What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Up, breakfast and was sat ready for son’s Zoom call at 9am. I’m pleased they’re doing these, he seems to love them and always comments on his class blog afterwards that he enjoyed them 💔

I logged on for work whilst he was doing that. Couldn’t get on. Turns out my laptop needs replacing as they’ve rolled out something or other new and mine now won’t support it 🙄 was on hold to IT for an hour to be told I would only have email access and nothing else. Once I’d finally got on it was straight into a team Zoom call and I was really mardy 🙈 probably could have cried to be honest, which seems pathetic now. But it just really annoyed me that it got to the stage where I literally cannot do anything and THEN they tell me.

Tried to do as much as possible which was tricky when you cannot get any of the info you need! Spent most of the time helping with school work instead. Had a book club call this afternoon which was nice.

Both finished for the day and put the Ring Fit on. I had a go and then little one took over so that’s our exercise for the day. He’s still playing and I’m going to prep tea soon. Homemade chicken goujons in wraps I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just finish work at 6 been a long slow day 😴 walking home going to pop in to marks and spencers for something nice for tea since its only me. Have not had the row of waking him up this morning when I got home which I'm dreading. He is apparently having tea with his ex and daughter and helping her with school work so hopefully I will be in bed when he gets home

• Heart
Reactions: 5
woke up around 7 with bf's alarm for work, but stayed in bed until 9 cuddling with the cat
during that time i was tattling and decided to take it easy today, so that's why i stayed in bed longer
had coffee and breakfast, spent some time journaling then did some work, emails, etc
got an offer to write someone's seminar for money, refused
went to visit my grandma and we had a deep conversation about life
at the same time it was depressing and comforting that she understood me
walked back home in the rain to clear my head and had another fag (had one yesterday), decided not to buy cigarettes anymore
came home and started prepping dinner, cutting veggies, etc, bf came home from work
a neighbourhood cat came over and ''talked'' to out cat for a bit, they just sit and meow at each other 😂
had dinner on the couch while watching netflix, now tattling and soon will watch a new tv show

• Heart
Still had a headache when I woke up this morning
Had a cuddle in bed with the baby then he head butted me by accident and felt like I was gonna die so we got up
I made a brew and some toast to try and shift the headache while he played
My fella woke up and just hasn't stopped moaning about his foot. Bossed me about all day 🤣
Did a BIG tidy and had a shower while baby napped. Purposely didn't walk past me fella cos I knew he'd ask me to do a million things
Made some cheese on toast for lunch
Me and the baby headed to the Asda when he woke up cos we needed loo roll
Was nice to get away from my boyfriend 🤣
We got back and I made a cuppa
Played with baby, gave him his tea, done some washing
Gave the baby a bath, got him fed and hes in bed already
Fajitas for tea 😝 my fave
Thought I was catching up on the soaps but the bloody match is on!! Booring

• Heart
Woke up 7
No running today, just spent an extra hour in bed Tattling and checking emails
Had breakfast with parents, all quite civilised compared to previous days
Got my PCR test results - negative. So am okay to fly out on Saturday via Air France!
Spent 30 minutes Zooming g/f. She is pushing for commitments from me when I return to England.
3 hours of IT work
1 hour studying Citrix course
had lunch and a dip in the pool.
The more I read about what is happening in England the more I miss it
Managed to sneak some alcohol from a friend from a friend from a friend. Helped keep me stable for awhile longer
Missing England, missing my friends over there, missing my g/f :cry:

• Heart
Just finish work at 6 been a long slow day 😴 walking home going to pop in to marks and spencers for something nice for tea since its only me. Have not had the row of waking him up this morning when I got home which I'm dreading. He is apparently having tea with his ex and daughter and helping her with school work so hopefully I will be in bed when he gets home
Hope you've treated yourself to something tasty <3

Reactions: 2
Woke up at half 5 even though my alarm wasn't set until 6.30
As I'd woken up super early I decided to get an hour of study in before I needed to get ready for work so made a start on my essay which is due in 2 weeks.
Had a bath and got ready for work.
Left the house at 7.45 and arrived at work at around 8.10. I don't start until 9 but I'd agreed to come in early to let the boiler men in as we're having our office boiler serviced. They never showed up so I called them at 9 and they "forgot to call us yesterday to tell us they won't be able to come til afternoon". As you can imagine I was annoyed I'd come in early for nothing.
Had a vegan sausage roll from Greggs for lunch.
Now counting down the minutes until 5pm.
Quorn meatballs and tagliatelle for dinner, then I plan on watching Hollyoaks, maybe have a bath with a bath bomb and carry on with my essay :love:

Im always awake at 530 when my fella wakes for work . . He does bring me breakfast in bed at about 630 so I dont complain and I usually drop back off for a really good sleep once he leaves ( anyone else having trouble staying asleep throughout the night?)
Got up at 9 . .
Walked my 2 dogs.
Popped into my fellas workplace to help pack and ship some parcels as they are short staffed as someone is isolating due to covid.
Did a bit of cleaning there . .
Home for cuddles with the dogs and that couple of hours quiz shows on tv.
Ive a feeling fella is gonna suggest a curry take out . . Im going to barter for a chinese instead!

The usual school work/work for me today. Laptop not sorted yet so again, just doing the best I can.

Both managed to get finished by 2.30, so got wrapped up warm to go for a walk. Our town has a castle and a river, so we walked along there and took some photos. River level is very high due to all of the rain and had risen onto the paths. Were out for about 1.5 hours so it was really nice.

Home for hot chocolate and then having potato skins for tea.

I think I mentioned I’d bought some secondhand Jacqueline Wilson books at the weekend. I read Girls in Love last night. Only took me about 1h30 and transported me back to my childhood days! I wonder how much I actually understood, can’t imagine my 12yo stepdaughter reading them 🙈 but I guess they are for her age group!

Might try and read another this evening instead of watching TV as we’re getting into the habit of staying up til gone midnight and then don’t want to get up in the mornings 🥱

I was up last night doing coursework as I had a crazy energy burst.
Had a call with my tutor at 10.15 this morning so i had a lie in until 9.45.
Call was very quick, I'm on track for the class and the tutor will email me with whatever evidence I need to send.
Had a lie about in bed until about midday, watching TV and reading online forums.
Got up and got ready for the day. There's nothing nicer than getting up, getting a shower, then climbing right back into pyjamas.
Worked on some journaling while watching Q&As.
Dinner
Currently sitting at my desk just internetting and talking with friends.

Reactions: 1
woke up at 6 with bf's alarm for work
stayed in bed and fell asleep again at 7
lately haven't been sleeping at night
got out of bed at 9, got ready for the day
didn't have time to wash my hair
that annoyed me the whole day :(
went to a meeting from 10:30 until 13:30
went back home to pick up something
went to a friend's place for a coffee and chat
bf picked me up when he was done with work
came home together and ordered pizza
put on a tv show and been watching since

• Heart
Not a lot, all the days are morphing into one!

Fella still doing my nut in with his broken ankle

Managed to get out for a walk. Was gonna make sausage casserole but I had no SAUSAGES??? Wtf don't know how I managed to miss the main ingredient. Anyway, I went for a walk with the baba and nipped into Asda. I got 2 pizzas for tea from the pizza counter. Then I went to get a crusty baguette from the bakery bit and the bleeping baguette dropped onto the floor out of the pack. Everyone just stared at me it was soooo awkward haha so I had to awkwardly pick up this baguette I accidentally lobbed on the floor

Went home, coffee and played with the baba before his tea & bath. He's in bed now and the pizzas are in the oven

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got up at 8.30 and I notice my curtain pole was half hanging off, god knows how that happened during the night! Also got a text to say my Covid test was negative 🥳
Showered/had breakfast
Got a Zoom meeting at 12 then I need to attempt to put the curtain pole back up :rolleyes: Might be able to do some work later!

• Heart
Had an extra hour in bed, got up at 7, went for a run, but tripped over a pothole after about 2 miles, and had to hobble back home.
Packed foot in ice, which helped. Absolutely no chance of seeing a doctor or A&E here in Johannesburg, for obvious reasons.
Did some packing (again), and checked with my airline, airport and UK government website, that I have, or will need to have, all the appropriate paperwork for tomorrow night's flight from J'burg to London Heathrow via Paris. Hopefully there won't a repeat of last Saturday's fiasco when my flight was cancelled at the last minute by KLM!

Did some IT Work and Course studies, but I wasn't fully engaged. My mother keeps on banging on to me about making out a will in case I die either from Covid or from a terrible plane crash tomorrow (Nice!)

Had a BLT with Cajun Chicken for lunch. Currently watching The X-Files and just counting the hours!

• Heart
Not a lot so far....

got up tattled for a bit then got showered and dressed
popped out to run some errands
came back made brunch which was a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea.
Now Im back on tattle before I clean the kitchen.

Could not get out of bed until 10am, the motivation I have to be a functioning person is decreasing by the minute. I don't have much work to do today, I just had a call and and some emails in the morning and I need to write a short brief before 6pm but that's pretty much non-work. Tattled and wasted time on the interned pretty much the entire day so far. Having a coffee now and I'll probably go on a walk because I've been sedantary all week apart from short walks. I also want to buy crisps for a treat this evening but I know that if I start eating them, I'll want more. I just have this urge to make impulse purchases which I guess boils down to boredom and cabin fever. Desperately need to dust my bedroom but I've been staring at the hideous shelves for 10 days without lifting a finger. Please someone send some willpower to get my to-do list done today. *lies down to groan*

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Could not get out of bed until 10am, the motivation I have to be a functioning person is decreasing by the minute. I don't have much work to do today, I just had a call and and some emails in the morning and I need to write a short brief before 6pm but that's pretty much non-work. Tattled and wasted time on the interned pretty much the entire day so far. Having a coffee now and I'll probably go on a walk because I've been sedantary all week apart from short walks. I also want to buy crisps for a treat this evening but I know that if I start eating them, I'll want more. I just have this urge to make impulse purchases which I guess boils down to boredom and cabin fever. Desperately need to dust my bedroom but I've been staring at the hideous shelves for 10 days without lifting a finger. Please someone send some willpower to get my to-do list done today. *lies down to groan*
Well I could give you a fluffy and all things nice bit of support and say "You can do it! Just get up and get it done, and its done. And then you can sit back and relax for the rest of the weekend. Sending lots of love and hugs!"

OR

"Get your arse in gear you mardy cow! Keep off the crisps as well. Come on, pull your bleedin' finger out, and I expect to see an update by close of play today! Now move it!!

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I appreciate the first but probably need the second 😂 😂 Getting off my arse to go on a walk now and will getdusting done when I'm back, fingers crossed!

Much of the same here, set up home schooling, tried to assist with year 8 maths and failed
Fed up of constantly making breakfast, lunch dinner and repeat requests for snacks and drinks.
Have done piles of washing which is out on the line , it’s cold but bright and very windy today.
Ordered some decorating supplies as I’m going to paint the living room in half term.
Looked for some decent chocolate in the cupboard, none to be found.
Will be called on to make lunch in a minute 🙄
This week has been the hardest so far and no end in sight.
@Mulholland Drive , fingers crossed for tomorrow for you that all goes to plan and you can get back to the UK.

Much of the same here, set up home schooling, tried to assist with year 8 maths and failed
Fed up of constantly making breakfast, lunch dinner and repeat requests for snacks and drinks.
Have done piles of washing which is out on the line , it’s cold but bright and very windy today.
Ordered some decorating supplies as I’m going to paint the living room in half term.
Looked for some decent chocolate in the cupboard, none to be found.
Will be called on to make lunch in a minute 🙄
This week has been the hardest so far and no end in sight.
@Mulholland Drive , fingers crossed for tomorrow for you that all goes to plan and you can get back to the UK.
I completely feel the same. I know I am so lucky to have a job and be safe but, for the love of God, how much longer will this go on????

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.