What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Father’s Day posts taking over social media. Especially when the person they’re posting about isn’t even on Facebook etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Father’s Day posts taking over social media. Especially when the person they’re posting about isn’t even on Facebook etc.
Or written on behalf of toddlers who cant read yet by over zelous grandmothers - there`s one who has written one for her grandchild it rivals War & Peace no need for it

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve been without a washing machine for a couple of weeks. Ordered one on a great deal before, booked for tomorrow. I go to empty the water from my broken one and discover the plug was melted to the socket and black. Something tripped the electric weeks ago and the washing machine packed up so I thought the fuse had just gone not the mess I discovered. Now I’ve had to cancel my order and will have to wait for the landlord to sort. I don’t think I’ve had a FWT in the last 5 years and an electrician came out a few weeks ago but never checked the washer. If it’s not one thing it’s another 🫠

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve been without a washing machine for a couple of weeks. Ordered one on a great deal before, booked for tomorrow. I go to empty the water from my broken one and discover the plug was melted to the socket and black. Something tripped the electric weeks ago and the washing machine packed up so I thought the fuse had just gone not the mess I discovered. Now I’ve had to cancel my order and will have to wait for the landlord to sort. I don’t think I’ve had a FWT in the last 5 years and an electrician came out a few weeks ago but never checked the washer. If it’s not one thing it’s another 🫠
Something similar happened to us but went like washing machine, fridge then freezer one after the other during the pandemic. Delivery dates pushed forward numerous times. Was hell. I wish you luck and a quick resolution.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Something similar happened to us but went like washing machine, fridge then freezer one after the other during the pandemic. Delivery dates pushed forward numerous times. Was hell. I wish you luck and a quick resolution.
What a nightmare for you! And thank you ❤ Hoping this is a blessing in disguise as I think the old socket has caused the damage as my machine was less than three years old so I will call the landlord tomorrow.

• Heart
People who enail companies to ask a question that a quick Google would tell them. They clearly have Internet access as they were able to email their query. I am not directory enquiries.

Reactions: 7
Got selected for jury service this week when I’m really tired and really busy but just not busy and tired enough for it to be excusable. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got selected for jury service this week when I’m really tired and really busy but just not busy and tired enough for it to be excusable. 😭
I feel like I'm the only person left in Glasgow, since I moved up here in 2007 I've been called up a grand total of 11 times! Never served as I use lack of childcare as an excuse. I got called up 3 times last year alone. Up to 2014, I would get taken of for 2 years at a time, but don't think they do that anymore. I'm screwed when my youngest starts school though. My husband did it last year, dragged on for 2 weeks, he hated every minute of it and I'm pretty sure he didn't pay much attention and just voted with the majority, which was guilty. He has such a short attention span honestly.

Hope it's just a day and you don't get selected.

Just got off the phone with my mum. Love her to bits but the double standards she has between me and my siblings is getting me down. Won't be too specific as I'm pretty sure my sister is a lurker on here. She expects me to drop everything and drive 300+ miles for something. Drag my kids out of school and bring them along too (they don't want to go), I mean they finish for the summer this week but there is so much going on because my middle child is leaving primary school this year so they have numerous parties and events. One of my siblings his partner lives with her but they're too busy to help out because they both work (which I'm sure is another dig at me as I am a sahm) my other sibling who is an hour away from her can't come because she's also busy, but if I say I'm busy everything is just picked off one by one, but if my siblings list those things she will be like ohh they can't because so and so. But my life doesn't matter and everything should be dropped at a whim. I'm so tired of it all and just want to live my life without other people's crap hanging over my head all the time or permanently being guilt tripped.

I've given myself a migraine and I feel like I'm going to vomit I'm so angry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I feel like I'm the only person left in Glasgow, since I moved up here in 2007 I've been called up a grand total of 11 times! Never served as I use lack of childcare as an excuse. I got called up 3 times last year alone. Up to 2014, I would get taken of for 2 years at a time, but don't think they do that anymore. I'm screwed when my youngest starts school though. My husband did it last year, dragged on for 2 weeks, he hated every minute of it and I'm pretty sure he didn't pay much attention and just voted with the majority, which was guilty. He has such a short attention span honestly.

Hope it's just a day and you don't get selected.
Nah I got selected in the ballot today and it’s expected to be three days. I’m just outside Glasgow but it’s not for the Glasgow courts.

It says in the information now if you get excused you will likely get another citation in the near future so that’s probably why you’ve had so many in such a short space of time.

I’m just super busy at work this week. This whole month has been really busy and I have things on every night this week too that I can’t get out of either so won’t be getting home until almost 10pm and won’t have had any food since lunchtime. At least the court are letting me bring my own food since I have coeliac disease so I can at least make sure I eat lunch.

• Heart
Mail rooms!!! My package was delayed and they lost the shipment tag. They gave me someone’s tat. I’ve got a box of crappy pottery taking up precious space. 😭 There are a few different carriers involved and I’m worried no one is going to take ownership of the problem & pay to replace my purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Useless husbands who think your their mother !!!

Twice today I’ve been asked to check if something has gone off … I had to taste a smoothie and look at a pineapple 🍍🙄 I hope they have gone off and give him the shits 😤

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I just want to rant about how out of place I feel in society and the world in general. I don’t know if this is just “getting old” but I feel really weird because a lot of the time I'm very lonely and don't understand anything anymore.

I feel like when I was younger, I just could fit in almost anywhere. My school, retail jobs, whatever. I could just make friends super easily and I always felt like I had a purpose because there was always something to do.

Now, I feel incredibly shut off from people. I do have friends, and I see them quite regularly, but most of them have their own life and family.

It doesn't help that I feel like I don't understand people anymore. I don't understand Tiktok or anything the younger generation are into. I don't understand or like any of the popular tv shows that I've tried to watch on Netflix. I feel like everything has changed, and I know that I'm not a young teenager anymore so nothing is made for me and I get that, but it still feels annoying to not like anything.

This means that I find it harder to make friends, because yeah, making friends as an adult is hard but even when you talk to people, they either want to talk about their husbands (or children) or they're younger and want to talk about the latest trends that I don't like. I feel like all I do is sit on my phone on youtube watching things that do interest me or coming on this website, where I feel like I could talk to people here because I do love shitting on influencers and that's why I enjoy it so much, because it reminds me of the old days when it felt like more of a community online and you could come and catch up with things.

I also feel so out of touch with the way some politics are going, and I won't get into it, but it's another reason I feel incredibly distanced from a lot of people, as I don't agree with the extreme views of certain people.

I feel shut off from everyone, I do have friends but it doesn't feel fun anymore, and when I do meet up with them, it's just talking across a table. You can't really do the things you used to anymore, like ask to have someone chill at your place for the night and watch movies and giggle. Everyone has their own things to do, which I totally get, but I feel like the very distant way I'm interacting with friends isn't good for me.

The thing is, I have this crazy mind inside when it's just me. I have all these ideas and thoughts and opinions about stuff. I have good jokes, I know that somewhere inside me there is still a fun personality because it comes out when I'm alone. I just don't share it with anyone.

I am finding it hard to relate to people in real life, because especially since the pandemic, people seem closed off and interacting seems different. I am craving just female dynamics as well, this is what I find I miss. I just want a huge group of woman that live on my street or something and we all meet up and gossip and have a laugh, and tell each other our secrets and what's going on. I want it to be a regular thing. I want it to be a constant communication where we all meet at a certain time and have something to look forward to. I also find I'm missing closeness as well because dating is also something I am finding so hard, as most people seem to be so caught up in their own world and don't have time for anyone else, or they just want to hook up.

I don't even know where I was going with this, but it felt good to get out. It just feels like a lot of the time I feel so different to a lot of people I meet in person and I want to find people I can feel comfy around. I don't understand a lot of what people find interesting anymore, and it just sucks

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I share a room with two of sisters. I’ve spent most of today decluttering. I asked meg kid sister to help out multiple times.

-She’s started but sat back down again after 5 mins
-Then said she had a headache and needed to lie down.
-Now she has gone off to shower.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
@springstudy you haven't got a tribe at the moment, that's all. I hope you find one soon. I have no particular advice but occasionally feel the same although I have family and husband distractions so maybe I don't notice it so much. Find something weird and niche you like and find the other weirdos put there who like it too maybe. Good luck, you aren't alone x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The cost of petrol and living its just a joke! How is everyone coping with it at the moment

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The cost of petrol and living its just a joke! How is everyone coping with it at the moment
It’s horrific. I just filled my whole tank up as I passed a petrol station that was 3p cheaper than my local one so thought I’d just go for it but it stung! So bad. All I’ve done since prices soared was just sticking in £20 so this was the first time I’d filled up fully.

It’s horrific. I just filled my whole tank up as I passed a petrol station that was 3p cheaper than my local one so thought I’d just go for it but it stung! So bad. All I’ve done since prices soared was just sticking in £20 so this was the first time I’d filled up fully.
Same in mainland europe...my country is more expensive than Italy now, which used tobe the country with the highest prices near me.

We've had 36 degrees already this month. I fear for August.

Then there's the drough in the Po region, about 25% of European grown rice is already dead, and it's only June. The hottest months are still ahead. Water stores in this region are already empty. People will soon have no drinking water.

But sure, let's plough ahead with Profit before everything else, putting the onus of carbon footprints on regular consumers while Amazon destroys millions of products that are brand new every month.

This is going to become an absolute shitshow sooner rather than later. If Italy can't cope with the drought, food prices are going to rise and rise even more.

I feel so hopeless and useless in the face of an evermounting crisis and we STILL. DON'T. CARE. Politicians don't care. Nobody cares. They have greed in their hearts and they're going to slaughter the human race for this bleeping comic:

1656108449059.png

• Heart
  • Sad
I recently was exhausted after a trip to town, and said to myself 'sod it, im going into this bar (in a hotel) and having myself a nice cocktail before I catch the bus home' - something I'd never done alone before. I so enjoyed it and shall do it more often! However, I must say I did seem to attract a bit of attention, being a woman on her own. People don't bat an eyelid at a man drinking alone. We will have to change that !
What a fabulous idea! ⭐

I think Covid has made some power-tripper people even worse than usual.

I was behind a lady in the supermarket today who was being told off by a cranky checkout lady for not buying what she needed - she had six tins of cat food which didn't seem excessive to me. I felt so sorry for the lady and really wanted to step in and give the checkout woman a piece of my mind! I did make a point of going up to the lady in the carpark afterwards to tell her how disgusted I was with the way she was treated.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Bikini I bought for my holiday the clasp has just snapped the first time I have worn it 😡

Out of the 28 days returns so will see what their customer services have to say

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.