What have you done today? #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@under the ivy so pleased your brother now gets a little break, he’s doing amazing.

@OutrageouslyScarlet what a beaut that boy is. I’m liking Hero for a name 😍 those espresso martinis also look bloody good.

Hello loves!

Ooh it’s been a while, I’ll have to do another little summary!

Mon - work meeting which went fine in the end. Was nice to see people in real life again. Everyone seemed on top form really and it was a good atmosphere.

Tues - went to see my friend and went out for a walk

Wed to Fri - all rolled into one with work. Although nothings going right work wise at the moment. You know when nothing’s an easy task? 🙄

Yesterday we went to my mums and then today we’ve had big sort outs in the kids rooms so they’re looking nice and tidy. I still need to sort the games cupboard out though but that’ll be easier without everyone else in the house!

We put the tree up this evening so now I’m feeling festive AF. Even had a mulled wine 🥰

I’ve flexed an extra day off this week so I’m going to have two days doing housework and then the final day making a start on wrapping 🎅🏼

Sending lots of love to you ho, ho, hoes

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Glad your brother’s getting through his treatment OK @under the ivy . What a champ! ❤

What a beautiful dog @OutrageouslyScarlet. I agree, he looks like a Hero, so excited for him to have his forever home with you! ☺

@nbt I got Craig David vibes from your summary. 🎧 🤣

It’s f-reeeeeeeee-zing. We’re in the minuses here, guys. I can’t feel my toes. 🥶

Yesterday we went into town, bought some little bits for Christmas that we still had to get (we’re practically done just need to wrap them), had a browse round some shops and bought the kids some new Winter jackets. Then we had dinner out which was delicious - kids got to run around at the little soft play area at the restaurant. Had a chill night watching Strictly and then OH and I stuck on the new Bond film. I was so annoyed because my mum spoiled it for me earlier in the week. Was still good though! 🙃

Today was the food shop day, we hit up Aldi and Asda, got everything we needed then came home to warm up. Made a roast for dinner with all the trimmings, it was fab-u-lous. 😋

I’ve just finished organising the kids’ stuff for school and nursery tomorrow. Praying we don’t get any more snow yet as we’ll be skiing down the hill to school on the morning if it does. 😬 Going to do a big clean this week and get the Christmas tree and decorations up on Saturday. I have a hair appointment on Sunday which I’m really looking forward to as my hair hasn’t been cut since April. I’m like Cousin Itt at the moment.

Hope you’re all keeping well. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bit cold int it!

Went to de-snow my car this morning and sat with the heater on for a good half an hour to get it moving. It was PACKED on. I haven’t driven anywhere today like 😅

Been writing a chapter of my PhD today - man it’s hard. Spoke to my friend to confirm some plans for dinner out this week. Told her about my date and I reckon she is more excited 😂 I mean I’m excited but I’m a bit like, ok this is happening 🙃

I’m taking tomorrow afternoon off to get my nails sorted (broken a load) and attempt some Christmas shopping at a shopping centre near me.

Hope you’ve all had good Mondays and managed to stay warm!

• Heart
Exciting about your date @under the ivy - I know it isn’t until the weekend but I hope it goes well. You deserve a little happiness after the year you’ve had ☺ ❤

I’m still full of cold, my nose and ears are so congested - it’ll be like this all the way to April no doubt. Just got to get on with it though! :(

It was really frosty this morning, no snow but did almost deck it on some black ice walking the kids to school. 😥

My little one decided to take a danger nap right as dinner was being sorted. He must’ve had a busy day at nursery. Eldest is reciting the 5 times table to me at the moment and earlier he was telling me all about how global warming is melting the ice in the polar regions. I love it when he tells me all about what he’s learning in school because usually it’s like trying to draw blood from a stone. 😂

Having a big plate of pasta for dinner and then I’m going to get the kids ready for bed. No I’m A Celeb again tonight…tbh I think they should just pull the whole show this year it’s not been the same since they stopped going to the jungle. I’ll probably catch up with soaps or some other rubbish instead. What a life! 🙄

Hope you’re all keeping safe and well in these times ❤

• Heart
Ayoooo,

I feel like I’ve a good Monday which has kind of surprised me because I felt a bit negative last week.

I’ve been watching Angela Black today whilst having a sort out. So I’d said last year that I’ve done a little activity advent for the boy for 3/4 years now. I wasn’t planning on doing it this year, was just going to get the usual bits out (Christmas books etc), but he’d mentioned it so I’ve done it, ha. I’ve hardly bought anything for it though! It’s either sales stuff I’d picked up last year or little bits. For the first few days he’s got a shark water bottle and Santa snack pot he can use for school, then Elf snot bubble bath and at the weekend I’m gonna make him up a little breakfast box and hopefully find some Christmas doughnuts 🤞🏻 so yeah, I sorted the first few days of that.

Then I pulled out everything from the boys games/toy cupboard and cleared some space. I.e was very ruthless and got rid of loads of stuff that doesn’t get used anymore.

He’s got his Victorian day tomorrow so he’s got his outfit out ready and his pack up to take. It’s got to be a Victorian style lunch too!

I’ve finished another of my library books which was a good read. I’m following Paige Toon’s readathon she posted on IG (a book a month) and I managed to get the next four months worth on the library app AND they’re all available for me to borrow during the months I need them! So basically someone has already reserved them now but I have reserved them when they’ll be available which is the exact times I should be needing them. I find that very sadly satisfying 😅

Anyway soz, long post. A year on and I still find it really therapeutic writing my day 🥰

• Heart
Ayoooo,

I feel like I’ve a good Monday which has kind of surprised me because I felt a bit negative last week.

I’ve been watching Angela Black today whilst having a sort out. So I’d said last year that I’ve done a little activity advent for the boy for 3/4 years now. I wasn’t planning on doing it this year, was just going to get the usual bits out (Christmas books etc), but he’d mentioned it so I’ve done it, ha. I’ve hardly bought anything for it though! It’s either sales stuff I’d picked up last year or little bits. For the first few days he’s got a shark water bottle and Santa snack pot he can use for school, then Elf snot bubble bath and at the weekend I’m gonna make him up a little breakfast box and hopefully find some Christmas doughnuts 🤞🏻 so yeah, I sorted the first few days of that.

Then I pulled out everything from the boys games/toy cupboard and cleared some space. I.e was very ruthless and got rid of loads of stuff that doesn’t get used anymore.

He’s got his Victorian day tomorrow so he’s got his outfit out ready and his pack up to take. It’s got to be a Victorian style lunch too!

I’ve finished another of my library books which was a good read. I’m following Paige Toon’s readathon she posted on IG (a book a month) and I managed to get the next four months worth on the library app AND they’re all available for me to borrow during the months I need them! So basically someone has already reserved them now but I have reserved them when they’ll be available which is the exact times I should be needing them. I find that very sadly satisfying 😅

Anyway soz, long post. A year on and I still find it really therapeutic writing my day 🥰
What are you doing for the Victorian lunch? Gruel?

• Haha
You got it!

Ha, no 😂 he’s having jam and bread…basically a jam sandwich but the letter recommends jam and bread and makes it sound more Victorian 😅 cheese slices, an apple and biscuits.

Then he’s going to sneak in some contraband - crisps and a smoothie even though they are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN 💀 schools words, not mine.

• Haha
Hey 🙂

This morning I did emails for work then I drove to my nail appointment. Gone for a nude/pink with a slight shimmer in it ☺ Then I drove to a big shopping centre near me. I got really bad road rage on someone doing 30 on a 50 road

Shopping was a fail. Wanted to get most of my Christmas shopping but only got 3 presents and a pair of tights for myself 😂 Just going to stick to online shopping.

Hope your little boy enjoyed his Victorian day @nbt 🥰

• Heart
Happy Advent everyone 🎅🎄

That's me home now to start all the festivities! We flew overnight, landed at 7.30 this morning, got home at 8.45 and straight online for a full day of work so this has been me at my desk all morning.

The holiday was incredible, really loved all of it. We went to 4 of the different islands and loved them all in their own way. Felt like a lovely long break from work so was pretty gutted to come home but at least all the Christmas festivities to look forward to. I watched A Castle for Christmas on the flight back which was like a uber cheesy hallmark movie but it got me feeling nice and festive.

I was meant to do the first day of our advent calendar thing for Goofy Prince but never got round to sorting it before we went away oops - so thinking I'll either pop out soon to try and buy him a christmas ale or just put a note in it saying he can choose takeaway and a movie tonight or something. Will need to get thinking and organizing the other days too.

Sending love to everyone ❤

Oh and I got home to the good news that my visa extension has been approved 🥳 So not only can I stay here for a while longer but I can travel again so can take a trip home next year. During the extension processing you can't leave the country so I wasn't able to go home this year.

I feel like November was a good month for me, I'm feeling very lucky and happy ☺

Last edited:
  • Heart
Glad you had a good holiday @GoofyPrincess and fab news about your Visa 🥰

Had a good day today! Did a bit of work (yet more emails, that’s research recruitment for you). Met my friend for tea, it was so lovely to see her. We’ve hardly seen each other due to Covid and her being an army wife (moving all over the place). She’s back in England now so now I’ve got a car, I can see her more often ☺

I haven’t been sleeping well for a few nights so I’m hoping for an early-ish night! Hope everyone is good x

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess sounds like you had a great holiday and I’m so happy to hear about your visa 🥰 you did so well to get back from holiday and start work straight away too!

Also looking forward to hearing about your advent plans 👀 I have the Look Fantastic calendar and it was Kate Somerville cleanser today. I wrapped up a Shark water bottle for the boy for him to use for school.

95D675AC-9C63-4F16-B6C9-74F4E761AC5B.jpeg

Both the other half and I booked today off. We popped into town as I needed to pick up a parcel. I popped into New Look and bought a dress that I’m hoping to wear with tights and boots for a couple of nights out this month. Need to try it on properly with fat pants 😬

We came home via Maccys 👀 and put Wolf of Wall Street on.

I had a nap this evening. I NEVER nap usually but couldn’t keep my eyes open. I must have slept for about 2 hours on and off!

This evening we’ve finished watching WOWS and now I’m watching IAC but I’m just really not into it this year 😕

Gonna go to bed and read afterwards and hope I sleep 😂🤞🏻

• Heart
@under the ivy hope you had a better sleep last night

@nbt loving the look of the advent calendar for your boy! I feel a bit behind in my advent and general Christmas organisation this year because we were away so need to get on it asap. Hoping to fire through all my work this morning so I have some time to sort stuff this afternoon.

I had my Christmas playlist on last night while we unpacked and then watched The Family Stone and a Christmas episode of Friends so at least I'm feeling festive even if I'm not super organised yet!

• Heart
Hey kids!

Wet and windy here 🌧

This morning I woke up with a banging head, had it 2-3 days now. Felt a bit better once I got up though. I took the little one to Lego club at the library. The other half took the middle to try and get her a bank account set up which didn’t go to plan because they make it bloody hard work, even though he had both passports and a recent letter with his name on 🙄 I told the eldest that he had to choose who to go out with because he’s just spending his weekends on the PC. We don’t mind occasionally and will often let him stay here if we nip out, but he expects to do it all the time now and barely leaves the house for anything other than school. He chose to come with me and the boy and actually helped his brother with his lego whilst I read my book, so that was nice.

We went to Asda after as the eldest has been wanting to try Sushi for a while. So we got a couple of packs and tucked into that when we got home.

I’ve just dropped the youngest at his friends for the afternoon and have come upstairs to tidy the bedroom. There’s presents in boxes and under blankets, the Christmas tree box, other Christmas type boxes with ribbons, sacks, stockings etc. it’s not gonna be tidy for the rest of the year but it’s doing my head in so I’ve got to try and make it look a bit better somehow!

Having said that, I’ve also made myself a coffee and brought my book up so we’ll see how that actually goes 😂

Hope everyone’s well 🥰

• Heart
Happy weekend all!

I came down with a cold a couple of days ago - did a covid test and it was negative and just did another again there which was also negative so all good on that front. I’m meeting friends tonight and tomorrow so wanted to make sure.

Looked out all our little festive bits so the place is starting to look Christmasy and going to get our tree tomorrow which is always me favourite day of the season🎄

Having a lazy morning so far sorting out summer clothes to put away and pulling down winter clothes and some work dresses as going to try and go into the office more.

Going to shower soon, head out for some food then tidy some more this afternoon and move some stuff around to make room for the tree.

Then tonight I’m going out for dinner and drinks with the girls I run with which should be fun 😃

So far for the advent thing I’ve taken Mr GP to his favourite beer bar for a pint (I usually always refuse to go because they only serve beer and I don’t like beer!), have bought a few single Christmas ales which I’ll spread out over a few days, ordered 2 miniature legos - a mini Santa and Christmas tree, going to get silly Christmas socks, get a cookie from his favourite place …. Not sure what else yet 🤔 That should sort a good few days though and I only have 12 to do as we alternate days for each other.

Sending love and festive cheer 💗 🎅🏼

• Heart
Great minds on the festive Lego @GoofyPrincess - today’s advent for the boy was a Lego penguin 🐧 it’s very cute! I’ve also got the Nutcracker and then got a freebie Santa’s house thing which will be another day.

Where is Mr GP’s favourite cookie place? When we were there in 2016 someone recommended Levain’s to us. I smelt it before I saw it 🤤 bloody amazing.

Also out of interest, how is the American Museum of Natural History known over there? As it’s quite a mouthful 😂 I feel like I would just say Natural History Museum, same as London!

Hope you enjoy your dinner and drinks and don’t suffer with your cold too much ♥

• Heart
Happy Saturday all!
Yesterday was a bloody nightmare, I went out for sushi Thursday night, it was sooo good, then stayed at my exes Thursday night, had such a nice chilled morning and didn’t get up till nearly 11. Left his to grab some shopping I needed before hopping off n the train, got a smart plug so I can tell Alexa to turn the Christmas off, as usually it involved climbing under the tree and hoping I don’t smash anything.. got myself a naughty little Christmas maccys then walked to the station, oh brilliant here’s a signalling issue for the next few hours.. went back to exes and watched some tv he took me to the station later, the train was rammed so didn’t get a seat.. which meant I missed the announcement that the train was splitting. Ended up in Bournemouth so had to get another train back.. got off the train it’s raining.. 🙄no taxis so by the time I got home I was frozen and it took hours to warm up!
I’ve had the laziest day ever another early night for me. As the animals woke me up all night. Everyone have a wine for 3 for me! ❤

• Heart
Great minds on the festive Lego @GoofyPrincess - today’s advent for the boy was a Lego penguin 🐧 it’s very cute! I’ve also got the Nutcracker and then got a freebie Santa’s house thing which will be another day.

Where is Mr GP’s favourite cookie place? When we were there in 2016 someone recommended Levain’s to us. I smelt it before I saw it 🤤 bloody amazing.

Also out of interest, how is the American Museum of Natural History known over there? As it’s quite a mouthful 😂 I feel like I would just say Natural History Museum, same as London!

Hope you enjoy your dinner and drinks and don’t suffer with your cold too much ♥
Yea it’s Levain’s he loves!! They are amazing I must admit - I may get myself one too! They started seeking frozen versions you bake in the oven at home in Whole Foods/other grocery stores recently which are good but not quite the same as a fresh one from the store.

I call it the Museum of Natural History - not sure if that’s technically right but think that’s what most people call it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1