What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went and collected a birthday gift for my little boy. Was completely against covid rules and the guilt I have for doing it is major. I worked my self into a stupor about going so I’m glad I’ve been and it’s all sorted.

Had a McDs to get over the stress 🤣 I went to Sainsbury’s and now I’m cleaning the house. Will have a pampering bath preparing myself for couch to 5k (3rd time lucky) tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Got up about 8am, coffee and cereal
5km run
Stretching and shower
Dried hair
Load of washing
Lunch
Had to pop out to buy hay
5km walk
Was freezing when I got home despite feeling find on the walk, so now lazing and tattling with the dog beside me, trying not to fall asleep

• Heart
Got up walked to marks and spencers got mum and dad loads of yellow sticker bargains chicken dinners lamb hot pots pizzas meat etc dropped them off at their gate. For some reason the route I picked to walk home seem to be pure ice and walked like bambi.

Got up walked to marks and spencers got mum and dad loads of yellow sticker bargains chicken dinners lamb hot pots pizzas meat etc dropped them off at their gate. For some reason the route I picked to walk home seem to be pure ice and walked like bambi.
Got home watched a film about a dog living different dog lives and cried my eyes out felt good to cry over something than my life. He came home moaning that he's been sent home from work no work on. He sat upstairs all mid afternoon now come down asking me whats for tea. So I've ordered on his card on just eat really expensive Chinese and I'm going to love every bite lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Had a lie-in this morning, woke at 6:30. Didn't bother with a run, couldn't be arsed
Had brekkie with parents, showered and dressed
Tattled, checked work email, Zoomed g/f
Got my PCT test results back - negative.
Checked with KLM that my flight was still on for tomorrow (lots of cancellations lately)
Found out that not only do I need to show a print out of my PCT test results to KLM bods, but also I have to have a "Negative Rapid Test" at the airport just before departure! Just another bit of stress to add to my journey!
Did some IT work, but heart really isn't it in.
Started some early packing
Had lunch (salad)
Desperate for a drink (has been 3 weeks since my last glass of wine)
Zoomed G/f again, and told her I should be back in England by Sunday. Although I won't be able to see her for a further 10 days due to having to SI.
Sent her a filthy and deplorable email involving what I would like us to do when I do finally meet up
Sad to be leaving parents and J'Burg 4 months earlier than expected - especially the gorgeous weather.
Feeling quite sexually aroused at the moment.
Counting the hours..........
.... Cooked a full English for parents and sister for dinner
Drove to J'Burg Central and Pretoria Central for one final look around
Showered, dressed down to dressing gown
Zoomed g/f and flicked beans
Had some apple crumble and cream
Its now 9pm and am now watching the X files in my bedroom
Early night methinks. Busy day tomorrow
night all x

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Had a crappy couple weeks due to lack of sleep I think. Let myself get too down so want to return to my usual bad witch self
Had a good day, baby slept till 7 again no night wakes. Still not getting too excited 🤪
Fella went to work, came back 2 hours later the job had been canceled due to weather
We had a coffee, watched teletubbies, put baby down for 2 hour nap. I did washing & tidied livingroom. Dunno why cos when baby woke up he just tear arses his way through it again
Fella went Asda, came back with a pigs in blanket bap for me 🥳 cheeky
Baby woke up, he had lunch, we played
I went for a nice bath. Felt relaxed
I haven't known my bra size since the baby. Just randomly bought a double d bra yesterday and it fit
I used to have tiny perky boobs. I miss them 🤣 just glad their not saggy
Went for a walk
Came back and had some chocolate waffles
Literally spent 1.5 hours chasing baby & playing peekaboo with the baby
Got him in the bath, in the night garden & now hes in bed!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Had a crappy couple weeks due to lack of sleep I think. Let myself get too down so want to return to my usual bad witch self
Had a good day, baby slept till 7 again no night wakes. Still not getting too excited 🤪
Fella went to work, came back 2 hours later the job had been canceled due to weather
We had a coffee, watched teletubbies, put baby down for 2 hour nap. I did washing & tidied livingroom. Dunno why cos when baby woke up he just tear arses his way through it again
I haven't known my bra size since the baby. Just randomly bought a double d bra yesterday and it fit
Went for a walk
i'm glad you're feeling better! ❤

• Heart
Went for a walk
Sorry.... all I read was perky boobs :LOL:

Glad you're feeling a bit more perky 💓

• Haha
  • Heart
Drove to see Husband’s children on their driveway (we stay in car they stand 2m away - they’re older so understand)
Drove 5 mins away to MILs and dropped her a couple of shopping items she had needed. She shuts her doors to her conservatory and we let ourselves in via the garden so we don’t have to stand in the cold, she stays in the main house with the doors closed and we sit in the conservatory like zoo animals but we can hear each other through the small windows at the top. She lives alone so could be our bubble but this is all she feels comfortable doing. It’s hard work though! Plus she hadn’t switched the heating on in the conservatory so I was frozen! We then drove home via our new property which is being built at the moment to check progress. Home, bubble bath, dinner in the oven and waiting to open a bottle of wine!

PS I thought this thread would be really dull but it’s actually interesting seeing how people are filling their days!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@SavvyBee I thought it'd be boring too, but I find it really nice to hear what everyone's been up to!

Today I had my second job interview at midday and at half 4 got a call to say I'd got it!!! I am over the moon having been unemployed since the first lockdown. Not only this but it's a job I am genuinely passionate about, my best friend has also just got a job there and it's an excellent pay rise. I'm still in shock. But very happy!

I also made some tomato and chilli soup for my lunch (it wasn't that good, 4 chillis is too much, even for me)
I did my first volunteer shift back at the RSPCA since Christmas, and met all the new cats who had arrived since I've been gone
I am going to have my favourite Aldi BBQ jackfruit pizza as a treat and watch more of The Night Manager then have a blueberry muffin and a cuppa before bed.

What a great day 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@SavvyBee I thought it'd be boring too, but I find it really nice to hear what everyone's been up to!

Today I had my second job interview at midday and at half 4 got a call to say I'd got it!!! I am over the moon having been unemployed since the first lockdown. Not only this but it's a job I am genuinely passionate about, my best friend has also just got a job there and it's an excellent pay rise. I'm still in shock. But very happy!

I also made some tomato and chilli soup for my lunch (it wasn't that good, 4 chillis is too much, even for me)
I did my first volunteer shift back at the RSPCA since Christmas, and met all the new cats who had arrived since I've been gone
I am going to have my favourite Aldi BBQ jackfruit pizza as a treat and watch more of The Night Manager then have a blueberry muffin and a cuppa before bed.

What a great day 🥰
Congratulations! Great news

Got up at 7.45, showered and got ready and had a cuppa while tattling. Got the kids up and started work. Blundered through work and home school then out to the park. Got upset with eldest when she broke a mug she’d made me for Mother’s Day about 5 years ago. Regrouped and had tea. Youngest is now watching Empire Strikes Back. I get about a thousand Star Wars questions a day.....

• Heart
Aaaaall the usual Friday stuff.

Work/home learning/food shop collection/stepchildren dropped off.

Also made some dough in the bread maker for pizza for tea. Had a quick go on the Ring Fit for the switch that I got for Christmas. Going to use it properly tomorrow. But son used it for his PE lesson today and has spent ages on it, he loves it! Good for when we’re not getting out much.

Tonight will be Taskmaster and reading, although to be honest I could fall asleep!

Woke up later than usual after going to bed around 2am last night for no good reason. Had a late breakfast and dealed with work. Hung out with my dad, we went on a walk together and had lunch at his place. Did some work there as I tucked into a piece of cake. Finally managed to sort out some dragging work stuff and managed to wrap things up before the weekend. I had been feeling really unmotivated and meh about work stuff but it feels nice to be on top of things again. Fell asleep there while watching the news, woke up and came back home with the leftover cake and pastries my dad insisted I took with me. Took a shower, had another snack, watched some TV and now I'm getting ready for bed. I'll make some Snore&Peace Infusion tea, spend some more time on my laptop and hopefully sleep well. I'm so happy that tomorrow is Saturday.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We're binge watching old 'Criminal Minds' episodes. I made some lunch and we were happily munching away when we discovered that the reason the murderer was cutting his victim's eyes out was so he could eat them. 😱 Then, just in case we couldn't imagine this, they showed the killer eating eyes. 😲They looked like hard boiled eggs and he'd cut one up and eaten half of it until we finally found the remote under one of our cats. I only just made it to the bin to spit my hard boiled egg and salad sandwich out. I haven't eaten anything else all day and will never, ever eat hard boiled eggs again. 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
got up around 8 and started working right away
worked until 12, got a lot of stuff done
tidied a bit and played a video game until 13
then went with bf for a walk and some grocery shopping
came back and had some brunch lunch creation
continued working a bit and now waiting for 6 pm client call
after that just relaxing finally on a nice friday evening
had a nap before my client call
the call itself went very well
had dinner afterwards and watched community on netflix
my cat joined me on the couch and put her little tooshie on me so we cuddled
now moved to bed browsing some online shops and playing with kitty

• Heart
Was having a good day until I came back from a walk this evening and middle daughter asked me to cut two inches off her really long hair. She's is now in her bedroom raging because I cut too much off. I cut exactly two inches off as requested but she's saying I don't know what an inch is. I had to remind her I got an A'level in maths and that I don't need someone who has never gone above a C in her school maths tests telling me that I don't know what an inch is.
Its so long I doubt anyone would notice its been cut plus its lockdown so no bugger is going to see it for the next three months 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Woke up.
Got ready for the day.
Tried starting coursework, got extremely tired so just lounged watching TV.
Managed to get one extension for one of my classes, made a tiny bit of a difference.
Dinner
Currently trying to do coursework to meet a Monday deadline but struggling massively to get through it. I have a Sunday 23.59 sort of deadline and 2 deadlines for Monday. The one I managed to get extended I have until Thursday.

• Heart
Woke up at 4:45am. went for a 21 mile run
Showered and dressed
had my final breakfast with parents while Tattling
Finished packing suitcases and checking, double checking and triple checking that I had my passport, plane tickets, PCR test results and other paperwork to hand.
Had a final swim in the pool, and then drove to J'Burg central for a few bits and bobs
Constantly checking flight status in case it's been cancelled
Zoomed g/f for 15 minutes
Lunch of a BLT and yogurt
Apprehensive, and constantly checking my watch......

Woke up at 7:30 to the kids whinging.
Husbands turn for a lie in so I made a big song and dance about getting up just so he didn’t sleep too soundly!
Made the kids breakfast and stuck CBeebies on
Sat and ignored them for 10 mins whilst trying to drink a hot brew!
Played with them for a bit then husband got up.
Started packing some bits as we’re moving into my in-laws tomorrow as having our bathroom ripped out and replaced
Gave up with packing and made the kids lunch and put the baby down for a nap
Let my little girl play on the iPad whilst I had some lunch and read a bit of my book
Sent husband to the shop for treats
Went for a shower and to wash my hair now dragging out drying it....going for a walk when I’m sorted and then tea, bath and bed for the kids.
Need to find a new series to watch finished you last night

Had a rubbish day yesterday. Very exhausted coming off of night shift, working on my own with agency cover due to staff shortages and one of my residents passed away during my shift (she was on end of life, it was expected). Just felt very sad and weary. I’d spent most of the night checking in on her despite being so busy and luckily I was with her when it happened so she wasn’t alone. 💔

So I slept a lot yesterday. Have been feeling very off lately (my period is quite a bit late but negative pregnancy tests), and I feel nauseous.

Didn’t sleep until 3am so got up at 10 this morning. Had a shower and washed my hair, put on fresh clothes and came downstairs. Feeling a little better since having had lunch with OH and kids. Watched some TV, Tattled, and now getting ready to drag them all out on a long walk (scooters for the kids) since it’s dry outside and the snow is gone. We need fresh air, feel like we’re always cooped up inside the house these days. 5yo is fuming because he wants to stay home on his Switch all day. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.