What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am/have been very ill, and work are giving me so much tit, even though I've only had 3 days off. Yesterday I got told I'm allowed one more chance... what, I have to never have a day off sick again, or I'll be sacked. I have no idea why I'm being treated like this! Maybe they want to convince me I'm at fault so I don't inconvenience them by not coming into work when I'm seriously ill?

And how can it be legal that an employer doesn't have to accept a doctor's note?!?!?!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I am/have been very ill, and work are giving me so much tit, even though I've only had 3 days off. Yesterday I got told I'm allowed one more chance... what, I have to never have a day off sick again, or I'll be sacked. I have no idea why I'm being treated like this! Maybe they want to convince me I'm at fault so I don't inconvenience them by not coming into work when I'm seriously ill?

And how can it be legal that an employer doesn't have to accept a doctor's note?!?!?!
It’s not legal 😐😐 the person saying this to you needs to be reported

Reactions: 13

this group give free advice.

---
Mute all work messages if you can.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Get some decent legal advice about HR issues, there’s quite a few places about that can help x really hope you feel better soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People taking photos of their sick kids and posting them on SM!!!!!! Just be their parent ffs!!!! Stop sticking a phone on their face and posing with them! This stupid witch on instagram posting about her son being sick - his complexion is GREY! What a total invasion of privacy to have your poorly self plastered all over the internet to 55k people! Furious on his behalf.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
One influencer (life with oaks and olive) was asking her followers if she she take her kid to the hospital despite them looking “floppy”. Then she filmed them at the back of the ambulance.

Another (Simon hopper) posted a picture of paramedics in his kitchen, when his twin wasn’t breathing properly.

Sick kids are just content and used for engagement and sympathy comments.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
One influencer (life with oaks and olive) was asking her followers if she she take her kid to the hospital despite them looking “floppy”. Then she filmed them at the back of the ambulance.

Another (Simon hopper) posted a picture of paramedics in his kitchen, when his twin wasn’t breathing properly.

Sick kids are just content and used for engagement and sympathy comments.
imagine your kid having a medical emergency, so much so that they can’t breathe, and you’re like “let me get my phone and take a pic”. What the actual duck? Would you not be distraught?!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I know you should never begrudge someone being pregnant but as someone who is struggling to conceive and has been for over a year, it really bleeping hurts when you see a pregnant woman posting tiktoks which show she still hasn't given up smoking. I'd give anything to carry a healthy baby then there's people out there who are choosing to put their unborn child at risk. It makes me so angry

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
The length of time retailers take to refund. I had an order cancelled on Monday last week and I’m still waiting for my refund of over £50 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 9
imagine your kid having a medical emergency, so much so that they can’t breathe, and you’re like “let me get my phone and take a pic”. What the actual duck? Would you not be distraught?!
WTAF is right 😡

Stacey Solomon brought crap into hospital with her when her little boy was hospitalised so that she could continue flogging it on instagram. While the child was undergoing surgery.

I think at the time there were still restrictions around. I remember reading on here about people being stopped from bringing in a takeaway coffee.

B80A0220-A3EB-43DC-AA58-DDFE59376F2A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
WTAF is right 😡

Stacey Solomon brought crap into hospital with her when her little boy was hospitalised so that she could continue flogging it on instagram. While the child was undergoing surgery.

I think at the time there were still restrictions around. I remember reading on here about people being stopped from bringing in a takeaway coffee.

View attachment 2320497
A fake plant?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Serious rant.

My best friend is an alcoholic.

I don’t really know how to help her at this point. I give her all the advice in the world, but the minute a drink passes her lips it all goes out of the window.

She’s lost many of her friends at this point due to her behaviour. Her brother will no longer speak to her.

I thought her rock bottom a couple of years ago would make a difference. She called me, drunk and told me she was driving her car. She’d said she’d had 3 bottles of wine. That’s when I heard a little voice behind her saying “Mummy, where are we going?” And I realised she had her children in the car with her. I did everything I could. Called the police, described her car, told them where she was going. They didn’t get there in time to catch her. Thank god the children didn’t get hurt. But as they didn’t catch her at the wheel nothing was done. She was in a bad way so they got social services involved which did very little. I told her I wouldn’t speak to her ever again for putting her children in that situation.

I did speak to her again though, and it’s been nearly two years now and while she hasn’t drunk and driven since, she’s still out of control.

I don’t know what has to happen to make her see she needs help.

The thing that sickens me the most is she’s constantly getting herself into credit card debt. £10k at the time and what does her dad do? He just pays it off and tells her not to do it again. Think of what all that money could do if he just got her private residency help? I don’t get it. It feels like he doesn’t care.

She will die soon. Whether it’ll be alcohol poisoning, liver cirrhosis or whether she’ll break a glass and cut herself and pass out from the bleeding, or trip and fall down the stairs.

She can’t go on like this and I don’t know how to help. I can’t cut her off, she will spiral and believe it or not when she’s sober she’s a good friend. I’ve tried speaking to her mum and her dad but nothing ever happens. It’s so depressing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
People taking photos of their sick kids and posting them on SM!!!!!! Just be their parent ffs!!!! Stop sticking a phone on their face and posing with them! This stupid witch on instagram posting about her son being sick - his complexion is GREY! What a total invasion of privacy to have your poorly self plastered all over the internet to 55k people! Furious on his behalf.
If this link works then this article is in the DM today, it’s actually terrifying what can happen once those photos are out there.

Reactions: 3
If this link works then this article is in the DM today, it’s actually terrifying what can happen once those photos are out there.

Thanks for sharing. Just archived all photos of my children and won’t be posting them again! I’ve a locked profile but feel like you can never truly be too careful. The whole thing is sickening.

Reactions: 4
Serious rant.

My best friend is an alcoholic.

I don’t really know how to help her at this point. I give her all the advice in the world, but the minute a drink passes her lips it all goes out of the window.

She’s lost many of her friends at this point due to her behaviour. Her brother will no longer speak to her.

I thought her rock bottom a couple of years ago would make a difference. She called me, drunk and told me she was driving her car. She’d said she’d had 3 bottles of wine. That’s when I heard a little voice behind her saying “Mummy, where are we going?” And I realised she had her children in the car with her. I did everything I could. Called the police, described her car, told them where she was going. They didn’t get there in time to catch her. Thank god the children didn’t get hurt. But as they didn’t catch her at the wheel nothing was done. She was in a bad way so they got social services involved which did very little. I told her I wouldn’t speak to her ever again for putting her children in that situation.

I did speak to her again though, and it’s been nearly two years now and while she hasn’t drunk and driven since, she’s still out of control.

I don’t know what has to happen to make her see she needs help.

The thing that sickens me the most is she’s constantly getting herself into credit card debt. £10k at the time and what does her dad do? He just pays it off and tells her not to do it again. Think of what all that money could do if he just got her private residency help? I don’t get it. It feels like he doesn’t care.

She will die soon. Whether it’ll be alcohol poisoning, liver cirrhosis or whether she’ll break a glass and cut herself and pass out from the bleeding, or trip and fall down the stairs.

She can’t go on like this and I don’t know how to help. I can’t cut her off, she will spiral and believe it or not when she’s sober she’s a good friend. I’ve tried speaking to her mum and her dad but nothing ever happens. It’s so depressing.
Thats so sad. I know 3 people who've died due to alcoholism and 1 who tbh I have no idea how he's still here. He's in assisted living because his brains gone with it.

Unless she wants help there's nothing you can impactfully do. But you can choose to be there or not. If you cant be there this isnt on you! Its her demon.

Thats so sad. I know 3 people who've died due to alcoholism and 1 who tbh I have no idea how he's still here. He's in assisted living because his brains gone with it.

Unless she wants help there's nothing you can impactfully do. But you can choose to be there or not. If you cant be there this isnt on you! Its her demon.
You’re right, there’s nothing I can really do. If I had the money I’d pay for her to have private treatment, but unfortunately I don’t. I continue to be there for her but it’s very depressing watching her gradually turn into someone I don’t know.

Having to wait around all day for my GP to get back to me

They've now said tomorrow, so I've wasted most of my day waiting in for nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
You’re right, there’s nothing I can really do. If I had the money I’d pay for her to have private treatment, but unfortunately I don’t. I continue to be there for her but it’s very depressing watching her gradually turn into someone I don’t know.
Its difficult but just dont hold that guilt. You have the best intentions and its a tit situation. Please remember if anything does happen that it's not your fault! We are the makers of our own destiny!

My rant will totally change the direction of the above comment BUT when you either parallel park OR pull forward to reverse onto a drive how far do you drive PAST your target?
I dont know if its just me, i do get wound up easily. I would say at the most 1 cars length, a small car at that. If reversing onto a drive maybe half a car if that...

My neighbours - and im talking the ENTIRE family. Practically drive down the street before the put it in reverse. Its the most overly dramatic, needlessly long maneuver ever and they all do it. This is the same neighbour who has to open and close each door and the boot when they get in or out. The same neighbour who start their cars to creep forward 10cm. The same neighbours who cause parking wars in the street because they have more cars than sense. They also refuse to pull in if they are picking someone up. Its a quiet street fair enough but there's always cars going up and down. They are just incredibly selfish scumbags.

Reactions: 1
People who have no situational awareness when driving drive me mad!
Examples from today only -
At petrol station and the front pump is out of use. Guy fills up and uses pay at pump. His wife then gets out and goes into the shop and he just sits at the pump. Move forwards whilst you wait!!
Waiting at red lights on a small road joining a large one. Woman in front of me leaves a good car gap between her and the front of the queue so literally no one can go anywhere so cars backed up onto main road. Look in your mirrors and to your right and see what's happening around you!
Going to park in a road side bay, there's enough spaces for 2 cars comfortably. Guy pulls into the end of the bay and instead of pulling forward to I can just pull in behind him, he stops and leaves a car sized gap between 2 cars. Meaning I had to stop both lanes of traffic whilst I reversed in. All he needed to do was pull forward.
I don't get how these people just bumble along without a thought for whats going on around them.

Reactions: 8
My nail girl said today her prices are going up in October. They only just went up in march
My hairdresser is putting hers up in October as well

my car tax has gone up this year
Everything except our wages are going up!!!!!!
---
People who have no situational awareness when driving drive me mad!
Examples from today only -
At petrol station and the front pump is out of use. Guy fills up and uses pay at pump. His wife then gets out and goes into the shop and he just sits at the pump. Move forwards whilst you wait!!
Waiting at red lights on a small road joining a large one. Woman in front of me leaves a good car gap between her and the front of the queue so literally no one can go anywhere so cars backed up onto main road. Look in your mirrors and to your right and see what's happening around you!
Going to park in a road side bay, there's enough spaces for 2 cars comfortably. Guy pulls into the end of the bay and instead of pulling forward to I can just pull in behind him, he stops and leaves a car sized gap between 2 cars. Meaning I had to stop both lanes of traffic whilst I reversed in. All he needed to do was pull forward.
I don't get how these people just bumble along without a thought for whats going on around them.
Honestly that first one would make me rage. Why didn’t she go in and pay and get whatever she wanted out of the shop whilst he filled up. It would make things so much quicker
People only think about themselves

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.