What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evening everyone! Bloody TGIF
Had massive work drams today. 2 of my managers were obviously together despite 1 being married. The married one announced she was pregnant back in August and since has just fallen off the face of the earth, ignoring people’s messages of well wishes and today her work account was deactivated 🧐 was speaking to one of my friends who is the level above me so knows them and their situ more than I do. Apparently they had a huuuuuuge argument just before she told everyone she was pregnant and they literally were not talking at alllll. So we’ve come to the conclusion that there may be confusion about who baby daddy is and that caused the argument and is also why it seems she isn’t returning to work. So basically I did no work today and was in full on detective mode 🤣
Finished and fake tanned for the first time in agessssss. I feel so good for it 🤩🤩🤩
Got someone’s leaving drinks via zoom at 7:30pm. Don’t think I’ll drink though. A lot of effort so hopefully it’s good🙄😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
IMG-20210416-WA0005.jpg

Well this is has just destroyed me. What a beauty. What a bleeping actress. Couple goals. duck cancer.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Had massive work drams today. 2 of my managers were obviously together despite 1 being married. The married one announced she was pregnant back in August and since has just fallen off the face of the earth, ignoring people’s messages of well wishes and today her work account was deactivated 🧐 was speaking to one of my friends who is the level above me so knows them and their situ more than I do. Apparently they had a huuuuuuge argument just before she told everyone she was pregnant and they literally were not talking at alllll. So we’ve come to the conclusion that there may be confusion about who baby daddy is and that caused the argument and is also why it seems she isn’t returning to work. So basically I did no work today and was in full on detective mode 🤣
Finished and fake tanned for the first time in agessssss. I feel so good for it 🤩🤩🤩
Got someone’s leaving drinks via zoom at 7:30pm. Don’t think I’ll drink though. A lot of effort so hopefully it’s good🙄😂
They need you on AC12. Good detective work . I wonder if it will be discussed on the zoom call ..the leaving drinks are not for said person that’s disappeared i take it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They need you on AC12. Good detective work . I wonder if it will be discussed on the zoom call ..the leaving drinks are not for said person that’s disappeared i take it?!
It’s not! She went on maternity in august and we haven’t heard from her since and now her accounts have been deactivated which doesn’t normally happen when someone is on maternity!! So it’ll be interesting whether she does make a return🤨 nobody ever seems to question it though but I’m convinced this affair has something to do with it!! (I’m not sure they knew that the whole team knew about it tbh)

• Heart
  • Wow
🎵 It’s Friday again... (it’s Saturday Sunday, WUT?!) 🎵

hey gang!

hope you’re all okay. It’s been a fine day here, although not much to tell. Working mainly and then finished just before the school run. Started walking to pick up the boy but then OH rang and said he’ll get him on his home from work, result 👍🏻 got back home and had a quick square up instead.

Boys got home, then we went and parked in the Asda, they went to get their hair cut and I collected the food order. Then popped to New Look to return some clothes. I bought them aaaages ago but they let me have a refund because of lockdown so that was good. Had a walk round town but couldn’t think of anywhere to go. Our town is a bit rubbish now, we have no decent shops.

Went back to the car and waited for the boys. Had a scroll through the meme thread, man that thread is funny 😂 I’ve not looked through it for so long. I was laughing to myself in the car 😂

Boys got back and they are looking super handsome after their hair cuts. I feel like I want to put them in suits and take them somewhere fancy! ♥

The oldest has just got back from a day with his mates. He’s been to Maccy’s with his mates and used his debit card and everything so he’ll be feeling like a right lad 😂😎

The girl is back at her gym class this week so I’m gonna fetch her later and maybe swing by Homesense on the way 👀

Have a good evening!

ETA:

Me: not much to tell
Also me: Yabba yabba yabba (just call me Nanna)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Sounds very sus @prinnygrace I love a bit of detective work like that 🤣

Afternoon everyone, suddenly feeling veeeeery sleepy. Dog woke me up at 530 again today and that woke Pupper up as well 🙄 Tattled for a bit while she played (old one had gone back to sleep). Tried to go back to bed, but my back was really aching. Got back up, tided kitchen and had made potato and leek soup before 10am 🤣 Sorted out some washing and cleaned out the guinea pig. Went out to the garden and mowed the grass, moved some posts around and planted two small privet hedges on my border and repotted a little willow tree. It was nearly lunchtime so instead of eating a proper meal I just had tortilla crisps and salsa 😳 Tried to do training with Pupper but she wasn't concentrating. Went for a walk, had a chat to my neighbour. Got home and tided up the living room which my husband described as a teddy graveyard with all the disemboweled toys everywhere 😂 Not really sure what I've done since. Should have had a nap I think.
About to make tea - Somerset Stew tonight with Quorn sausages

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My first ever job which I absolutely loved. It’s probably the longest I’ve had a job 😂was working at a tanning shop and it was great because apart from the odd morning you’d work alone (all my friends would pop in for free sunbeds)
Anyway we all discovered our boss was having an affair (condoms and a spare phone were hidden in the kitchen area out the back and they certainly weren’t any of the girls that worked there) which probz means he was shagging on the sunbeds 😂
I used to hate it as he’d get me to lie when his wife phoned she was at home with their toddler. It was all so much drama.
He sacked me just after my 18th birthday because I had booked it off and he hadn’t put it down so no one opened the shop.. anyway I had to go in with my mum for a disciplinary as he was laying into me I threw out that I knew he looked so shocked then back tracked and told me he’d had the snip so couldn’t be him bla bla . He was the Tightest man ever but gave me free sunbeds for as often as i wanted and kept reinstating me for years. Damn I miss work drama

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Today has been another good one - I'm wondering if my anti-depressants are kicking in. I started them in January and I was feeling less rock bottom (but still very low) but today is the second time in three days I've felt properly happy. I've consulted Dr Google and apparently they usually work in 4-6 weeks but sometimes can take a bit longer.

Work was a bit meh. My boss seems very stressed about something this week and while we do talk about real life (it's a small team) I don't want to pry.

Exercise was pretty good - did a 15 minute kettlebell workout and a one hour walk. The weather is lovely so I wanted to walk for longer but I think even an hour was overdoing it as my knees/ankles are screaming. I need to remember to pace myself. Little and often and eventually work up to longer times/distances/reps.

Had one proper meal so far. Then I made three portions of carrot and leek soup for lunch and it was... utterly vile. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst thing I've ever cooked 😲 . I think it was the carrots, they came in my veg box yesterday and I guess I don't like the 'grown for extra taste' variety. I'll stick to the bland supermarket ones 😄. Might make some tuna wraps for tea so that I've had two meals but I'm not very hungry atm.

Briefly spoke to my mum. She said she wanted to phone me tonight for a proper catch up but she'll be drunk and cruel by 4pm so I asked if she could phone tomorrow morning instead. Hurray for standing up for myself!

Tonight will be some transcribing and watching Ashes to Ashes. Life on Mars is my favourite show ever since it first aired but for some reason I never watched A2A. I went off to uni when it aired and just didn't bother keeping up with tele. Saw the first episode last night, not as good as LOM yet but I'm still excited.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s not! She went on maternity in august and we haven’t heard from her since and now her accounts have been deactivated which doesn’t normally happen when someone is on maternity!! So it’ll be interesting whether she does make a return🤨 nobody ever seems to question it though but I’m convinced this affair has something to do with it!! (I’m not sure they knew that the whole team knew about it tbh)
Office gossip at its finest. Report back 😂

Hey gang. Happy Friday!

I set off early after breakfast this morning to go and collect my boy. I was so pleased to see him but he was like

We got back a couple of hours ago and have had pizza and Easter egg and are about to watch a film snuggled up on my bed for a bit.

Tomorrow‘s going to be a busy one as I have zoom surprise baby shower for my bestie in the morning and im meeting 4 of my other best mates in one of their gardens in the late afternoon and we haven’t seen eachother for 18months face to face so I can’t wait, I feel like a kid on Xmas eve 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello hello. Didn't end up going the Asda because my eye is KILLING again. I'm fed up of it. Surely it's not cos I'm tired? Cos I've been getting a bit more sleep (don't wanna jinx that 😅) !? Been fobbed off by the doctors and the opticians now. Usually it's my left eye but it has been my right one today. It was hurting this morning but I took some paracetomal and it worn off but when we got in from our big walk it was killing so I went for a lie down while baby napped. I fell asleep for 10 minutes and felt goosed so couldn't be bothered going back out. Put my pjs on extra early and got all snuggly on the couch. Had a cup of tea and a cornetto. My fella is soooo weird when we have an original cornetto he picks off all the nutty pieces before he eats it 😂 freak 😂 we had chicken, halloumi & mushroom wraps. I love wraps! I used to be fajita fiend but im over them now. Think I've ate them too much 😆 i love halloumi, just love the squeak when you eat it 😂 my fella wanted to ring MIL so we facetimed her and she proper couldnt be arsed with us. She was all dolled up and was like 'my dogging partner will be here soon. Gotta go' cheeky cow 🤣 barely rings us now. Her poor grandson! I know she does me head in but she could at least seem interested 😂 she's just interested in that dick now 🍆 I'm currently traumatised cos the baby had a tit in the bath. I know that's too much info but he had a chocolate flapjack before he got in the bath and I thought it was a bit of flapjack floating round so I picked it up and then realised it was poo 😩 babies ey who'd have em' X

• Haha
Reactions: 17
@Nolongerjustalurker Love the colour and the style of your bike. I would love a new bike. Sadly my mountain bike is rusting away in the garage, needs a complete overhaul really. Now buried beneath a mountain of god-knows-what. 😩 I think bikes with a basket on the front look so nice.

Hello hello. Didn't end up going the Asda because my eye is KILLING again. I'm fed up of it. Surely it's not cos I'm tired? Cos I've been getting a bit more sleep (don't wanna jinx that 😅) !? Been fobbed off by the doctors and the opticians now. Usually it's my left eye but it has been my right one today. It was hurting this morning but I took some paracetomal and it worn off but when we got in from our big walk it was killing so I went for a lie down while baby napped. I fell asleep for 10 minutes and felt goosed so couldn't be bothered going back out. Put my pjs on extra early and got all snuggly on the couch. Had a cup of tea and a cornetto. My fella is soooo weird when we have an original cornetto he picks off all the nutty pieces before he eats it 😂 freak 😂 we had chicken, halloumi & mushroom wraps. I love wraps! I used to be fajita fiend but im over them now. Think I've ate them too much 😆 i love halloumi, just love the squeak when you eat it 😂 my fella wanted to ring MIL so we facetimed her and she proper couldnt be arsed with us. She was all dolled up and was like 'my dogging partner will be here soon. Gotta go' cheeky cow 🤣 barely rings us now. Her poor grandson! I know she does me head in but she could at least seem interested 😂 she's just interested in that dick now 🍆 I'm currently traumatised cos the baby had a tit in the bath. I know that's too much info but he had a chocolate flapjack before he got in the bath and I thought it was a bit of flapjack floating round so I picked it up and then realised it was poo 😩 babies ey who'd have em' X
French beans squeak when you eat them. I used to called them squeaky beans. 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@PepsiCherry ahhh i love reading those early messages, keep 'em coming! 😍 he really sounds like a keeper!
@prinnygrace that's some high quality drama! i miss working in a bigger company just for that 😂
@watermelon sugar halloumi squeak is the best 👌🏼

it's my mom's bday today so i spent the whole day at my parents place. in the morning my bf had to take the car back to my dad so he dropped me off and then went back home to work on the balcony, and my dad left for work. my mom was already at work and didn't know i'd be waiting for her when she gets home!

so my sister and i wrapped some gifts, got some fresh flowers and made lemon brownies 🍋🎂🧁

E0BC97E1-CBEB-481C-8F1F-A298C4B7E9E3.jpeg

the glaze hadn't set yet on this photo but the little deco specs look so nice here 😍

i brought my laptop there so i worked for a couple of hours while my sister read a book for uni. parents came home from work and i jumped from behind a wall and yelled haaappppyyy bdaaayyyy at my mom, she was shocked but very happy 🥳🥳🥳

we ordered takeaway and chatted for hours. i walked home and came to a feverish bf. his colleague has covid and all the others including my bf were tested, and they were negative. however now he feels shaky and he has a fever. i got the first dose of the vaccine and his test was neg so really not sure what to think at this point? 🤷🏻‍♀️ i feel bad for him he's constantly ill!

so i'm just about to make him some tea and just chill for the rest of the evening. i hope he wakes up feeling fine and i hope you all have a nice friday evening!

• Heart
@Nolongerjustalurker Love the colour and the style of your bike. I would love a new bike. Sadly my mountain bike is rusting away in the garage, needs a complete overhaul really. Now buried beneath a mountain of god-knows-what. 😩 I think bikes with a basket on the front look so nice.

French beans squeak when you eat them. I used to called them squeaky beans. 🤣🤣
Oh my god thank you!! I have never met anyone else who called them squeaky beans. We called them squeakers when I was growing up and a few years ago I was talking about roast dinners at work and I mentioned having squeakers.

My colleague was like what? So I was like “squeakers”. And he was like what? I literally thought that’s what they were called 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hi everyone! Happy Friday 🥳

My Nana came over for her birthday, she was really spoilt! We ordered Chinese food and I brought the cake out what I got from Tesco. I was going to bake one but this one from Tesco had dolly mixtures on top and they’re her favourite sweet 🙂

4C092013-FECB-4928-85FF-763856B94D22.jpeg

Totally giving her age away, sorry nana 🤣

I’m so full from all the food! Going to have a shower and do skincare then go to bed! Rock n roll!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Well yesterday I was impressed with the shed company, they sent the missing parts by courier. Blimey, thought I would have to wait days for them. 😂

Today has been a bit of a odd day. Woke up with a stomach ache and felt all windy and weird, acid attacks. Out came the Gaviscon. It’s probably my own fault as I have been eating more sugary things again lately, just can’t help myself. So I will be back on the herbal teas again and hoping for the best. I recently had a stool test - don’t laugh, well go on then, as I know you will - I probably would an all. 🤣🤣 Anyway, the stool test came back negative, it was to test for Helicobactor pylori and an antigen. Now when I last spoke with my Doctor, she said if the test was okay, then she would put me on Lanzoprazole to sort out the acid attacks and reflux. But I won’t get to speak with her again until the end of the month. Meantime, I’m not getting these attacks as frequently...although I’ve spoken too soon with today’s painful tum. 😮😩

Had a blind man come over this afternoon, not an actual blind man, someone to see me about conservatory blinds. 🤣 Reminds me of that joke: A woman is having a shower when the doorbell rings. She gets out to answer the door, but can’t find her towel, so peeks through the blinds. Standing at the front door is a man wearing sunglasses and a shirt which reads BLIND MAN. “Well” she thinks, “doesn’t matter about the towel” and answers the door naked.

The man says, “Nice tits lady, I’m here to fix your blinds.” 🤣🤣

Anyhow it didn’t quite pan out like that, thank Christ, cos he was a bid of a weirdo. 🤣 But he wanted to charge me nearly 7 grand for roof blinds. 😮 I nearly hit the roof! 🤣 I told him my conservatory shutters didn’t cost that much and they’re made out of stronger stuff. Managed to get the price down a lot more, but honestly, what a bloody rip off for a few pleated blinds. He said they are made of silk, I said they should be made of gold for that price! 😂

• Haha
Well yesterday I was impressed with the shed company, they sent the missing parts by courier. Blimey, thought I would have to wait days for them. 😂

Today has been a bit of a odd day. Woke up with a stomach ache and felt all windy and weird, acid attacks. Out came the Gaviscon. It’s probably my own fault as I have been eating more sugary things again lately, just can’t help myself. So I will be back on the herbal teas again and hoping for the best. I recently had a stool test - don’t laugh, well go on then, as I know you will - I probably would an all. 🤣🤣 Anyway, the stool test came back negative, it was to test for Helicobactor pylori and an antigen. Now when I last spoke with my Doctor, she said if the test was okay, then she would put me on Lanzoprazole to sort out the acid attacks and reflux. But I won’t get to speak with her again until the end of the month. Meantime, I’m not getting these attacks as frequently...although I’ve spoken too soon with today’s painful tum. 😮😩

Had a blind man come over this afternoon, not an actual blind man, someone to see me about conservatory blinds. 🤣 Reminds me of that joke: A woman is having a shower when the doorbell rings. She gets out to answer the door, but can’t find her towel, so peeks through the blinds. Standing at the front door is a man wearing sunglasses and a shirt which reads BLIND MAN. “Well” she thinks, “doesn’t matter about the towel” and answers the door naked.

The man says, “Nice tits lady, I’m here to fix your blinds.” 🤣🤣

Anyhow it didn’t quite pan out like that, thank Christ, cos he was a bid of a weirdo. 🤣 But he wanted to charge me nearly 7 grand for roof blinds. 😮 I nearly hit the roof! 🤣 I told him my conservatory shutters didn’t cost that much and they’re made out of stronger stuff. Managed to get the price down a lot more, but honestly, what a bloody rip off for a few pleated blinds. He said they are made of silk, I said they should be made of gold for that price! 😂
My boyfriend gets really bad acid reflux. He pops Rennies & Gaviscon like their crack

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.