What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats on the home @Meangirl815 thats amazing!

Hugs to everyone else I’m too knackered to tag everyone 😂😂

Today was same old really - work/school run/lunchtime walk to spy on my geese babies (all still there and doing well). Did my covid lateral flow test (negative). Took little ‘un out on his bike after school. He was then in a pain in the arse mood afterwards so spellings and reading were a battle. He’s still fighting sleep now and I’m ready for an early night so don’t think il have anything exciting to report tonight! Cuppa and some Easter egg in a bit I think though. Roll on weekend, getting used to school run/work juggling after a break is tiring.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
OMG!! OMG!!

The best thing ever happened today. I am in shock. Absolute shock.
My husband works in from work at 4.55 at 5pm his phone rang. The council offering us a new property. Totally out of the blue, we've never bid on this house. It's like fate. We can't get a look inside yet as the council are working on it but we took a walk around (it's minutes from where we are now) and guys it's beautiful 😍😍 I have fallen in love. It's my forever home.
Seperate dining room, upstairs bathroom. Both of which we don't have here. This house is lovely but it's small and in 10 yrs time I'm going to have a 15,16 and 17yr old inhabiting the place 🤣🤣

And the garden is HUGE.

I'm so happy right now.
I want to show you a pic of the house but not sure if i can 🙈🙈
I'm made up for you - that's wonderful news!

---

Today has been a good day overall. Still had moments of sadness about things from yesterday but nowhere near as devastated as I was. I promised you guys that I'd try to believe in my capabilities more and kick myself into gear and today has been my most productive day, probably all year.

Managed to focus really well at work. Still drifted a bit and things could be faster but much better than it has been. Had a nice chat about the footy.
After work went for a two hour walk. I completed 13 whole new streets on City Strides (and progressed a bunch more). My knees/ankles/feet are killing but it took them longer to hurt this time so I think they're getting a bit more used to walking.
Got back and still had a bunch of energy so spent 90 minutes cleaning/sorting - I've tidied (generally), put my winter clothes away, hoovered, dusted and scrubbed the walls and the place is back to landlord standard so I'm buzzing. Still got some more stuff I want to do but that can wait.
Food wise I haven't had tea yet (only just stopped) but will have had three proper meals today, ended up in a deficit and had five servings of fruit/veg (okay... technically only three types but five servings worth).

Now I will eat tea and do some gaming - I started Stardew Valley at lunch because everyone raves about it. I'm confused by it but I'm also intrigued.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@Meangirl815 Congrats on the new house, amazing news 🥳

@bolimepipi Hope you feel better soon ❤

@jarv I've been running on and off the last couple of years but never really been consistent with it, it's so hard. I'm determined to really up it his year though so we can try motivate each other 💪

Speaking of running I did my fastest ever run/pace yesterday morning which I was well chuffed with, though I'm really struggling with distance now that I've uped my speed. I'm either super slow but can go for ages or go speedy but need to keep stopping and cut the run short. I need to work on finding a happy medium.

Yesterday was an absolute scorcher, I was raging though as I hoped to get out to enjoy it on my lunch break but ended up too busy with work and spent any spare time doing laundry, cleaning etc. Then MrGP had the cheek to ask me what was for lunch assuming I was making it as usual I was well pissed, went on a long rant.... lunch, lunch you think I've got time to make you lunch in between doing my work, all the chores and picking up everything after you, I can't even get out to enjoy the bloody sun but oh no it's fine I'll stop what I'm doing and make you lunch 🤣

We did manage to get out a nice walk at night though and stopped for a couple of drinks outside to take advantage of the warmer weather. I cba cooking when we got home so had a freezer dinner of pepperoni flatbread, garlic bread and chips and watched some Criminal Minds.

Just had a massive thunderstorm here and that's about all to report from my boring day today 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Meangirl815 great news!

Busy couple of days here. Yesterday was work followed by getting my nails done for the first time since lockdown. And today I had my hair cut for the first time since July, I feel like a new woman!

We are doing loads of work on the house at the moment, and luckily DH has been finishing work a bit early these last few days so he’s been able to crack on with stuff. Got loads of plastering to do which he has made a start on. Which means I am plastering assistant, washing out buckets, cleaning up after etc. There’s so much to do but we’re getting there slowly. It’s just all the mess that drives me nuts!

Found a ceiling light to order and need to choose a new curtain pole. This room was last decorated about 14 years ago so it’s all very exciting to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm made up for you - that's wonderful news!

---

Today has been a good day overall. Still had moments of sadness about things from yesterday but nowhere near as devastated as I was. I promised you guys that I'd try to believe in my capabilities more and kick myself into gear and today has been my most productive day, probably all year.

Managed to focus really well at work. Still drifted a bit and things could be faster but much better than it has been. Had a nice chat about the footy.
After work went for a two hour walk. I completed 13 whole new streets on City Strides (and progressed a bunch more). My knees/ankles/feet are killing but it took them longer to hurt this time so I think they're getting a bit more used to walking.
Got back and still had a bunch of energy so spent 90 minutes cleaning/sorting - I've tidied (generally), put my winter clothes away, hoovered, dusted and scrubbed the walls and the place is back to landlord standard so I'm buzzing. Still got some more stuff I want to do but that can wait.
Food wise I haven't had tea yet (only just stopped) but will have had three proper meals today, ended up in a deficit and had five servings of fruit/veg (okay... technically only three types but five servings worth).

Now I will eat tea and do some gaming - I started Stardew Valley at lunch because everyone raves about it. I'm confused by it but I'm also intrigued.
@AnderbeauJohnson Sounds like you had a lovely and productive day :) I keep hearing people talking about City Strides recently - I'm tempted to download it but fear I might get a bit obsessed with trying to colour/fill it all in.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@AnderbeauJohnson Sounds like you had a lovely and productive day :) I keep hearing people talking about City Strides recently - I'm tempted to download it but fear I might get a bit obsessed with trying to colour/fill it all in.
I love it, it helps me to not get bored by just walking the same route round the estate day after day and I keep discovering random little things I never knew about this city - today I discovered a small wood that I had no idea was within walking distance.

The only downside is so many cul-de-sacs 😄 I've had a couple of curtain twitchers wonder what I'm doing walking in, round and straight back out of their street.

I can see why you might get worried about obsessing over it, but for me that hasn't been a problem so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
thank you for the well wishes as always 💛
i forgot to add that i decided today that i will quit my job after this season is done (that would be november). unless there is some big change during the season, i have to do it. it's only bringing me negative things... no one even cares that i'm ill, they are just giving me more stressful and overwhelming things to deal with. i'm so done with the whole passive aggressive show!

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
thank you for the well wishes as always 💛
i forgot to add that i decided today that i will quit my job after this season is done (that would be november). unless there is some big change during the season, i have to do it. it's only bringing me negative things... no one even cares that i'm ill, they are just giving me more stressful and overwhelming things to deal with. i'm so done with the whole passive aggressive show!
Your wedding planning?! You're soo good at it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@bolimepipi I think a change of jobs sounds like it can only be a positive thing for you! A job just really isn't worth the damage to your mental health and wellbeing ❤ I hope you find the right thing for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Your wedding planning?! You're soo good at it 😭
aww thank you 💛 i do want to give it another chance with this season, plus i would never just leave my couples before their wedding! but unless some things change on the inside of the company it's just not good for me :(

@bolimepipi I think a change of jobs sounds like it can only be a positive thing for you! A job just really isn't worth the damage to your mental health and wellbeing ❤ I hope you find the right thing for you!
thank you! 💛 it's really impacting me a lot, but it could also be covid, wfh and things like that. my boss is also very stressed but she's not providing me with any help or assurance. we'll see if some actual weddings this summer will change this!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
aww thank you 💛 i do want to give it another chance with this season, plus i would never just leave my couples before their wedding! but unless some things change on the inside of the company it's just not good for me :(
I'm sorry they're treating you so poorly, that's awful. Are there any other companies that do wedding (or event) planning nearby you could put feelers out for?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm sorry they're treating you so poorly, that's awful. Are there any other companies that do wedding (or event) planning nearby you could put feelers out for?
there are! but it's a small city so i wouldn't do it in advance because it would get to my boss within a day probably :D i also did/do other things which i would then maybe focus on more.

sorry i didn't mind to derail the thread a lot! i wanted to put it out there so that i can hold myself accountable 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Got up at 8.30 went to dentist at 9.40 for 2 fillings one on each side at the bottom. The dentist made a joke ( well I think it was a joke ) about doing them without an injection . I said no thanks and he proceeded to do the biggest filling I have ever had on one side !!
Spent the rest of the morning trying to think of a way to have a cup of t with a wobbly mouth, eventually had a brilliant idea of using a straw!
Spent the afternoon marshalling old people at the vaccination hub
Now exhausted on the chair ( I am 66)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Leaving your job is a big step @bolimepipi but you have to think of your future and mental health! I’ve left 2 jobs now because they were grinding me down! I’m sure you will make the best decision 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Evening guys! Got up and had a burst of energy. Got some washing etc done. Sat in the garden with the cats then suddenly was so so tired so went for a lie down hoping to nap. Didn’t happen. So got up and mad a banging dinner from the mango salsa I made last night. I marinated the chicken in lime and various spices griddled it in my pan and served with spicy rice mango salsa, salad and a coconut and lime dressing. Was yum! This evening I’ve been so bored and miserable I’ve downloaded tinder and immediately hated it as I knew I would... no idea why I did it to be honest.
@Meangirl815 that’s such amazing news you just bouncing off the walls!
@bolimepipi I was worrying about you being super rough as you weren’t on. I hope today is the worst job get. Just try and relax.
Anyone that can go running in the day time hats off to you! I have to wait till it’s dark as I’m so crap and probably run like phoebe going to go for one tomoz and start coach to 5k again. I can feel weight creeping back on.
sleek well beauties xxx

thank you! 💛 it's really impacting me a lot, but it could also be covid, wfh and things like that. my boss is also very stressed but she's not providing me with any help or assurance. we'll see if some actual weddings this summer will change this!
If we’ve learnt anything from this disaster of a year, it’s that life is too short, mental health is fragile and to put yourself first. Lots of love as it’s never an easy decision to make xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@bolimepipi aww, can you still help me plan my wedding one day in the future when i’ve done trying to clear up the mess the OG wedding (and then postponement!) left us in? 😂♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@under the ivy @OutrageouslyScarlet thank you for the support! 💛 aw it's so cute that you worried about me 🥺
@nbt for you, always :D i swear i think of your wedding venue at least once a week!! any progress on that front? 💛
Unfortunately not yet. Our next step is mediation with the venue, sounds fun! 😐

I’m pleased to have a bit of a break from dealing with it though while we wait to be honest.

Thank you for asking 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@nbt TWD has got so crap, series 1-4 were great though! I wish Negan had been brought in earlier coz he is hot as hell 🤤 Also I'm with you on the huge walks over going for a run any day!
@Meangirl815 congrats on the house news, thats fantastic 👏🏻
@bolimepipi awwwww look at Roisin watching the outdoors, what a little blob 🥰 I've started calling Matty "blob" as a nickname so much that he responds to it like his name! Hope you feel better soon. And definitely leave your job, your colleagues don't seem very nice or supportive to you. I used to work in an office like that and it was complete relief when I left!! Maybe you can come back and plan my wedding when I eventually marry my fave rapper 🤪🤣
@AnderbeauJohnson glad you're feeling better, was thinking about you today
@OutrageouslyScarlet do you have a recipe for your mango salsa? I'd love to try and make it 👩🏻‍🍳

I've been so FLOPPY today, you know when you just feel tired as hell with no energy. Also I never know where my evenings go!! It'll get to 6pm and I'll blink and suddenly it's nearly midnight.

Before work started, I walked down to the Samsung store to get myself a new charger since I realised on the train home yesterday that I'd left my charger at work 🤦🏻‍♀️ There was no way in hell I wanted to travel 1.5hrs back and spend money on a train just to fetch my nearly broken charger so I thought I'd get a new one. Atleast I have the old one for work and taking on holidays and the new one for home!

WFH was dull - I'm never productive the day after being in the office and having a big meeting. To be honest, what I acheived all day I could have done in a couple of hours on a speedy day 😬 I watched Pointless after work with a slice of banana bread then I had a zoom call with the sustainability volunteer group I'm part of. It was sooooo boring this month, I honestly wanted to nap instead, as it was more of a recap for the number of people who missed the last meeting. Nothing new was really said so felt like a bit of a waste of time.

The gym has gone nuts - people must have all had the same thought of "the first week back at the gym will be crazy so I will wait for the first week to pass by and then go in the second week, when the hype has died down". Because of this, it meant that even past 8pm when it's normally quieter, the gym had around 150 people in it 💀 I didn't have much luck getting the equipment I wanted so I felt like my workout wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Ah well, atleast I did something I suppose? I also saw one of my gym crushes - he's this guy with amazing curly hair thats always in a man bun and he wears shorts and usually a Metallica t-shirt of some kind. However, he very often has a lollypop in his mouth when lifting tho that kind of gives me the ick 😫 He was laughing with a pretty girl today which reminded me I really need more gym clothes. The girls in my gym always have nice outfits on, it's so intimidating. And then there's me in my grubby anime t-shirts trying not to fart whilst doing hip thrusts 😑

I popped to Aldi to pick up my dinner - a halloumi burger - and then had a smoothie whilst I watched the last half of Sewing Bee. I washed my hair really late so now I have to go to sleep with wet hair (I don't know how to use my hairdryer properly for styling so I just air dry it)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.