What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I did was have a really crap day, but I did have breakfast and lunch, my fan club knows the details.

A shout out to miss red lacy knickers... you should get social media darling.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Evening all.

I spent the day working and decorating and managed to get the first coat done on my room. should hopefully finish it tomorrow.
At bfs now for dinner.
Missing my son and can’t wait to get him back on Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My day was very boring, but I’ll post anyway as I remember how nice it used to be to hear about other peoples boring days in the midst of lockdown ♥

Erm, I worked. That’s pretty much it 😂

Ignored my mum guilt and let the boy lie in and watch telly in bed for aaaaages. Got my wish for a quiet work day and barely spoke to anyone. I’m still WFH so it was only phone calls anyway. But after being away a few days I really needed some quiet time not speaking!

Big kids have come round early this week seeing as we’ve not seen them for a while, as they went away with their mum. We had a chippy tea which I didn’t feel too bad about as I only gained half a pound whilst away. Unheard of for me, must have been all the walking 😅

I then did a quick online shop as I really couldn’t be bothered going out to get stuff.

Just getting ready to sit down to watch Love Island now.

@Boredofthegram hope the weekend goes quick for you so you get your boy home 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t really have much to say, I wasn’t even going to post here again but I liked reading about peoples’ days and sharing mine, and I have some good friends here who still post. So here we are:

-I’ve cried non-stop this week (personal life stuff). It’s been a rollercoaster, just not as fun as Ronan Keating made it look. The massive bawbag. 😒
-Did a fair bit of walking doing school runs and pick ups, also got a lot of housework done in a bid to occupy myself and keep my mind off things.
-Played games with littlest all day; he’s so clever, lots of number and letter games since he’s obsessed with his ABCs just now. We also sang a lot of nursery rhymes. Who doesn’t love to hear Hickory Dickory Dock on repeat? 🙃
-Made pasta and meatballs for dinner tonight and the kids cleared their plates - result.
-Going go chill now and watch Love Island with my husband. What a sad little life Jane.

Hope you’re all doing well x

• Heart
Cleaning all day. Sweaty. The man (my cat) in my household doesn’t contribute. Jealous of him and low key thinking how nice it is to be a very spoiled cat. 🐈⬛
F9FDF9FD-3624-408E-A5DD-4BAEA51EBA1A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
All I did was have a really crap day, but I did have breakfast and lunch, my fan club knows the details.

Alexa play Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Cleaning all day. Sweaty. The man (my cat) in my household doesn’t contribute. Jealous of him and low key thinking how nice it is to be a very spoiled cat. 🐈⬛
View attachment 720779
He’s lovely. He reminds me of my black cat the way he’s lying there (except she’s a she ofc) 😂 ☺ ❤

Baffled as to how I missed this post earlier. Sorry you’ve had a crap day though! (sincerely)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
evening all, day 100 of being nursemaid.. ok day 4. Sick of the sight of hot drinks. I feel for mum awfully but she’s getting good at barking orders now 😂
This cold has knocked me for six too, the cats been snuggling me all day, whilst I’ve eaten my body weight in chocolate brownie.
If anyone needs a laugh I got the funniest text today from my ex ex that stayed round at the weekend 😂genuinely still laughing..

Attachments

• Haha
To be honest it’s been another boring day…. I always feel when I’m off work I should be doing fun things but when it comes to it I just want to chill. Then I feel guilty for doing nothing?? It’s ridiculous.

Anyway , today I watched lots of Classic Corrie, had a nap, babysat my nephew, did a food shop. That’s about it.

Not long until I go back to work (the holidays go too fast) and I’m not ready at all 😞

• Heart
- Had a coffee and Special K chocolate and almond cereal for breakfast. I've just started eating breakfast recently and enjoying trying different options 😂
- Had an alright day at work. A girl in our team is out on holiday soon and has no cover as we've had a few people leave recently so I'm desperately trying to learn all her stuff to cover for her. It's keeping me busy and helping the days pass quicker though.
- Did a quick workout in the park at lunchtime. It was nice to get out and get a break from work but was so hot exercising at that time of day so don't think I'll make a habit of it.
- Went to a movie night in the park tonight. Had pizza, popcorn, a couple of drinks and the best view 😍 The movie was Akeelah and the Bee - I hadn’t heard of it but it was pretty good and quite touching 🥺 I would recommend.
- I’m back home now and very tired so going to sleep now 😴

AE8F8F04-0C4C-43D7-8F0C-B8AD283B6780.jpeg

4C561647-FD2B-4CF5-9189-440D34B815FA.jpeg

• Heart

Still going strong - at 1 day 10 hours now. Still headachey but had a very deep night's sleep last night. Was it a nightmare? Yes. Did I wake up feeling properly rested for the first time in ages? Yes. So I count that as a win :LOL:

Met my neighbour's elderly cat yesterday. I've seen him in the garden before but he wasn't interested in being friends, then I went out yesterday afternoon and he was meowing his head off, rubbing himself against my legs, collapsing his head onto my hand for scratches and purring like lawn mower. He's called Gizmo. Hopefully he comes back for another visit.

• Heart
- Had a coffee and Special K chocolate and almond cereal for breakfast. I've just started eating breakfast recently and enjoying trying different options 😂
- Had an alright day at work. A girl in our team is out on holiday soon and has no cover as we've had a few people leave recently so I'm desperately trying to learn all her stuff to cover for her. It's keeping me busy and helping the days pass quicker though.
- Did a quick workout in the park at lunchtime. It was nice to get out and get a break from work but was so hot exercising at that time of day so don't think I'll make a habit of it.
- Went to a movie night in the park tonight. Had pizza, popcorn, a couple of drinks and the best view 😍 The movie was Akeelah and the Bee - I hadn’t heard of it but it was pretty good and quite touching 🥺 I would recommend.
- I’m back home now and very tired so going to sleep now 😴

View attachment 720986
View attachment 720985
You’re living the dream in New York 🥺❤

Reactions: 5
Got my food shop delivered and put away
Had teacakes for breakfast
Gonna get ready for work soon
Walk to and from work
Probably have a bath and watch a movie or something when I get home If I don't fall straight asleep ha

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hellooo, this is a bit early for me to be posting as not much has happened but thought I’d update as I have some time while little one is watching a movie and before I have to go pick up eldest from school.

All I can say is thank. god. it’s. Friday. 😬

-OH woke up the kids at half 6 this morning on his way out the door and ofc they came for me. My alarm was set for 7.15, I could’ve done with that extra 45 minutes ngl. 😿

-on the way back from dropping eldest at school I bumped into my auntie who was out walking her dogs. Had a brief chat during which little one wriggled out of my grip and ran out onto the main road. SEN parent reflexes kicked in and I got to him before he got hurt. 😥

-we’ve been having a hard time with the school run because we live on a big main road at the top of a hill and he tries to abscond whenever we’re out and about. He hates holding hands but has absolutely no awareness of danger. Tried all sorts of reins etc but he refuses to walk wearing them and I really don’t have the time to mess around when I’m trying to get oldest son to school on time. LO’s been taking his frustrations out on me and attacked me several times, biting me and scratching my hands to bits, so I put his Spider-Man gloves on him this morning in an effort to spare them any more pain. 🙃

-came home, tidied up the mess from this morning and stuck on a load of washing while LO played on his trampoline outside. LO refused to eat his Dairylea Lunchables so I ate it while he had chicken goujons instead. Waste not want not. 🤷🏼‍♀️

-I finally ordered his birthday presents after weeks of struggling on what to get him. His birthday is on the 31st. We’ve got him one of those Tonie boxes I’ve seen advertised, a bunch of the tonies to go with it and some headphones. He loves a story so hopefully he’ll enjoy that. He’ll be in nursery most of the day on his birthday so will take a cake and sweets in for him to celebrate with his friends and we’ll take him and big brother to the Safari Park in Stirling the following weekend as a birthday treat.

I’m just enjoying the peace for now. Will probably update some more later if there’s anything to add.

Hope you’re all having a fab Friday 😊 💗🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well 1 day and 18 hours isn't too bad... better luck next time :LOL:

Was coping fine with the headaches but NH/CH has put the tumble dryer on with perfumed nonsense in it and what was a headache is trying to turn into a migraine. I've mentioned to him before about 'people' (a more polite way of saying you) using stuff in it that sets of my asthma (also true - perfume can get in the sea) but does he care? Does he duck.

So pepsi and twirl and two more hours at work it is. I think at a minimum I'm going to try and have no caffeine after mid-day on a work night and see how that goes.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.