What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
* I had an argument with my mum at a family party hosted by my Uncle. I decided to leave and noticed my mum’s shoes were in the hall ... I stole just one of her shoes and took it home with me before throwing it in the bin. I still laugh imagining her looking for that missing shoe 🤣

* I ‘accidentally’ dropped a customers hotdog on the floor of the kitchen I was working in and then served it to her. My own business had gone under a few weeks before and she’d commented that she wasn’t surprised as I was obviously not willing to work hard. Never mess with people who cook your food 😉

* I cut off just a single shirt cuff or trouser hem on all of my ex boyfriends clothes when I found out he was cheating on me. He didn’t notice till the following week when he got ready for work 🤣

I’ve probably done a lot of other things which I’m sure I’ll remember now I’ve starting to think about it 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I was seeing someone for a while a few years ago it ended really badly, eventually once I was over it myself and another work colleague (we work in the same place) put a note on his car saying they had the hots for them and to call them..... we had a giggle until he realised it was us, then I took great delight telling everyone else what a stupid dick he was to fall for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A guy I knew and thought was a great guy turned out to be a sex pest, he harassed a girl I knew so I when we were around his house one night for a few drinks I erased all his saved games on his Nintendo Switch. I felt guilty about it for about second and then he went nuts and threatened to kill me so I got to see the nasty side and then didn't feel guilty at all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Years ago I was having my ciggy break in the office kitchen (shows how long ago it was). The receptionist, who I was really friendly came in red faced and effing and blinding. One of the guys had rudely demanded she make coffees for a meeting he was hosting. This guy wasn’t senior/was a jumped up prick and in fact it was one of those offices where usually everyone helped themselves to their own refreshments before starting meetings.

When the pot was made she wiped the kitchen counter and wrung out the skanky sopping wet kitchen cloth into the pot.

I always made my own coffees in my own cup in there!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
* I had an argument with my mum at a family party hosted by my Uncle. I decided to leave and noticed my mum’s shoes were in the hall ... I stole just one of her shoes and took it home with me before throwing it in the bin. I still laugh imagining her looking for that missing shoe 🤣
You absolute legend!! This has cracked me up 🤣🤣

Years ago when my aunt and uncle used to argue, she’d storm out of the house and drive around for hours with the TV remote control beside her 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
My ex was moving back into our shared property temporarily for a week, before I bought him out. I’d dumped him months before for seeing other women but he worked away so I was slow in sorting the actual chucking him out bit. I stayed with my new boyfriend (now husband) for that week. I took all the toilet roll with me.

Oh and the stuff he left behind I sold using classified ads. I made £100. A guy I worked with liked betting on horses and gave me a tip. I put the £100 on the horse and it came in 7/1. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
when I worked in a bar abroad, I had a customer who was extremely rude; clicking her fingers for attention, not saying please or thank you and speaking to me like I was her servant so when I delivered her table a round of drinks and she paid, I deliberately let the change miss her hand and drop on the floor so she had to pick it up as I walked off 💁‍♀️
mines kinda similar to yours, if people used the tip tray to put their pennies or tiny pocket change, I’d bring it right back to them alongside their receipt! I don’t want your crappy coppers any more than you do!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t get on well with one of my next door neighbours. She was all nicey nice to us when she first moved in but then quickly showed her true colours. She blatantly ignored us whenever we were polite and said hello in passing. She would shoo my sons away from her garden but then let another neighbour’s little girl play there and very loudly fusses over her in front of my two. She’s refused to take parcels in for us - not that we nominated her or anything but we’d previously taken in things for her. She would complain about my little boys being “too loud” when her own teenage son often had loads of his mates over every weekend, drinking and smoking hash, blasting their tit tunes when I’m trying to settle my children to sleep at night.

One time pre-pandemic we were having troubles with our front door (we rent a council property) and you couldn’t get it locked properly unless you closed it over hard. We kept on at the HA to sort it, but they were useless, saying it wasn’t an emergency so could wait (bit of an emergency when you can’t get your door locked, I’d say, but whatever). My husband was trying to fix the issue himself one day while we waited for someone to come out and sort it. The witch next door watches us coming and going from her window all the time. That day she flew out of her house and started screaming abuse at my husband for banging the front door once. My poor OH is a gentle giant and was just gobsmacked and very apologetic. I, however, was indoors at the time and heard the whole thing.

Well I flew out the door and started shouting back at her and told her to wind her neck in. Ever since then, I always make a point of slamming the door behind me when i’m going out just to piss her off (door’s fixed btw). She hasn’t said anything to either of us since. I also tell any delivery people trying to get me to sign for her deliveries that I’m not taking in anything for her because she’s an hole.

Other than that, I wouldn’t say I was a petty person generally. I really found it hard to think of more examples. I need to be more evil. 😂

Oh, I tell a lie. I got married in Vegas without telling anybody. My mum was fuming about it (we have a very strained relationship, long story short she’s a narcissist). She said I did it to spite her, and I won’t lie, I partially did. I took away her chance to make it all about her being mother of the bride. She would have cast a shadow over my day no matter where or how I got married because that’s just what she’s like. She did it with the birth of my first child, I was glad my husband was all for eloping. We had a great day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I once bought someone a glass of wine in a bar and then decided I didn't like his attitude so I took it back and drank it in front of him.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
In hotels, if someone is making noise keeping me awake, I turn the do not disturb signs to the ‘please clean my room’ side

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
I went through a phase of CONSTANTLY getting ID'd for alcohol by the SAME woman in Morrisons. I was mid 20s and don't look young for my age but one time, when I was pregnant so it wasn't even like it was for me, my fiance who was in his 30s had ID and she still wouldn't serve us whatever it was he wanted. So I made her wait with our shopping on the till while I went home and got my ID. Petty. She didn't ID me again.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I’ve just had a proper think and have more of my own proper examples 😂

- I called my exes mum when I found out he cheated on me and told her everything. She wasn’t amused 😂

- My colleague when I worked in retail admin was an utter patronising witch and she had a favourite pen. It was one of the bic pens you click down with each colour on if that makes sense. She once left her pen unattended on the desk in our office so I picked it up and lobbed it as hard as I could behind the filing cabinets. She never found her pen 🥰

Most recently me and my bf were near our garage and our neighbour was the other side of the fence in her garden painting it. Our kitten follows us everywhere so she came out and hopped up on the fence and was walking along the top. Now I get that not everyone likes cats, but she could hear and see us. She could’ve asked us to stop her but no, this old witch hit her with a rag 😡 of course I was enraged. I didn’t say anything because I’ve learnt to control my rage (slightly) and not act violently, but now I slam the garage door really hard at all hours of the day as they live next to it. Sometimes I’ll do it at 7am, sometimes 12am. I will also take the rubbish out (lots of glass bottles) super late at night or early in the morning. Also signed them up for tit loads of junk mail 🤪 my bf also revs his car outside really loud when leaves for work early. Don’t hit my cat you old bleep!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Me and my ex broke up quite amicably. We were good friends but I didn'twant a relationship anymore. Sex life had gone etc. He was a bit of a wet blanket and a pushover. Anyway he started dating this psycho who demanded he didn't talk to me anymore or even so much as look at me. Do that's fine. She's welcome to my left over sandwich 😂 She trapped him with a baby after a few weeks and ended up moving into the home we once shared of which he had bought me out of. She moved in with her 3 kids. Anyway I was owed half the furniture. My ex and I had agreed as soon as I get my own place he would store it for me and then I coup have it when I bought my own house. As soon as she moved in though she wanted to keep it and didn't want me to have it. He just went along with that for an easy life.

So I just decided to let go...and also send loads of lingerie magazines and bridal magazines in mine and my ex's name just to piss her off lol. I then sent him valentine's cards from a mystery lover just to piss her off 😂😂😂

A different ex I dated, was so horrible to me. Told me I wasn't long term and that I wore top much makeup etc. He was on lots of posh dating websites and he refused to take his profile down despite being with me so one evening whilst he was asleep I logged in his laptop and changed his profile pic to the worst photo of him and wrote a different bio...a total embrassing one. Then I "accidently" spilt champagne on his precious speakers and laptop. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Years ago i worked in retail and in one of the staff toilets someone kept wiping bogeys on the wall and one of the women was absolutely raging about it !! She wrote out a huge sign saying stop it you’re disgusting etc and put it on the back of the door so i wiped bogeys on her sign 🤣🤣🤣

I honestly thought she was going to have a heart attack when she found out. It was so childish of me but so hilarious 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Years ago i worked in retail and in one of the staff toilets someone kept wiping bogeys on the wall and one of the women was absolutely raging about it !! She wrote out a huge sign saying stop it you’re disgusting etc and put it on the back of the door so i wiped bogeys on her sign 🤣🤣🤣

I honestly thought she was going to have a heart attack when she found out. It was so childish of me but so hilarious 🤣
Did you ever find who was wiping snot on their own staff toilets? That is disgusting. I'd be raging lol. Don't know why someone would do that in their own staff toilets!

Reactions: 19
There was a phantom bogey wiper in one of my workplaces!

It was a high profile project office for a major company and the floor I was on would have had an average salary of in excess of £150k per annum.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
There was a phantom bogey wiper in one of my workplaces!

It was a high profile project office for a major company and the floor I was on would have had an average salary of in excess of £150k per annum.
There’s one in my mums offices at the moment, big earners too. They’re working on suspects 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.