What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Errr kind of, Hermes are a overnight delivery service like DPD, DHL and so on.
I work in the SAMEDAY delivery sector in which you can order a bike, van, bicycle at 9AM and the package will be
delivered during the day, there are a few kinds of service. Standard service, pick up, will be delivered by close of
business. Then you have various degree's of urgent tariffs, the more you pay, the faster the package will arrive.

I would just like to add that sameday courier companys collect and deliver Covid 19 tests, all part of an organisation.

Oh and just adding this, the biggest difference between ME and a Herme's delivery person....... I actually wait for the addressee to open the door and hand over the package, I don't dump and run.
i bloody hate when Hermes dump and run

Reactions: 3
Our postie is actually quite bad for it, more than the Hermes guy.
It's more annoying for my poor husband whose in a wheelchair, so can't actually get the package off the door step 😡 Luckily we live in a really quiet cul-de-sac, so if I'm not home it can stay outside safely.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
It's totally unprofessional, even the Amazon Delivery guys wait and hand the package to you.
Well at least they do around my area, Hermes are the worse delivery service and I try to avoid
ordering from companies who use them.

Reactions: 5
Morning all,

Feel so much righter in my head again today. Weighed myself as it's the first of the month and it went back to my highest number but it'll partially be water retention from totm. Going to focus for a month on exercise, cooking and healthier eating and see what happens on the 1st June and adjust from there.

Did an hours exercise on ring fit adventure, talked to my mum and my nana (if I can keep up this 'Saturday morning is when you phone' business I'll be jumping for joy because I won't be spending most of the weekend worrying about when they'll phone. Conversations both went mostly okay.

Now I'm relaxing for a bit before I get up and make some dinner. Hope everyone's having a good Saturday!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's totally unprofessional, even the Amazon Delivery guys wait and hand the package to you.
Well at least they do around my area, Hermes are the worse delivery service and I try to avoid
ordering from companies who use them.
We have a few different Hermes delivery people, they are good where I am. It’s DPD that we have problems with .
I guess the difference with you as that most of your items are higher value...? Do you deliver for net a Porter and suchlike? You are like an Addison Lee type service rather than an Uber!

Reactions: 2
All I've done is take put the rubbish, it's bloody cold outside so I don't think I will be doing
any activities outside today, I know Monday is a bust due to some serious and well needed
rain.

Reactions: 5
Yodel are the worst near me, they never leave a parcel. I've had to go to the driver's house before now and pick it up myself.

I've just schlepped all the way to town (and I hate town) to open a bank account for my daughter. I checked the opening times online, phoned them to check what documents I needed then, on arrival, got old it was appointment only. I hate things like that - they spend so much on marketing but get the absolute basics wrong. I could see myself turning into one of those angry complainers too so just said my bit then walked away as it's not the staff's fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We have a few different Hermes delivery people, they are good where I am. It’s DPD that we have problems with .
I guess the difference with you as that most of your items are higher value...? Do you deliver for net a Porter and suchlike?
You are like an Addison Lee type service rather than an Uber!
Yep, you've got it, except I don't have the massive special top boxes that their bikes have.
I don't deliver for Net A Porter but I do deliver too them which is a pain in the arse because
of the loading bay rules. Courier companies send one car/bike/van once a day because the
prebooking of a spot in the loading bay. I do a lot of deliveries for fashion designers and
thankfully Victoria Beckham isn't one of them, she uses Addison Lee.

Yodel are the worst near me, they never leave a parcel. I've had to go to the driver's house before now and pick it up myself.
Yodel lost my package at a depot, it was a computer tablet on special offer from Amazon, I was not happy but at least I did
get a full refund.

Reactions: 6
Afternoon everyone, well so far today I've been to Asda, had lunch and I might go for a walk alter if it doesn't rain.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi all
bit of a boring day here.
been to asda, dyed and air wrapped my hair, now sat down having something to eat. It’s raining 😒😒
just had take me out on in the background and this bloke was proper into his date then she broke it to him she meant to turn her light off 😬😬 cringing for him 🙁
not much planned for this afternoon but just gonna have a chill out before cracking on with some uni work.
enjoy your weekends x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Happy bank holiday everyone, of course the weather is vile..
Yesterday I had my nails done in the morning, my nail girl is so lovely she comes to me and we chat away.
went and did some jobs for my grandmother, only half her Ocado shop turned up due to some warehouse issue so I had to sort that for her.
Then I went for fat dissolving injections in my stomach. I’m the biggest wimp and it was 8 injections I think. Wasn’t too bad just Pinched in a few spots and I have one small bruise today. We shall see how that goes!
Today I’ve been super lazy and had a take away pizza, only eaten half and feel abit sicky now!
I’ve been super tearful today so I think I’ll have a bath and early night. Really need to find some motivation as no one is going to fix my life for me!
Have a lovely one all ❤

6CFF9DEA-3F75-40E4-824F-BE34B5A124E1.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Happy Saturday 🤗

Today I’ve had a driving lesson which went really well! Feel more confident with my roundabouts. Doing parking next week 😬

And that’s pretty much all I’ve done. I’m going to re-watch last weeks LoD in prep for tomorrow (🤩😱) and that’s my exciting Saturday evening plans. Might have a strawberry gin & lemonade to spice things up a bit.

Hope everyone is good!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hey all.

Was up and out early for a walk with my son and we saw the cutest thing - my geese family crossing the road via the zebra crossing! 😂😂 I took a video of it but can’t share on here as my son is in it.
Headed off to mums for lunch and had another walk there with them I’ve clocked 12k steps so far today so pleased with that.
just got back home and Ocado is coming any minute so will shove all that away and pour myself a glass of wine and chill.
Movie night planned tonight, sons choice so likely to be a marvel film of some sort.

Don’t imagine there will be a whole lot more excitement here this weekend (aside LoD finale) as it’s supposed to piss down from here on in so lots of cozy time I think and make the most of no work/school grind.

• Heart
Hi my tattle besties.
Had a busy old day. Woke up at 6.30. Why?? It's sat for the love of god. Anyway managed another hour or so before getting up at 8.30. Then from there until 11.30 i think i lost time. Done a whole lot of nothing but the morning flew over anyway.
Only 1 kid at home this weekend 💃💃
We've been to the massive local tesco, the range and lidl. Came home put shopping away, went to our new house to see if we could get a peek inside, still no joy. I'm so frustrated at not being able to get in and get a feel for the inside of the place. Has been a council property since it was built, very few tenants and no floor plans or anything exist.
Still another month ish before we can move it. Need to be patient. Patience is not my strong suit
From there we took car through the car wash (fun fact today was the day my husband found out I'm scared of car washes) came home had a crazy half hour messing about with my son. Making pizza's for tea. OK the husband is making pizza's, I'm on cheap pink gin

Feel like i need a night of 'letting go' a bit so provided i can keep sinking this rotten gin tonight may get messy 😛

Enjoy your evening whatever you doing gang

Attachments

• Heart
Hey everyone!

We were up early this morning (for us!) so it’s felt like a super long day.

Had a bloke coming to put a satellite dish on the roof for our new internet, so kids had breakfast and were back upstairs out the way before he came. By 9.30 I was in the boys room giving it a good square up and dust. They have so many Lego models built up and it took two hours to take them all of the sides, dust everything and put it back 😳 was on a roll after that so went into the girls room and dusted hers too. 15 mins done, boom.

While I was doing that apparently the satellite bloke had drilled into a water pipe, had to turn the water off, get a plumber out. Nice one mate ✌🏻 Anyway all done now and we have mega fast internet so no kids moaning their games are lagging!

I then went and tidied and dusted our bedroom too. Felt proper productive. I said to OH, “it’s good getting up early isn’t it?” Bet it doesn’t happen tomorrow though.

Came down after that and played Animal Crossing for a bit and listened to some banging tunes. Might make a summer playlist ☀😎

We’ve had fajitas for tea. A big ass spider decided to crawl out of the lettuce… 😐🕷 soooo will probably burn the house down now 🔥 It seemed to play dead for a bit and then my OH said he could tell it wasn’t from this country because of “the way it turned over”, whatever that means.

• Heart
  • Wow
Evening pals ❤

I've no idea where my day has gone. I woke up at 5 and didn't get back to sleep properly and then we were up to get ready to leave the house just after half 8 to walk up the car dealership which is about an hours walk. We got there at quarter to 10 and didn't leave until quarter to 1 😩 we test drove one car but there were problems with my bf's proof of address and loads of faffing to try and download some online banking statements which took sooooo long. After the test drive we went ahead with the purchase which is basically the salesman trying to pressure us into paying a £400 1 year warranty fee which we ended up taking, he really wasn't taking no for an answer. Anyway we're collecting the car on Wednesday evening 🥳

Then we nipped into a cafe for coffee and cake on the way home and he went off to meet a friend for a few drinks. I was absolutely pooped when I got home so quickly prepped a chilli to go in the slow cooker and I've been lay on the sofa since 😂 fell asleep with my hand in a bag of m&ms # classy

Just waiting for Mr jarv to get home then we'll eat and watch some TV but we'll probably end up having an early night as usual!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
hi everyone! :) i have no idea where my day has gone.

woke up early due to some stomach pain/issues so the morning wasn't very nice and i ended up falling back asleep on the couch. bf tidied up and made me breakfast and a cup of tea. then i caught up on some emails, did my nails, showered, washed my hair, etc. had some rice waffles for lunch as i didn't want to upset my stomach and then headed to a meeting. i have clients over this week for inspections, trials and tastings. ended up being a 4 hour long meeting but it was nice to catch up. ended up on gin and tonics, first drink since i got covid and i actually didn't miss cigarettes.

came home to a cuddly kitty and homemade soup. now relaxing on the couch as i'm absolutely exhausted! have a great evening all! 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Well the rest of my afternoon just got better. Went to TK Maxx for a mooch and got four Le Creuset mugs and a Ralph Lauren handbag that I saw in John Lewis for double the price!:m I was well pleased. Rest of the evening I'm going to chill and see what I can watch on Netflix.

@OutrageouslyScarlet your nails look gorg.(y)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well the rest of my afternoon just got better. Went to TK Maxx for a mooch and got four Le Creuset mugs and a Ralph Lauren handbag that I saw in John Lewis for double the price!:m I was well pleased. Rest of the evening I'm going to chill and see what I can watch on Netflix.

@OutrageouslyScarlet your nails look gorg.(y)
lucky you! I never find anything in TK Maxx that’s of any use to me! I love le creuset stuff but I am so unbelievably clumsy that I can’t spend the money as I would no doubt smash it. I broke an Emma bridgewater mug my mum bought me for Xmas once by New Years! I’m a liability.

Reactions: 9
TK Maxx is so hit and miss but I love browsing round there. They had some James Read face fake tan for £9.99 (£25 usually!). Wish I’d got some the other day.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.