What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Husbands parents encouraging us to have a baby, for years. We do and they seem totally uninterested. Theyve met the baby and looked after her once. Weve travelled to visit them and they almost treat her like an inconvenience when she is around. 🤯

They had 3 kids themselves, so surely they like kids right!?

Im just thinking maybe they're not in to the baby stage.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Whole load of stress about cars tonight.

Husband and I have one car between us, he works from home so rarely needs it and I was a SAHM for years and did all pick ups/drop offs for children. I started a new job a few months ago which is really awkward to get to on public transport but really easy by car so if I'm working I take the car. 1 week in 3 I do back shifts so husband needs to do the running around for after school activities. For the first few months we had my mother in law's car as they were away but they came back beginning of June so back to just our car. I had covid the last time I should have been on back shift so this is the first week it's caused issues.

In-laws have an elderly neighbour across the road, have known her for ever etc who has a car sitting there doing nothing as she's now too infirm to use it. Kept badgering me to give it a run to keep it going as didn't want to sell it. So I arranged that I was going to use it today and tomorrow as that means kids can still go to clubs and husband can take them in our car. I worked til 7, went to pick my eldest up from a club at 8 and came home with her car. No point taking it round as I'm using it again tomorrow and it's a half hour walk back from her house. An hour later I'm getting a call from MIL saying that the neighbour has been phoning them repeatedly since this afternoon trying to find out what had happened to her car. At no point did she phone me to find out where the car was when she absolutely has my number 🤷‍♀️ I then had to phone the neighbour to tell her I had it at my house and she was very anxious to make sure it was back tomorrow morning and actually would have liked it back tonight but I was already in jammies so said no.

When I organised it with her she made out I could use it whenever I liked, she was pleased it was getting driven yet the reality is clearly that I can use it for very specific times and it has to be on her driveway every night! So instead of making my life easier, she's just given me more stress and ensured that I'll never use the bleeping car again. She cannot walk without 2 sticks, there's no way she'll ever drive again so it'll sit there doing nothing again.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ulster Bank withdrawing out of the Republic of Ireland is wrecking my head. The amount of direct debits, bills and payments I've needed to chase up today with my new IBAN number is making my head spin.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I am hot. It’s time to be sleeping and I am not. I am sick of summer already and there are 2 more months of it. Also have been invited to a party at my bosses house and what do I do with that!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My mum has another cancer scare :cry:
About three years ago, she had a keratosis patch on her nose, which would develop into skin cancer if left untreated. Luckily, a good derm found it fast and was able to remove it with minimal scarring. She has had, since then, had to have laser treatment twice on other areas of her phase due to the same thing. It never developed to be skin cancer but would end up if not treated in time.

A bit over two years ago she found a tiny bit of blood after she went on the toilet and had that checked out immediately: a small, slow-growing stage 0-1 colon cancer. It was removed successfully, no chemo was needed and she has check-ups every three months for it, all were fine. Her last one was in April and they said she could reduce her visits to every six months.
Today she called that she again found blood after wiping. My parents were actually on vacation but will come back a few days early because she is understandably anxious to get that checked out on Monday if possible. Her next check-up was also already pulled in. I hope it's just a stupid coincidence, maybe truly a hemorrhoid or something like that and that they can check it out quickly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
How useless my GP surgery is:
Put in an e consult on Tuesday. I had to wait until today for them to contact me.
They keep trying to give me things that don't work or the NHS say are unsafe for me to have. Apparently, it'll be ok and if my breathing plays up, (I have days where walking to the end of the road is hard) I could just come off it? We're not talking about constipation or another mildly irritating side effect. (ok, the last time my medication did give me constipation, it was very painful due to broken ribs)

But this is the same surgery who, despite being told by the chest clinic they can't see me now because my appointment will take too long, still decided I have anxiety. I'm having a lung scan on Tuesday.

They also can't follow simple instructions like don't call me on my mobile. I've had to block their number because I was getting fed up of being phoned on it. (I can't hear that well)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I'm feeling like all I do at the minute is listen to people whinge.

Listen to people whinge at work. Come home and listen to people whinge. Spend time with friends and listen to them whinge. The only people who don't whinge to me are customer service people 😂 times are hard right now and I recognise that what I am doing now is whinging 😂 but I'd love to hear some good news for once

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
People who dont know how to drive on a roundabout. .
I drive for a living and it is unbelievable the amount of people who just sit there with a gormless look on their face as if thinking ( Now what?) 🤔
Seriously, the amount of time wasted, and then typically, we ALL start to move at the same time!!

Agghhhhhh 👊

Reactions: 10
I'm not really sure this is a rant but I'm poorly at present (but in recovery!) and am huddled up on the sofa with a blanket. Next door suddenly came in through the back door and I straightened up in alarm.

Then I got petted over a bit and told I looked a bit pale and unwell and she picked up my liquid ibuprofen and said "What's this?"

Then she said she'd check up on me later and I thought please no. It's left me a bit frazzled!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I'm not really sure this is a rant but I'm poorly at present (but in recovery!) and am huddled up on the sofa with a blanket. Next door suddenly came in through the back door and I straightened up in alarm.

Then I got petted over a bit and told I looked a bit pale and unwell and she picked up my liquid ibuprofen and said "What's this?"

Then she said she'd check up on me later and I thought please no. It's left me a bit frazzled!
Thats why god invented doorlocks

Reactions: 12
I'm not allowed to fit a lock!! Long story
is it for safety reasons? what about a key safe or at least a note on the door telling people who just come in to knock and wait for a minute first. I would be on tenterhooks all the time .

Reactions: 5
I’m here to complain about my holiday being ruined by my boyfriend getting covid, me feeling ill because of hay fever/pre period flu/possibly covid off him.

We already had to get the coach a day early last week because of the rail strike, plus his nan has missed an entire week of the holiday because she had covid :/

Honestly I’ve spent most of this fortnight wishing I was at home in my own comfy bed with my cat :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm so frustrated at my clumsiness.

A couple of weeks ago, my very over-excited dog jumped up at me and the side of his head managed to whack me in the eye. It was such a shock that I fell, hitting my forehead on a branch. The result was a very bloodied and bruised eye and forehead - I honestly looked as if I'd been beaten up and although it's healing now, it seems to be taking its time. My dog is young and hyperactive and he looked mortified when it all happened.

This morning, I was grating some cheese and managed to grate off some skin on my thumb knuckle as well. It hurts like heck and despite having two plasters on it, it's still bleeding like crazy.

I just went out to get the washing in off the line and slipped on a bit of night-time frost that's formed on our balcony. I went flying backwards and have hurt the small of my back. Thankfully my husband is home so came running when I called him. I'm about to have a muscle soak bath and hope it brings some relief.

I'm feeling like all I do at the minute is listen to people whinge.

Listen to people whinge at work. Come home and listen to people whinge. Spend time with friends and listen to them whinge. The only people who don't whinge to me are customer service people 😂 times are hard right now and I recognise that what I am doing now is whinging 😂 but I'd love to hear some good news for once
It does seem that everyone has something to whinge about at the moment ... tough times.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My neighbour and I share a fence that is overgrown with ivy. I wanted to remove the ivy when I bought the house, she didn't and insisted there was an agreement with the previous owner.

Ok sure. Not happy about that but I won't be starting a fight with her over bloody ivy.

Now, she's retired but I work 40+ hrs a week, need to do renovations and I also have a dog. So my time is blooy well spent already, in addition to household etc.

Today I went outside to look at the garden and what do I see? She's cut the ivy on top. On my side it looks ugly as duck, and she left all the bleeping cuttings lying on my side of the fence. Suffocating the oregano plants, in all my flower beds too. Bloody passive agressiveness is getting on my last nerve!!!

Cut it, whatever, you cow, but then clean the duck up! Now I've spent the whole morning gardening which I did NOT want to do in 30 °C heat to get it somewhat nice again.

She's also weeding my walkway every month, saying "I kNoW yOu DoNt CaRe". No you stupid old git, I just don't have the bleeping TIME!!!!!

She also keeps on "joking" about me being single at 33. Ha ha. Funny how I would love to have a family but it's just not happening, so hilarious.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m sick of spending all my time with my bfs family, got insulted by his sister this morning and ive seen his mum almost everyday this week. Yet when my parents who I’ve not seen in over a week pop in for 20 mins he isn’t even polite enough to put his phone down and have a conversation. He sits there all miserable like it’s a bleeping inconvenience my family want to see me yet his can just pop in bleeping Willy nilly every day without warning

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’m sick of spending all my time with my bfs family, got insulted by his sister this morning and ive seen his mum almost everyday this week. Yet when my parents who I’ve not seen in over a week pop in for 20 mins he isn’t even polite enough to put his phone down and have a conversation. He sits there all miserable like it’s a bleeping inconvenience my family want to see me yet his can just pop in bleeping Willy nilly every day without warning
I know EXACTLY what you mean, I've just had a whole weekend of HIS family. . And wonder why I feel SO uncomfortable in my own home with his family here!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.