What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I worked with a woman who was an absolute monster, especially to attractive, younger women. I was junior and powerless to do anything about her, but I made a donation in her name to a local zoo so that she was featured (surprisingly prominently) in the Hippo enclosure. It gave me a small, evil thrill to think about it every time she called me ‘dear’ (in a sneering voice). Which was often.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
My husband pissed me off so I changed the settings on his phone to Arabic. When I texted him he panicked like hell cos I told him he had to go to the police because ISIS had infiltrated his phone and were trying to radicalised him. The daft get believed every word he was sweating lol. Took me bleeping ages to get the settings back to English lol
Omg…that’s so wrong but so funny! Does he laugh about it yet?

Our new (hopefully only temp) manager is a !@#£ I, i have osteoarthritis and can't lift safely so I don't work the heavy cages filled with large bottles of pop and alcohol etc as they are way to heavy for me to life safely. She won't accept that as an excuse not to work them and told me I can still put one bottle at a time on the shelf so I do i literally pick up one bottle walk a few feet to the shelf put it on and go back for another bottle all whilst walking as slowly as possible whilst serving on the till it took about an hour to do a couple of boxes.
I’m annoyed for you. Other people not understanding your condition is infuriating. Well done for finding a petty solution. Seriously tho your health is the priority x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This thread is brilliant. Currently been awake since 4am (late stage pregnancy…woohoo!) and all of your posts have had me giggling for the last half an hour. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 14
I am still with my husband but one day we had an argument when we first moved in literally ten minutes after we’d got back from Asda. I said duck living with you, pack your stuff and get out. I felt all smug and in charge and went out for a coffee with our newborn. Well when I come back he’s only taken half the bleeping food shopping back and half a till reciept. I was fuming said you better come back and bring this food back right now. He said oh you giving me another chance then are you? Absolute git he was all I was left with was branston pickle and bread but no butter 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I put in a request for overtime last week and got a response today from the admin unit asking to explain a “pacific reason” it should be granted. I replied that I “can’t sea why” it shouldn’t be. Think it probably went right over their head but it made me chuckle to myself. It’s the little things…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
I put in a request for overtime last week and got a response today from the admin unit asking to explain a “pacific reason” it should be granted. I replied that I “can’t sea why” it shouldn’t be. Think it probably went right over their head but it made me chuckle to myself. It’s the little things…
This has really tickled me😂 I love this thread

Reactions: 6
I work in a supermarket and if anyone is the slightest bit shirty with me when they ask if we have more stock out the back, I walk in the warehouse, scroll on my phone for bit, then come back out and tell them we don't have it. If even I know for a fact we do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I work in a supermarket and if anyone is the slightest bit shirty with me when they ask if we have more stock out the back, I walk in the warehouse, scroll on my phone for bit, then come back out and tell them we don't have it. If even I know for a fact we do.
I really don't get why people aren't polite when asking. Usually a please and thank you works wonders, and staff are normally very pleased to help.

Reactions: 31
Ive been there - but in the nokia days so id go back and have a game of snake 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Omg…that’s so wrong but so funny! Does he laugh about it yet?

I’m annoyed for you. Other people not understanding your condition is infuriating. Well done for finding a petty solution. Seriously tho your health is the priority x
Yes he does now lol. He's always been terrified of phones though. He won't even download a screensaver cos he's scared he may trigger world war three or have Operation yewtree knocking at the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yes he does now lol. He's always been terrified of phones though. He won't even download a screensaver cos he's scared he may trigger world war three or have Operation yewtree knocking at the door.
Next time you are angry with him I guess you need to change it into Russian 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 20
At my old work place there had to be a certain number of staff in each day and you weren't allowed to book time off if it meant the number went below this level.
One of my colleagues was a nasty witch, always trying to get people into trouble, was lazy, two faced etc and had a particular problem with me so I absolutely hated her.
One beautiful sunny morning her and another colleague came into the staff room, they didn't notice me and continued their conversation with the witch saying "It's such a lovely day, I can't be bothered with work, I've checked the rota and there's enough people in so I'm going to book the afternoon off"
I quietly snuck away, told the manager I wasn't feeling great and asked for a half day which was approved.
The witch then waltzed in saying loudly "I'm booking a half day today seeing as there's plenty of us in and then I'm going to spend the afternoon at the beach " with a smug smile.
Her face was an absolute picture when she was refused her afternoon off and she was even more livid when she discovered that it was because of me being "poorly"
Even funnier the next morning another colleague asked in front of the witch if I was feeling better and I replied "oh yes, in fact I felt better soon after I got home so decided to spend the afternoon at the beach, it was fantastic!"
So petty but well worth it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
At my old work place there had to be a certain number of staff in each day and you weren't allowed to book time off if it meant the number went below this level.
One of my colleagues was a nasty witch, always trying to get people into trouble, was lazy, two faced etc and had a particular problem with me so I absolutely hated her.
One beautiful sunny morning her and another colleague came into the staff room, they didn't notice me and continued their conversation with the witch saying "It's such a lovely day, I can't be bothered with work, I've checked the rota and there's enough people in so I'm going to book the afternoon off"
I quietly snuck away, told the manager I wasn't feeling great and asked for a half day which was approved.
The witch then waltzed in saying loudly "I'm booking a half day today seeing as there's plenty of us in and then I'm going to spend the afternoon at the beach " with a smug smile.
Her face was an absolute picture when she was refused her afternoon off and she was even more livid when she discovered that it was because of me being "poorly"
Even funnier the next morning another colleague asked in front of the witch if I was feeling better and I replied "oh yes, in fact I felt better soon after I got home so decided to spend the afternoon at the beach, it was fantastic!"
So petty but well worth it!
This is the best 👌🏻 😂😂

Reactions: 4
I worked with a woman who was an absolute monster, especially to attractive, younger women. I was junior and powerless to do anything about her, but I made a donation in her name to a local zoo so that she was featured (surprisingly prominently) in the Hippo enclosure. It gave me a small, evil thrill to think about it every time she called me ‘dear’ (in a sneering voice). Which was often.
This is so bleeping funny I am howling! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Was this in North Devon somewhere? I only ask because there was one of those dedication/adoption sign things with the blub about the person at a zoo I went to and it seemed really oddly worded. Almost like it wasn't done favourably. Maybe you're not alone in your public expression of dislike though 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
this has had me absolutely crying 😂😂😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I remember hearing on the radio a few years ago about a man who took all the backs from his ex-girlfriend’s earrings because she cheated on him, or something to that effect 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
In one job, there was a woman I hated. Anyway, she was leaving and on her last day, I peeled her name off her pigeon hole and threw it in the bin. It was very satisfying.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
In one job, there was a woman I hated. Anyway, she was leaving and on her last day, I peeled her name off her pigeon hole and threw it in the bin. It was very satisfying.
I put 5p and a few paper clips in the leaving collection for the nasty cow who had caused untold trouble at my workplace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.