What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello gang,

Yesterday we went out for the day to Leeds to a crazy golf place. Unfortunately all three kids all decided to be little tit heads, so that was fun 🙃😂

We’d not even got out of the street before the youngest said, “I kind of need a wee. It’s good that I’m being honest though” 🙄😂 we’ve always drummed it into them that they end up getting in trouble much more if they lie about stuff etc. so he kind of had a point 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 then we had to pull over because he’d been watching his brother on his phone and made himself feel sick. Then when we were out both boys were mardy for a while because they’re both sore losers 🙄😂

Their sister also seems to join them there. She declared something or other wasn’t fair and ended up throwing a strop, meaning she didn’t play for the rest of the game and had her phone taken off her. You know when you just wonder why you bother?! They’re normally not too bad, obviously they have their moments. So it was nice of them to all conincide their moments with each other yesterday - love a bit of sibling bonding 🙂

Last night we had Chinese and watched a couple of Lego Master episodes. Then me and the other half stayed up far too late watching that Global Citizen concert. We watched JLo and I thought she was perhaps in her 40’s. She’s 52! That’s my mums age! Which then made me realise that 20 years ago when I was listening to her songs, she was still MY AGE. Jeez. She does look good for it but it also felt a bit cringe watching her dancing around to Jenny from the block in her gold sequinned Yankees cap 😂

Today, the boys have gone out on a bike ride. I’m going to do some reading and then the girl has a gymnastics competition later so we’re looking forward to watching her 🤸🏼‍♀️

Also, the next two days I have NO PLANS. I’m not working and I’m not seeing anyone. I can’t bloody wait. Going to split my time between housework but also pottering around enjoying doing nothing ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone. Firstly thanks for your kind words about my brother ❤ we’ve just spent the weekend relaxing, watching films & eating sweets.

Today I went over to see my Nana & helped her with some house chores. Had some dinner with her before coming home to catch up on PhD work. Debating ordering a takeaway tonight (our cooker is broken so perfect excuse really!).

Got a busy & stressful week what with hospital appointments and PhD work (if I manage to fit it in!). We all have to self isolate from Tuesday before bro goes in hospital Thursday so need to make sure we have supplies in tomorrow! Sorry for the waffle!

Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had a really good day today. Had a lie-in until 10 (almost unheard of!), made some lunch, finished off week one of C25K, did some diamond painting, watched some YouTube videos of 'slow living' which sounds intriguing, cleaned out, inventoried and organised my cupboards and am just having a rest before I cook my tea.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

• Heart
Back from a weekend in Devon. Bloody petrol annoying me, had just enough to get back but stations near me are closed, media causing the panic buying frenzy again 🤦🏼‍♀️ Might need to walk to school/work this week if it doesn’t sort itself out anytime soon (not a close distance for us).

going to catch up with strictly tonight 🥳

• Heart
Hey, hope you’re all having a nice weekend. Can’t believe it’s Sunday night already though!

Today we spent a few hours at an indoor inflatables centre as a treat for eldest’s birthday. Oh my god, never mind tiring the kids out, I was absolutely knackered by the end! OH chose to sit it out so it was just myself and the kids. It was great fun, both kids were sweaty messes by the end of the session. Slushies were had and lots of snacks. Did a quick stop at the shop for essentials afterwards and then back home as the weather was bad. Littlest and myself napped on the couch for about an hour, but I’ve woken up with a really sore throat. Had some Cajun chicken pasta for dinner, just about to bath the kids and settle them in bed for the night - no school tomorrow, but they’ll still wake me up at the arse crack of dawn no doubt. 🥴

I’m going to have a quick shower, watch the last episode of Vigil (I don’t know why I’m still watching, it’s not even that good) and then it’s off to bed because clearly I’m an old lady now. 👵🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m currently sat at Corfu airport waiting to board my plane home. I’ve had such a good week but I’m ready for home and my cats and bed. We ended the holiday in such a high, it was my friends birthday yesterday we went on a boat trip (we were super hungover and full of regret but it was so good) then we went out for dinner, I had such a good meal, I then told the waiter it was her birthday and they got the singer to sing to her to get the microphone and had the whole restaurant singing then they bought a cake out with sparklers , I was honestly sat grinning it was so cute. We didn’t get to bed till 2 then up at 7 so it’s been a long day 😂I now need to live off water for a while, I’ve basically drank nothing but cheap booze for a week. My poor liver! Hope everyone is having a good Monday ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@LittleMy Yes that is Tunnocks caramel wafers you spotted 🤤

I ended up taking ill on Saturday afternoon so missed strictly as was in bed all day/night and was that way I felt so ill I couldn't even concentrate on watching anything. Felt a bit better yesterday so caught up on some of it yesterday and will finish it tonight. So far I'm loving Rose and Giovanni. I love Gorka but not really feeling Katie so far but hoping I'll warm to her. I like Sara's and Ugo personality wise so hoping they improve.

@under the ivy you are the best big sister 💗

@OutrageouslyScarlet your holiday sounds/looks fab!

• Heart
HI.

I'm off work for a couple of days, I asked for a couple days off last week.

Anyway, today I got up and went out in search of Petrol for my Black Suzuki
and I managed to get it. I was a little naughty by simply jumping the queue
but I wasn't challenged and there was a Police Van nearby.

Now Both the Suzuki's have full tanks with a range of 200 miles each, the
Big Honda has no fuel and I will not be using the bike until the situation is
under control.

I've also completed my self assessment tax form on the internet for the first
Time, It's been submitted and I know how much I need to pay.

So it's just Mid-Day and I've had a great morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yet another day of exciting over here. Not really.

Got up at 4 am w/ husband because I started doing it years ago and now am unable to stop . Made him coffee and such and yelled at a racoon that was in my side yard evading a trap ( live trap , they relocate him and his billions of family members but that is another story altogether ) to get the hell out of my yard.
Husband left and I went back to bed and watched Judge Judy on YouTube until I fell back asleep around 5.
Threw my phone around the bed a few times but ultimately gave in and got up at 7;20 to get kids up and moving .

Refereed a small but loud argument over that new My Little Pony movie on Netflix. My son is a bit of a jerk and will put the movie on but will fast forward to parts he likes when his sister is trying to watch the movie in a normal fashion. But yeah great fun to have before 8 am .
Assembled breakfast and packed kids lunch . Got them dressed. fed the dogs. let the dogs out and in and probably back out and in again .
Finally dropped the children at school and returned home to the joy that has been laundry and catching up on Love After Lock Up . Eventually I will have to get up but not yet. I do wish i had procured a sandwich before returning home tho .

Ah well we all have regrets .

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Overslept but got some okay work done. I think I'll have everything I need done finished before I'm off work so that's good enough for me!

I'm super happy though - as a kid I had lovely curly locks but when I became a teenager they turned into a frizzy mess that looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards. No matter what I tried my hair was horrid and stayed horrid but...

I finally fixed it! 2 or 3 months ago I started using Frizz Ease Dream Curl conditioner 2-3 times a week and the same shampoo a couple of times a month and it's fixed itself. It has gone from a rat's nest into loads of proper defined curls again, all tumbling and intertwining. Especially today, they've been bouncing all over the place.

Sorry - it's an odd thing to be happy about but it's taken so long to get my hair back to being nice so it's either celebrate here or walk down the street pretending I'm in a shampoo commercial and just wave my head from side to side 🤣

• Heart
Sorry - it's an odd thing to be happy about but it's taken so long to get my hair back to being nice so it's either celebrate here or walk down the street pretending I'm in a shampoo commercial and just wave my head from side to side 🤣
I get it, always makes me feel better when I feel like I’m having a good hair day.

You should definitely do the swishy street walk too 😂

• Haha
I get it, always makes me feel better when I feel like I’m having a good hair day.

You should definitely do the swishy street walk too 😂

My parents recently got a dog and my mum was talking about the dog having a tatter earlier - the memories of being detangled came flooding back 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Overslept but got some okay work done. I think I'll have everything I need done finished before I'm off work so that's good enough for me!

I'm super happy though - as a kid I had lovely curly locks but when I became a teenager they turned into a frizzy mess that looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards. No matter what I tried my hair was horrid and stayed horrid but...

I finally fixed it! 2 or 3 months ago I started using Frizz Ease Dream Curl conditioner 2-3 times a week and the same shampoo a couple of times a month and it's fixed itself. It has gone from a rat's nest into loads of proper defined curls again, all tumbling and intertwining. Especially today, they've been bouncing all over the place.

Nothing lifts your mood quite like a good hair day! 😊❤

I’ve been ill since Sunday night. I’ve had no energy, really bad headache, my throat is raw and it feels like I’m swallowing razor blades, general aches and pains, feverish. Now I have a dry cough. Had to book PCR tests for myself and the boys as they started having similar symptoms. Don’t think they’ve ever been so traumatised in their lives, my eldest was crying, saying “mum why did you hurt my nose?” Mate, at least it was just your nose, I had to swipe the bloody thing against my raw AF tonsils AND up my nose! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Hopefully get the results back sharpish. Mr, LittleMy is WFH at the moment (so glad he can do that now) so it’s been helpful although it hasn’t stopped the littlest from treating me like a WWE opponent and dive-bombing into me from the top of the couch. Just let me die in peace, plz. 😭

• Heart
I have a sneaky last minute day off today :)

Popped out to a new coffee place this morning and got a latte and a chocolate and almond croissant 🤤 It was such a lovely morning and they have a really nice outdoor bit across from a park so I wish I had taken my phone or kindle to sit outside but I'd gone out empty handed and am not very good at just sitting, feels a bit awkward 😂

Spending the rest of the day holiday planning. We booked flights to Hawaii a few months ago for November and just after we booked the covid situation got really bad there so we held off booking anything else in case we had to cancel. Things seem to be improving so we're (hopefully) going ahead so need to book the rest of the trip. Going to 4 different islands so need inter island flights, 4 hotels, 4 cars and also lots of restaurant reservations. Due to covid restrictions/staff shortages etc it's really difficult to get into restaurants so need to book them all in advance. We're still 6 weeks out and can't get reservations in some of the more popular spots, it's crazy! But I'm not complaining as I know I'm incredibly lucky to be able to go - I just need to be super organized and have every minute of our trip planned out in my spreadsheet 🤓

Heading out a run later tonight then going to meet my friend to get my bib from her for a race on Saturday as she kindly picked it up for me. Then will just have dinner and watch tv/read.

In other news.... I may only have a couple of bags of crisps left from my delivery 😳 I have zero willpower. It's hard being home all day working with the food almost within touching distance! The chocolate's still going good though. It's strange I do love chocolate but am much better at resisting it than crisps.

@LittleMy hope you're feeling better @under the ivy thinking of you and your family

Hope everyone else is doing well 💛

• Heart
Thank you for thinking of us @GoofyPrincess ❤ enjoy your day off!

Not much to report from me I’m afraid! My brother is having his biopsy tomorrow. Unfortunately I can’t go with him & my Mum due to Covid. Hopefully it will be a quick procedure (even though he needs general anaesthetic) and he will be home later tomorrow.

We’ve all been isolating since Tuesday so haven’t done much! I got a sick note for a few weeks so I don’t have PhD pressures to think about. Been binge watching Sex Education - never seen it but it’s good 😊

hope everyone is well xx

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess hope you manage to go on your trip, sounds amazing 😍

@under the ivy I think I’m going to give Sex Education a go too.

Also I’m tempted to watch Squid Game 👀 anyone else watched?

Not much to tell here really. I enjoyed a couple of quiet days and then have worked today. Same old!

We’re off to look round a secondary school tomorrow evening 😳 my child is 9! Seems ridiculously early but he’s in Y5 and we’ll have to apply within the next year, so may as well use the next few months to look around some.

• Heart
Not much here - work is kicking my arse but I'm almost on holiday so I'm trying to stay calm and say that if it doesn't get done then it doesn't get done. Otherwise I'll get in such a flap and spend so long panicking that it won't get done.

Just watched the first episode of Squid Game on Netflix and it was amazing - going to wait until the weekend to watch more but it was so good.

• Heart

Have you got the frizz ease serum too? I swear by it!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.