Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
The Grand National is disgrace. A horse died yesterday, I just looked and 55 horses have died at the National event since 2000, absolutely awful. Poor horses 😪.

Horse racing should go the same way as cock-fighting, bear-baiting and fox-hunting - it's cruel and should be banned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Milehammer

My beautiful 8 year old cat literally dropped dead a few days ago out of nowhere (wasn't ill that we knew of and not hit by a car) I should be sad but I just feel angry.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Meringue22

VIP Member
Me again. Tattlers who can’t be arsed to read the thread so they ask to be filled in on the latest. Read the thread you lazy fucking melt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

1001 others

VIP Member
My beautiful 8 year old cat literally dropped dead a few days ago out of nowhere (wasn't ill that we knew of and not hit by a car) I should be sad but I just feel angry.
I am so, so, so, sorry to hear that.

It happened to me recently too (with my dog) and I just feel ripped off! I'm angry, but I don't know who to be angry at. It's just so unfair!

Sending you much love.

My rant is that my neighbour is adamant that my hen is hers! My hen escaped over the fence and managed to ditch her ankle tag in the process, so I can't really prove that she's mine. When I call her (she's very tame) she comes, and I have photos of her but ... well, she does look like every other brown shaver! I've asked her to please let her back as her sisters miss her but she's not budging. She's a lovely lady, but because she lost one a couple of days prior, she's adamant she's hers, returned.
Just a wee update - she's back! She escaped the neighbour's property and found her way back to me! :LOL: She's such a clever wee hen. Her ankle tag is well and truly secured on now!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

HoGi

VIP Member
My husband is an arse sometimes.

Just now we were going out to the chest freezer in the garage to freeze some pizza dough balls. I said grab a bag for life as it will be better they are all in 1 place rather than loose.

I go to the freezer and start making space for the bag of balls.

He comes out with all the balls in his arms no bag.

Me: I need a bag I can't put them in loose

Husband: I couldn't find one

Me: in the bag of bags

Husband: I could only see big bags (meaning the strong bags for life that cost a couple of quid not the 10p ones)

Me: FFS I will do it myself (goes inside, goes to bag of bags and finds a normal bag for life inside the big bags and is back outside in less than 30 seconds)

Me: There were loads of them you obviously didn't even look

Husband: I couldn't see them

Me: did you even open the bag to look?

Husband: I couldn't I had my arms full of balls of dough...

WHY ARE MEN SO FUCKING STUPID

Looks first with your hands free then fill the bag with the balls you fucking cretin

And he won't apologise for wasting my time having to go back and get the bag which was a simple task as a 41 year old man he should be capable of doing

• Haha
Reactions: 23

JoJo76

VIP Member
Not a rant so much, more that I need to get stuff off my chest in a therapeutic way. I haven’t posted here in off topic for a while. I had a serious injury in January, I broke my back and needed surgery to put me back together, I have a back full of titanium now.

My family have been amazing but it’s starting to take its toll mentally and emotionally on both me and my husband. I’m not coping with my limited mobility which affects my mental health, and in turn it’s affecting him a lot too. This week things got too much, words were said and it became too much for me. I checked out, literally into a premier inn to get away. He said some pretty hurtful things but I will forgive him as it’s been so bloody hard for him too.

I could literally do nothing for so long, and it takes its toll on both parties when you can’t even put a pair of shoes in let alone anything else in life.

Not even really sure where I am going with this. I haven’t ranted and I needed to. Just feel like my life as I know it is over and I’ll never feel fun or happy again.

Yes, I am in touch the a doctor, I’m on meds, and also have started acupuncture as an alternative therapy. I suppose I’m just feeling sorry for myself.
Sorry if this is incoherent, I started typing and didn’t know really where to go with it. I think I just needed to vent.

• Heart
  • Sad

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
We tried to make a "kind" gesture at work yesterday, and put some large household goods out as free to collector at the back of our workshop premises. When some people were taking them, they also took the storage rack that they'd been placed on even though a member of staff challenged them and asked them not to. It's taken me all day today appealing on a local FB page and someone told me that the people were in sheltered accomodation run by a local charity up the road so I rang them. They were so rude, saying it's nothing to do with them and all I was asking was them to ask the people where they'd left this £300 storage rack. It's also huge so not something that they wouldn't have seen.
So we're now £300 out of pocket for this kind gesture and I've got a feeling that they took it to a scrap dealer :mad::mad:

Charity can fuck right off from now on.

• Sad
  • Angry

rubyred66

Chatty Member
I want to rant about food bank abuse, I go to a slimming club mid week, we donate things to a basket for a raffle, we are also donating to the community food bank, a lady in the group, her daughter uses it weekly as they struggle with the cost of living. I had a food processor that I said I no longer needed. The lady in group asked if I can drop it off to her daughter, I said yes.
When I went to the house I was invited in, there was a tv 3 times the size of mind consuming an entire wall. I was treated to a coffee on a bean to machine that she said she spent over £1,000 on. When I left I thought, this person is using the food bank every week but has just spent over £1,000 on a coffee machine. I just gave her a food processing machine away to her for free too. I thought am I being a little harsh and not appreciating the cost of things now. Or is this person abusing a food bank?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

quinzel

VIP Member
Today I was out at the local reservoir to start couch to 5k. It was a beautiful day and I was really looking forward to getting started. At one of the walking parts at the start, a dog ran up to me (not on a lead, owner was sitting on a bench, it was a Staffordshire terrier) jumped up at me (gave me a scare!) but I thought it maybe just wanted to be friendly but it started biting me! The owner stood up and started shouting at the dog but didn’t run over or anything, all while I’m trying to get away from this dog biting me! It really knocked my confidence ☹ Couldn’t complete the first day which made me feel a bit of a failure but it would have meant going past them again. I got a grunted apology and that was it. I’m glad it was me as opposed to a child. I hope he gets the dog a leash.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart

Lauryloo

I just waited 2 hours for an ambulance for my 7 year old after she had a seizure, stopped breathing and turned blue.

Hospital is 45 mins away and I didn't want to risk driving in case it happened again

She's epileptic but this was something new and terrifying. Husband away with her while I stay with our other children

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I've posted before about being completely screwed over at work over a job, which ultimately resulted in my contract not being renewed. Today was my last day and I didn't get so much as a leaving card from my colleagues! My manager apologised that she had meant to get me some flowers on her way to work this morning but she was running late so hadn't got to Tesco. Not that I wanted a big fuss or anything, but some sort of acknowledgment would have been nice! They got the agency girl who had worked there less time than me a card and flowers when she left a few weeks ago 😕Any sadness I had about leaving that place has completely evaporated!

• Sad
  • Heart

no-no

VIP Member
I had to go to A&E after a two-hour wait in a walk-in because they didn’t deal with what I presented with and the amount of time-wasters in A&E was disgraceful. The clientele made the job centre look upmarket. And there was a woman with covid who wouldn’t sit still, going from room to room coughing everywhere (in-between swigging vodka from her water bottle). I had to shower when I got in.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
My dog has been annoying me to no end for a while now.

She's had diarrhea just a month ago, went to the vets, meds, chicken and rice yada yada. Was super worried as she was behaving weirdly (was thankfully "just" the heat). Meds worked. Today, diarreah, again. I will be going to the vets on monday, this time also taking a poo sample to check for giardia. I know she's not at fault, but every single month there is some shit or other where I have to take her to the vets, or have to worry that something is seriously wrong with her. I can't take it any more! How am I gonna deal when she's older?

Just now she's smacking her lips and licking herself and I just want to fucking scream!

Any time I sit at my kichen table she just keeps fucking staring at me! I have to actually visually block her from looking at me because I become so insanely enraged!

I can't even have a calm evening watching telly because she keeps looking at me, staring any time I dare to move! There is no momemt where I feel unobserved. Ever.

I can't take a single step without her either walking after me, or staring at me like a wounded puppy because I told her to stay on her bed. I can't even pee in peace.

She's always in my way! I don’t know how many times I've told her off for standing right in the middle of where I want to go and she just fucking never learns! I asked her, told her, physically moved her, been nice, stern, pissed, etc.

I guess really it's because she realised that I feel terrible for not having as much time for her as I'd like. I do walk her enough but I don't do any sort of training any more. We maybe play with sticks for 15 minutes two to three times a week, but that's all the "work" we do. I do try to walk her 3 times a day, and one of them being longer but it's just not always feasible. So it's the same old 30 minute round the park route a lit of the time.

I just feel like a terrible dog mom and I think she learned that and takes full advantage in a dog kind of way. Making me resentful, making everything even worse as now I am angry at her, feeling terrible for being angry at her, AND feeling terrible for not doing enough. And her constant watchfulness of what I'm doing is just bringing me to my boiling point.
Your dog is nervous around you, it doesn't know what its doing wrong, its not understanding its in your way its not deliberately trying to annoy you its trying to understand what is going on and why you are angry at her all the time, she isn't looking at you thinking why are you not walking me why are you not doing this or that.. That is you and your human thoughts .. Dogs are very simple souls

For some reason you are resentful of your dog , I don't know if its because you are anticipating the day when they are really ill and you cant cope even thinking about that so are pulling away or you feel guilty for no longer walking her as much, She wont be thinking that, dogs live in the now and as long as she is with you and walked she don't give a shit how long the walk is.. maybe you could do one huge super walk once a week to tire her mind or get those food puzzles so her mind is kept busy or even hire a dog walker once a week who takes them with other dogs for a long run.

Just remember she isn't looking at you thinking what you think she is, dogs don't do that, she just wants to know she is loved by you and wants to show you how much she loves you.

But remember its very OK to admit that having your dog isn't working out and its ok to find another suitable home for them,
I have rehomed two dogs who I loved very much due to my circumstances changing

Sorry if this is a bit of a word salad but was up half the night.

• Heart

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
I'll turn my rant into a piece of advice for those willling to listen : Never, EVER, apply fake tan after consuming four glasses of wine.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I've heard the word Christmas twice today. It's fucking August.

Christmas is not that good. We don't need to have a 5 month build up to it. No one should be talking about bloody Christmas until October at the earliest

Bianca Del Rio

I was supposed to be going for food and drinks with my friend this evening. I text her a few hours ago to let her know what time I should be back from an appointment and she’s replied saying she found out yesterday that she has to go to a family thing this evening instead and was “literally just about to text” when I did. Is it just me? That’s rude as shit isn’t it? If you knew yesterday, why didn’t you tell me then when I would have had time to make other plans? 🙄 Clown.

• Heart
  • Wow

grumpy_curry

I just wanna up and sell my house and move to the woods to become a witch in the forest. I am so annoyed with modern life. Fuck computers, fuck plastic, fuck the overexhaustion of my brain being constantly in a dompamine high or looking for the next hit, fuck constantly having to be available and reachable and still feeling more lonely than ever, no soulful connection to be had.

• Heart
  • Sad

Pinkii

VIP Member
The BBC and Media in general. Fed up of all the ‘warnings’… covid, monkey pox and now the weather! Don’t go outside it’s red weather warning (it’s a hot summer for once), now it yellow warning for thunderstorms for f%#ks sake. Next will be flooding, then snow.
Yep and to add on this i’m so fucking sick and tired of the big guns expecting us peasants to lower our standard of living to help everything.

Eat less meat, don’t use your cars, use paper straws, turn off your heating, sit in a dark room, don’t dare water your plants or grass cause there is a drought.

i know we can do our bit to help but i’m not going to have a shitter life than i do to help line the pockets of people who don’t need it.

So just FUCK OFFFFFFF!

klarakluckbag

VIP Member
I had to go to A&E after a two-hour wait in a walk-in because they didn’t deal with what I presented with and the amount of time-wasters in A&E was disgraceful. The clientele made the job centre look upmarket. And there was a woman with covid who wouldn’t sit still, going from room to room coughing everywhere (in-between swigging vodka from her water bottle). I had to shower when I got in.
My mate works in A&E and he reckons they see at least 20-30 people each day with Covid. Nothing really wrong with them, apart from a cough and sore throat, they probably do feel like shit (I had it last week for the first time and it was awful), but it's not like there's anything that the hospital can do, apart from send them away with a free pack of 8 paracetamol tablets. They're just time-wasters, plus they're spreading all around to people who are actually unwell or injured.
One of my colleagues is a proper Covid-denier, she was off sick two weeks ago, but "popped in" to work on her way to her GP. It was obvious what she had, she was coughing her guts up, and was struggling to stand up for long as she was so weak. When we told her to go home and take a test, she replied "Oh for god's sake, there are other things going around apart from Covid you know". Guess who (finally) tested positive, two days later? Along with me and two other colleagues, a few days later 😡😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

prozacprincess

VIP Member
My face hurts like hell and my husband still managed to pick a fight …I had oral surgery yesterday and I’m in so much pain. I can’t speak properly so I asked him to talk to the builders on my behalf and he thinks I’m just being difficult 😳

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20