What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is exactly what happened to my husband. He applied for a job that he was absolutely qualified for. It's quite niche. Before he applied we actually discussed that it was probably already earmarked for someone internally because of the way it was written. He didn't make the paper sift!

He wasn't bothered because he's content doing contract work at the moment but it did make us both roll our eyes.

This is my rant ... if you have a post you can fill internally why bother with external applications? ( I know it's the law) What an absolute waste of time and effort for everyone involved. Just a huge paper exercise.
I work for a huge company and there are so many roles I don’t apply for as you know the hiring manager already has someone lined up but they have to follow the rules, anytime I have bothered to apply surprise surprise the person we knew was going to get the role got it, it’s so frustrating and they wonder why people leave!

Reactions: 8
Had a job rejection come through this morning 😫 I've asked for feedback so I'll see what they say but it's put a downer on my Friday!

@LydiaDeetzHat & @Chocolategoggler thanks for your advice upthread! I thought I did pretty well to be honest and was happy coming out of the interview so I'll just see what the feedback says
i'm so sorry. don't be disheartened . onwards and upwards as they say and try to use the experience as a learning process. try and make lots of notes about it and if you get useful feedback note what you can work on.Then we can hopefully assist you again soon.
---
Don’t feel too bad, there can be so many reasons why you get rejected and some of them are completely not on you. Sometimes they’ve already got someone ear marked internally and you can have the best interview in the world but it’s all for nothing. Sometimes the company barely even know what they’re looking for and are just interviewing to see if they find their unicorn candidate. Sometimes they’ve already offered someone but are just doing a couple more interviews to have back ups in case the person turns the job down. What I’m saying is it’s not always something you didn’t do. It’s absolutely the right thing to do to ask for feedback though. Keep going :)
excellent advice there and very well put
---
Absolutely agree. Some places just interview to meet the law even though they've already chosen who they want.
I got feedback in a women's changing room. Bumped into the woman who interviewed me. She said I didn't get the job as I was too attractive and would therefore distract the workforce. Think she was mad about it. It's not recent. Things were different in those days.
wow interesting because I have often felt over the years i don't get the job because im not at all attractive/ugly

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I know what you mean. I haven’t had my hair done in a year and wanted to treat myself before my son is born in a couple of months but just can’t justify the over £100 it will cost 😩
Hair salons often need models. If you’re okay with a student being taught you could get a hairstyle for free. I was nervous, but my student already had 10 years experience and was learning some new layering technique.

If you’re in London, HARI's also does model cuts and blow drys for £10.

Reactions: 7
Hair salons often need models. If you’re okay with a student being taught you could get a hairstyle for free. I was nervous, but my student already had 10 years experience and was learning some new layering technique.

I used to do this!😁. My hairdresser used to ask if I'd let a hair company do a perm on my hair or a colour.
I felt like the Queen, and used to enjoy doing my Miss Piggy hair flicking routine at work, bragging about Wella or whoever flying oop North to do my hair.
I remember being asked which designer I had got my jeans from. They actually came from a catalogue company and cost peanuts. I didn't tell them that, though. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My Boss. bleeping hell.

My expertise is in X. My boss has a vague understanding. Rather than accepting I understand more and asking my opinion and guidance she makes it out like I don't understand X and tries to gaslight me (and I don't use that phrase lightly) by acting like I don't understand. Let go of your ego for a bloody second and accept some people know more than you do about things.

Reactions: 9
It’s my birthday today and I’ve had a really tit day. Friends and family members have forgotten and I’ve been an afterthought to others with not even a card. Nobody asked me to do anything so I spent the day taking my gran out for some shopping.

I came home and cried.

Cheers to 31!🙄🥂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
It’s my birthday today and I’ve had a really tit day. Friends and family members have forgotten and I’ve been an afterthought to others with not even a card. Nobody asked me to do anything so I spent the day taking my gran out for some shopping.

I came home and cried.

Cheers to 31!🙄🥂
Happy Birthday 💐 People suck.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I came home and cried.

Cheers to 31!🙄🥂
Happy birthday 💕 get yourself a nice takeaway or dessert, watch your fave show and pamper yourself, people suck

• Heart
Absolutely not. Shoved a double stacked bacon Cheeseburger with beer battered chunky chips down my fat non Ireland living gob.
I know I'm not skinny, but I'm not ginormous either. I'm a 14 and 5ft 9. Even if I was a size 30, she should keep her evil comments to herself.
How do I kill her off? Asking for a friend of course 👀
I know it’s Irish but watch bad sisters it’s great and you’ll get plenty of inspiration 😂

Reactions: 3
I know it’s Irish but watch bad sisters it’s great and you’ll get plenty of inspiration 😂
On it! She's just got a hefty pension and a pay off from work. She was bragging that she's a rich granny with almost 200k in her bank account. Would be a crying shame if I invited her to dinner and she choked 🥲

• Haha
I agreed to go out for drinks tomorrow and wish I hadn't now and the weather's also going to be pissing with rain and windy

7faad7e74795197cdd1dd16a367afab1.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

I came home and cried.

Cheers to 31!🙄🥂
Aw happyy birthday lovely. So sorry. Get a takeaway tonight or something ?
I can’t believe how many people lately have posted people have forgot about their birthday !! People are very selfish these days

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I came home and cried.

Cheers to 31!🙄🥂
Happy birthday!! Hope you can do something nice for yourself.
---
On it! She's just got a hefty pension and a pay off from work. She was bragging that she's a rich granny with almost 200k in her bank account. Would be a crying shame if I invited her to dinner and she choked 🥲
Maybe give her the thrill of her life by hiring a male stripper?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Happy Birthday 💐 People suck.
Happy Birthday . Seconded.
th.jpg

---
Aw happyy birthday lovely. So sorry. Get a takeaway tonight or something ?
I can’t believe how many people lately have posted people have forgot about their birthday !! People are very selfish these days
pretty sure this will be me in a couple of months time. I think I got my last Birthday card a few yrs back before my parents died. My dad died in August a month before my birthday and I never knew that the previous yr would be my last card.. Haven't really had a birthday since then tbh

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

Ooh I didn’t consider this, thank you! I will look into it 😊

If this link works then this article is in the DM today, it’s actually terrifying what can happen once those photos are out there.

Its not a new thing thats for sure, when I had my child in 2012 lots of photos from my birth group on baby centre were stolen that had been posted of just everyday sharing of the babies etc and we found they'd been used in a role play chat where pedos were involving the babies in stuff I won't put here.

But even pregnancy photos were stolen too, it made me glad I didn't share much in the way of photos but sad for the mums who's photos were taken and used that way.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Same on the birthdays, I haven't quoted as I think my post would end up longer than a horse's todger and I'm not the best at editing. It will be my first birthday soon without Mum which will be hard. For those with forgotten birthdays, as everyone has said, get a takeaway or just take yourself out and sod everyone else. If anyone asks why you're unavailable, look them in the eye and tell them you're celebrating your birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Parents letting kids run wild in shops. One has just ruined an expensive candle & the Father sat & watched her do it. She was old enough to know better😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.