What have you done today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got up, washed, dressed, straight on the puter again, it's only just past mid-day and we have had the first post of the year arrive and yes we got some xmas cards. My cable I ordered arrived and so did my TAX BILL, I am so delighted, at least I know where I stand on payments. Rest of the day, doing bugger all.

Reactions: 1
got up at 7:30 this morning, quite a success
tidied the house, loaded the dishwasher, put away the laundry
showered, washed hair, dried hair, fixed nailpolish
had breakfast and coffee and got ready for work
did a little bit of work from home and then went to the office
worked there until about 2, then came home
bf made lunch so we had that together
watched a movie after lunch and i had a short nap
in a few minutes i have a zoom meeting with a client
after that my sister is coming over to make dinner for her bday
her bf and best friend are coming over and we're having dinner together
then some drinks and hopefully i don't get as drunk as nye :unsure:

• Heart
Today was son’s turn to wake me up - 6am this morning. Told him that he wouldn’t be going to school today, or at all until at least Feb half term. He was very happy. Until I told him he did still have to do work and then he told me I’d ruined his happiness 😂

Had a cuddle in bed for a bit with a cuppa. Got up just after 7ish. Other half working from home today so he stayed with son and I got ready to take car for an MOT. Had a two hour wait and it’s not near home, so I walked about 4 miles altogether whilst waiting. Bloody failed didn’t it? 🙄 annoying.

Got home mid morning and had a coffee to warm up. Made us some dinner. Went upstairs with son and told him to choose something from his Christmas pile. He chose an 1000 piece Lego puzzle. Winning, I love puzzles 😍 so we did some of that together and listened to music. He got bored so watched some TV. Then we played with story cubes for a bit.

Was nice to have a chilled afternoon before the work/homeschool chaos starts tomorrow.

Having fajitas for tea and then gonna have a bath and book read tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Woke up at 5 am with a wrist that hurt like tit for some reason and spent time on the phone for another good hour before getting up and having a big breakfast. Faffed around until 9 and then did some work until lunch while also watching daytime TV. Had lunch, changed the bedding and took a hot shower to finally feel like a semi-functioning human after days of doing barely anything. Afternoon consisted of tattling here and there, trying not to overthing some health concerns and putting the clean laundry away. Had an early dinner/tea around 4.30pm and lied down for a bit to rest my back from hunching over the laptop all day - ended up dozing off and sleeping like a log for almost two hours. I blame the rain and the new blanket my mother gifted me for Xmas. It's so cosy and warm and makes you want to sleep 24/7. Now I'm up and back on tattle. I want to do a hundred things but just don't have the energy to lift a finger and I really don't want to talk to a doctor or visit a hospital at all but seems like I'll maybe need to. Wrist still hurts and my head feels like it's full of wool. I'll have a cuppa, maybe have a snack to sort myself out and get some fresh air on the balcony or I may never move from this spot.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Baby had another bad night last night. Woke up at 3am balling his eyes out so I tried rocking him to sleep to no avail. Had a right cob on cos me fella had fell akip on the couch again, totally dead to the world so I went in and was like 'will you bloody wake up!!!!' And he woke up in a mood cos he had work whup de doo! We were snappy and I told him I can't stand him and went off with the baby and tried to settle him again 😂 eventually got him to sleep. Woke up at 7.25 and thought 'hmm thats funny didnt hear me fella getting up for work.' He was due in at 7.30. Went out to the livingroom and he was still there asleep 🤣 whoops. Woke him up and he had a go at me? I'm not your Mum love
Other than that went for 2 walks with the baby to get my steps in, he was a right grump today though. Think he's having a fussy phase or teething.
Making a curry for tea 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Baby had another bad night last night. Woke up at 3am balling his eyes out so I tried rocking him to sleep to no avail. Had a right cob on cos me fella had fell akip on the couch again, totally dead to the world so I went in and was like 'will you bloody wake up!!!!' And he woke up in a mood cos he had work whup de doo! We were snappy and I told him I can't stand him and went off with the baby and tried to settle him again 😂 eventually got him to sleep. Woke up at 7.25 and thought 'hmm thats funny didnt hear me fella getting up for work.' He was due in at 7.30. Went out to the livingroom and he was still there asleep 🤣 whoops. Woke him up and he had a go at me? I'm not your Mum love
Other than that went for 2 walks with the baby to get my steps in, he was a right grump today though. Think he's having a fussy phase or teething.
Making a curry for tea 😁
Get that man an alarm clock! 😂😂

• Haha
Really unproductive day. Fed up of not being able to work in an office (never thought I’d say that).
Only did a bit of PhD work - made an excel table, small wins!
Did chilli con carne for tea what had been in the slow cooker all day.
Showered, washed hair.
Now in bed eating doritos/tattling/watching tv

• Heart
Woke up at midday in agony
Hobbled out of bed at some point and got myself a can of vegetable soup (those 35p ones from Lidl are amazing).
Didn’t feel too good so had a lie down and ended up binge watching Maury for a while 🤣
Eventually felt better and started with coursework.
Dinner.
Back to coursework.
Made a big soup in the slow cooker for tomorrow - tomato, Red lentil and celery!
Coursework again
Washed my hair and got myself ready for bed.
I have zoom class at 9am tomorrow so hopefully it all goes okay 🤞🏻

• Heart
why are slow cookers so popular here? 😄
I guess it's because it means you can put something on and not need to constantly monitor it so you're able to get on with other things at the same time?

We don't actually use ours that often but when we do it's usually for soups or the odd chicken breast (not for me though since I'm veggie).

• Heart
Got home from work about an hour ago. Absolutely perishing.
Straight in hot shower, had a cry - feeling very stressed out at the minute and low, not to mention tired all the time.
Changed into pjs, put work clothes in the wash. Fed cats, chatted to kids while they ate breakfast at table.
OH made me a roll with sausage and a cup of tea so just having that, then going up to try and get some sleep for tonight’s shift.

• Heart
First day back working after the holidays.

Got up and dressed, logged in all eager at 7am. Took a coffee “break” and I’m just getting started again. Fail fail fail.

Haven’t slept all night - literally been awake all night! So I feel rubbish now.
Had to re-schedule a meeting because I knew I wouldn’t be able to focus. Thankfully it’s ok for me to do that.
Not sure what to do with my day - resisting the urge to go have a nap and just get a super early night tonight.
The lack of sleep has really affected my MH today so I think I’m just going to be kind to myself & do what work/chores I can manage.

Yesterday first day of homeschooling my stepdaughter got woke up at 7 so much better than 5.30. But she was on I want to do something from the start. Managed to play loads of junior monopoly, bake a chocolate cake and decorate it by 9.30. Then paint and paint tattoos its a thing when we have finish painting she's allow to paint herself she loves it. Quick bath to get rid of paint, then did abit of utube dancing and workouts.
Lunch and cake. Learned some of the getting ready to read book learned took it in like a sponge. Did some laptop googling she puts names she can spell or animals in and looks at pictures saying which one she likes best, just learning how to do basic. Played with barbies 😒. Watched the grinch (she loves and couldn't say no). Did more utube workouts gave her tea bathed and she cried didnt want to sleep here got her to sleep about 7.30. He had cooked tea left a right mess but I was hungry so didn't complain. Only spoke about his daughter said I was going to bed at 9. This morning he's took his daughter back when I was still asleep because she does have a place at school. Could of bloody told me so I've only got up 20minutes ago 🤭

• Heart
Yesterday first day of homeschooling my stepdaughter got woke up at 7 so much better than 5.30. But she was on I want to do something from the start. Managed to play loads of junior monopoly, bake a chocolate cake and decorate it by 9.30. Then paint and paint tattoos its a thing when we have finish painting she's allow to paint herself she loves it. Quick bath to get rid of paint, then did abit of utube dancing and workouts.
Lunch and cake. Learned some of the getting ready to read book learned took it in like a sponge. Did some laptop googling she puts names she can spell or animals in and looks at pictures saying which one she likes best, just learning how to do basic. Played with barbies 😒. Watched the grinch (she loves and couldn't say no). Did more utube workouts gave her tea bathed and she cried didnt want to sleep here got her to sleep about 7.30. He had cooked tea left a right mess but I was hungry so didn't complain. Only spoke about his daughter said I was going to bed at 9. This morning he's took his daughter back when I was still asleep because she does have a place at school. Could of bloody told me so I've only got up 20minutes ago 🤭
You sound like a wonderful stepmum ♥

• Heart
Try but relationship with partner has well a truly gone. Just hope she remembers me when I finally spilt with her dad
i'm sure she will! ❤

crawled out of bed at 8 and was making an excel table for work until 9:30
then made coffee and breakfast and woke up bf
played with the cat a bit, she was very chatty this morning
continued working and then got ready to go to my parents place
today is a holiday so we had a family lunch
after that went grocery shopping
came home and collapsed on the couch
lying in pain now due to the longest period ever
will probably just have some soup for dinner and watch movies

Last edited:
why are slow cookers so popular here? 😄
I'm not a gadgets person but a slow cooker is one thing I couldn't be without. It means I don't have to stand over the cooker keeping an eye on everything and you can set a time of when you want it to be ready. I get so much more done around the house 🙏

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.