What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slept with my ex boyfriends brother after he cheated on me with some girl in a tent when he went to a festival šŸ¤¢ wouldn't dream of doing something like that now šŸ¤£

I also stayed logged in on his Netflix and kept fast forwarding and skipping episodes on things he was watching šŸ˜‚
This Netflix story is hilarious

Reactions: 52
I used to work in a supermarket and if I had a rude customer I would scan their items at lightning speed so that they couldn't keep up with packing. (it's the little things)

My partner is the worst for this sort of thing. He was once patiently waiting for a space to open up in a car park, even had his indicator on to signal he was taking the space when the car left. And some bint out of nowhere swooped in and nabbed his space! He had a go at her but she told him to duck off and waltzed off.

So once she was gone he let the air out of her tyres.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 125
When someone parks outside my Dadā€™s house in his parking space, he lifts their wipers up. It doesnā€™t do any damage, the owner can literally put the wipes back down in seconds but it makes my Dad feel better šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been working from home for the last year but I need to go into the office a couple of times a month. I noticed that someone has been sitting at my desk and keeps adjusting my chair. The last time I went in, I was so angry about it that I took my keyboard home with me. Itā€™s really pathetic, I mean there are literally spare keyboards all over the place but I couldnā€™t think of anything else to do šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 124
When someone parks outside my Dadā€™s house in his parking space, he lifts their wipers up. It doesnā€™t do any damage, the owner can literally put the wipes back down in seconds but it makes my Dad feel better šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been working from home for the last year but I need to go into the office a couple of times a month. I noticed that someone has been sitting at my desk and keeps adjusting my chair. The last time I went in, I was so angry about it that I took my keyboard home with me. Itā€™s really pathetic, I mean there are literally spare keyboards all over the place but I couldnā€™t think of anything else to do šŸ™ˆšŸ˜‚
Next time sew a whopee cushion into the seat for maximum fun time šŸ™ŒšŸ»

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ooh with an ex I let my sister scratch his beloved FIFA disk to death.
At work I was in charge of the online reports/dashboards. They treated me like tit especially as I was leaving and let someone with 0 skills be in charge of the department so I added backgrounds and gifs to the report because I knew they couldnā€™t get rid of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
My mumā€™s old neighbours used to park on her driveway all the time, preventing her visitors from parking. So one day I decided to put ketchup on the womanā€™s car door handle.

She also had another neighbour whoā€™s son was really rude and obnoxious (he was a young teen). His ball kept going into her front garden and he would just climb all over her new fence to get to it. One day I just popped the ball.

I had a neighbour near me who kept putting his cans and beer bottles in my bin. One day I took all the bags out (he literally filled my blue bin) and I put them all outside his back gate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Way back at the start of my career, a new manager came into our department and wanted to make their mark by ā€œdriving efficiencyā€. She requested that I complete a ā€œtime logā€ each day detailing how long I spent on every activity I did so we could identify where I could potentially be more productive. Now I, a very productive employee, was mortally offended by this suggestion and completed log as follows:

9.00 - 9.02 arrive at desk and login
9.02 - 9.03 complete time log
9.03 - 9.04 answer phone
9.04 - 9.09 talk to customer about xyz
9.09 - 9.11 complete time log
Etc
11.10 - 11.12 walk to printer
11.12 - 11.13 print
11.13 - 11.15 walk back to desk
11.15 - 11.17 complete time log
Etc

to be extra helpful and show how committed I was to driving productivity and supporting our new managers goals, I ccā€™d in the department head when I sent my time log through.

recommended efficiency saving from department head? Save employees approximately 60 - 90mins a day by eliminating time logs completely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 185
Months after a bad breakup, I kept getting calls from a debt collector looking for the ex. The ex must've decided to be petty and had given my phone number for their contact details. I didn't have the ex's current details, but I tracked them down online even though they had moved away and changed their name (mother's maiden name, so original).

They had just started a new business so I got their work and home addresses and numbers. The next time I got a call from the debt collector I explained the situation before they could hang up and they were extremely pleased.

When I checked a few weeks later, the new business had been wound down, name changed and they'd moved again. As a colleague said when I told her of my petty behaviour, "revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Someone I know, after being cheated on then dumped, wrote ā€˜bastardā€™ on her exā€™s lawn in weed killer. She also kept a key to his house and when she knew he would be away for a few days let herself in, changed the fuse in the plug on his freezer for an old broken fuse and left the contents to defrost. It was so satisfying šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
So many things when I waitressed

One lady had a complete meltdown at me for the long dark hair in her food. At the time my hair was short and blonde and everyone else working was male with short hair. She was adamant it was mine, and was awful to me when I tried to point out that her hair was long and dark.... Anyway, she always came in during really busy lunch times, and always demanded our ā€œbestā€ table.Without fail, I always gave her the worst one that everyone complained about from then on. She never did learn to book

I also refuse to pick up dirty socks. My other half loves leaving them all over the place and Iā€™ve decided to make a point. Thereā€™s been a crusty sock in the corner of the kitchen for 3 weeks now, and Iā€™ve hoovered and mopped around it at least 4 times

• Haha
  • Heart
I do petty stuff to my husband all the time because he pisses me off with his laziness.

He has a habit of leaving his cut toenails on the arm of the chair so i put them in his work boots

Leaves crumbs all over the worktop so they also go in his work boots.

Leaves empty packets down the sofa cushions they go in his work boots.

He has never once mentioned it to me šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 256
Just been enjoying reading this thread to my husband and he has one of his own to share:

When he was at university, he had a job at a pub. When he got any arsey customers who ordered Guinness, he used to draw what looked like a shamrock in the foam...but it was actually a dick.

• Haha
  • Heart
My mumā€™s ex partner was a total bastard. So abusive and put us through hell. Anyway I was clearing out a cupboard in my mumā€™s house not long after they broke up. Came across his brand new passport, birth certificate, family photos and other items. They went through the shredder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
A place I used to work had a barber opposite it, that had a big sign that said

OPEN MONDAY'S

and it always annoyed me. One day I pointed it out to the proprietress, and she insisted that OPEN MONDAY'S was fine. When I pointed out where she was wrong, she went apeshit, saying that I obviously didn't know what the duck I was on about, and to shut my face.

So, I had a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves sent to her shop, and unfortunately I screwed up on postage and she ended up getting stung for Ā£1.79. She moaned and cried about this for a week, so eventually I posted her Ā£1.79 in pennies.

But OPEN MONDAY'S continued to haunt me.

Eventually, after some font research, I replaced her OPEN MONDAY'S sign with a practically identical OPEN MONDAYS. After two weeks she noticed, and again, went apeshit. Insisted on the replacement of her original sign. So I gave her a nice O'PEN M'ONDAY'S' sign, which she did not appreciate. The police were summoned. I have a lifetime ban from her establishment.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 211
When I broke up with a cheating ex I gave him a month to find somewhere new to live, 6 weeks later and he was still living with me. I then told him he had a week to find somewhere and then Iā€™m changing the locks. On the Saturday he was mad rushing trying to pack and move and just shoving his crap into black bags, I may have thrown 2 black bags full of food waste into the mix and he took them to his new place. As he was a lazy duck and never cleaned I knew it would get nice a stinky at the new place lol. I also unstitched the hem on his suit jacket and put cat food in it and stitched it back up, again he was a dirty bastard so I knew he wouldnā€™t get it cleaned for months and he always wore that jacket out lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 76

OPEN MONDAY'S

and it always annoyed me. One day I pointed it out to the proprietress, and she insisted that OPEN MONDAY'S was fine. When I pointed out where she was wrong, she went apeshit, saying that I obviously didn't know what the duck I was on about, and to shut my face.

So, I had a copy of Eats, Shoots & Leaves sent to her shop, and unfortunately I screwed up on postage and she ended up getting stung for Ā£1.79. She moaned and cried about this for a week, so eventually I posted her Ā£1.79 in pennies.

Eventually, after some font research, I replaced her OPEN MONDAY'S sign with a practically identical OPEN MONDAYS. After two weeks she noticed, and again, went apeshit. Insisted on the replacement of her original sign. So I gave her a nice O'PEN M'ONDAY'S' sign, which she did not appreciate. The police were summoned. I have a lifetime ban from her establishment.
I think I love you.

When grammar pedantry and coinage pettiness collide. Simply priceless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Also, our neighbours use the visitor space outside their house like itā€™s their own... every time we have anyone visiting I make a point of getting them to use that space not the one outside our house

Reactions: 14
My Mum spray painted her ex husbands car after he cheated on her with 2 women and got one of them pregnant. She caused Ā£3,000 worth of damage. When I worked in a clothes shop, if I was put on the till and someone was rude as hell to me, I'd deliberately give their change in 5ps.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

OPEN MONDAY'S

Loving your work!!! šŸ™Œ

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.