What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess it is not THAT petty but there is a family member of my husband who I really dislike. She is just a bit of a witch. I removed her from my IG. A few months later, she re-added me. So I accepted for a day and then deleted her again. I think she got the message as she hasn't tried to re-add me since.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve binned my ex husband’s tax renewal on his car & ripped his log book up for his car too, said would look for it but it’s down the local tip ooops, he wants get rid of his current car, serves him right for not changing his address!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve binned my ex husband’s tax renewal on his car & ripped his log book up for his car too, said would look for it but it’s down the local tip ooops, he wants get rid of his current car, serves him right for not changing his address!
agreed, i keep getting my ex's bills/ NHS things etc.. all just in the bin

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Years back I went on holiday with my then boyfriend (think iv mentioned him before on the ick thread- he used to take a tit with the door open 🤢🤢🤢🤢) anyway once we went to Turkey on our first holiday together,from day one I wanted to come back, but I kept with it. Anyway one day I'd had enough, all he wanted to do was stay in his room and watch football, so I had enough. I dumped him there and then on the spot. I got another room, took the documents out of the room safe (airline tickets included) I ripped up his ticket and slept with the fit entertainment guy (who I subsequently became really good friends with and remain so to this day!)
So the rest of the holiday I had a blast!!! I was gutted when he told the holiday rep I'd got the tickets but I denied all knowledge. He got on the flight in the end, luckily I'd befriended a girl at the hotel and she let me swap seats with her on the flight back. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Petty yes... but I felt so good!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Me and my mate needed another housemate in second year of uni, so this girl off my course said she'd take the extra room. She then decided to move her boyfriend in to our house, and let him live rent and bill free.
She started trying to impress this group of lads in uni by acting so weird and nasty to me, putting me down in front of them etc, but expected me and my mate to be all friendly with her in the house.

She used to sit us down and lecture us about the food we ate, knock on our bedroom doors to wake us up in the morning and she was just unbearable. Also used to come and beg for the furniture out of my room like she had some entitlement to it? She drove a crappy fiat 500 with broken doors and bumps all over it, but was convinced it'd be stolen from the drive so used to have a breakdown at me over not closing the ginormous 7ft high gates every time i came in or out. I just couldn't be arsed what an effort. She also never ever went on a night out, so why she wanted to live in a student house was beyond me, but if we were having predrinks she'd come down and have a go at us and say don't be late in like she was our mum.

It started when I got some communal fairy liquid for the flat as it was my turn, but got myself an extra one with E45 in because I have eczema on my hands. She took that personally and started refusing to buy fairy liquid, but she had her own stashed in her cupboard. When she left for the weekend we made a really slippery ice rink with her fairy liquid in the kitchen and skated on it.

Me and my mate went for a look in her room when shed gone one weekend and not only had she wrote my name on her whiteboard and called me a 'bleeping s-lag' which is hilarious, we also found post with my mates name on it OPENED in her room, so we emptied all her toiletries down the sink, dipped her cutlery and toothbrush in the loo. I also set her boyfriends stupid shoes on fire.

When she was moving out (earlier than us) she brought in loads of mud, threw it on the floors and laughed telling me i had to clean it all up now, and i said i absolutely will not be doing that and it can stay there. She then said no its not fair that my mate would have to do it and cleaned it all up herself before she left. Hahahahah how tit at being petty can you be.

When it came to leaving the place, there was some deposit charges for a broken door (which me and my friend accidentally broke) but as I was the lead tenant I was in charge of determining who got what % of deposit back, so she paid for that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Superglued the locks (they shut the shop for a whole day) on a bakery that accused me of stealing when I worked so bloody hard there because I gave wrong change (there were cameras above the till and I’m not a thief etc) and as my boyfriend at the time was black the boss said I gave the wrong change to the black customer on purpose. I was so poor I really needed the job aswell. I also told his wife on the way out about him disappearing for a good hour in the stockroom with one of the other staff!

also with another line manager I wiped myself when I went to the toilet and then wiped the tissue on the inside of his cup. He was a bully. When I complained to head office about him we had a meeting and he was using the cup after I had done itI don’t know how I kept a straight face.

I don’t feel bad lol

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I remember dropping my younger brothers ipod in a glass of water and stamping on his laptop because he invited his friends over when I was in my PJ's, I ended up paying for a brand new one for him and giving him my brand new laptop (His one was secondhand) That was so ruthless back in 2008 when I was 20 and living at home. I can't believe how nasty I was.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Superglued the locks (they shut the shop for a whole day) on a bakery that accused me of stealing when I worked so bloody hard there because I gave wrong change (there were cameras above the till and I’m not a thief etc) and as my boyfriend at the time was black the boss said I gave the wrong change to the black customer on purpose. I was so poor I really needed the job aswell. I also told his wife on the way out about him disappearing for a good hour in the stockroom with one of the other staff!

also with another line manager I wiped myself when I went to the toilet and then wiped the tissue on the inside of his cup. He was a bully. When I complained to head office about him we had a meeting and he was using the cup after I had done itI don’t know how I kept a straight face.

I don’t feel bad lol
wish i had done this!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Growing up sharing a room with a sister very close in age ( she is my best friend now) . I used to rip the last few pages out of the book she was reading when she done something to upset me 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Sorry, but that's not 'petty'. That's downright disgusting, not to mention dangerous.

Reactions: 26
I once shared a house with a girl who irritated me to high hell. She kept a parrot even though she wasn’t supposed to have any pets and would let it walk all over the kitchen work tops and scatter sunflower seeds and poo throughout the house. She never did any housework. Despite being a non smoking house she smoked in her bedroom which was opposite mine - it stank. She also used all my stuff without asking. Maybe you had to be there but after 3 months I’d had enough and moved out. I cleaned before I left. And when it got to cleaning the loo decided to use her toothbrush.
Yes it was petty. I was young. But she had it coming 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Growing up sharing a room with a sister very close in age ( she is my best friend now) . I used to rip the last few pages out of the book she was reading when she done something to upset me 😳
that is savage! did she realise it was you?

Reactions: 2
I was howling my head off at this thread with the debate about who stands or sits when pooing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, this was all when I was younger & lived at home with my mom and brother. Back in the day, we had one old pc in the living room, and we had to take it in turns to go on. Like he would go on for 1 hour, then me for the other. Anyway, he wouldnt come off when it was my turn. I asked and asked but he wouldnt come off and he's golden child so mom never said owt. So I turned the electric off and he thought we'd got no lecci so stomped off upstairs.

Another time, I had a bigger room than he did so I had a double bed and he never. It was probably moms old one to be honest. He used to love WWE and WWF and wrestle all over my bed and I hated it because I'd always use to make my bed really pretty and he'd come along and wrestle all my teddies and mess up my sheets. He'd fix it but it was never to my standards so I took his quilt off his bed and poured water over the bed. So even if he changed the sheets - the bed was still wet as it had soaked into the mattress :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
that is savage! did she realise it was you?
I know 😳 yeah she did, she would get to the end, realise and go absolutely crazy 🤣 I collected porcelain dolls, they where my pride and joy and she used to whack their heads off the wall 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know 😳 yeah she did, she would get to the end, realise and go absolutely crazy 🤣 I collected porcelain dolls, they where my pride and joy and she used to whack their heads off the wall 🤣🤣
children are just awful :ROFLMAO: I remember when I was a child my younger sister went to hospital for something or another and they gave her a certificate at the end, I was jealous and ripped it up. I denied it but my parents clearly knew it was me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
children are just awful :ROFLMAO: I remember when I was a child my younger sister went to hospital for something or another and they gave her a certificate at the end, I was jealous and ripped it up. I denied it but my parents clearly knew it was me :ROFLMAO:
Having siblings is serious character building man. I hated my brother growing up as he was the golden boy and could do no wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not as petty as some on here, I'm not even sure if it is petty BUT I hate the crows feet around my eyes and the fact my top lip disappears when I smile. I've wanted a bit of botox and like 0.5 - 1ml of lip filler and my husband has always said no (not like a no you aren't doing it kinda thing, more of a no you don't need that kinda thing) sooo my first ever botox is booked for early December.

Don't tell me what I can and can't do, because it'll make me want it more 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
These are petty things my parents did:

When I was a teenager and in a rude stroppy phase because I was too embarrassed to be seen in the car with my family, my dad drove around a roundabout three times and told me that if I continued ranting, he would continue to drive round the roundabout again 😂

When I was in art class at school, we were drawing outside and my parents were dropping my brother off after an appointment and they waved. I pretended I didn’t know them so my mum came over and kissed me in front of my class. I was mortified.

When my sister was rude to them as a teenager, my mum changed my sister’s desktop screen of her teenage crush to one of my parents 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.