What have you done today? #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

It’s nice to see some updates 😃

I had a pretty good week. Had a nice festive night out going to a big band holiday jazz concert, had a nice meal and took in the festive atmosphere of the city. Also had a few cozy nights at home drinking fizz, stuffing my face and watching tv 😊

Things have kind of turned here quite quickly the last couple of days and lots of place are shutting down so we cancelled most of our plans for this weekend. It’s not all bad though - going to make burgers and mimosas for brunch soon, watch a Christmas movie, have a few drinks at our home Christmas pop up bar 🤣 and get a takeaway with another movie tonight so all in still a pretty good day I would say 😃

Sending love to everyone 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Morning everyone, hope you’re all ok and had lovely weekends!

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday, massive relief. Driving my car to the garage this morning… fingers crossed it gets sorted!

5 more sleeps!

• Heart
Good morning!

Oof, I’m tired 😴

We’ve been in York the last two days. We had a walk around, up to the Minster, along the wall and went to the railway museum. We were staying in an apartment so the kids enjoyed that. We had tea out Sunday night and then walked back down the Shambles when it was quieter and I took some nice pictures 📸

Yesterday we went to the outlet where Winter Wonderland was. Umm, yeah slightly disappointing! The generator had broken so there were no rides whatsoever and then we were hanging around for ages waiting for our ice skating time. But when it came to that it was pretty fun and it did feel festive outside in the dark with Christmas songs 🎅🏼 it was all going well until about 5 minutes before we got off and these two teen dickheads boys skated into me and knocked me on my arse 😅 I was soaked through! I’d been holding the boys hand and somehow he managed to stay standing and was like…

giphy.gif

I twisted my arm back and it was fine at the time but now my shoulder hurts and I’m feeling sorry for myself 🎻

I wish we had a day in doing nothing today but we’re going to a friends. I’m manifesting a nice calm day but I don’t think it’ll happen 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I bet York looked magical @nbt What a ‘Shambles’ about Winter Wonderland though! Hope you got my York reference 😂

I’m wrapping presents this morning and I’m not stopping until they’re all done! I’m on leave now until January so I feel slightly more relaxed. Just wish it wasn’t Christmas tbh.

• Heart

Only a few days left till Christmas!!

I'm pretty gutted though as Friday is the only day off I have all holidays (apart from the weekends). For some reason my work are bringing the Christmas Day holiday forward this year to Friday, we never get Boxing Day here and they told us a few weeks ago we need to work the 3rd Jan (which would be our holiday for new years) :( Anyways I'm trying to make the most of it - hoping for a lot of quiet days where I can log off early.

I thought I had finished my Christmas shopping but had a sudden panic last night that I don't have enough for Goofy Prince so think I might try and get to the shops to get something else 😬 I (probably stupidly) bought him 2 weekends away in January (one for Christmas present and one for birthday present) to go see sport but I'm worried we might have to cancel now with the way things are going here so will feel bad if that's the case. Think that's why I feel I need to go out and get more for him!

We started our food shopping today. Went to Whole Foods and stock up on all the good junk food - mostly lots of crisps, popcorn, biscuits etc. Still need to go to the butcher/deli place for our meat and cheeses and to the local grocery store for veg etc so will do that over the next couple of days. It's hard trying to buy lots of food without a car - they're only so much I can carry!

I stupidly made the mistake of buying a big thing of eggnog milk despite the fact I've never tried eggnog anything before. Just made myself a latte with it and was not a fan :sick:

All of our friends have already or are about to leave the city for the holidays and lots of our local bars/restaurants have shut down so will be a quiet festive period for us but as long as I have Christmas movies, music and lots of good food and fizz I'm happy so still really looking forward to the next week ☺

Hope you are all doing well and managing to keep your spirits up 💛

• Heart
Ayoooo Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

Currently writing this in the hairdressers while I’ve got hair dye on my head! Glossy hair for Christmas.

My car has been fixed which I’m super pleased about. But I can’t go collect it until after Christmas. Good job I’ve got a courtesy car as I’m pretty much my family’s taxi driver over Christmas 😂

Having a Zoom do later with some mates where we’re going to open our Secret Santas! Got the wine ready chilling at home for it, gonna be fun 😊

• Heart
Haven’t posted here in a while - my head has been all over the place the last few weeks and I’ve been trying to sort it out. I find this time of year very hard and my mental health took a nosedive to the point where it was a struggle just to make myself get dressed some days. However, I’m organised, I’m calm now and trying my best to enjoy the festivities.

The boys are really excited for the big man in red coming. Eldest has been on the Santa Tracker since earlier and keeps telling me where he is now. Littlest is just very hyper, running around and causing carnage as usual. The kitten has been constantly trying to scale the Christmas tree and between her and littlest constantly taking off the baubles, I can’t wait to toss it back up in the loft. 😂 😩

Had a little get together with friends last night, to have drinks and exchange gifts. It really helped perk me up a lot and I got a beautiful Joules scarf which I love and can’t wait to wear. 🥰

Today is just a chilled day now that all the cleaning is done, presents wrapped and Christmas food bought.

Hope you lovely lot have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2022 ❤🥂 🎄 🎅🏻

• Heart
Happy Christmas Eve 🎅🏼🎄

We went to Dyker Heights last night which is an area where the locals go all out with the Christmas lights and decorations 🎄 Was lovely walking around seeing all the houses done up, was bloody freezing though 🥶 Here’s a few pics!

1DD4A057-58D9-4269-B7BC-9FBF8B9D9C30.jpeg
2FA1985A-7DBC-4E69-9811-06A3ABE7A1E3.jpeg
2182B1D6-2494-4EEC-8C91-CFB66A8DD9C7.jpeg

We’re about to head out to a deli to get fresh meats, cheese etc then going to make Scottish style lentil soup for tomorrow’s starter. Then plan to go a long walk in park and back home for an Indian takeaway and Christmas movie 😊

Merry Christmas for tomorrow ❤

• Heart
Annnnd breath!
I’ve done everything for Christmas this year alone for both our house and my grandmothers, I am done in. Done all the shopping either on foot or on my bike, I must have some hidden guns somewhere in my arms 😂
Now to just make a three course meal tomorrow. If I’m not pissed by 1pm I’ll be annoyed.
I’m doing scallops with cauliflower purée and tiny little chunks of black pudding, then turkey will all the trimmings and panna cotta with red wine stewed cherries on top.
@LittleMy i know the feeling I’ve really struggled mentally but thankfully I have some awesome friends who have picked me up a lot these last few weeks I feel super lucky ❤
I’ve totally over shopped for food so thankfully I won’t see a supermarket again till Jan 🎉
My cousin who I haven’t seen since I was 11 is coming to stay from the 27th so I’m actually really excited about that, but as an only child I’ll be tearing my hair out for peace and alone time by new year. House looks all lovely though, got some jobs to do tonight then an early night for me. Honestly next year I’m going away.. maybe alone 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Just popping on to say Happy Christmas ❤🎄 I hope you all have lovely days whatever you’re doing!

• Heart
Morning gang!

Merry Christmas! Can you still say that on Boxing Day? 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

I had such a nice day yesterday. Normally Christmas Day ain’t all that compared to other days, I think most people would tend to agree. But we’ve been so busy leading up to Christmas that I was determined for it to be total chill yesterday and it was ☺

The boy came in about 6.45 and he opened his stocking. He actually then went BACK TO SLEEP for about 1h30 😅 when we then went downstairs. So more present opening and we shared this chocolate brioche tree thing I’d got us from Aldi. Then it was present playing/cooking dinner. Dinner was really nice 😋 and I’d cooked extra so we can have leftovers today.

The two big kids came a while after and opened their presents and we had a short family Zoom.

I didn’t get dressed all day but did have a shower after dinner and got fresh PJs on, it was lush!

Last night we had profiteroles and played a kids version of Cards Against Humanity which was really fun. The kids went to bed about 11ish and then the other half and I had more snacks 👀 and watched 8oo10c before bed.

I’m making more of an effort today and actually getting dressed 😅 but still going to mainly chill. My mum and sister are coming later for a few games and food but other than that we’re just gonna lounge around 🥰

Hope you are all okay and had fab Christmases 🎅🏼♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hope everyone is enjoying Crimbo Limbo (what day is it again?).

I lost my voice yesterday. My mum thought it was great 😂 Spent my Boxing Day in bed mostly, but got up to make another Christmas dinner with leftovers.

Today I went to collect my car from the garage, so pleased to have it back! Love my little red car 🚗 Drove to Boots to get some throat stuff (voice is kinda back now) and went to see the guy I’m seeing… we’re exclusive now. I’ve never actually used that term before but I’m going with it! Things are going really well 🥰

Got my Covid booster tomorrow so fully prepared for it to wipe me out. Will get supplies in afterwards as we seem to have eaten all of the food?! Ah well that’s what Christmas is for innit!

Hope everyone is good x

• Heart
I've been contacted by NHS Test and Trace. It appears someone with Covid was on a flight I was on so I have to do Lateral Flow Tests till 2nd of January. Luckily, our local leisure centre was open today and gave me a pack of seven LFTs.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas❤This is my favourite part, it’s so much more chilled than the other days.
Christmas was quite nice, but exhausting and I adore my grandmother but she can be a difficult character..
I got some lovely presents and everyone seemed to like theirs from me.
My long lost cousin arrived yesterday, we watched some films and i made a nice pasta. I think today we are going to go for a walk and maybe pop to the pub. Lots of love to everyone on the thread xx

• Heart
Went for my Covid booster this morning! Didn’t feel too bad but I’ve been asleep for 2 hours with a headache, not sure if related 🙃

Did a food shop at Aldi and got party food bits for NYE. I’ve been invited out NYE to a thing called SubDub (warehouse rave 😅). Did all that in my student days so I’ll give it a miss 👵🏻

Chilled night for me. Up early to take the courtesy car back, let’s hope I have no accidents😂

• Heart
Hello hello 👋

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas :) I always find this time in between Christmas and NY a bit strange - almost feel like I'm just waiting for the NY to begin.

Goofy Prince has covid :( He wasn't feeling great the last couple of days so took a test yesterday and it was positive. He had a pretty bad night of it so hoping he gets over the worst of it soon. I'm currently fine but will test again over the next few days. So will be a quiet NY at home for us, but at least we got through Christmas! I got my booster on Monday and felt awful after that but almost back to normal now apart from a swollen arm and armpit.

I did some food planning and ordered a big food shop yesterday seeing as we need to isolate so quite excited for that to arrive later and to do some cooking over the next few days - sad I know 😂

I'm working all week - had a super easy Monday/Tuesday where I just lay on the couch with my laptop watching tv but then had a busy one yesterday, a solid 11 hours at my desk :( Today and tomorrow should be a bit easier though, hoping I can get all my work done in a couple of hours then chill and watch tv/movies.

Sending love to you all ❤

• Heart
Hope Goofy Prince feels better soon @GoofyPrincess

Hey everyone.

Drove to a place called Saltaire today. Had a wander around and went in Salts Mill - they’ve converted it into a gallery and shopping place. Was lovely!

I’m full of cold (not covid, been testing everyday 🙄) so not doing anything for the next few days. Seeing family on New Years Day for a roast, so hopefully I’ll be better for that.

Hope everyone is spending the last few days of 2021 well! What a(nother) year, eh! 🦠😷🥴

• Heart
Heyooo,

Oh no @GoofyPrincess 😬 hope GP doesn’t get any worse and you manage to avoid it too. I think it’s probably a case of when the rest of us get it, rather than if. Mind you, I think I said that a few months ago and as far as I know, we’ve all managed to avoid it so far. We’ll see.

Mon&Tues we lazed around at home, yesterday I worked but the OH took the boy out for some fresh air. We went out for a walk today and then for food. I’ve now set myself up at the table with my Lego and AirPods, so I’m going to get through some more of my audio book.

The last two nights I’ve not got to sleep til 3.30/2.30am so I’m hoping for better tonight! Hopefully the walk and fresh air will have helped.

Love to all ♥

• Heart
I've been watching Worzel Gummidge on BBC iPlayer for the last couple of days. It's pleasantly innocent and gentle entertainment.

Reactions: 1
Happy New Year 🥳

I have covid so had a bit of a crap one 😩 It was inevitable after Goofy Prince came down with it that I was going to get it too. I woke up feeling awful on Friday morning so perfect timing for NYE, just after I had recovered from the booster too. I was in bed before 9pm - woke up at midnight with all the fireworks going off so watched them from the window for a bit before going back to sleep. Felt really crap all weekend so didn't do anything apart from sleep lots and watch tv. Feeling super lethargic still but apart from that I'm much better now.

Going stir crazy though as we haven't left the apartment in 8 days now 😩 I'm starting to run out of clean PJs/comfy loungewear as we haven't wanted to do any laundry because it's a communal laundry room in our building complex. I might need to sanitize/mask up and go down at like 5am one day when no-one else is hopefully there to do a load soon.

We've not taken our tree/decorations down yet as we were both too wiped out at the weekend so will need to try and tackle that soon.

Hope you all had a better start to the NY than me!

• Heart