What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happiest of birthdays my darling @isabellalovescats ! Have the best birthday weekend!

P.S. I’m not dead my friends, just super busy and on my way to a posh wedding now 🙄 Will treat you all to a post soon haha

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What a day.

I got a set of forms and questionnaires through from the autism assessment services, these ones were to decide if I qualify for the waitlist or not. My parents kindly agreed to fill out the relative one, I filled out the others, I went and purchased stamps and envelopes and... decided that I'm out.

1 - If I was still at school it would have been incredibly helpful but, at this point in my life, it wouldn't really change anything.
2 - I don't want to sit in front of a panel of people and have them judge me
3 - This whole process has brought up so many painful memories of how ostrachised and bullied I was through my childhood (there is always that one weird kid), and I'm working to put the past behind me so being able to wave a piece of paper and say 'this is why I was weird' isn't helpful.
4 - It just keeps me trapped in that cycle of feeling like I'll always be an outcast no matter what, rather than allowing me to say 'my past sucked, I'm going to try and make sure my future sucks less and I might fail but at least I can try.'

So, it is what it is. Based on what they said at school and at my doctor's I almost certainly am, I wish I could have done this when I was a kid, and I can always go for a diagnosis in the future if I change my mind, but I do think that being diagnosed would do more harm than good right now.

I'm in a mostly okay place right now. I don't want to look back anymore, I want to go forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What a day.

I got a set of forms and questionnaires through from the autism assessment services, these ones were to decide if I qualify for the waitlist or not. My parents kindly agreed to fill out the relative one, I filled out the others, I went and purchased stamps and envelopes and... decided that I'm out.

1 - If I was still at school it would have been incredibly helpful but, at this point in my life, it wouldn't really change anything.
3 - This whole process has brought up so many painful memories of how ostrachised and bullied I was through my childhood (there is always that one weird kid), and I'm working to put the past behind me so being able to wave a piece of paper and say 'this is why I was weird' isn't helpful.
4 - It just keeps me trapped in that cycle of feeling like I'll always be an outcast no matter what, rather than allowing me to say 'my past sucked, I'm going to try and make sure my future sucks less and I might fail but at least I can try.'

So, it is what it is. Based on what they said at school and at my doctor's I almost certainly am, I wish I could have done this when I was a kid, and I can always go for a diagnosis in the future if I change my mind, but I do think that being diagnosed would do more harm than good right now.

I'm in a mostly okay place right now. I don't want to look back anymore, I want to go forward.

That's very brave of you. Well done. I get it. I'm 99% sure that I'm have ADHD but have decided not to pursue an official diagnoses

Hope you are ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nothing much had a long lie in, back at work later, can't wait for a day off 😂probably get home and go straight to sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What a day.

You have to do what makes sense to you, lovely. A diagnosis doesn’t change who you are, just confirms what you already know and can give access to support better than without - although that itself isn’t always as straightforward as it might seem. Everything is a fight when you have ASN, and it absolutely shouldn’t be, especially in this day and age. If you’re in a fairly good place mentally then I think you’re right in focusing ahead. You can always come back to it in future if you feel that it would benefit you - more and more adults are receiving their diagnoses later in life. ❤

————————

It’s been a lazy one for us today thanks to the endless pouring of rain. I just cba today so I’m not complaining - we’ll get out of the house tomorrow. ☔

- Woke up, had a shower, got dressed while kids ate breakfast and OH played a video game on his PS4.

-Ran the kids a bath and got them dressed. Had a bowl of Special K with chopped banana for breakfast and a cuppa. Tattled for a bit.

-Eldest son played his Nintendo Switch and youngest was being a little Wreck It Ralph in his bedroom dumping Lego out all over the place then had a meltdown because he couldn’t find his letter “v” (he’s obsessed with alphabet and has foam bath letters that he takes everywhere, V is his favourite 🤷🏼‍♀️ ). Luckily I found it and all was right in his world again. 🙃

- Made the kids pizzas for lunch. Youngest refused to eat it - he is getting fussier. Ended up making him a jam sandwich. Oldest ate everything for a change (he’s my favourite today 😉). 🍕

-Watched some old episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Prime, reliving my youth. OH has taken youngest a drive to the shop to pick up bits for dinner. We’re having chicken tikka, pilau rice and naan. 🍛

-We’ll probably watch a movie later 🍿

Hope you all have a chill Saturday peeps 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You have to do what makes sense to you, lovely. A diagnosis doesn’t change who you are, just confirms what you already know and can give access to support better than without - although that itself isn’t always as straightforward as it might seem. Everything is a fight when you have ASN, and it absolutely shouldn’t be, especially in this day and age. If you’re in a fairly good place mentally then I think you’re right in focusing ahead. You can always come back to it in future if you feel that it would benefit you - more and more adults are receiving their diagnoses later in life. ❤

————————
Thanks, I have four weeks until my case is automatically closed so I'll spend some time thinking about it but I think (for now at least) that I want to focus on things I can change rather than things I can't. Plus the idea of going in front of a panel while they dissect my personality is beyond terrifying.

Rest of the day update...

Had a cozy, lazy afternoon
Watched some The Good Place
Played some ACNH
Did some more colouring
Researched bullet journals - I'm not 100% sold yet but it looks interesting, and I do tend to forget a lot of stuff so it might be handy to write it down. Has anyone tried one?

• Heart
A mostly tit day as per.
Fell out with OH over something my MIL said.
Had a cry because I feel like a tit mum
Got a headache because of the crying
Trying to kerb how much my son watches TV and failing
Took him to play outside and that was fun ☺
Starting anti depressants on Monday.
Running a bath now and going to try and relax.

• Heart
Busy Saturday for me so far.

- stayed at bfs last night so got home about 9 and had breakfast and fed the cat.
- put the prints/photos up in my decorated room and arranged my stuff back in it nicely. Pleased with the finished job.
- met my old school friends for lunch in a new place which was lovely and very Instagram trendy
- picked up my mum from the hairdressers and dropped her home.
- nipped to sainsburys for some grub and some fuel for the car.
- dropped a charity bag off.
- had a walk on the treadmill, trying to get back up to regular running again but just nervous after my bad back.
- about to have a bath and a relax and will then go to bfs again for a steak and to chill out.

Excited for tomorrow as I get to drive and collect my boy ❤ Plus I’ll get a roast dinner from the ex in-laws which is a cheeky bonus.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A mostly tit day as per.
Fell out with OH over something my MIL said.
Had a cry because I feel like a tit mum
Got a headache because of the crying
Trying to kerb how much my son watches TV and failing
Took him to play outside and that was fun ☺
Starting anti depressants on Monday.
Running a bath now and going to try and relax.
You're not a tit mum; if you were then you wouldn't be worried about it.

I hope the anti depressants help make things easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
💚Did some morning yoga at the gym
💚Had vegan nuggets and halloumi for lunch
💚Cleaned the house a bit
💚Excited to start a new book tonight

• Heart
Didn't sleep well again last night but for some reason I've handled it a lot better today than i did yesterday.

Sent the Mr and kids to do the food shop. They did very well. I dare say even better than expected.

Made toasties for lunch.

Sent them back out uniform shopping and to visit the mother in law

Had a bath, in peace, listening to songs from the greatest showman

Lay on my bed had a 15 min ish nap.

Finished a book!!!!!! Only my 2nd book finished since Nov 2018 when my reading mojo disappeared. I still miss it 😢

Made lamb steaks, roasties and broccoli/cauliflower cheese for tea and it was amazing.

Offered the kids a film and snack night. They've disappeared upstairs instead. So I'm going to watch a few episodes of 9-1-1 then go to bed and watch some girly crap 😂

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all

• Heart
S’up guys,

Been a mainly boring day here. Was supposed to have gone on an Alpaca walk but we’ve (hopefully) rescheduled because of bad weather. I say hopefully, they’ve not messaged me back or answered the phone so I’m hoping we’re not going to have any issues with them!

Instead, I ironed for like 50 billion hours. Decided to start rewatching The Bay whilst doing it as everyone else was busy entertaining themselves.

The big kids mum has tested positive for Covid since they’ve been here. They’ve taken LFT’s today and they’ve come back negative so I’m hoping they’ve avoided it as they’ve been with us the last couple of days. Just means they’ll stay with us a bit longer now, which is fine. We’ve already planned a trip to the coast in the week 😎

I had an argument with the other half because “I shrunk his wool jumper in the wash”. I didn’t. His wool jumper shrunk in the wash - there’s a difference. I followed the instructions and it shrunk anyway so I’ve told him he can wash his own clothes from now on 🙃

The youngest and I made “poppet chocolate” earlier and that’s now set so we’re going to have that for our telly snack tonight.

I’m also 3 glasses of wine down so that’s also nice 🥳

Hope everyone else is good!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.