What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To keep on topic.

🐴 Work Monday and Tuesday. Busy but fun
🐴 Bought my first Christmas present 😂
🐴 Wasn't feeling 100% this morning. Not sure if poorly or anxiety, so just been chilling watching Celebrity MasterChef.
🐴 Need to tidy the house as it's a tip.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Me reading the thread this morning...

So far today

Feel a bit more steady again
Forgot to do an important task at work yesterday
Have washed/changed bedding

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Have been working since yesterday evening until now (4:22 am here) because I got a burst of motivation which comes by extremely rarely. Now I am caught up on two weeks of research work due at noon. My bathroom and kitchen are also very sparkly clean. Can't say the same for my bedroom and living room though. 😅

Meanwhile, I am two or three weeks behind on readings for my course. Whoops. Oh well. I am no longer motivated and now sleepy so am heading to bed. 😴

Meeting at noon. My supervisor is so nice. She is such a good friend to me, too. She is picking me up to go have lunch and we will talk about work and school over lunch. We are heading to an Australian bistro in town. I have not tried any Australian cuisine so that should be nice.

@Hope96 Can't wait to see you post. ❤

Don't know what else to say so adding a cat gif.

Edit: Thank you, @AnderbeauJohnson for the Jeff Goldblum gif. I find him very attractive. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you everybody for your kind words. It feels nice to have a random group of people that know nothing about me to believe in me more than the closest people around me, but I guess that’s life.

@watermelon sugar I hope you’re doing okay with everything going on around you ❤
@AnderbeauJohnson i hope you’re doing okay too, I know exactly how you feel but it’s important to remember it’s just temporary, one small step doesn’t mean all progress is undone. It’s temporary and will pass xx
@Penguin86 i hope you’re doing okay too, please take care of yourself! Peace and happiness is a real priority in life (so much easier said than done I know) x
@WilmaHun i completely forgot to say Congratulations on buying a house! That must be an amazing feeling 💝
@Raymond Luxury-Yacht in the most non-weird way possible I was thinking about you all day the other day … I had a client called “Raymond” and it was the first time I’d ever seen that name.. then I thought wait ! I’ve seen it somewhere else 🤣 the surname was also a name I’ve seen here so I was thinking “OMG THIS PERSON USES TATTLE LOL” then I checked my phone and realised I’m dumb

I’ve not been doing much other than working really, and redecorating the house. Today I’m going to look for a new bed and then I have my interview with the detectives in the afternoon so hopefully that comes by and is over pretty soon!

Hope everybody has a good day 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've been absent from this thread for a while but the drama has bought me back. I've been so interested that I spent 10 minutes asking my colleagues how I can connect myself to the WiFi in the office. 😂 On a serious note, I really do hope everyone is ok. This thread has helped me during difficult times and I admire you ladies. 🥰

@isabellalovescats I adore you. x

• Heart
  • Haha

Anyway

🍉 me and Mr watermelon are dangerously behind on love island. Last night we watched an episode that had sex gods on it!? Basically all the lads dressed as sex gods and had to save their missus. Anyway, at the end of the episode mr watermelon went for a wee, came back, booted the livingroom door down and had a towel draped over him, my hair band I use for the shower and a kitchen knife as a sword. He went 'I am MR WATERMELON' it proper made me laugh 🤣🤣
🍉 I'm going to Liverpool today to see my Mum and my nephews. I got ready and now I'm on the train!

I hope I've not offended/upset anyone by the posts this morning. I guess Sometimes you connect with people and sometimes you don't! It's a lesson learnt and it's a shame really but I hope no one feels put off writing their day/posting etc because we all use Tattle as a distraction and I'd hate for anyone to feel like they can't post here, if we get along or not

Have a good day everyone xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nurse maid Scarlett at your service..
made about 300 cups of various hot drinks yesterday. I’m now 90% sure I have a cold.. not the C word thankfully.
Regarding the above, we had a really nice friendship chat for a while, it didn’t work out but I don’t think anyone should feel they can’t use tattle. It’s a life line for lots of people. To quote a wise film *I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...
I’d like to do absolutely nothing today but Cinderella duties call. Have a good day all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nothing yet woke up feeling like I've not slept at all and gained a massive headache that won't budge 😭 but probably finish cleaning the flat and get a few bits of shopping from the shop

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Not too sure what’s going down this morning on here but here’s my boring old update.

👍🏻 Went out for a leaving lunch with work yesterday and got a bit tipsy but had fun
👍🏻 Working at home and starting decorating my bedroom
👍🏻 Procrastinating on here
👍🏻 Tried some caramilk choc and don’t rate it

• Heart

• It was the funeral of my uncle yesterday so I just tried to keep busy. Spoke to my mum after and the way she described it made me feel sad but it was what he wanted so 🤷‍♀️ learning he just wants his ashes to be thrown around the crematorium remembrance garden kind of upset me a little
• My goddaughter stayed over on Monday night and we had pizza. I got up to use the bathroom at 3am and the cheeky git was still up with the light on.
• Woke up after like 4 hours sleep and when I went to check on her she was laid with her arms and legs at every angle like a weirdo
• Spent the afternoon with my niece and nephew watching films and then out in the garden (mean auntie penguin for getting them away from their tablets)
• Some of the threads on here are brutal if you dare to breath (LI especially)
• I'm still curled up in bed and don't plan on doing much today. Takes my fatigued butt a while to recover from busy days

FYI I love this thread because I always feel welcomed and cared about

I also love @Hope96 who has become one of my favourite people away from tattle

• Heart
@Penguin86 angel angel angel ❤

I am definitely not involved in whatever has happened but I do think if people keep derailing the thread then it might not end well. We're all adults here and I think it's big of people to apologise so others don't feel uncomfortable. Sometimes we do fall out with others and it's tit but life goes on! x

OT: My morning has been absolutely boring. I know I said I would post properly later but now I have internet access I can't stop myself from checking Tattle. Training at work is so boring and I'm starving.

• Heart
Well i was going to delete my account but have reactivated.

I'm not commenting on the story of the day as i think it's just adding tension now.

So anyway. My anxiety is BAD. I don't know why it's playing up and I'm trying to roll with it but god it's hard.
I only have my 2 daughters at home for the rest of the week and after some really busy days i was looking forward to a girly lazy day in the house.
I'm agitated, can't get settled. Then my 8yr old starts being sick 😢😢
It went everywhere so now I'm anxiety ridden AND have a poorly kid.

This is NOT the day i had planned

Anyway. Lots of love to ALL

I hope everybody keeps posting. We have a community here i like having 'tattle friends'

Oh... Another sick bomb. Gotta go 😳

Mod edit, thread locked for now as people won't leave it and can't be dealing with the same arguments and reports coming in all day. Move on. And please stop announcing you're floucing.

Announcing you're leaving / flouncingIf you wish to leave tattle please don't announce it. It only derails the thread and honestly 98% of people that do this remain on the site either with that account or a create a new one.

If you want to take a break from tattle do so without announcing it or use the links in the top to delete your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Hellooo,

I’m still catching up with my posting from our time away. Now back home though, always nice to be home 🥰

Yesterday we visited Knaresborough. It’s such a lovely little place. Found a cute little brunch stop along the river with a view of the bridge.

838E98BE-171B-4761-8758-385AC4F0D006.jpeg

Then we walked around and I lusted over some of the houses. Walked up to the castle and then rented one of the little rowing boats for half an hour or so. The other half seemed to think he was in The Boat Race or something, so me and the boy were slightly shitting it for a while until his arms obviously became achey and he slowed down 😅

Today we went to Fountains Abbey. It was so peaceful and pretty to walk round. Love a National Trust place. It’s one of the first things I look for if we visit a new area.

32E56276-459C-4B89-89DD-58766A87D141.jpeg

85119A27-FE96-4F6A-8701-5334F6EBD9A7.jpeg

So yes, a gorgeous few days away and it’s reignited my Yorkshire love ♥ Definitely want to be moving there in the future when I can live a slower paced life and don’t have to do school runs or work commutes. Will just spend my days walking and surrounded by sheep 😂 perfect!

• Heart
Hello hello

So yesterday I had a pretty busy and productive day at work. Now I'm busier though I'm in a bad rut again of sitting at my desk and barely moving all day - need to start making more of an effort to take breaks and go out at lunch etc. Can't really remember what else happened during the day apart from work so I'm guessing nothing exciting.

Went to Open Run at night (basically like a parkrun thing they have here) - it was only a 5k but I was pitifully slow and was still dying. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to run a marathon in 3 months time :LOL: I blame my drinking excesses over the weekend, think I was still recovering :ROFLMAO: So trying to be good and properly get on my training now and cut down on all the booze. Well here's me saying that when I went for a drink after the run :oops:

Planned on making enchiladas for dinner but didn't get home till 9 and couldn't be bothered cooking so ordered a Chinese. We just got one general tso chicken dish to share though so I didn't feel too bad. Watched an episode of Yellowstone and then I tried to finish my book in bed as I was almost at the end and wanted to find out what happened but I was so tired I kept falling asleep.

Woke up early and logged on to do some work with my team in Asia. Then finished my book, showered, made a coffee and was back online around 9. Ended up having enchiladas for lunch as got a few things I'm trying to use up in the fridge and put a BBQ chicken thing in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, think I'll make shredded BBQ chicken burgers with it.

Off for another run tonight then home for the burgers and to watch some more Yellowstone.

I feel like I can probably stop updating daily now as all days for the next couple of months are going to be the same - work, run, dinner, tv, bed :ROFLMAO:

Just got ready to go for my run, put on my running belt for the first time in a couple of weeks and it felt quite loose and I thought yes finally I'm losing some weight........ only for Mr GP to say 10mins later have you seen my running belt I can't find it.... turns out I had his on :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
  • Ticked a couple of things off the work to-do list, I'm feeling a bit more focused again
  • Gone 14 hours and 17 minutes so far without caffeine - so far I have a headache, I'm ravenous and I am counting down the seconds until 12 so I can go to bed for 55 minutes :LOL:

• Heart
Hello

Well my plan for today was. Get up early. Go on a cleaning spree, take kids to the woods.
Kids weren't keen.

OK. Plan B. Mini cleaning spree, followed by an afternoon of movies and snacks.

The reality - cleaned the bathroom. It's a job i always make the Mr do. Felt like superwoman afterwards decided that's enough housework for the day.
Got the snacks ready. Kids dived in and headed outside to play, then disappeared upstairs with more snacks and devices.

So. I've done... A bit of this that and everything. Watched a couple of Grace and Frankie episodes, read a bit of my book, done a bit more cleaning, cooked spaghetti and sauce and shoved the kids in the shower.

Tonight will be the usual TV /shower /bed. Same old crap

Hope everybody is doing ok

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has everyone decided to boycott this thread now

😴 Didn't sleep til 4am again and was up at half 8
😴 Shopping delivery came so I spent about half an hour rearranging my food cupboard because it was a mess. Then had a phone call with a lovely friend before lunch
😴 Finished another neck warmer on the loom. So far have 4 sets of hats and neck warmers to send to charity
😴 I really wish my anxiety would just go away!
😴 Going to watch Love Island tonight and then try get an early night (a girl can dream)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.