What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a bit… lost at the moment and I’m not sure why. Hoping I’ll perk up in a day or two.

🍷 Had a lie in (slight wineover but nothing paracetamol won’t sort out)
🍷 Cleaned the kitchen
🍷 Watched some Classic Corrie
🍷 Went for my eye test - new glasses ordered and can pick up next week. Gone for something a bit different for me so I hope I still like them
🍷 Popped to Primark and New Look and spent some of my birthday money
🍷 Dropped Mr Rita off at his friends house
🍷 Now have evening to myself - whacked chicken nuggets and chips in the oven, wine poured, Disney+ on

Happy Saturday ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Another thing I did today (which has made me feel so chill, even though it’s really boring) is make a new Instagram account. I barely use it anyway, I haven’t posted for months but I have nearly 400 followers. I’d say I know about 30 of them. So I thought who the hell actually are all these people that are getting to see my photos? Also a lot I follow just make me feel tit about myself (posh mums, skinny celebs, rich influencers etc) so I thought duck it I’m making a new one with only friends and family. It’s made me feel so much better already!

Def recommend if you’re feeling a bit meh.

Hope you’re all having a lush weekend ☺💞

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Boring day. Rain rain rain. Spent waaaaay too long on Tiktok

Another thing I did today (which has made me feel so chill, even though it’s really boring) is make a new Instagram account. I barely use it anyway, I haven’t posted for months but I have nearly 400 followers. I’d say I know about 30 of them. So I thought who the hell actually are all these people that are getting to see my photos? Also a lot I follow just make me feel tit about myself (posh mums, skinny celebs, rich influencers etc) so I thought duck it I’m making a new one with only friends and family. It’s made me feel so much better already!

Def recommend if you’re feeling a bit meh.

Hope you’re all having a lush weekend ☺💞
I'm very particular about my Instagram. I allow myself 60 followers and 100 people to follow. If I go over that I have a cull 😂😂

@isabellalovescats

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's very brave of you. Well done. I get it. I'm 99% sure that I'm have ADHD but have decided not to pursue an official diagnoses

Hope you are ok ❤
Hello, I hope this isn't too intrusive but can I ask why you haven't pursued an official diagnosis?

I went for a self referral two years ago and was told it was "unlikely" I had ADHD because I have two degrees. But there's *a lot* of symptoms that ring true with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello, I hope this isn't too intrusive but can I ask why you haven't pursued an official diagnosis?

I went for a self referral two years ago and was told it was "unlikely" I had ADHD because I have two degrees. But there's *a lot* of symptoms that ring true with me.
I don't want to derail the thread so will give a brief reply 🙈
I've only been aware of the possibility for about 10 yrs (I'm 43) but I'm learning my own coping mechanisms. I think I'm inattentive rather than hyperactive and as I'm currently not working it doesn't have a major impact on my life other than at home if that makes sense.
Hope you are ok ❤

Morning all

I slept well last night. Yay!! It was very much needed.
Off to see my family today and collect my son who has been at my mam's since Tues

Have a good one 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't want to derail the thread so will give a brief reply 🙈
I've only been aware of the possibility for about 10 yrs (I'm 43) but I'm learning my own coping mechanisms. I think I'm inattentive rather than hyperactive and as I'm currently not working it doesn't have a major impact on my life other than at home if that makes sense.
Hope you are ok ❤

Morning all

I slept well last night. Yay!! It was very much needed.
Off to see my family today and collect my son who has been at my mam's since Tues

Have a good one 😊
Thank you, also don't want to derail the thread. I was considering going private but am also not working (but contemplating getting a job which requires less brain processing power if that makes sense?). Becoming a parent four years ago just errupted all these issues I thought was just anxiety/IBS/overthinking EVERYTHING.

I don't know if that has been an update of the site but I'm finding the adverts really intrusive when accessing Tattle via my phone. So have been reading and liking but commenting has been a right PITA. My laptop has finally come back so might try that to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks @Meangirl815 - hope you're ok too x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Morning all, I've not done a lot so far today, Had a bath and had some breakfast and I'm contemplating taking a trip to B&M or Home Bargains later but maybe I will go to both😊.:unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
- Yesterday morning I went out a long run with the girls which was lovely. It’s really nice having company and also getting to know/make friends with new people, after the run we were all messaging all day on a group chat. Ever since we moved here we only seem to have made couple friends where we all do stuff together so it’s nice to make some friends of my own now if you get what I mean.
- During the run we ran past MrGP on one of the bridges also on his run and he smiled, waved and said hi. Just before I managed to tell the girls it was my husband in between my huffing and puffing one of them said that man was awful friendly waving to us 🤣

- After I got home and showered we headed out to meet one of our couple friends for a bottomless boozy brunch 😃
- Then we all headed to Central Park for the We ❤ NYC Homecoming Concert. The queue to get in was insane - we queued for 2.5hrs and missed the start of the concert 😞 Luckily people were walking up and down the line selling drinks so me and my friend had a couple of mojitos and the guys had some beers which helped ease the pain of waiting.
- We finally got in heard Barry Mailow play 2 songs then they stopped the music and announced the concert was immediately cancelled/cut short due to an incoming storm 😡 There’s a hurricane en route just now and seems that storm rolled in earlier than expected from it.
- There were thousands of people so it was absolute carnage trying to get out and the heavens opened, thunder and lightning started so we were absolutely soaked.
- Finally managed to make it to the subway station which was crazy - it was starting to get flooded and people were crammed in everywhere. Mr GP got separated from us in the chaos but he called and told me to stay with our friends and get on the first train I could with them so I did lol! He managed made it home around the same time though.

- So that was my exciting day yesterday! I was pretty gutted as I was buzzing to see The Killers and Bruce Springsteen in particular.

- Hasn’t stopped raining since last night now and guessing it’s only going to get worse when the hurricane makes landfall later today. It looks like it’s not going to hit the city directly (though it keeps changing path slightly) but we’re still due to get rain, lots of flooding and strong winds potentially causing damage.
- So today is looking like a lazy day on the sofa!

- Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@GoofyPrincess I was reading about the floods and concert this morning and thought of you. I thought I’d remembered you saying you were going to it. Such a shame it had to be cut short. Is there any talk of it being rearranged?

Pleased you got home safe, albeit a bit wet! Hope the hurricane avoids the city.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@GoofyPrincess I was reading about the floods and concert this morning and thought of you. I thought I’d remembered you saying you were going to it. Such a shame it had to be cut short. Is there any talk of it being rearranged?

Pleased you got home safe, albeit a bit wet! Hope the hurricane avoids the city.
@nbt no there’s no talk of it being rearranged yet 😞 The tickets were free so at least that’s something!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello! New to this thread but it looks cute...

🌟 Went for a walk in the woods with my mum this morning
🌟 came home then went to Boots to buy some Rescue Remedy in the hopes it'll help with my sleep and anxiety
🌟 did a 40 minute run
🌟 washed my hair, threw a load of laundry on and followed a deep stretch routine
And now I've got a few hours of uni work before winding down for the evening.

Hope everyone is well! ❤

• Heart
Got up at 8.30, had breakfast while watching some dermatology videos, cleaned the apartment, went for my 2nd COVID shot, got home and now having tea while listening to some music.

I stocked up on Ibuprofen and water in case I get hit with severe side effects. I'm waiting for them to kick in.

I'm off tomorrow, so I can just relax.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hello everyone,

Ive felt a bit up and down today. I’m my own worst enemy, as rather than talk about things I tend to just bottle them up and stubbornly carry on.

I had the family Zoom call. I’ve missed it the last two weeks with being out and about. But today my grandparents told us all that they’d had an offer accepted on a house where they used to live, so they’ll only be an hour away from us again which I’m so happy about. My Grandma also referred to my Dad’s wife by his ex wife’s name - awks! 💀 everyone just kind of nervously laughed and tried to pretend it didn’t happen. Luckily he had AirPods in so his wife didn’t hear! It’s not even a recent thing, they’ve been together about ten years 😂

I squared up the house a bit. My stepdaughter followed me around quite a lot saying she was bored and the youngest kept shouting me asking for snacks. I really must introduce them to the bloke we live with, their Dad.

I realllly need some time to myself as I think that’s why I’m struggling a bit. Just haven’t been able to switch off. So I’ve locked myself in the bathroom and ran a big bubble bath. Going to have a bit of a pamper and try and read a chunk of my book.

Hope everyone enjoys their evenings 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 13

How’s it going? 💗

- My kids were up late last night watching a movie in bed so managed to get a bit of a lie-in this morning. Which was good because OH and I were having a few drinks and watching a movie ourselves. 🍷 🍺

-I had the most bizarre dream last night that I was a little girl again and the Queen was my granny and I went to Buckingham Palace to watch Heartbeat with her. Which is something I used to do with my actual granny on a Sunday evening. 🤣 👸🏼

-Had a bit of a lazy morning; breakfast, cartoons. I stuck on a load of washing while OH prepped a chicken for the slow cooker as he fancied a roast for dinner. 🍗

-We all got ready and went out to do the weekly food shop this afternoon. Kids had sandwiches for lunch and we stopped at the park for an hour before driving home. 🛒 🌳

-Put the shopping away - OH had started but he never organises it right so I took over. Just about to serve up the roast, then bath kids and settle them in bed early for school/nursery tomorrow. 🛌

-Will have a shower later, shave my legs and wash my hair before I settle down to watch Love Island. 🏝 ❤

-Dreading the school run but looking forward to a day of peace to get my housework done with no interruptions tomorrow. 😂 🧼 🧹

• Heart
  • It's ToTM so my hormones are driving me absolutely insane today, I've really been embracing my inner teenager.
  • Realised I'd stopped eating proper meals again (I just forget to have real food and by then I'm too tired so just snack) so I forced myself to get up and cook something. It was meh but it gave me a little bit more energy.
  • Watched some more Friends - I'm on season three now
  • Hoovered a spider that wanted to live next to my work desk. I gave it 48 hours to go somewhere else but it didn't. I have a really big one that I'm too scared to hoover but it isn't coming near me yet.
  • Managed to do some more colouring
  • I'm not bingeing but I'm having so many intrusive thoughts about food and dieting - I keep being bombarded by dieting ads everywhere and it's just getting me even more down. The amount of these bleeping ads - it's no wonder so many people have disordered thoughts around eating / their bodies.
  • Got a cheap notebook and going to give this bullet journaling thing a try. It won't have much in it yet apart from work stuff but I keep forgetting tasks at work so that'll be helpful in itself. Maybe I'll use it to try and track spending and schedule some meals.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Afternoon all.

⭐ Cleaned the downstairs of the house this morning after tackling upstairs yesterday.
⭐ Cleaned the fishtank and fed the fish
⭐ Hit the road to collect my boy
⭐ Had a roast with ex and family
⭐ Back home via bfs
⭐ Just got back to my house and son was straight on YouTube to watch his fave YouTubers 🙄 nice to have the noise back in the house though
⭐ We’ll stay up late tonight to watch a film as I’ve got tomorrow off work

• Heart
Happy Monday

It's quiet on here now, I think everyone's abandoned this thread :unsure:

Anyways I'll still provide a thrilling update of my day yesterday :ROFLMAO:

- Put on waterproof stuff and ventured out in the storm to get some food supplies as we were running low
- Mr GP had an unusually productive morning tidying out his wardrobe/other stuff then even went to the gym, made me feel kind of lazy as I just sat on the couch watching tv but hey ho I felt like I needed a lazy one
- Watched a few episodes of Scott & Bailey and Yellowstone and read for a bit
- Played a game of Terraforming Mars and I won 😁 It's about the only game I always seem to win at so love playing it. I did throw a little bit of a hissy fit at one point when Mr GP shafted me and I thought I was going to lose but I made a comeback and beat him ✌
- Had steak pie and chips for dinner 🤤 and actually ate at the table for the first time in ages instead of on the couch glued to the tv
- Had a couple of drinks and listened to spotify
- Watched a couple of episodes of Ted Lasso again - we finished it recently and are working our way through it again
- All in a very boring 😴 but still enjoyable day :)

- Today is consisting of work, a run later if it finally stops raining, dinner, tv and bed!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.