What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been out for a very cold walk and now I'm going to hide under a blanket for the rest of the day!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had to get out the house today and tomorrow are the last days before going back to 50plus hours work week. I dont know what's wrong with me this time of year i always get in a emotional mess about Christmas and can't wait for it to be over. And this year I feel its going to be worse. Work has been unbearable since reopening and hasn't been quite since so this year I going to be extra hard to keep it together. I hate phoning in sick and practically kill myself to do the hours and cope. Was abit happier when I had my stepdaughter but found it really hard to put on a brave happy face emotionally draining. I'm not happy doing anything. I've gone out without my bloody tissues crying my eyes out trying to avoid people

Reactions: 1
Hubby left yesterday for work trip, so moped about yesterday and had a lazy day with the kids.
Taken today to give the house a clear out and start painting our daughter's room while they're at school (with 'help' from the toddler). Went a lunchtime walk to feed the ducks with him and now he's napping so back to painting! Anything to shift my mind a bit! 🤪

Bit of a non-day. Woke up unusually late for me, felt a bit lost and behind work all morning, had a late breakfast which threw off my regular meal times. Devoured an unholy amount of macarons, felt a bit queasy, tried to fix a broken belonging and failed. I have a slight headache buidling so I'm drinking plenty of lemon-water and planning to have some cream cheese on toast before I take an ibuprofen and finish the day with watching some tv. Haven't moved around at all so I might do a barre class online from Kathryn Morgan's videos.

• Heart
No work today ☺ Woke up, took the kids to school, then popped to Tesco’s to get some bits missed from my online shop. After that I went to the post office and queued for AGES outside and it was really cold 🥶 on my way back I bumped into my brother and had a chat which was nice. Came home and watched a bit of tv in peace before picking the eldest up from school. Then off to pick the others up from their school. Now I’m procrastinating about making tea - I don’t like cooking 😫

Woke up at 6.30
Had a nice few hours with baby, lots of laughing
He had a nap - I did a 30 min workout 🥵 killed me off
When my fella woke up he knew I was upset last night and asked me if I wanted him to take the little one out for the day so I could get a break. I had terrible pnd at first when he was born so I have a hard time accepting I need a break. I said yeah go on then though because I had a nice morning with him and he was dead happy
So they went out, I put tea in, did some washing and tidying. Went for a nap 🤩🤩 caught up on some sleep. Woke up, had a brew and played on Tattle 😂
Went for a nice shower, enjoyed it as usually I have the little one in the doorway watching me 🤣
Now I'm in bed waiting for them to get back, playing on Tattle, yet again!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Woke at 5:30. Another 8 mile run in the freezing cold (not sure why I put myself through this)
showered, dressed. breakfast
voicemail to g/f, checked work emails (all 36 of them. Deep joy)
Tattled
IT work for 4-5 hours (ongoing)
lunch of a BLT
Tattled
received obscene text from g/f, ha!
Tattled a bit more
Ordered some stuff from Amazon, Etsy and Morrisons
Chased customers for outstanding unpaid invoices
Tattled even more
About to start home made spag bol
Will probably shower later, throw on bed shirt and dressing gown
watch some Boardwalk Empire later
Take book to bed
Done
(or that's the plan at least)

Bit of a lie in til husband had to get up to WFH at 9am.
Tidied up/hoovered/sorted recycling
Walked the dog
Had homemade soup for lunch
Went for 5km run
Showered
Unpacked Gousto delivery
Now cooking Gousto
Probs watch This Is Us tonight with hubs

Usual work for most of the day then went with my son to The Range and bought some tinsel, a gorgeous lamp filled with golden glitter which swirls around a little Santa and sleigh (like a snow globe), a couple more tree decorations and a candle arch. The tree was put up at the weekend so it’s looking very sparkly and festive.

Went on call for sickness at 7am.
Retrieved PE kits which were in the respective wardrobes the whole time,

Went to do a health assessment on a staff member then followed up a complaint with another.
Calculated some data to an organisation specified formula.

Online meeting x 2.
Did some stuff on sickness and safeguarding policies

Tidied the kids bedrooms, put a load of washing on and dried.
Bleached the back porch out and cleaned the litter tray in my "break."

Ate 3 crackers with low fat cheese spread on.
Final teams meeting until 5pm.

Went to Screwfix to collect a load of shite that husband had ordered during his night shift, which I'm not sure was worth town centre rush hour traffic.

Have just put school shirts from today in bleach in the sink

I need to chill out with all this excitement. 😂

• Haha
Slightly easier day today as Husband was off work so he did the morning vacuum through and has done both school runs for me.
Got little one ready for school, did wash and hung it to dry, cleaned litter tray. Got showered and dressed. Worked 0800-1700 with a quick stop for poached egg on toast and to clean the bathroom. Did homework with small child and then cooked supper

Woke up
Morning with baby
Tidied up during his nap
Went for an hour and a half long walk with him. He kept winding me up pulling his hat off every 2 mins, felt like i was gonna have a nervous breakdown
Waited for fella to get in and then we went to Asda
Put baby to bed
Waiting for tea, gonna have an early night

• Heart
Up at 5:30, on the road to Carlisle at 6
On customer site datacentre at 8 and sorted out some IT hardware issues & updated software
Did some shopping in Carlisle High Street before heading home around lunch time
Tattled for a short while
More IT work
Started online Citrix certification course
Showered at 4pm, but couldn't be bothered to get dressed or clean house
Fell asleep on sofa for about 30 minutes before Hermes man rang my bell
Tattled
Ordered Chinese
Brain fried
Struggling to stay awake but don't want to go to bed just yet :sleep:

Got laid off from work! Never mind, got a full week's pay coming on Thursday, then Monday and Tuesday's, plus three days of holiday pay next week, then another eleven days of holiday pay to come after that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Got laid off from work! Never mind, got a full week's pay coming on Thursday, then Monday and Tuesday's, plus three days of holiday pay next week, then another eleven days of holiday pay to come after that.
Sorry to hear that, hopefully something new and maybe better comes along.

• Heart
Usual morning routine, home from school run and hoovered upstairs. Brought a few Christmas presents downstairs to wrap at some point during the day.

Logged on for work and did about 3 hours of work. Then was waiting for people to come back to me, so I wrapped the presents.

Also watched HP and the Order of the Phoenix. I was never a fan growing up, but in the last couple of years my son’s got into it. We’ve been to the studios and he has a few bits of the Lego. I gave him a HP party last year for his 7th birthday and went all out, it was great fun. So I’ve been working my way through the films. He’s stopped at the fourth, won’t watch anymore as he says they get too scary! I’m quite enjoying them really, I’m hoping we’ll start the books together soon.

Cooked sausage and mash for tea tonight and now I'm “supervising my son in the shower” (hiding upstairs hoping my other half is gonna get off his arse and do the pots).

Might have a bath this evening and read some more of my kindle before I’m a Celeb.

up a 5am, went for a 10 mile run
showered, dressed, caught up on work emails
Tattled
Booked a Hollywood for next Tuesday
Breakfast
IT works for 6 hours
hoovered, cleaned windows
Reserved a Morrisons delivery slot for the 19th - dumped a shedload of stuff in my virtual basket
lunch
Tattled
Teamed g/f for half hour
Watched some Brassic
Tea - poached eggs on toast,
Watching Most Haunted while Tattling
Glass or two of white wine and a packet of Minstrels

Lots of work, and many, many loads of washing. Going to have a takeaway as feeling very exhausted!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.