What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if there’s already a thread for this. I did have a look through the first several pages and couldn’t find one. What do you want to rant about today?! What’s a really annoyed you?!
Today the fact I’ve had to cook has annoyed me when I feel like rubbish! 😫😫 feeling sorry for myself 🤣

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My face hurts like hell and my husband still managed to pick a fight …I had oral surgery yesterday and I’m in so much pain. I can’t speak properly so I asked him to talk to the builders on my behalf and he thinks I’m just being difficult 😳

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I start my new job today & spent all day yesterday looking for high waisted, long black trousers but couldn't find any.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
This is random but how do you start a new thread for a public account with 60k followers x

This is random but how do you start a new thread for a public account with 60k followers x
Go to the relevant part of the forum ie if they’re on Instagram go to Instagrammers then click the orange button at the top right to start a new thread

Reactions: 1
The passport office! We sent our applications off weeks ago, they have been signed for as received (sent by Special Deliver). However they haven’t “received” them on their system and are threatening to cancel the applications, plus we lose our fees! Not booked anywhere yet though thankfully, but lots of people have had to cancel their travel or holidays due to not receiving passports. Also they may have actually lost our personal docs, an old passport and a birth certificate (so hassle to obtain another, well the passport is a piece of personal history and irreplaceable.)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
The passport office! We sent our applications off weeks ago, they have been signed for as received (sent by Special Deliver). However they haven’t “received” them on their system and are threatening to cancel the applications, plus we lose our fees! Not booked anywhere yet though thankfully, but lots of people have had to cancel their travel or holidays due to not receiving passports. Also they may have actually lost our personal docs, an old passport and a birth certificate (so hassle to obtain another, well the passport is a piece of personal history and irreplaceable.)
Why are they threatening to cancel your application? Hope you get sorted!

Reactions: 4
Why are they threatening to cancel your application? Hope you get sorted!
Because they say they haven’t received our documents - but we have sent them. Think there is a huge backlog maybe. I feel like they’ve fallen into a black hole!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I had to go to A&E after a two-hour wait in a walk-in because they didn’t deal with what I presented with and the amount of time-wasters in A&E was disgraceful. The clientele made the job centre look upmarket. And there was a woman with covid who wouldn’t sit still, going from room to room coughing everywhere (in-between swigging vodka from her water bottle). I had to shower when I got in.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I had to go to A&E after a two-hour wait in a walk-in because they didn’t deal with what I presented with and the amount of time-wasters in A&E was disgraceful. The clientele made the job centre look upmarket. And there was a woman with covid who wouldn’t sit still, going from room to room coughing everywhere (in-between swigging vodka from her water bottle). I had to shower when I got in.
My mate works in A&E and he reckons they see at least 20-30 people each day with Covid. Nothing really wrong with them, apart from a cough and sore throat, they probably do feel like tit (I had it last week for the first time and it was awful), but it's not like there's anything that the hospital can do, apart from send them away with a free pack of 8 paracetamol tablets. They're just time-wasters, plus they're spreading all around to people who are actually unwell or injured.
One of my colleagues is a proper Covid-denier, she was off sick two weeks ago, but "popped in" to work on her way to her GP. It was obvious what she had, she was coughing her guts up, and was struggling to stand up for long as she was so weak. When we told her to go home and take a test, she replied "Oh for god's sake, there are other things going around apart from Covid you know". Guess who (finally) tested positive, two days later? Along with me and two other colleagues, a few days later 😡😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
The time wasters at A&E bloody annoy me too.

I assumed that kids and elderly would be triaged quicker (aside from those who present with serious symptoms), but that is clearly not the case. Pre-Covid, a good friend spent six hours with her 4-year-old waiting to be seen and was trying to wrangle her 2-year-old at the same time. The 4-year-old was vomiting everywhere and when she asked the lady at the counter for some help; she was told to wait her turn. It was the middle of the night, and A&E was full of people who really didn't need to be there (people sipping from alcohol bottles and eating takeaways, despite being told not to, for a start!).

-----------

My rant is that my neighbour is adamant that my hen is hers! My hen escaped over the fence and managed to ditch her ankle tag in the process, so I can't really prove that she's mine. When I call her (she's very tame) she comes, and I have photos of her but ... well, she does look like every other brown shaver! I've asked her to please let her back as her sisters miss her but she's not budging. She's a lovely lady, but because she lost one a couple of days prior, she's adamant she's hers, returned.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m ranting today because I’ve tried so hard all week with my Slimming World plan but because I’m due on I’ve maintained. It’ll be water retention! I know SW like the back of my hand as I’ve done it on and off for ages and I know I will see the benefit next week instead but it does dishearten me when I put the effort in and don’t see the results!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m ranting today because I’ve tried so hard all week with my Slimming World plan but because I’m due on I’ve maintained. It’ll be water retention! I know SW like the back of my hand as I’ve done it on and off for ages and I know I will see the benefit next week instead but it does dishearten me when I put the effort in and don’t see the results!
You will see results soon, sounds like you’re committed and know why you’re doing. I hate the week before I’m due on, I view my whole body differently - always feel bigger and swear I have more cellulite. It’s weird.

I’m so pissed off about one thing at work at the moment, in general I love my job and I’m good at it but this is really bugging me. We have a national team that works well and mostly a good dynamic in each local office. They’re now trying to make regional teams a thing as well, it’s like how many teams do you want us to be part of and of course it means extra (highly pointless) meetings - exactly what everyone needs! I haven’t gone into details because it’s boring so might not sound that bad but basically we have too many levels of management and each manager is try to make their own mark rather than thinking about what is best for the team and the company. Does my head in.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I caught Covid and struggled to sleep last night as I have raging insomnia.

• Sad
  • Heart
You will see results soon, sounds like you’re committed and know why you’re doing. I hate the week before I’m due on, I view my whole body differently - always feel bigger and swear I have more cellulite. It’s weird.

I’m so pissed off about one thing at work at the moment, in general I love my job and I’m good at it but this is really bugging me. We have a national team that works well and mostly a good dynamic in each local office. They’re now trying to make regional teams a thing as well, it’s like how many teams do you want us to be part of and of course it means extra (highly pointless) meetings - exactly what everyone needs! I haven’t gone into details because it’s boring so might not sound that bad but basically we have too many levels of management and each manager is try to make their own mark rather than thinking about what is best for the team and the company. Does my head in.
Yeah it’s awful when it’s the run up to coming on! It sucks being female sometimes 😫🤣
I get what you mean about work! I swear sometimes that managers try to make work for themselves by coming up with stupid ideas! I’ve experienced this where I work! They have to have a meeting about having a meeting sometimes! They get paid too much for not doing so much imo!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My mate works in A&E and he reckons they see at least 20-30 people each day with Covid. Nothing really wrong with them, apart from a cough and sore throat, they probably do feel like tit (I had it last week for the first time and it was awful), but it's not like there's anything that the hospital can do, apart from send them away with a free pack of 8 paracetamol tablets. They're just time-wasters, plus they're spreading all around to people who are actually unwell or injured.
One of my colleagues is a proper Covid-denier, she was off sick two weeks ago, but "popped in" to work on her way to her GP. It was obvious what she had, she was coughing her guts up, and was struggling to stand up for long as she was so weak. When we told her to go home and take a test, she replied "Oh for god's sake, there are other things going around apart from Covid you know". Guess who (finally) tested positive, two days later? Along with me and two other colleagues, a few days later 😡😡
Did you remind your colleague that you don't want to end up poorly by catching 'other things' either?

I caught Covid and struggled to sleep last night as I have raging insomnia.
That's quite common (it might help to know that you're not alone). I hope you're able to get plenty of rest during the day and it doesn't linger for too long.

Reactions: 3
I'm here to rant about the little scrote who decided to destroy my son's entry into the egg decorating competition, before it even had the chance to be judged. He worked so hard on it. I hope the Easter Bunny shits on their eggs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm here to rant about the little scrote who decided to destroy my son's entry into the egg decorating competition, before it even had the chance to be judged. He worked so hard in it. I hope the Easter Bunny shits on their eggs.
Your poor son. That's so mean. :(. There are some horrible scummy people around.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.