What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Breakfast , tattle , mumsnet , lunch , tattle, Instagram , mumsnet , dinner , now in bed relaxing and tattling ,might head over to mumsnet , yknow for a change

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Woke up rested and on time for once, it hasn't been happening in ages. Had breakfast; got some work done and sorted out some emails.
Listened to my audiobook and killed time until I had to leave home to run some errands.
Went to the bank, stopped by the office to sort some things out.
Went to the supermarket to get some bits and bobs, nothing too necessary but I felt like a grocery splurge. Walked everywhere today and all the walking in the cold did me good, it was well under 0 degrees today but I don't mind.
Came back home, had a fish sandwich and coleslaw for lunch. Got more work done, finished my audiobook, took a nap (joys of being able to work from home). Ignored all the things I should do (emptying the dishwasher, laundry, hoovering etc.), had a snack of cheese and rye crackers instead.
Then I went ahead and had another sandwich which didn't agree with me at all, so I've spent all evening with a stomach ache.
Watched some tv and tattled. Did my skincare for once.
Going to have an early night and start my new audiobook, which I seem to prefer for bedtime "reading".

Reactions: 3
Woke at 6, didn't bother with a run
Had an argument with my mother, and not for the first time either
Didn't bother with breakfast
Fancied a trip to Durban, but seems only essential/business flights from Johannesburg are allowed. And its 5 hours drive, so knocked that on the head.
Spent some time on the patio contemplating things
Had lunch, but didn't eat all of my salad
Another shouting match with my mother
Finding it hard to focus today, and its only just 2:15pm
Sorry to hear it’s all a bit unsettled for you, have you been able to reschedule your flight?

Had a bit more energy today so got up at 8.30, showered and did some PhD chapter writing.
Stopped at lunchtime to put a chicken casserole in slow cooker.
Did some more work, walked to postbox to post my Covid test.
Had tea, now watching tv and tattling. Will go for a shower soon and do skincare, then watch the last few episodes of gossip girl.

Up, showered, set up home schooling .
Took my dad to a hospital appointment, waited two hours in the car whilst he was inside. Dropped him home.
Came home , husband had already made lunch
Submitted my daughters grade 4 piano exam on line
Did Some household jobs
Made tea and tidied up.
Sat on my backside on tattle 😊

Sorry to hear it’s all a bit unsettled for you, have you been able to reschedule your flight?
I have a flight booked for next Saturday with Air France to London. I hope it doesn't get cancelled like last Saturday with KLM, my mother is doing my head in:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a flight booked for next Saturday with Air France to London. I hope it doesn't get cancelled like last Saturday with KLM, my mother is doing my head in:rolleyes:
Fingers crossed it will happen for you. Living with our parents, once we are used to not living with them, is extremely difficult.

Reactions: 1
Had a headache all day but we move
Halfway through the morning me fella rings me saying he's broke his ankle at work. Great 😂
He hobbles in at about 11.30 after being at the hospital for an hour
Baby had a 2 hour nap so I started tea and tidied up. Had a shower
We had lunch and played most the day. Facetimed mil as it is her bday today
Shined my sink and I felt like Mrs hinch
Still got a headache, wanna go to bed but ive had chilli in the slow cooker all day for wraps and I really wanna eat it 😑

Haven't had a drink for a few days so felt more energized this morning. Up and properly ready for work by 9. Tackled work and home school multiplication (there are 4 DIFFERENT METHODS these days) then gave up. Watched an episode of This is Us then back to work. Had a bolognaise in the slow cooker for tea. Went to Tesco in a torrential downpour, now relax.

Reactions: 2
Halfway through the morning me fella rings me saying he's broke his ankle at work. Great 😂
Still got a headache, wanna go to bed but ive had chilli in the slow cooker all day for wraps and I really wanna eat it 😑
I've gone to bed 🤣 I've froze the chilli 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Decided after over a decade of living at the same property to remove all the grass from my large garden, bought meadow seeds and with only myself and a pitchfork I've calculated it'll be done by end of spring if I do a few square metres a day. Can't wait to see it. Never done this before so fingers crossed grass don't grow back 🤞

Oh no! Is it actually broken? 😬

Woke at 7:30 and had a shower
Got son dressed
Picked up MIL to drive her to a hospital appointment.
Worked for the rest of the morning.
Homeschool. Ended in tears. He actually said you’re making me cry shouting at me 😳 Guess I’m not cut out to be a teacher.
picked up MIL and drove her home whilst listening to her babble on.
More home school. I didn’t make him cry this time.
Made salmon veg and potato’s for dinner.
Carried on working until 10pm 😴
Tattle and getting ready for bed.

• Heart
Up at 06:00, 8 and 12 year old grandchildren dropped of 06:30 (parents both front liners), so fed and watered them, home schooling , then cooked lunch, extra hour 'home schooling from me' (Maps of UK Roman Forts) then ham radio for me and grandson (he got his ticket last year) and spoke to a radio ham sailing off the coast of Iceland ( grandson loved speaking to him) while granddaughter watched 'Horrible Histories' on a laptop...overall a really good day :)

PS, baked cakes with granddaughter late afternoon.

Sat around waiting for first shift back at work worked 4pm till 12.30am. Got given q lift home bonus no taxi fare to fork out. But work person had the noisiest car and its his turn to sleep in front bedroom with the bay window so I got in brush my teeth at kitchen sink creept upstairs had a pee heard him pick his phone up and say for duck sake. Trying to sleep back in a 9 in morning and I have to get up at 7. But I know he will be arguing with me tomorrow being 40minutes late home suppost to finish at 12.

Oh no! Is it actually broken? 😬
Yeah! He has been helping his friend with his gardening business while his pub is closed
So he jumped out of the work van and smacked his foot against the kurb! The bone was popped out 🤮

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Woke up at 4:30am, thanks to my dad who said the air con system in the house had packed up, and would I know how to fix it!!!??
It's not even my house, but after a glance at the online instructions/problem solving, I managed to get it back up and running. Dad said thanks, but mother didn't say anything :mad:

Went out for a run. It was just going to be a boring 10 miler, but the more I thought about sharing the same roof with my mother the more annoyed I became, and ended up just shy of 18 miles.

Had a shower, but didn't change into my usual clothes. Instead I put on my thin dressing gown, and kept a hand towel wrapped round my wet head of hair before sitting down to breakfast with M&D (just to wind my mother up!)

As expected my mother kicked off about my attire, and another argument ensued, with dad just keeping his head down :LOL:

Flounced into bedroom with lots of faux drama; got dressed and drove out to Pretoria for my 2nd PCR test in 7 days. Should get the results within 48 hours.

Drove to Rustenburg and spent a couple of hours at the Kgaswane Nature Reserve, just to clear my head before returning to Roodepoort.

Didn't bother with lunch, but focusing on some IT work, while Teaming G/f

Counting the days!

Reactions: 1
Woke up at 4:30am, thanks to my dad who said the air con system in the house had packed up, and would I know how to fix it!!!??
It's not even my house, but after a glance at the online instructions/problem solving, I managed to get it back up and running. Dad said thanks, but mother didn't say anything :mad:

Went out for a run. It was just going to be a boring 10 miler, but the more I thought about sharing the same roof with my mother the more annoyed I became, and ended up just shy of 18 miles.

Had a shower, but didn't change into my usual clothes. Instead I put on my thin dressing gown, and kept a hand towel wrapped round my wet head of hair before sitting down to breakfast with M&D (just to wind my mother up!)

As expected my mother kicked off about my attire, and another argument ensued, with dad just keeping his head down :LOL:

Flounced into bedroom with lots of faux drama; got dressed and drove out to Pretoria for my 2nd PCR test in 7 days. Should get the results within 48 hours.

Drove to Rustenburg and spent a couple of hours at the Kgaswane Nature Reserve, just to clear my head before returning to Roodepoort.

Didn't bother with lunch, but focusing on some IT work, while Teaming G/f

Counting the days!
You've done well to last this long. My parents would wreck me so much. My Mum was on the phone last night complaining that she has to drive a whole 4 miles for her vaccine. I snapped and told her to be grateful she has a free vaccine at all. I really hope I'm not like that when I'm older.

• Haha
Finished 3rd nightshift in a row.
Came home, washed and changed into fresh pjs. Put uniform in wash and sat with kids while they ate breakfast, chatting to them.
Helped 5yo do some home learning activities, then OH took over so I went to sit with 3yo who was watching CBeebies. Cuddled up with him on the couch, smelling his freshly washed hair, feeling very comfy and must’ve fell asleep because I woke up to OH complaining that my tea had gone cold - wasn’t even aware he’d made me a cup. 😳
Upstairs now and I’m wide awake for some bloody reason. Just can’t switch off.
No work until the weekend now, will try to nap soon and have a proper sleep tonight.

• Heart
Got up and browsed on tattle while I had a cuppa
put away the dry clothes
did some emails
got showered and dressed then went to do a few errands
came home decided I need some food so went to Sainsburys
came back washed dishes had a snack and now Im on here again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.