What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arguing my case with Glasgow City Council. Been 4 weeks of unimaginable stress, the law on my side. My MP was great, on it ASAP for me, the Education Officer responded to her within 48 hours citing I was in fact correct and they would rectify the situation.

No apologies though. And I wasted my time writing out a 4 paged complaint letter as well as spending £3.45 sending it recorded delivery.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I met a new friend a few weeks ago and we have been for a coffee a few times. She told me that she is a midwife. I found out today that she is an assistant on the post natal ward. Why lie? Also, I hate to think I'd make someone feel like they have to lie.
There’s still lots of shame with not having a high powered job and your job being linked to your own self value.

I would lie about what my father did as a
kid.

Reactions: 6
How men drive me crazy..lmao I try to be a friend but in the end they ghost me and turn out to be jerks. Saying they like you when all of its just lies
I feel that way too. Especially with online dating, it's all just so fake and it feels like all they care about is a quick shag. They'll tell you whatever you want to hear, and if you don't jump on their dicks within the week they'll just ghost you.

Reactions: 1
I met a new friend a few weeks ago and we have been for a coffee a few times. She told me that she is a midwife. I found out today that she is an assistant on the post natal ward. Why lie? Also, I hate to think I'd make someone feel like they have to lie.
I’d be wary of people who lie like this. It would make me wonder what else she’s lying about, and I wouldn’t be able to trust her.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
People who always want to do things to their routine even though my routine is the opposite. If I am saving you a shedload of money while doing you a favour then sorry, we meet to discuss on my terms.

Reactions: 8
At present just the weather, I got back all messy with a damp forehead.

And discovered I'd somehow got a black smudge on the tip of my nose so I did a journey like that without realising!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Listening to people complain about the "cost of living crisis" who also have several foreign holidays booked over the next year, nights out every weekend, several expensive concerts over the summer, theatre trips and weekends away. But yeah, the price of shopping is shocking :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Home organisation experts on social media bombarding us with tips, sorry... hacks, on how to keep a beautiful home , using the following as examples:
Fridges big enough to store bodies in
Walk-in wardrobes. Sorry, closets.
Walk-in pantrys.
Laundry ROOMS.
Yeah, they really pi$$ me off. Thay seem to believe we all are fortunate to have them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ELDERLY RELATIVES this is slightly tongue in cheek but I phoned with news. I had something to say and I wanted to say it.

Phone cuts out and I realise with a sigh that they're going to have to figure out how to recharge it. It will take a few hours.

• Haha
  • Heart
people who let what they believe to be a bit of power go to their head.

FB group admin for starters. So many rules and regulations, do they really think everyone can remember what group they are posting in and what rules apply.
A ex admin of one of my groups has " Administrator of (name of group) in his Fb bio.. He was a nice man until I made him a admin then he went nuts, so I removed him holy crap my name was dragged through the mud for ages.. he still wont let it go and its been 8 or more years now 😂

Today suspended from a group for posting a grab of something I wanted built in my garden as it had someone's name on it. The someone has shared the photo/grab everywhere and its all over the WWW.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
people who let what they believe to be a bit of power go to their head.

FB group admin for starters. So many rules and regulations, do they really think everyone can remember what group they are posting in and what rules apply.
A ex admin of one of my groups has " Administrator of (name of group) in his Fb bio.. He was a nice man until I made him a admin then he went nuts, so I removed him holy crap my name was dragged through the mud for ages.. he still wont let it go and its been 8 or more years now 😂

Today suspended from a group for posting a grab of something I wanted built in my garden as it had someone's name on it. The someone has shared the photo/grab everywhere and its all over the WWW.
I am an admin of 2 FB groups, didnt go to my head it can be hard work with some members who dont let things go - especially with talk of a certain Virus being disallowed in one of em

Reactions: 2
Pregnant people that bang on about sickness.

Ever since Kate Middleton had hyperemesis gravidarum, every single celeb and influencer have latched on to it. You can’t just have regular morning sickness, it’s got to to be “I couldn’t keep anything down, I was sick all the time, my partner had to hold my hair back as I was throwing up all the time”.

Half the time it’s just regular old morning sickness and feeling nauseous . There’s a huge difference between that and HG.

I hate that whenever I say I am having a drink/hungover, people ask who I am/was with! Or that when I sit in a bar people feel sorry for me because I am on my own and come and sit with me! A girl can enjoy a drink on her own!

• Heart
I'm having another attempt at giving up smoking and to be honest, everything is giving me the rage, especially my husband, who is pissing me off by just existing.
I'm going to make some bread just so that I can pound the hell out of the dough, it might help to release the anger. Mind you, when it comes out of the oven and is completely inedible (I'm not great at bread-making at the best of times) I'll be even more enraged! 😭😭

• Heart
  • Haha
People who wear face masks outdoors. It's 25 degrees out, I've just been out and seen several people masked up and some wearing coats aswell. Unbelievable.

Idiots like that are why A&E is full of people suffering heat stroke every time there's a slight heatwave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
People who wear face masks outdoors. It's 25 degrees out, I've just been out and seen several people masked up and some wearing coats aswell. Unbelievable.

Idiots like that are why A&E is full of people suffering heat stroke every time there's a slight heatwave.
I'm sitting in A&E right now feeling frustrated!

Relative fainted. It was a bit sudden and unexpected and I scooted over as fast as I could. She's in a hospital bed but this takes hours and my phone's going to run out of charge

• Sad
  • Heart
I hate that whenever I say I am having a drink/hungover, people ask who I am/was with! Or that when I sit in a bar people feel sorry for me because I am on my own and come and sit with me! A girl can enjoy a drink on her own!
this this this!!!

i love drinking in bars by myself - i like to people watch and have a nice glass of wine with a book or magazine. i had an overnight stay in london on wednesday and thought lovely, i’ll go to the hotel bar, have a rose, nice evening…….. within ten seconds two women had come over because i looked “lonely” and then i had to make small talk for ages before they left for a meal.

i like doing a lot of things by myself though (like going to shows/the theatre/the cinema) which people never seem to understand!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My father is my biggest source of hurt.

Conversation from 40 mins goes like this:

I went to my brothers room to give him something I bought for him. He wasn’t there but my father was sat there his floor on his phone and calling my name.

Me: “I was upset you called me a parasite yesterday.”
Him: That never happened.
Me: yes it did
Him: fine go away then.
I leave.

Listening to people complain about the "cost of living crisis" who also have several foreign holidays booked over the next year, nights out every weekend, several expensive concerts over the summer, theatre trips and weekends away. But yeah, the price of shopping is shocking :rolleyes:
I remember one of my old friend’s complaining that she was broke but then maybe spending £1,500 on laser hair removal had something to do with it.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
this this this!!!

i love drinking in bars by myself - i like to people watch and have a nice glass of wine with a book or magazine. i had an overnight stay in london on wednesday and thought lovely, i’ll go to the hotel bar, have a rose, nice evening…….. within ten seconds two women had come over because i looked “lonely” and then i had to make small talk for ages before they left for a meal.

i like doing a lot of things by myself though (like going to shows/the theatre/the cinema) which people never seem to understand!
Some people would just never do it so they struggle to understand that someone else would. Which is a shame, would be nice if they could discover the enjoyment of their own company 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Some people would just never do it so they struggle to understand that someone else would. Which is a shame, would be nice if they could discover the enjoyment of their own company 😊
I recently was exhausted after a trip to town, and said to myself 'sod it, im going into this bar (in a hotel) and having myself a nice cocktail before I catch the bus home' - something I'd never done alone before. I so enjoyed it and shall do it more often! However, I must say I did seem to attract a bit of attention, being a woman on her own. People don't bat an eyelid at a man drinking alone. We will have to change that !

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.