What have you done today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Worked from home
Played some Lego with son
Went for a walk in the woods
Picked some blackberries
All the carbs planned for dinner (pasta and garlic bread) balanced with fruit and ice cream for pudding.
Bath and book before bed.
A wholesome day with little ‘un who absolutely loved his bedroom reveal when I got him home last night ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Got up
Had coffee
Had shower
Worked in the garden, fence nearly finished, burn pile complete.
Got rained off at 4
Now about to make kids cheesy pasta.

Tonight i will have a bath and wash my hair, and watch as many episodes of 9-1-1 before i fall asleep.

Tomorrow is middle kids 7th birthday. She is obsessed with snow leopards so taking her to Northumberland zoo to see some tomorrow and pick up her adoption pack (🙄🙄) . I actually can't wait to see her face. She will explode 😍😍

Hope you are all doing ok

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Got up a cup of tea and logged on tattle saw a dangling willy:ROFLMAO:
got ready
made the bed and tided the bedroom
cleaned the kitchen and lounge
popped to my mums
put some potatoes on to make a potato salad then realised I have no spring onions.:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Woke up
Turned on a film
Must have fallen asleep and woke up again at 1pm
Got up
Ate lunch
Took photos
Folded washing and tidied up
Running myself a bath and then putting on fresh pjs

103_9772-02.jpeg
103_9768-01.jpeg
103_9766-01.jpeg
103_9820-01.jpeg
103_9817-01.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
feels like every one of my days recently is the same!

got up, went to do a history tour, then had a meeting with a florist then went to print some stationery, home for emails, about to head out for another history tour and then dinner with some clients 🤷‍♀️

i did do something nice - these clients are the ones whose ceremony i officiated and their vows were left in my folder and they forgot about them. while they were travelling around the country, i made them a little book and pasted their vows in there as a memory, i'll give them that tonight 😊

• Heart
Blur of a day, I had a headache since I woke up. I think the heatwave is partly causing it.

Woke up on time and didn't waste an hour on my phone, so I had time to have breakfast in peace and get ready without rushing. Went to work and went through the usual stuff until I yeeted myself out of the building as soon as the clock hit 5.

Took a cab home as a treat because it's a million degrees outside and I also got my period today. These on top of the heatwave and very few things could have made me walk all the way back or take the bus today. Did a small food shop, ended up buying mostly junk and also a can of chickpeas. Giving myself a break today as I've had an awful body image/ED phase in the past few days.

Took a shower, had meatballs and some crisps for dinner and now I've parked my arse on the couch for the rest of the day with a glass of cold water and wondering if I can feel awake enough to write for a bit or pay attention to my writing group. I don't want to risk drinking tea or coffee because yesterday I was wide away until 1 in the morning after chugging glasses of homemade (and very strong) ice tea.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself for no good reason but I guess it's the 1st day blues. Gonna have a Raffaello and see if my brain wakes up enough for me to not be potato all night. ✌

• Heart
Had my appointment

Barely managed to focus at work - it's getting too hot again

Tempted to try watching American Horror Story tonight - I saw season one when it first came out but can't really remember it

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey. I'm going to try the bullet approach, hope you like it.

• I took my kids to a different beach, they moaned. I completely lost it. I swear I never moaned the way kids today do. Grrrrrr. Equally, I've never heard my parents say duck when mine have heard me about 100 times now over the years.
  • They then took themselves off for a walk around the block on their own with the dog which was nice to see. Incidentally, he is looking really good at the moment. He's lost weight and had a groom so looks like a new boy. A proper glow up.
  • Just had a curry for the first time in 7 months as daughter has just had her brace removed. All of us were overjoyed.
  • Did a big tidy. Quite pleased with myself as I've been really lazy the last month.

• Heart
Do any of the old timer posters here remember a few months ago I posted about a creepy guy on a bike who had followed me twice? Guess what happened on my walk tonight.

He rode past and stared at me, went into a side road, doubled back and then started riding behind me. Luckily my Nana picked up the phone and I think me being on the phone spooked him because he waited a few paces behind me while I was dialing before riding off (staring daggers at me) when she answered and I didn't see him on the way home.

I'm home now but he has shook me up - she wanted me to phone the police but 'a guy follows me every three-to-four months' doesn't exactly sound like stalking, especially as I don't know who he is. I might find a local non-emergency number and call that if he does it again.

* I swear I'm not MD - if I was going to create an imaginary life for this forum it would be far more interesting than mine.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Do any of the old timer posters here remember a few months ago I posted about a creepy guy on a bike who had followed me twice? Guess what happened on my walk tonight.

He rode past and stared at me, went into a side road, doubled back and then started riding behind me. Luckily my Nana picked up the phone and I think me being on the phone spooked him because he waited a few paces behind me while I was dialing before riding off (staring daggers at me) when she answered and I didn't see him on the way home.

I'm home now but he has shook me up - she wanted me to phone the police but 'a guy follows me every three-to-four months' doesn't exactly sound like stalking, especially as I don't know who he is. I might find a local non-emergency number and call that if he does it again.

* I swear I'm not MD - if I was going to create an imaginary life for this forum it would be far more interesting than mine.
Turn around and take his photo next time. And make sure you share it with people you know in your area. He might be spooked enough to come to his senses and/or someone might know him. I'm sorry you ran into him again! :( 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Turn around and take his photo next time. And make sure you share it with people you know in your area. He might be spooked enough to come to his senses and/or someone might know him. I'm sorry you ran into him again! :( 💗
Good idea

Reactions: 7
I might try and take a photo without him being able to tell but I'm worried if he sees me take a photo that he'll get angry and come at me rather than just following me. I'm heading into shops now when he turns up so maybe he would show up on CCTV if it came to it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Haven't updated in a while so here we go. I'll try keep it neat but I'm not the best at being brief/succinct!

- Had a lovely weekend which perked me up. Didn't do anything terribly exciting but feel like it just reset me nicely after being in a slump last week.

- Monday was unusually busy at work so was online till about 7.30pm, didn't even manage to eat lunch then went out run and grilled a veggie burger for dinner.

- Yesterday again was kept busy at work all day then did an official park run type thing. Was the first official type one I've done since before lockdowns and was really nice, it's like an out and back loop and everyone passing each other was shouting encouragement like good job, you've got this so that was nice. Afterwards had drinks at an outdoor bar and caught the end of the most amazing sunset.

7362BABE-5C20-4E03-87E7-D25577634CC3.jpeg

- Had to log on around 7.15 this morning so have been super sleep all day and feeling a bit crap, think I have a slight tummy bug or something so not really got much planned apart from work. Think I'll probably have a bath and just chill out in front of the tv all night.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Got up a cup of tea and logged on tattle saw a dangling willy:ROFLMAO:
got ready
made the bed and tided the bedroom
cleaned the kitchen and lounge
popped to my mums
put some potatoes on to make a potato salad then realised I have no spring onions.:rolleyes:
Anyways I popped to the shop for some spring onions
came home decided to have a tuna salad with new potatoes for dinner with the potatoes I had left over
made my potato salad
cleaned the windows(inside obv)
Now Im just having a tattle and later I'm going to watch Bad Girls (drama channel if any UK'ers are interested)

• Heart
I might try and take a photo without him being able to tell but I'm worried if he sees me take a photo that he'll get angry and come at me rather than just following me. I'm heading into shops now when he turns up so maybe he would show up on CCTV if it came to it.
I like this idea but would definitely put a complaint in as well. It could be difficult to get a hold of the CCTV if you don’t have a complaint (multiple might be necessary!) on file first. I don’t mean to be scary just the bar can be stupidly high before anyone treats a valid complaint with the seriousness it deserves ☹

I am a couple of days late and getting more bloated by the second. I slept a lot, ate all the edges off of the brownies I baked last night and listened to Taylor Swift on repeat. Will update when I can’t fit into my 👖 and have regrets 🙃

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Helllooo! I'm gonna join in with the bullet points

• woke up to 'ABBA! ABBA MAMA!' (Yes, mini watermelon has learnt how to say ABBA. No I didn't teach him how to do it)
• got up and sat on the couch livid and in a mood cos I still had the headache I went to bed with last night
• made mine & mini watermelons breakie while mr watermelon got ready for work. He told me to 'be positive then my headache might go' yes... cos positivity cures headaches....
• had a shower, headache cured. By hot steamy shower, surprisingly not positivity
• had a quick cuppa and tattled
• worked from home for a couple hours. Baby climbed all over me and I accidentally sent an email to my sister that just said 'Gggggggggggggggg'
• baby down for nap. I was well productive and tidied kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
• baby awake. Had lunch
• nipped to the Asda. Took a bag of clothes to the charity bins round the back
• got back, had some time in the garden
• went inside and realised no electricity was on in the bedroom or living room
• panic
• rang mr watermelon panicking
• he guided me to the fuse box. Switch was down. He told me to flick it back up. I flicked it (not the first thing I've flicked) (jk I'm not MD) it went back down again
• mr watermelon came back. Tried fixing the problem. Didn't have a jar of glue
• I wandered round, noticed the plug socket by my bed had turned BLACK. mr watermelon was at the fuse box and flicked the switch, the socket popped
• panic

Now I'm gonna PAUSE. I may or may not have been the reason why the plug socket is broken. But that's a story for another time 🤣🤪🙃

• mr watermelon says this is a fire hazard and tells me to go to my mums with the baby while he gets in touch with his electrician friend and the landlord
• I pack mine and babies bag. Mr watermelon sits on bed like :( youd have thought I was leaving him 🤣🤣
• we all walk to train station. Forgot to mention i didnt tell mr watermelon it was my fault
• guilt increases
• admits it was my fault.
• mr watermelon: for duck sake 🤣 took it surprisingly well
• me and mini melon get on train
• meet my mum off the train with her doggy
• watched in the night garden
• baby asleep
• me nearly asleep

Eta: OMG that was well long sorry lmao it werent even interesting

• Heart
  • Haha
Anyways I popped to the shop for some spring onions
came home decided to have a tuna salad with new potatoes for dinner with the potatoes I had left over
made my potato salad
cleaned the windows(inside obv)
Now Im just having a tattle and later I'm going to watch Bad Girls (drama channel if any UK'ers are interested)
omg I love Bad Girls! Ill be binging that now 😅

• Got up at 6:15, had a bath, washed my hair and dried and straightened
  • Rushed to get ready for work like a mad woman. Had one of them “I’ve got nothing to wear” moments whilst stood in front of a bulging wardrobe
  • logged into tattle when I got to work and saw a Dick swinging on my screen, always a good start to the day 😅
  • Had a very busy day at work, left off at 4:45
  • Had a salad with fish cakes for dinner
  • Another bath
  • Got a craving for jacket potato with coleslaw so drove to the Asda - that’s lunch tomorrow sorted!
  • popped into see the MIL on my way back but SIL car was there so drove off the drive as fast as I drove on 😂 hope no one was looking out the window and saw me 🤣
  • had a massive headache for THREE days straight. pissing me off
sorry, that’s such a boring update!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel obliged to join in with a neat list so here it goes

- Was woken up at 6am by little peaches shaking me saying ‘WAKEY WAKEY EGGS AND TASTY’ cute but annoying. Eventually got him to go and watch telly. He came back to me at 7:30 asking for ice cream and that was my sign to get up.
- Got fed up of waiting for my insurance company and ordered a new computer. Just pray that they’ll offer me a settlement figure when they finally sort it out or I’ll have two computers 🤣
- Sort of worked. It’s been dead today which is a result. Spent a lot of time looking at clothes online and thinking nope won’t suit me I’m too chubby atm 😅😅
- Bings commode was still here and it got collected today 🎉 so I cleaned the en suite ready for me to move back into (it’s my bathroom usually and the boys have the main one) fitted a new shower hose but discovered the head is too big soooo now need to find another one
- Spent a lot of the day wondering if I could paint the flat from top to bottom by myself. It needs refreshing. But how would I reach the really high ceiling? As you can see I’m still unsure if I could do it 🤷🏽‍♀️

That was very boring. Hopefully something interesting will happen tomorrow 🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.