What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My fella was watching the footie yesterday and I asked him a question then was chatting about something and he went ‘will you shut up a min’ so i thought, how rude! Pretended to clean round the wifi hub and turned it off. The stream went off and he missed two goals 😂 i felt bad really 😂
Be honest, you didn't feel bad at all, I bet you were laughing in your head. I know I would be.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My husband was being a grumpy arse a few years ago and stomped off to watch the football on his own in the lounge. Our kids were sat in the kitchen with me and found an app which could change channels on the tv remotely. They had great fun listening for what sounded like exciting bits of the game then suddenly turning over to random crap on other channels.
I did similar to my boyfriend. When I used to smoke I’d stand in the garden but could see the tv so used the remote app to keep stopping and starting random YouTube videos. I’d be cracking myself up in the garden on my own 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I did similar to my boyfriend. When I used to smoke I’d stand in the garden but could see the tv so used the remote app to keep stopping and starting random YouTube videos. I’d be cracking myself up in the garden on my own 😂
My sister did this to my mum once, but put a YouTube video of my dad onto the tv and my mum thought my dad was on the news 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm now starting to feel suspicious about a "married in" relative.
I'm suspecting based on what you're saying that he has been mucking up my telly with his mobile, when me and his partner are trying to watch something on telly.
All of a sudden the screen breaks in to heavy rock music. Passive aggressive or what!!! (because he's not getting attention )🤔🤬

Reactions: 8
Years ago you could get watches that could control TVs. As silly teenagers we’d go into Currys and mess all their display TVs up and then when I had my first job I’d sit in the staff room and control the TV and the other staff members were convinced the place was haunted.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Years ago you could get watches that could control TVs. As silly teenagers we’d go into Currys and mess all their display TVs up and then when I had my first job I’d sit in the staff room and control the TV and the other staff members were convinced the place was haunted.
Watches that could control TVs were the best thing ever at secondary school. Especially if you had a substitute teacher who wanted to put a VHS on. Change the channel up or down and then play around either the volume and watch them get gradually more irate and confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I reported a company who didn't pay me an invoice for furlough fraud. They took very badly to me not wanting to work with them any longer (amongst the furlough fraud there were many other unscrupulous things they did and they treated staff very badly.) Don't know the outcome, but I'm a big believer in karma.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I work in HR and around a year or so ago I was dealing with a query from a young girl, a teacher about some tech issues she was having with her payslip. I went out of my way to be helpful, but she was so rude back to me and her responses were very blunt, once I’d solved the query for her she didn’t even say thank you!! Anyway, yesterday whilst I was at work I spotted another email from her about the same thing and shock horror she was already complaining about this that and the other…. So I just deleted it hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I work in HR and around a year or so ago I was dealing with a query from a young girl, a teacher about some tech issues she was having with her payslip. I went out of my way to be helpful, but she was so rude back to me and her responses were very blunt, once I’d solved the query for her she didn’t even say thank you!! Anyway, yesterday whilst I was at work I spotted another email from her about the same thing and shock horror she was already complaining about this that and the other…. So I just deleted it hahaha
This is obv a generalisation but I find youngsters today think we, their seniors at work, are their servants. They are extremely entitled.
I refuse to employ youngsters now to work with me because they don’t know what a work ethic is and they can’t leave their phones alone for 5 min. Drives me nuts.
I didn’t realise how much people babied their children these days. Some of them have no clue how to do simple every day tasks. The mind boggles

Reactions: 25
This is obv a generalisation but I find youngsters today think we, their seniors at work, are their servants. They are extremely entitled.
I refuse to employ youngsters now to work with me because they don’t know what a work ethic is and they can’t leave their phones alone for 5 min. Drives me nuts.
I didn’t realise how much people babied their children these days. Some of them have no clue how to do simple every day tasks. The mind boggles
I work for a place where students email/ call my team for help with their courses. The way some of them speak to staff is so entitled. I think social media conditions young people to think that their voice is 'King' and that anyone over 30 is a 'boomer' 🙄

When I get a snotty email from a student I deliberately choose to answer the next email in the queue before theirs, by way of silent protest.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw a tiktok of someone yesterday saying from time to time they log into their ex partners hello fresh account and change their meals to things they don’t like which I thought was funny!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw a tiktok of someone yesterday saying from time to time they log into their ex partners hello fresh account and change their meals to things they don’t like which I thought was funny!
I would have chosen the largest boxes just before the cut off date, so they would get charged more.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My next door neighbour in an old house (he was in his 60’s and a nosey, moany old bastard), who did diy every evening….. I got so sick of it in the end I snapped. Went online and filled out forms for free sexual health leaflets to be sent to his address, texts, I signed him up for channel 4 naked attraction and sent one of those surprise cannon envelopes to his address that explodes with sticky confetti when opened.

God he got right on my tits

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
My ex stole money from me and slept with sex workers so I don't feel bad about it....

I took the diamond out of the engagement ring and replaced it with a glass stone. His new wife now wears it 🤣

A relative may have also put something in his aftershave spray...

• Haha
Reactions: 44
My ex stole money from me and slept with sex workers so I don't feel bad about it....

I took the diamond out of the engagement ring and replaced it with a glass stone. His new wife now wears it 🤣

A relative may have also put something in his aftershave spray...
Hold on…how did you have access to the engagement ring? PLEASE don’t tell me he regifted the one he gave you???

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.