What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday I bought some frozen pain au raisin from M&S ...just heated one up ( 35mins!) oh my it was delicious. Great start to a bank holiday Friday.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yesterday I bought some frozen pain au raisin from M&S ...just heated one up ( 35mins!) oh my it was delicious. Great start to a bank holiday Friday.
Oooh what a treat! I’m going to M&S this weekend for a treat feta and caramelised onion pizza (pretty sure it was recommended here?) so might pick some up!

Morning all!
my morning has been a lot better than previous! Managed to get some motivation to get up before the kids and have a cup of tea in peace! Gave kidsbreakfast and cleaned the kitchen and put a washload on....quick shower and got us all dressed to play in the garden. The kids will play frame has finally been built so they’re happy playing...I’m just pottering about asI forgot to put the cover on the sofa outside so the cushions are soaked 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Been another busy week in the house and garden, mostly, the garden though.

I tried reading this thread to catch up, but honestly, I have not got the time to read through it all. 💚

I will try and pop back here at the weekend, when hopefully I can catch up with you all. 💚

@prinnygrace I'm so sorry to read your relationship has ended :( but it seems its for the best!
@Meangirl815 Your poor daughter! Tonsilitis is not fun and I'm glad she's feeling better already 🥰
@petitspois Please get the goldfish called Neil! 😝 Totally agree with you about Tattle is where people can be themselves these days. Especially on this thread
@Cocoflowers I love all your coloured in pages, they look amazing
@WilmaHun I was sad to read you've been feeling down, bless your bf for being so cute 🥺

Christ, what a year this weekend has been.

I've spent from 11am till 8pm moving and unpacking 💀 My friend came round with her "Mr Bean car" as she called it and I marvelled at how she Tetris'd all my stuff into this tiny car, it was a thing of beauty. My 23 dependants (1 cat, 22 plants) all made it safe and sound. My cat is SO happy at my mum and dads house compared to my flat. He's in his element now he has a garden to roam and he is pleased to see his "uncle" Myles again (the family cat we've had for over a decade) 🤣 My mum had randomly decided to make a raspberry and almond loaf, so me and my friend moved everything inside and had a slice of loaf and a brew. We sat outside in the sun and had a lovely chat, it was just what I needed after this weekend of moving ☀

Had another prawn curry for tea, I had two naans coz I was ravenous after all the moving of boxes

View attachment 546081

Watched LOD earlier but need to rewatch again coz I have no clue whats going on really. Dreading the next few weeks trying to balance work, learning to drive and life admin stuff- I still have to go back to flat to clean this coming Friday! Ughhh can't it just be May already
Sounds like you have made the best decision to move back home. Will give you the chance to save money for the things you want in life. Life is too short to struggle and pay bills the whole time. Live it now for a bit, knowing that you don’t have to bust a gut in order to live.

Evening all! Just another work day for me - had another meeting and it all went well, I'm dead pleased with my toddler designs. I'm getting much better at this presentation malarkey and not umming and ahhing as much when I talk! Fake it till you make it eh? 👏🏻

I had another driving lesson after work, we did big roundabouts with lanes on them and lots of parking. My instructor took the L plates off so people wouldn't treat me like a learner 😬 Seriously how do you get used to driving??? It feels like it never sinks in. How am I going to park by myself? I want to be able to blast music in the car but feel like I have to drive in silence so I can concentrate. Next week we're on dual carriageways and maybe some parallel parking too. Hopefully, I'll be whizzing it one handed in like:

After my lesson, dad had brought a brownie so I had that with a brew whilst watching the news with my parents. Moving in with my parents is tricky as they're such feeders. I'm trying to get my waist measurement down but I predict a lot of brownies in my future will slow me down 🤪 I had salmon, new potatoes and a big ass salad for tea then sat on my phone for hours 😝 Night all xx
[/QUOTE
Learning to drive is frightening and exciting in equal measure. You never ever think that you are going to get it and remember to do three different things at once, but it really will come to you, the more you practise it.

I learnt to drive in fits and starts, which was probably not the best way really. It was what I could afford. Then I met my ex-husband and he paid for me to have 2 hour driving lessons for two days a week and the driving knowledge soon sunk in. I really enjoyed those 2 hour lessons, I felt I learnt so much more. Of course in those days, you didn’t have to do the theory part either, just had to read the Highway Code from cover to cover.

It will come, it feels like it is an uphill struggle, but one day it will just click into place.

I get so annoyed with this format of posts all joining together. I want to separate each posting, not lump them all together!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Today was seriously bad, little work, indicator issue with my motorcycle, for some reason it's hanging off the rear mudguard and I have no idea how to fix it so Duct tape to the rescue. Also tech issues, had problems getting work details on my phone. Pedestrians have been a pain in the arse not looking where they are going, crossing the road without looking..... Bastards! As for that little fucker on the E-scooter on the way home, these people who insist on using e-scooters that can go over 30MPH have a deathwish.
How does your job work!? Surely you can't deliver much with a motorcycle 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hello hello

Today started with a nail appointment! Got my acrylics back and I love them, even if I can’t get used to having them on again 🙃

Did some shopping after that, mainly for my Mum & Aunties birthday in a few week - they will be the big 5 0. I got my Mum a bracelet a while back so I took it to get it engraved ☺ Hope she likes it. Got some bits from TK Maxx too including some face serum/oil which I’m going to try later.

Got home and I was so tired. Didn’t sleep well last night due to some foxes being loud! Thanks foxes! So I had every intention of doing some work but the nap won. Woke up a while ago wondering what year it was 😵

rest of the day will be spent doing the usual shower/skincare/food, all that jazz! Got another driving lesson tomorrow and my instructor advised I watch some YouTube vids on roundabouts so I’ll probs do that tonight. Fun fun fun.

Hope everyone is good! X

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh god, I don't know if this is just a one off, but morning sickness seems to have hit hard today :sick: managed to get out this morning for a walk round some of the country paths, sipping a bottle of water along the way. I've now made myself a single slice of toast in the hope it might help while I wait to dial into my first meeting of the day.

Plans for the day include work, and then probably another night sat in front of Greys Anatomy as the husband informed me yesterday that he's working tonight (he does one Friday shift a month), so between that and my plans for the weekend I'm barely going to see him :cry:
Update, the toast worked wonders and I soon felt human again. Been mostly working today - took a break at lunch and even squeezed in an episode of Greys on the sofa while the mutt was out with the dog walker. Absolutely shattered now, so tonight will be chicken nuggets and chips and in bed watching Netflix until I doze off.

Tomorrow I'm going for my first proper meal out since last March! Going to meet a couple of friends. I'm going to have to tell them I'm knocked up so they don't try and force cocktails into me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So today was unexpected - worked sucked but I got the urgent tasks done. I took my shoes for an hour's walk at lunch and it rained so much that it went through three layers of clothing to get my skin wet but the underside of my hair was still bone dry.

I usually get it thinned out (it's so bushy) and get some layers in to help it breathe but I can't go to a hairdresser until after vax 2 and that might be 2-3 months away. So... I cut it mostly off in what will hopefully be my last ever lockdown haircut 😄 I've gone from shoulder length to maybe 2/5th of the length of Rue's hair in my profile pic and it feels... amazing.

I prefer how I look with longer hair (by far) and will 100% be growing it out again, but it had so much volume that it was so uncomfortable, especially with the weather getting hotter and if I tried to thin it out at home it would have looked a right state so this was a much safer option.. I went for a short walk afterwards and it felt so good to not have it weighing me down.

I'm not looking forward to my mum finding out but I hope that by the time I see her in real life it'll grow out a bit again. She last saw me in June and she still occasionally phones me to tell me how 'ugly' and 'ridiculous' I look with short hair and that was longer than this. I don't think I look that bad personally. Better with long hair, yes, but not bad enough to want to walk around with a paper bag over my head.

Aside from this I've done a bit of cleaning and I'm planning to spend the evening transcribing and gaming. Looking forward to getting back on top of things on the 1st tomorrow. Regardless of whatever else happens, the only one thing I want to accomplish in May is spending £0.00 in the co-op. It's so tempting to have it 45 seconds away from my house but I'll nip in for a 45p box of paracetamols and come out with a tenner's worth of random stuff. So, that is my one goal to focus on this month.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Woke up at 7:30 technically, but really dozed around then sat up in bed at 8:55 to log onto work. Last day on my current team & project today, so it's been a weird one! I just find it so awkward to try and do those usual pleasantries/goodbyes over Skype or email, it's really unnatural. Had a couple of nice thank you emails from people individually which was lovely, that felt normal, but god it's depressing that a few rounds down the pub after a last day has been replaced by me typing and retyping my goodbye email to the same people. Never met most of them in person as I'm in the UK working for a company based in the EU.

Anyway, nearly done, and had a few emails through from my new manager - she seems nice! I'm already booked into meetings from 9am on the Tuesday after the bank holiday now though.

In other news, I was getting worried the two bikes (1 mine, 1 previously my dad's he's giving to my brother) I had collected by a bike repair service on Tuesday had gone missing. Hadn't heard anything from them since then when I'd been expecting a call, so Whatsapp'd them this morning at 9am. Hadn't heard back by 2pm so rang them up, bless 'em, they'd had a miscommunication and had meant to bring them back yesterday/call me. Gonna be reunited with my bike in an hour, plus can cycle the one soon to be my brother's up to him on Monday now. Then got a swim booked in at 7:30pm followed by a plan to watch wine/drink telly with my housemate. Next thing to do: find my swimsuit...

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi everyone,

Same old today, nothing much to tell at all!

School run, work, food shop delivered, OH did afternoon school run, quick house square up, currently cooking tea, nipping the girl to gym, can’t even be bothered to look round the shops while she’s there so I’ll just come home instead.

Reallllly fancying a couple of glasses of wine tonight but I think I have like half a glass worths in the fridge and because I’m calorie counting I haven’t bought any more. Can’t decide whether to nip to the shop for a bottle or whether I’m even that arsed 😂

Can’t believe it’s May tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can’t believe it’s May tomorrow!
It's crazy how quick this year is going! I typed out my goals for March today and only realised it'll be May reading it back. TBH it doesn't even feel like it should be March yet.

Reactions: 9
Hello and happy Friday!

Usual work day after school run. Went well, quite a few were off to make the most of a long weekend. Most of my team are over in India so I checked in with all of them individually to see if they were ok given the scary covid situation and they are all keeping safe and working from home currently.
went for a lunchtime walk to post baby presents to my best mate and then popped to see the baby geese and all 8 are growing well 🥰
Changed the beds and tidied round before school pick up. Making curry for dinner and will have an early bath while little one watches the tablet.
Ive got zoom drinks planned tonight with the girls to celebrate what would’ve been one of our groups 41st birthday and to remember the good times spent with her.

So happy to turn my alarms off for three days.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can't cope with this weather. Is it sunny? Is it snowing? Who the duck knows 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

My heating has been on, off, turned up, turned down and everything inbetween.

My mood always matches the weather. So as the weather has no bleeping clue what's its doing neither does my mood 😳😳

I've spent the past few days doing odd jobs around the house. Targeting all those little areas and overdue jobs that have been bugging me. Apart from that usual crap. My life is so boring.
I need.... Something in my life. A hobby, a job, friends 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Way-hay its duck it Friday and a bank holiday weekend 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 if that's not a reason to have a drink I don't know what is!:unsure: I've poured myself a Whisky and Coke and now I'm going to relax for the next few days. Today I took my mum to the shops, came home and cleaned up, put a wash on, did some emails, ate some flapjacks I made yesterday, then came on here to see what was happening.

• Heart

Can't resist, it's my favourite meme because I've got a simple mind when it comes to memes (and maybe generally 😂)

Mixed bag today, work was much quieter and felt like I could catch my breath a bit. I got a bit upset this morning so had a cry at my desk, my period is due in a few days and it's been stressful this week and I'm fed up about some things so sometimes you gotta let it out. Also I impulse bought a foreo ufo 🤭 and some masks to go with it so that's arriving tomorrow🙌

I left work a bit early as I was tired and it was due to pour down so got the bus home and had a really long shower and washed my hair and used a new razor and I've sprayed some nice smelly bits I found in my crate of makeup/skincare/fragrance shite in a bid to try and make myself feel better. It's worked, a bit and I'm dead chuffed with myself for not eating loads of snacks when I got in too, which is a really bad habit of mine.

Gonna cook some chicken feta and med veg in the oven with some quinoa, have a glass of wine and watch some telly and get an early night. We're up early tomorrow to go test drive some cars 😴

Hope everyone has a good Friday evening ❤

• Heart
I've made toad in the hole guys. It's all kicking off here. :ROFLMAO:
I put two and two together and as the kids love sausages and yorkies I put them together - god knows what it'll turn out like. My youngest had started to like cooking but every single recipe she wants to make (from you tube) involves whisking egg whites. I keep telling her it's boring and takes ages but it never hits home. Plus the kitchen is then littered with bowls of egg whites that are 20% whisked then left. Nice.

Other than that, a boring week really. I'm going to plan a couple of things on the weekend. I really wish I knew some other women who were on their own with kids that I actually liked. I find weekends like this quite tough sometimes as it's often FAMILY TIME (which I get of course) so friends are often busy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi hi hi x
I’ve had such a boring day! I was supposed to be spending the day with my partner but I woke up and he was already gone to work!! He “forgot” I was off apparently 😡
I went out to the wholesalers for him to stock up his fridge at his workshop. Got lost down the sweet and chocolate aisle and nearly had to take a mortgage out for everything I wanted 🤤🤤🤤
The weather has been sooo weird. Keeps going from sunny and warm to hammering it down, rain, hail the lot. I was going to pop and sit in my cousins garden with her and her little boy but decided against it as the weather was rubbish.
just had a takeaway for dinner, it was beautiful. Was going to dye my hair tonight but I Cba so will have to remain ginger for another day until I can be bothered to sort it.
have a lovely evening whatever you’re up to xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank crunchie its Friday! Did some gardening this morning and had a general tidy round outside. Hung my washing out then it poured with rain. Put it in the tumble dryer instead, should have done that in the first place. Changed the beds and put some ironing away. House is all tidy ready for the weekend, it will be a tit tip by tomorrow morning. Had fish and chips for tea, delicious. Teen went for her piano lesson, first one face to face in ages. I wish it was going to be hot this weekend, instead it’s cold, wet and windy. Not much happening tonight, will watch gogglebox and eat chocolate.

• Heart
hi all! busy day for me today, haven't spent a lot of time on my phone or any on my laptop. that's been nice but i'm exhausted now! 😴

went to my docs appointment this morning, she was lovely as always, everything looks okay, she said the fatigue and breathing issues are normal and i'll do some blood tests next week.

walked to my parents place and took my dad's car. drove to my grandma's place and she made us a roast and salad for lunch. she's just sold her house and when i saw all the stuff in preparation for the move i was really sad. i spent so much of my childhood there and it reminds me of my grandpa :(

drove to some garden centres for our balcony project and then another doctors appointment in the afternoon. after that we needed to buy some clothes for bf. i didn't get anything but i bought a beautiful dress for my cousin's baby.

anyway we were basically out all day and driving all over the place when we were told to rest 😂 so tonight is pizza night and relaxing 🍕

have a nice friyay evening and happy weekend everyone! 🥳

• Heart
Hello hello

TGIF am I right x

Had my patch test this morning and Naughty Nanna 🍆 offered to babysit. So I was like right OK, better than taking the baby the salon and him kicking off. So I go and come back. She's all 'wanna come back to ours for the day?' Cos its mr watermelons birthday this weekend so she planned a takeaway for us all. Couldn't say no could I 😂

CHRIST ALIVE!! Never heard a Middle aged woman talk about dick so much in my life. She was reading texts out to me, asking 'so what do you think?' 'Do you think hes into me?' 'Do you think hes messing me around?' Showing me pictures, 'swear he's better looking real life' is this real life? You're 60 odd and my fellas ma 🤣

So that been my day really. It got to about half 6 and Nanna was looking at the clock

Me & mr watermelon: do you want us to go?
Nanna: well I've got plans at 8

Plans = 🍆

Dirty cow!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hello hello

TGIF am I right x

Had my patch test this morning and Naughty Nanna 🍆 offered to babysit. So I was like right OK, better than taking the baby the salon and him kicking off. So I go and come back. She's all 'wanna come back to ours for the day?' Cos its mr watermelons birthday this weekend so she planned a takeaway for us all. Couldn't say no could I 😂

CHRIST ALIVE!! Never heard a Middle aged woman talk about dick so much in my life. She was reading texts out to me, asking 'so what do you think?' 'Do you think hes into me?' 'Do you think hes messing me around?' Showing me pictures, 'swear he's better looking real life' is this real life? You're 60 odd and my fellas ma 🤣

So that been my day really. It got to about half 6 and Nanna was looking at the clock

Me & mr watermelon: do you want us to go?
Nanna: well I've got plans at 8

Plans = 🍆

Dirty cow!
Sounds like nanna is getting more than her fair share. Was she showing you pics of his knob?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.