What have you done today? #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to hear that @GoofyPrincess :(
Hope you get well soon ❤

Also, Happy New Year everyone ❤🥂💥

Hope this year is better than the last few (trying not to get my hopes up).

My kids are back at school/nursery tomorrow so today is officially our last day of the holidays (OH is back WFH from today). A few stories had been going around the area saying that school holiday was to be extended for another 2 weeks - no word from the school or Scottish government about it so it’s obviously pish. Regardless mine will be turning up at the school gate anyway. 😂

The boys got a new TV for their bedroom as part of their Christmas and the usual toys and stuff so it’s been nice to have a bit of peace and quiet with them playing in their room instead of following me around while I’m trying to do housework or just have some peace and quiet to myself. I’ve probably just jinxed it though. 😂

Hope you’re all doing well and have had a lovely Christmas ❤ 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone havent posted in a while ive had covid in the last week still got blocked up nose and no taste

But today is my birthday and I've been spoiled! Got balloons and flowers all for full surprises

Hope everyone is well and hope this year is better for everyone to!

• Heart
Hope you are all on the mend soon ❤ Bloody covid

@Cocoflowers Happy birthday!

New year hasn’t really brought much so far, I hate January and February, it’s hibernation and misery central in this house 😂
The times I’ve ventured out everyone has annoyed me in shops etc.
I’m making a friends daughters birthday cake this week so I’ll share a picture when that’s done. She’s never had a proper birthday cake before so I’m doing it as a favour, but she does loads for me so it’s a pleasure!
My house is still full of cheese so gradually i am becoming something resembling a large mammal.. throw shamu back in the ocean!
Watch some classic 90’s movies in bed this morning, twister and jumanji ❤My little Greeks are cold so hibernating with me so that’s something. Keep safe everyone 💜look
At little Helios tucked in 💙

Attachments

• Heart
Happy birthday for yesterday @Cocoflowers - I’m sorry you were stuck with Covid! ☹

I think this thread needs to be renamed the Covid thread at the moment! 😬 hope everyone is doing at well as possible and not suffering too much ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hope you all feel better soon, can’t believe how many people are testing positive lately :(

Also happy belated birthday @Cocoflowers 🥳 🎂 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Eurgh January is delightful so far, the weather is vile. And soo windy here!
I made my friends daughters birthday cake yesterday and decorated it this morning, I’ve never done a drip cake before so it didn’t turn out perfect but first attempt I’m happy enough. She came and picked it up and her 9 year old daughter was thrilled, properly made me smile. She bought me a gorgeous bunch of flowers for doing it.

Attachments

• Heart
Had quite a chilled Sunday. Gym for two hours this morning, drove the dog the park, dropped a loaf off to my mum then came back and napped after watching some After Life.

Got a carpet cleaner yesterday and cracked that out this afternoon. Also got a Meaco so have cleaned all the windows (mould) and had it on all day, so shocked to see it collected 2L overnight. It smells so fresh now so I want to get another for downstairs, maybe next month.

Got two loads of washing to finish then going to cook spaghetti & meatballs for dinner because I’m craving it 🍝 Then finish After Life off with a few beers.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not been on here in ages ☺ Just work for me today then we’re having a casserole for dinner. Might stop in and see my parents on the way home!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Same I’ve not been here for ages either! I’ve missed writing my days 😂

not much here, I’m waiting for 111 to ring me back, the baby fell last night and he bled from his mouth, everything seemed okay but I just went in his room and noticed a bit of blood on the pillow so it’s well freaked me out 😞 so I rang 111 in a panic. He’s just having some crackers and cheese and a drink now. Hopefully it’s nothing but I just wanted to be sure he’s alright

other than that not much else for me today! Need to nip to Morrison’s at some point cos I bought the baby this lovely trackie and it’s still got the security tag on 😅 my fella said have you been on the rob! But no one came when the alarms went off I didn’t even think 😂 I got home and realised the tag was still on! I promise I paid for it 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Happy 300th day of January everyone 💤
@GoofyPrincess I hope you are ok, I miss your updates xx

January has been long boring and cold, my best friend came to stay last week and honestly it was too much. I cannot keep up with her Geordie thirst, so honestly it takes me a good few days to recover, we did have some fun though, beach walks and my favourite local pub, then a wine and cheese bar soho her uni friend, then a bottomless brunch😬ending how all bottomless brunches end. Badly 😂
I’ve been on a few dates with a doctor but he’s younger than me so it’s not going anywhere. Was fun though!
Hope the rest of January is kind to everyone. Roll on spring ☀

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@OutrageouslyScarlet what a view!
@watermelon sugar I hope baby melon is okay!

Felt like a day summary myself ✍ Woke up in a strange mood, went to work in a strange mood, got irritated by everyone and the afternoon was a mental mess, despite how little I had to do. Felt like everything was dragging, I've been home for a while but still sitting in my outside clothes :| The weather is nice and cold, makes walking much easier. I was supposed to go to the doctor's office today but couldn't make my appointment because the work wasn't finished on time. I'll have to reschedule which is a faff, but no matter... I had half a croissant after my dinner, now I'm trying to muster the energy to drag myself into the shower. Have a nice evening everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@lemonlime he is okay thank you ❤ He’s torn the gum in his mouth and it’s all swollen but there’s nothing they can do they just said it’ll heal by itself! I’m just glad he’s not knocked a tooth out or damaged one! Have a nice evening lovely 🤗

we’re going to have a McDonald’s for tea to treat mini for all his trauma 😅 he’s had a stressful day! Then probs an early night for me! Hope everyone is ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Glad mini watermelon is ok @watermelon sugar (y). Anyway I had to run some errands today then popped to Boots to get a mascara then went to Sainsburys for a bit of food shopping. Just watched Hustlers on Netflix I enjoyed it. Got a lasagne and chips in the oven then later I might watch some more Netflix because there is nothing on normal tv!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Glad all is well with mini Watermelon. 😊 @watermelon sugar

Nice to see this thread still active.

I had an appointment with a fella from Sharps Bedrooms. So he did some drawings for me and gave me a price…eeek! 🥴 Actually the price wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, but still expensive for what I want doing. My bedroom is an extension bedroom, over a garage and to be honest, I don‘t know what bugger designed it, but it has too many sloping ceilings, little to no storage and is frankly, shite! 🤣🙄 Even the guy from Sharps said it is a challenge and he laughed when I described it as shite! 🤣 He was as camp as a row of tents, but we did have a laugh. 😂

Hoovering, cleaning, washing for the rest of the day. Turned out to be a beaut of a day, no gardening because I was so tired from yesterday’s and the previous days gardening. 🌿🌷🌼

I still lead such an exciting life! 🤣😂

• Heart
Oh hey all 👋👋

We are in covid lockdown. 1/3 kids positive but as she's too young to be left home alone the other 2 also have time of school. Its been a long day 😂😂
The most exciting thing I've done all day was sharpen all the pencils. True story.

About to set up the switch ring fit though so things might improve

Hope everybody is doing well ❤

• Heart