What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really want to update but work has killed me off today and I'm so excited to go to sleep - I also really enjoyed reading this as the last thing before bed ... So for now,

Goodnight everybody πŸ’— hope you all sleep well and have a lovely day tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i didn't have time to update because i had another wedding yesterday so i spent the whole day running around and being a monica

the day started terribly as i got numerous phone calls from stressed out vendors who were doing things at the last minute just shouting at me, followed by numerous phone calls by said vendors apologizing πŸ˜… pissed me off but as soon as i saw the bride i felt better

overall the wedding was perfect, they were so happy and everyone was congratulating me for a job well done. this morning the bride sent me a really lovely message and it made me tear up πŸ˜… last night when she was drunk she told me she loved me tho hahaha that was funny

some parts were awkward because a guest was flirting very aggressively with me and he did it more and more as the night progressed/as he was getting more drunk - started off by asking if he could have a cigarette, then wanting to share the ashtray with me, then asking silly questions, then asking me for a dance, to actually begging the dj about 20 times to play a song i like (the dj knows me so he'd know which songs i like but i told him to pretend he can't play anything outside of the prepared playlist), almost forcing me to dance with him and kind of forcefully kissing me on the cheek/close to my neck 😳 everyone was drunk including the newlyweds but the groom rescued me on a few occasions by inviting me to do shots at the bar πŸ€«πŸ˜‚ anyway as i haven't really been going out due to covid obviously, i kind of forgot how to act in these situations? basically this guy had broken his leg and it was still recovering, he was limping a bit, so at some point i told him i'd break his other leg if he doesn't leave me alone, and then realized hmm maybe i shouldn't say that to someone at a client's wedding πŸ˜… anyway his response was 'mm you're difficult i love it' :rolleyes:

i had to vent somewhere about it i'm sorry that's really long!

anyway this morning i slept in a bit because i came home at 4 am last night, i did some emails over coffee, went out to make a few last payments and came back home to do more emails/paperwork/boring work stuff... 1 zoom call with clients, but had a few hours chilling as well & i also made a banging ravioli dish for lunch. i haven't had time for cooking recently at all so i really enjoyed that, makes me excited for winter when i have more time and i can try out new recipes 😊 tomorrow i have a tour & a really busy couple of days before a weekend away! 🌴

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Good morning all! I've got a spring in my step today, even though the weather is shite. Any type of weather is a lovely day if you have the right attitude, am I right gals? Any way have a lovely day all, and remember - the ignore button is a beautiful invention, ta ta for now x x x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@watermelon sugar Have I missed something?!

🌟 I have been to work, where a couple of my colleagues have been really irritating me!

🌟 Am sat outside but it keeps clouding over..

🌟 Not got anything planned for the rest of the day..trying to rest my knee as I twisted it at work and made it worse..

🌟 I am very boring! πŸ˜‚

We need more πŸ† on this thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
πŸ– Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
πŸ– I am loving life today! I am at work so it's not even an exciting day but I'm just having a good day :LOL:
πŸ– It's my anniversary and my other half has just sent me 12 red roses to work. I'm not the soppy kind but I really have hit the jackpot with him πŸ’›
πŸ– We've had confirmation that our house purchase should be proceeding within the next 2 weeks or so, so I've got that to look forward to. 🀞 It's all very exciting!!
πŸ– I've not really got much else to report. My day doesn't sound that exciting when I write it down but I just feel super happy today 🧑

Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Afternoon gang

I woke up at 7am this morning, thought no i won't get up yet, might have another hour. Woke up at 9.30 😳
Middle child was due at her godmothers at 10 am which is a 40min drive away. Whoops.
I'm in proper mood just because i had to run around like a mad woman as soon as i got out of bed.
Checked my sleep app and the full night was tit. Really poor quality sleep. Urgh.

Updated my info on here πŸ˜‰

Anyway. Middle child is now away for 3 nights. Having 2 kids at home instead of 3 just makes life so much easier.

Been to do a food shop. Have left the Mr to put it all away (worst job ever) the kids are upstairs on devices. And I'm reading through the menu to decide what I'm ordering from the takeaway tonight. Late anniversary meal since we had ZERO money yesterday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And that's all for now folks

Hope you are all good 😘

• Heart
  • Went to work
  • Felt really nauseous from the heat but got some stuff done
  • Got my second stage of my autism assessment in-person tomorrow after work and I'm already so nervous about it. It's with the MH nurse though so I'll mention my big mood swings recently and see if she has any suggestions. I don't know if it just a case that I was at such a low ebb for so long that I'm just not used to having emotions anymore and I'm getting carried away.

Something fun happened though - I want to eventually get to a place where I'm cooking/eating for fun and as a creative hobby rather than having food be a source of reward or punishment or numbing. I've always been pretty jealous of those box meals like Hello Fresh because they all say they're not suitable for nut allergy sufferers.

Well yesterday I saw an advert for Simply Cook which sends you three rubs/sauces/marinades/spice mixes per recipe and you buy the protein/sides/veg yourself... and they're all made in a nut-free factory! So I've ordered a trial box - four recipes for Β£3. I've gone with pretty simple ones with flavours I know I like to ease in... but it'll be interesting to play around with some new flavours/techniques/items!

#NotSpon

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well yesterday I saw an advert for Simply Cook which sends you three rubs/sauces/marinades/spices per recipe and you buy the protein/sides/veg yourself... and they're all made in a nut-free factory! So I've ordered a trial box - four recipes for Β£3. I've gone with pretty simple ones with flavours I know I like to ease in... but it'll be interesting to play around with some new flavours/techniques/items!

#NotSpon
You'll have to let us know what you think of those Simply Cook things! I'd been looking at them as well! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You'll have to let us know what you think of those Simply Cook things! I'd been looking at them as well! :)
Will do! I've ordered Jerk Chicken, Sicilian Roast Chicken, Chicken Saag and Ancho Glazed Salmon. The pictures look so nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tesco sell the Simply cook kits..I assume are the same thing..

I preferred Gusto over Hello Fresh..they are easy to do but I wouldn't do it every week..

Reactions: 4
I prefer gousto to hello fresh but it does work out quite pricey so I only tend to do it when im in a slump and need new recipe ideas.

- today has been a work from home day.
- had a phone consult with gp and popped to the chemist for little one as he’s a little under the weather
- dropped a bday present to my little bro and stopping at his for dinner (enchiladas)
- I’m exhausted so once we get home it will be bath and bed with a book I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hi all, not much to report from me today. Woke up and my fella was in the mirror having a shave... turned round and he had shaved all his beard off ! Gave me a right fright. He looked like a little boy. I said 'quick you're gonna miss the school bus!' The baby woke up, took 1 look at his dad and was like who the duck is this guy . Anyway I've just been at Nannas all day. Boring. Zzzzzz. Can't put up with it any longer but im thinking 'I can, I must, I WILL' 😘

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Hiiiiii All,
Another boring day here really.

✨ Work. I’m wondering whyyyy do I have to work all day every day. I’m fed up of it. I don’t know if I need to find a new role cos I’m bored, or find a rich man and give up work. I can’t take it anymore.
✨ Went to Nero for a change of scenery, had some fruity icey drink. Was nice and quiet unlike my house. Couldn’t log on though. I seem to have forgotten my MacBook password so I just spent an hour there and came home.
✨ Spent the last hour on the phone to Apple trying to sort it. Couldn’t. I got so fed up I said can I just call you tomorrow and try then. I’m thinking the only solution is to bin the MacBook.
✨ My fella randomly isn’t talking to me so am just sat here feeling a bit like a spare part πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.