What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex stole money from me and slept with sex workers so I don't feel bad about it....

I took the diamond out of the engagement ring and replaced it with a glass stone. His new wife now wears it 🤣

A relative may have also put something in his aftershave spray...
Amazing! Ha ha and he regifted the ring, if I was the new gf I would be pissed off if I knew it was a regifted ring 😬

Well done on keeping the diamond.

Reactions: 15
Hold on…how did you have access to the engagement ring? PLEASE don’t tell me he regifted the one he gave you???
He did 🤣. Sad for the new wife but she believes his lies unfortunately. He knows how to pray on the vulnerable. She actually bragged to me about it once and I told her it was my ring first. She did not like that still wears it tho ,🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
He did 🤣. Sad for the new wife but she believes his lies unfortunately. He knows how to pray on the vulnerable. She actually bragged to me about it once and I told her it was my ring first. She did not like that still wears it tho ,🤷‍♀️
I would have to let it be known the stone is glass. You done have to say you swapped it out.

Reactions: 7
Imagine they break up and she goes to try and sell it, will be quite the shock 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My next door neighbour in an old house (he was in his 60’s and a nosey, moany old bastard), who did diy every evening….. I got so sick of it in the end I snapped. Went online and filled out forms for free sexual health leaflets to be sent to his address, texts, I signed him up for channel 4 naked attraction and sent one of those surprise cannon envelopes to his address that explodes with sticky confetti when opened.

God he got right on my tits
Oh my god. Thank you! I am going to do this right now!! My last neighbour made our lives hell for years. In the end we couldn't even sneeze without getting hoards of abuse. I still get PTSD if I see him and his crappy van. This will at least make me smile a bit 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Must have been a decent size to get that for it. Well done.
it was quite small actually but a good cut and clarity apparently. Surprised me I got so much for it. I donate the guilt ridden birthday money my dad sends me too. Feel like I'm helping to pay back his debt to society for how he physically hurt my mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
No. Didn't want the memory of it. I'm quite sentimental. Ended up selling it.. got £1100 for it. Donated it to a women's refuge for those fleeing domestic abuse.
Well done to you for turning an awful situation into a great one for so many women ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Not exactly petty but one of my colleagues when sending reports that includes a team in Russia colour codes the report in the colours of the Ukrainian flag 💛💙

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My next door neighbour in an old house (he was in his 60’s and a nosey, moany old bastard), who did diy every evening….. I got so sick of it in the end I snapped. Went online and filled out forms for free sexual health leaflets to be sent to his address, texts, I signed him up for channel 4 naked attraction and sent one of those surprise cannon envelopes to his address that explodes with sticky confetti when opened.

God he got right on my tits
You signed him up for Naked Attraction omg I'm crying. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is the best thread ever! I’ve laughed out loud at some of these.
I’m quite a petty person. As OH finds out when he annoys me! These are long, apologies but my favourite acts of pettiness!

Years ago, OH got a speeding fine and I was absolutely furious at him. That same night I was attending a function at our rugby club, where my very favourite player (who I might have had a tiny crush on) was attending. Said player was doing a charity raffle and if you bought a ticket he asked for a contact number to put on the ticket stub in case said ticket won. So I gave him my phone number of course. When I got home that night OH was being all nicey nicey and asked had I had a good night. Oh yes, said I. *said player* asked me for my number..!! I didn’t give context but his face was a picture 😂

My mum pulled a great one on an ex friend of mine. When we were 18, we went off to different unis. She went to study Tourism and I went off to study a Combined Honours degree. She was always boasting that she was going to get a first class degree and a plum job with the BBC and I would end up unemployed as my degree was stupid, as was I, and I would never pass. She ironically got kicked off the course at the end of the first year for failing all her exams. She was unable to hold down any kind of job and ended up long term unemployed. I did my nurse training but after I got ill I changed careers and went back to Uni where I got two undergrad degrees and a Masters. In the meantime I got myself a decent steady job in the Civil Service.

A few months ago my mum bumped into her and her insipid husband on a coach trip. I’m told from mutual friends that she liked to boast she was married and I was ‘still single’ As I had been engaged a few times but never got married. We stopped speaking before I met OH so she assumed that because she had Only ever seen my maiden name on Facebook she assumed wrongly I was single. So ex friend, being nosy, asks mum ‘have I got a proper job yet’ Mum likes to boast about my academic achievements and said ‘oh yes, she’s working. She’s just graduated from uni for the third time, she’s got two undergrads and a Masters degree.’ Ex friend didn’t like this and huffed and puffed before she said ‘oh but I’m married though, she’s still single’ My mum, apparently looked puzzled and said ‘no, she got married two years ago, she’s been with her husband for years’ Ex friend was so annoyed she never said another word to my mum😂I like to think that was some petty revenge for her meanness to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’m quite a petty person. As OH finds out when he annoys me! These are long, apologies but my favourite acts of pettiness!

Years ago, OH got a speeding fine and I was absolutely furious at him. That same night I was attending a function at our rugby club, where my very favourite player (who I might have had a tiny crush on) was attending. Said player was doing a charity raffle and if you bought a ticket he asked for a contact number to put on the ticket stub in case said ticket won. So I gave him my phone number of course. When I got home that night OH was being all nicey nicey and asked had I had a good night. Oh yes, said I. *said player* asked me for my number..!! I didn’t give context but his face was a picture 😂

My mum pulled a great one on an ex friend of mine. When we were 18, we went off to different unis. She went to study Tourism and I went off to study a Combined Honours degree. She was always boasting that she was going to get a first class degree and a plum job with the BBC and I would end up unemployed as my degree was stupid, as was I, and I would never pass. She ironically got kicked off the course at the end of the first year for failing all her exams. She was unable to hold down any kind of job and ended up long term unemployed. I did my nurse training but after I got ill I changed careers and went back to Uni where I got two undergrad degrees and a Masters. In the meantime I got myself a decent steady job in the Civil Service.

A few months ago my mum bumped into her and her insipid husband on a coach trip. I’m told from mutual friends that she liked to boast she was married and I was ‘still single’ As I had been engaged a few times but never got married. We stopped speaking before I met OH so she assumed that because she had Only ever seen my maiden name on Facebook she assumed wrongly I was single. So ex friend, being nosy, asks mum ‘have I got a proper job yet’ Mum likes to boast about my academic achievements and said ‘oh yes, she’s working. She’s just graduated from uni for the third time, she’s got two undergrads and a Masters degree.’ Ex friend didn’t like this and huffed and puffed before she said ‘oh but I’m married though, she’s still single’ My mum, apparently looked puzzled and said ‘no, she got married two years ago, she’s been with her husband for years’ Ex friend was so annoyed she never said another word to my mum😂I like to think that was some petty revenge for her meanness to me.
Wow your ex friend is awful!

Reactions: 23
Thanks to fellow petty tattlers for the idea of signing bastard neighbours up for leaflets. I've done as many as I could find. I also found his mobile number on an old business that popped up when I googled his address. I'm hoping it's still his number as I have bought a tit load of cheap keys and will be writing his number on the little key chain in a hope he may get a few calls. I've also signed him up with the local jehovah's witness and have requested a home visit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

I had a friend like this. Would lord over us how clever she was and how she got into one of the best unis for her subject, how I was stupid to not go to the uni that was the best for my subject, told one of our friends that her degree was easy and pointless, blah blah blah. She now works a job that has nothing do with her degree that you didn't even need a degree to get, still stuck in our crappy little town with no real friends.
We both went on to work in the fields we did degrees in and moved far away. I don't even view degrees and money as success but in this case, if you're going to create the rules then make sure you follow them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My "ex" (if I can even call him that, we were never really official but he strung me along for 3 years) was an absolute prick to me, cheating on me constantly while giving the impression we were exclusive, giving me an STD, stalking me, using concert tickets I'd given him for his birthday to take some other girl. Once after a night out, me and a friend were drunk and on our way home and I really needed the toilet. I insisted we drive by his house so I could piss against his front door. I hope it still stank for ages after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The best firms for sigining up to are....

Old people assistance appliance outfits - rising chairs, Stannah etc.

Most of their online signups have a tickbox for passing details to other/allied companies and often a comment box - best comment to use is 'signing up for catalogue for suddenly ill relative with no internet and been advised companies like yours are perfect for their needs, please distribute details widely as in the market for a full house conversion/purchasing plan'

That gets all and sundry wetting themselves and doing catalogue drops like fun - from there it just propagates through to more mainstream stuff like Studio 24, Park Hampers and firms of that ilk. It'll never stop. 😈😈

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.