What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby had a bad night... again...
To be fair he slept right till exactly 3 on the dot again and woke up screaming. My fella surprisingly made it to bed last night but didn't manage to wake up the baby crying 🙄 so on me again. Couldn't even be bothered asking for his help so I took the baby to the livingroom and tried to calm him down. He calmed down but he was wide awake, we lay on the couch and watched Hey Duggee. I must know every episode word for word badge for badge by now. Anyway he doesnt fall asleep. Did him a bottle after an hour and he still didn't fall asleep. Got a cob on and went and woke me fella up. He was all 'im up for work in 2 hours!' My heart bleeds for you mate. He got the baby to sleep in about 5 mins. It was now 4.55am by the time I got back in bed. Fellas alarm went off so I kicked him and he got up 😂 i fell straight back asleep kind of remember him saying bye. Baby didn't wake up til 8am, lovely
Went on 2 walks. One just us 2 and one with my fella cos he came back from work early. Theres 5 of us in my family fitbit challenge and im second to last 🥺 grim
Had tea and tattled a bit while my fella watched the match. I've took myself off to bed now just in case I get another 3am wake up call 🥱🥱
Any tips on how to get my baby to sleep through hit me up 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
First day back at work (the dining table) and first day of home school (this year) for us today! Therefore wanted to be really organised. I work in school transport and had to sort transport for tomorrow for those that will still be going in.

Woke up, cuppa in bed and got up at 8ish. Got son up and both had breakfast. Was sat at the table for 9am to get him started off with school work. I’d written him a to do list as I want him to be a bit more self sufficient this time round. I logged on for work and we both did work until 12.30ish.

He was really good actually. I had a Teams meeting and had already told him that if I was busy and he needed help, he could do a wordsearch or look through a book for a little while, so he did that.

Made us both some dinner and he had some TV time while I carried on working. Got him back to the table just as I was finishing to help him do his final bit.

I don’t want to speak too soon, but I think our first day went quite well! There was just enough to keep him going while I worked, without me feeling guilty that I couldn’t help him constantly or he was speeding through it and then on the iPad for hours like it sometimes felt last year!

We both finished by 3.30ish, went to the shop for some milk and then came back and played on the switch. OH came back a bit earlier, so we had an early tea and then played together on the switch again.

Gave little one a shower and got him into bed, then I’ve done the online food shop tonight whilst watching Corrie. Gonna do a bit of reading in a bit and then watch an episode of Taskmaster before sleep.

• Heart
i'm sure she will! ❤

crawled out of bed at 8 and was making an excel table for work until 9:30
then made coffee and breakfast and woke up bf
played with the cat a bit, she was very chatty this morning
continued working and then got ready to go to my parents place
today is a holiday so we had a family lunch
after that went grocery shopping
came home and collapsed on the couch
lying in pain now due to the longest period ever
will probably just have some soup for dinner and watch movies
would just like to add to this that i played with my kitty who jumped on my laptop and switched on flight mode
so i've spent the last half hour or so trying to figure out what's wrong with my internet until i noticed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Up at 6am, breakfast, showers, dogs sorted. Left house at 7am took hubby to work from there drove to my work (took 2 hrs total - traffic shocking considering lockdown / road works).
work, then drove to back to hubbys work to pick him up and drove home via McDonald’s.
Another shower. Dogs walked, had a nice chat with a fellow dog Walker, her dog died last year and today she had a puppy 🐶. Sat on the settee with my work laptop writing up today, emails etc before I forget. Off to bed now to repeat tomorrow.

• Heart
Up at 7am, cuppa in bed
Cleaned the bathroom
Breakfast
Went to a funeral
Had KFC for lunch on the way home
Made a salad
Prepared dinner
Changed the bed
Sorted some drawers out
Hoovered the house
Posted a card
Painted my nails
Walked the dogs

Baby had a bad night... again...
To be fair he slept right till exactly 3 on the dot again and woke up screaming. My fella surprisingly made it to bed last night but didn't manage to wake up the baby crying 🙄 so on me again. Couldn't even be bothered asking for his help so I took the baby to the livingroom and tried to calm him down. He calmed down but he was wide awake, we lay on the couch and watched Hey Duggee. I must know every episode word for word badge for badge by now. Anyway he doesnt fall asleep. Did him a bottle after an hour and he still didn't fall asleep. Got a cob on and went and woke me fella up. He was all 'im up for work in 2 hours!' My heart bleeds for you mate. He got the baby to sleep in about 5 mins. It was now 4.55am by the time I got back in bed. Fellas alarm went off so I kicked him and he got up 😂 i fell straight back asleep kind of remember him saying bye. Baby didn't wake up til 8am, lovely
Went on 2 walks. One just us 2 and one with my fella cos he came back from work early. Theres 5 of us in my family fitbit challenge and im second to last 🥺 grim
Had tea and tattled a bit while my fella watched the match. I've took myself off to bed now just in case I get another 3am wake up call 🥱🥱
Any tips on how to get my baby to sleep through hit me up 🙋🏻‍♀️
This is coming from a childless bish so feel free to ignore my very naive advice but I've heard "the pause" method, as a long term solution, from fellow parents? Like giving the baby a couple of minutes to sooth themselves before you go and check them. Apparently they eventually learn to go back to sleep but the habit of interruption means they get used to being put back to sleep by parents and it takes longer to get used to that. (If there are any parents LOLing at me, fair enough 😂 Just repeating what I've heard. x)

Got up more or less on time but felt very down for a few days now so really took my time getting out of bed. Made myself a toastie breakfast and did some work while checking tattle. Arm and wrist still hurts and today my calf was screaming at me too so that was some extra fun to work my way around. I think I've injured something without realising and I feel really whiny and weepy about it. Talked to a medical professional friend a bit about my anxiety around some dodgy stuff going on in my body, got some semi-soothing advice but I don't think I'll know rest until I actually get to the doctor's office and see what's up, which is next week. Had a leftover lunch, did some writing and tidying and more work. Went for a half an hour walk around the block and came back to have soup for dinner. Now catching up with news and watching the shitshow in the US on TV. I'll make herbal tea and hopefully calm down a bit before going to bed.

Last edited:
This is coming from a childless bish so feel free to ignore my very naive advice but I've heard "the pause" method, as a long term solution, from fellow parents? Like giving the baby a couple of minutes to sooth themselves before you go and check them. Apparently they eventually learn to go back to sleep but the habit of interruption means they get used to being put back to sleep by parents and it takes longer to get used to that. (If there are any parents LOLing at me, fair enough 😂 Just repeating what I've heard. x)
I wish it worked for us! To be fair thst does work a lot of the time when he just wakes up and had a fidget he will settle himself back off, but the last few nights he's been full blown tears 🥴 last night he was better to be fair! Hopefully it's just a phase, thank you though 🥰

• Heart
I wish it worked for us! To be fair thst does work a lot of the time when he just wakes up and had a fidget he will settle himself back off, but the last few nights he's been full blown tears 🥴 last night he was better to be fair! Hopefully it's just a phase, thank you though 🥰
Hang in there, most things sort themselves out one way or another! Good luck, hopefully it won't last long 💗

• Heart
Made breakfast
virtual school for 2
made snack
did 2 loads of laundry ( wash/ dry - not going to talk about folding and putting away today )
small grocery order
Did dishes
put out recycling
watched judge judy

Left bed at 8:50
Yoghurt, fruit and coffee for breakfast at my desk to start work at 9
In my first call of the day someone started a politics chat, always a terrible idea - I didn't need to know that Sally from accounts is a Trump supporter, thank you
Watched some Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 at lunch. Considered going out for my walk then but decided on a longer one this evening
Worked in the afternoon til 6, did three loads of laundry during
Just had quorn fish & chips for dinner, chatted to my parents, set up my mum's new computer for her
Now for a walk & audiobook (Home Fire), then maybe a bath

Up at 8ish, breakfast and dressed ready for work and school learning.

Much quieter today with work, phone didn’t ring once. Son did really well with his home schooling again and got a shout out on his class blog so I’m really proud of him and hope it gives him motivation to keep going.

We did some more of the puzzle we started the other day and watched the David Attenborough programme about volcanoes. Then we played more on the switch, can you tell we’re addicted at the moment? 😂

Let him play on the iPad for a bit and I sat in quiet and enjoyed some peace. I love him dearly but wow, the boy can talk 😂

OH got home and I made us tea. Then we had another switch tournament. I’m feeling really tired, might just slob on the sofa and watch tv. I’m saying that like I don’t do that every night anyway 🙄😂

got up around 8:30, showered, washed hair, dried hair
had breakfast and coffee and got ready
left for work around 10:30, worked until 17:00-ish
then went straight to my grandma's to put away her christmas tree and decorations and hang a picture on the wall
walked home and had dinner
watched 3 episodes of poirot
now in bed putting a face cream on, drinking a cup of tea and playing with my cat

• Heart
I can't even remember yesterday took me a while to remember what I'd done
Baby had slept better - my fellas work got cancelled because of the weather. He left and reappeared which was a nice surprise
The baby has been having us up the wall, he's deffo in a fussy phase. Tantrums galore
We went for a long walk and basically just spent the entire day entertaining the baby making sure he doesn't have a meltdown

I've cried twice so far today 😂 I need a long sleep

• Heart
  • Sad
Up, breakfast, few jobs done, ready for school work and my work.

Sacked off the school PE recommendation which was PE with Joe 😬 only thing about that was it meant he only had Maths and English. Another subject usually buys me an hour or so of keeping him busy! We did a bit of drawing instead.

Other half finishes early on a Friday so we were all done by 3ish. Had a couple of switch games and then went to pick up the food shop. Came back and had tea and a bit of a square up.

Emailed our wedding venue about our April wedding earlier, so going to be on edge waiting to hear from them.

Stepchildren have just been dropped off. Will get kids to bed soon and then we’re going to watch Big Fat Quiz.

Had a much better day today after my 2 crying spells this morning 😂 think it was just lack of sleep and stress after a hard week of a crazy baby
Fellas work got cancelled again today because of the snow and ice. First time it's snowed here 😊
We went for a walk, mr watermelon sugar picked up our click & collect from Asda and me and baby went for a walk round the area while we waited for him.
We got back and had a lazy day lots of playing. Im tired, bed soon 😴😴😴

Did some work from home while watching it snow outside.
Took Tesco delivery & put it all away.
Made tea (chickpea, sweet potato and spinach curry - delicious!)
Tidied up and now I’m in bed with white chocolate Lindt balls deciding on a film to watch 😋

Reactions: 2
up around 8:30, had breakfast and coffee
did the bare minimum to get ready and got started with work as a lot was waiting for me
worked until about 1:30 pm and then had lunch
after lunch watched an episode of modern family
got ready and went to my boss's place around 3
stayed there until 8 working
came back and bf made dinner
we watched some poirot and i almost fell asleep on the couch
an exhausting working week behind me
now in bed being pampered by both my bf and cat
he is making me a tea while she's cuddling with my foot 😄

Reactions: 2
slept in today, didn't set an alarm to finally get some rest, so woke up around 10
moped around the bed and played with the cat until i finally got up and had breakfast at 11
had coffee and convinced bf to go for a walk before the rain starts
we went for a walk which turned into a little hike and talked about how we would flip and renovate houses 😂
came home and played some videogames, started arguing about who's better so we stopped 😂
i watched some youtube and then got up to tidy the place a bit and prepare the kitchen for cooking later
now tattling while having a cup of tea and soon i'll start on dinner
probably watching a movie tonight

Had a lie in, got up and straightened my hair as it always makes me feel so much better.

OH made us bacon muffins.

Played a couple of games with the kids - Herd Mentality and In For a Penny. Both good games but there’s always an argument 😂

Put my bread maker on to make a dough, ready for dough balls tonight. Having them with pizza and pasta bolognese. Wish I had some wine in!

Had a bit of a square up, did some more of the puzzle. Brother in law and family stopped at ours as they were on a bike ride and needed tyres pumping up, so it was nice to talk to them and see different faces.

Just googled some wedding registry offices as we’re now hoping to cancel ours and do a small thing. Made me feel a bit sad though so I stopped.

Gonna do tea, then Saturday night is always family night so we’ll watch Catchphrase and The Masked Singer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.