What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in banking so when a particular annoying colleague who thinks they are the bees knees and has been there less than a year compared to myself who’s been there over 10 does my head in about something or is just being their rude self, I will hide calculators off their till, printer pads, pens, anything that causes them to faff, when they then get their customer feedback calls they get marked down for being served in a timely manner because they are faffing for equipment 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I tried to think of more that my husband has had to put up with over the years.

When we were dating and he had stayed over a few times, he’d irked me ever so slightly because he’d thrown his coat on the armchair instead of hanging it up. I’d asked him on previous occasions to pop it in the cupboard under the stairs, hence being mildly irked at the tossing of it onto the chair again. Anyway, he asked if it was ok to have the WiFi password. I began reading it out quickly from the back of the router. Watching him frantically typing trying to keep up amused me so much that I decided to keep going and started adding random characters onto the end. I must’ve gotten to about 20-25 characters before he said “God, this is a bit long!”
I decided to end it there, but I still let him try to connect to the WiFi with the enormous made up password which I knew would fail. I said that I must’ve missed a character out. Funnily enough he said he’d leave it for now.

Only last year he’d done something small to piss me off whilst out shopping so whilst in a branch of The Works I decided to amuse myself. The Works have those island stands, with jigsaws or whatever on them, that you can walk around fully. He’ll pretty much just follow my lead in a shop like that so I walked around one of the stands - he followed. Took my time pretending to look at what was on the stand and slowly made it around the same stand again - he followed. Tried for a third time around the same stand when he finally piped up “I’m not going round again!” 😂

We have a chalkboard in the hall. We don’t check it daily and previous notes are always left so we don’t notice if there is writing on it. Anyway, as he irks me regularly I always seize an opportunity when one presents itself. I knew that his very conservative mum was popping over at some point that day, so I wrote “*His name* loves big, natural, wobbly tits” on the chalkboard and went to work.
When I got back he said he had only seen what I’d written after his mum had already come into the house. He claims that he offered to make a cuppa as an opportunity to go and rub it off. As he started to wipe it off she turned and abruptly said “I’ve already seen it!”

Lastly, if I’m in the bath and he comes up to tell me to hurry up and get out because he needs the loo, I will deliberately take slightly longer getting out than I would normally do.

Despite all of this, I do love him dearly. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Once a man wronged me in a love triangle situation so when the opportunity presented itself I emptied half of his bottle of expensive aftershave and topped it up with my piss.

Oh and I got wind he was driving his new love's car uninsured so I reported it on the crimestoppers website, remarkably he was stopped by the police days later.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
One of my neighbours is a vile person, constantly shouting at her kid, having parties, I suspect taking drugs. I haven’t got anywhere with the usual channels eg reporting her.

I noticed she posted a Fb marketplace advert with her phone number on… obviously I know her address as she lives opposite me…

I ordered several plastic surgery brochures to her house and included her phone number on the form so she could discuss her ‘insecurities about her face’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
My husband's parents are divorced. Not been together since my husband was a toddler but my MIL absolutely can't stand her Ex or his new partner. Will openly slag him off so over Christmas I make a point of talking about them nicely, telling the MIL what he up to. Referring to him as Grandad and Nanny B when the kids are about, commenting how alike my husband and his Dad are. She hates it, I love watching her reaction.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The first Mr F was an absolute pain in the arse when I finally had enough of the emotional abuse and manipulation after nine years and told him I wanted a divorce. First he decided he was going to defend the divorce petition to try and force me to stay married to him and then when that didn't work he simply refused altogether to engage with the financial settlement, so even though I'd managed to push a decree absolute through, I still had that hanging over my head. I had to pay for process servers and take him to court, incurring barrister fees. He didn't turn up to the first hearing, so the judge ruled we could skip straight to the third, where he finally produced his Form E, which he'd lied on by not mentioning several streams of income and a couple of bank accounts. I spent over £10k on legal fees trying to get everything tied up and it took over three years to conclude. Once the financial settlement had been approved by the court he sent me a very smug email saying I could just send him a cheque for what he was owed. I knew from my solicitor that his solicitors were thoroughly fed up with him not communicating with them, so I transferred the whole amount, around £30k, to my solicitor's client funds account and asked her to send it on to his solicitors so they could pass it to him and then I'd be sure he'd got it safely. I hear they took all his unpaid fees and the statutory interest due on them out of it and he ended up with substantially less than he was expecting :)

On a slightly less serious note, the current Mr F has mild OCD. He loves to cook and if I'm annoyed at him for any reason I turn one of the knives round in the block of steak knives next to the hob so the handle is facing the other way to all the rest of them. Drives him nuts because he knows something is off when he's standing there cooking, but he can't quite work out what it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
If my partner is bugging me slightly, when he goes for a shower I turn the tap on in the kitchen so the pressure is crap for the shower. He sometimes shouts down ‘have you got the tap on?’ And I say ‘no why what’s up?’ Small things like that 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
When my partner is too engrossed in the PlayStation, and won’t respond to me/help when asked (which is very very rare), I turn off our internet so his game crashes 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If my partner is bugging me slightly, when he goes for a shower I turn the tap on in the kitchen so the pressure is crap for the shower. He sometimes shouts down ‘have you got the tap on?’ And I say ‘no why what’s up?’ Small things like that 😂
Yassss, when we had our old boiler system I would flush the toilet on purpose. It made the shower boiling hot before freezing cold. Only for a couple of seconds but the screams are worth it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I follow a lot of photographers on insta. One had posted about using something new which helped create the image they had posted. Someone asked what it was and they said they would DM that person. I asked if I could also be DM’ed. They said no and left a sarky reply. I posted fair enough and named whatever it was they had used saying I had found it out anyway from an article. They blocked me and deleted my comments.

Sent them the inquiry email about booking with them for their most expensive service when I have no interest but will draw it out for as long as I can.

Being bitchy but their stuff is also very basic and nothing special. Zero awards and not even featured or published in any magazines. Zero google reviews too.

They charge £55 for a one hour shoot for a reason. I paid £310 in total for my sister’s last one. (Trying to build up her self esteem).

Crossed the wrong lemon.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I had a series of friends in varying Ill health who took advantage of me so I arranged for personalised funeral plans to be sent to them. They were immoral cunts though so I don't feel bad.

• Haha
I used to work with a woman at a GP practice who was so annoying I can’t begin to explain. She didn’t actually do any of the work she was employed to do, she instead made herself busy by rearranging the stationary cupboard or clearing out the fridge all whilst the phone was going mad at 8am with people needing appointments. She would make herself look incredibly busy and no one else had time to question it. The phone lines always went live at 8am but she would arrive at 7.59 and then take 5 minutes parking her car, checking her tyres, using the toilet, making tea, ‘forgetting’ her password so having to ring IT. Basically anything to avoid answering the phone or deal with patients.

Anyway, a list of stuff I’d always do:
- get her computer started and logged in ready for her so there were no excuses 🤣
- she used to pile up random bits of paper making it look like she was busy so I’d throw them all away when she wasn’t looking.
- She would always nitpick about things being out of place so I used to make a certain desk wonky and she would be forever commenting on it and moving it back 🤣
- She liked a certain cup but I’d always use it myself when working with her although it wasn’t actually my favourite.
- she would laminate ANYTHING she could so I used to put little bits of fluff or paper clips inside the plastic before it was laminated. When it came out she would notice it and get all irate and say she didn’t see it before it was laminated 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Mate of mine inherited his parents house and the family behind started playing silly buggers - they went so far as to claim half the garden was theirs - mates parents bought the house new in the 60's, he was born and bred there. He had photo's etc so went through solicitors for adverse possession thing even though it was properly his.

Told him I would sort out a load of cold custard on the cunts....

26 months later I delivered a case of tins of cold custard in the form thusly....

Had HMRC, Border Force etc take a gander a the building company the husband owned and operated - employing illegals, cash in hand, etc - They actually found tit - so he lost the business.
Burner phone and started texting him and her, but jumbling messages up so she'd get messages from his bit of 'fluff' and he'd get messages from her gym monkey. Divorced each other as they were both jealous types.
Mortgage firm repo'd the house as they neglected simple bills with everything going on.

Both fucked off with nothing up country to different ends as far as we understand.

Mate still can't believe what a vicious streak I have. Said to him, they tried to duck you in your deepest grief so I just fucked them three times harder.

He still lives there to this day, just him and his pets, minding their own business.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Omg I do this 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mate of mine inherited his parents house and the family behind started playing silly buggers - they went so far as to claim half the garden was theirs - mates parents bought the house new in the 60's, he was born and bred there. He had photo's etc so went through solicitors for adverse possession thing even though it was properly his.

26 months later I delivered a case of tins of cold custard in the form thusly....

Had HMRC, Border Force etc take a gander a the building company the husband owned and operated - employing illegals, cash in hand, etc - They actually found tit - so he lost the business.
Burner phone and started texting him and her, but jumbling messages up so she'd get messages from his bit of 'fluff' and he'd get messages from her gym monkey. Divorced each other as they were both jealous types.
Mortgage firm repo'd the house as they neglected simple bills with everything going on.

Both fucked off with nothing up country to different ends as far as we understand.

Mate still can't believe what a vicious streak I have. Said to him, they tried to duck you in your deepest grief so I just fucked them three times harder.

He still lives there to this day, just him and his pets, minding their own business.
Please be my friend. I need your help :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Well if I ever have a neighbour dispute, I know who to come to 👌🏾😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
An ex boyfriend had a vile ten year old son who used to stare me out like Damian in the Omen. Spoilt little brat so I poured bleach on his venus fly trap. Petty and childish I know but it was worth.it for the Augustus Gloop meltdown.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I’ve just had the snottiest email from a doctor at work asking me to check something for him. I was free at the time to do it, and I have time this afternoon, but now he’s gonna be waiting until 16:59 tomorrow for that attitude

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I’ve just had the snottiest email from a doctor at work asking me to check something for him. I was free at the time to do it, and I have time this afternoon, but now he’s gonna be waiting until 16:59 tomorrow for that attitude
This is how i prioritise my entire workload :LOL:

• Haha
Someone cut me up on a roundabout, then had a hissy fit and attack of road rage after I beeped at him
I got my mum (passenger) to jot down his number plate - his van had no tax or MOT. I reported him 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.