What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The constant talk of the barbie and oppenheimer films everywhere! It's on YT, it's on TV, it's on my phone. Can't escape it!

I DONT CARE FOR EITHER OF THEM duck OFF

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yea that film looks like sack of pink tit. Hated Barbie when I was a kid and that ain’t changed! It also sounds quite anti men if the byline is anything to go by.
I’m getting to the age where I will tell kids off if they are misbehaving in a public place and the parents aren’t stopping it. the parents can get in the bin if they try to tell me I’m out of order. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so tired this week, I keep jolting awake at like 4am crapping my pants that I’ve slept through my alarm, which I never do and besides I WFH and only start at 08:30 so it would be hard to sleep through! It’s really impacted my mood and I would love a big catch up sleep but I’m working extra atm

Also, so annoyed one of my fave threads has turned to absolute twoddle and rubbish, don’t really like some of the people who joined late on because they never say anything worthwhile or that makes sense. I only really like to take part in threads which are on topic, about the person’s behaviour (not constant remarks about looks etc) and where people make valid statements instead of jumping to conclusions or making wild accusations. I also don’t like people who are unnecessarily rude to other members. I loved having a read of Tattle, it was my guilty pleasure! Aside from this thread has anyone got any good suggestions for a thread?

Reactions: 10
My childs dad

I sent him a message saying I'd bought our child's secondary school uniform today, and I got back "Amazing, are lil girl in big girl uni"

No "How much was it, can I help you pay for anything?"

Every single school year its the same I buy everything, I send clothes underwear to his, I send trainers to his. Because if I don't our daughter goes without.

I know he gives me a bit of money each month and I got half price in the school shop but that doesn't also cover the trainers, football boots, school shoes, coat, hockey stick etc that are needed and my parents always end up helping out which they don't mind at all but they shouldn't have to help.

Reactions: 6
I’m so tired this week, I keep jolting awake at like 4am crapping my pants that I’ve slept through my alarm, which I never do and besides I WFH and only start at 08:30 so it would be hard to sleep through! It’s really impacted my mood and I would love a big catch up sleep but I’m working extra atm

Also, so annoyed one of my fave threads has turned to absolute twoddle and rubbish, don’t really like some of the people who joined late on because they never say anything worthwhile or that makes sense. I only really like to take part in threads which are on topic, about the person’s behaviour (not constant remarks about looks etc) and where people make valid statements instead of jumping to conclusions or making wild accusations. I also don’t like people who are unnecessarily rude to other members. I loved having a read of Tattle, it was my guilty pleasure! Aside from this thread has anyone got any good suggestions for a thread?
Have a look at the threads people on here are following. Click on their picture, then messages.
I quite often find they're following a lot I do. As the saying goes "birds of a feather flock together" 😄😉

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My childs dad

I sent him a message saying I'd bought our child's secondary school uniform today, and I got back "Amazing, are lil girl in big girl uni"

No "How much was it, can I help you pay for anything?"

Every single school year its the same I buy everything, I send clothes underwear to his, I send trainers to his. Because if I don't our daughter goes without.

I know he gives me a bit of money each month and I got half price in the school shop but that doesn't also cover the trainers, football boots, school shoes, coat, hockey stick etc that are needed and my parents always end up helping out which they don't mind at all but they shouldn't have to help.

Reactions: 1
I'll have completed up to 10 interviews so far by the end of this month - this includes those short first phone interviews. Still I'm overthinking, worried I won't find something. I'm new to the adult post grad life, do other people regularly face periods of unemployment like this?

Reactions: 5
I'll have completed up to 10 interviews so far by the end of this month - this includes those short first phone interviews. Still I'm overthinking, worried I won't find something. I'm new to the adult post grad life, do other people regularly face periods of unemployment like this?
Lol, I've had more periods of unemployment than hot dinners. You're getting the interviews so you're clearly attractive to employers so I wouldn't worry about not getting hired straight away, it's just a numbers game you'll get something eventually. Employers are either indecisive or extremely picky and other than care work or retail the labour market is really competitive and employers quite frankly are able to take the piss. I went for a basic admin role at a GP's surgery which had a terrible rota, required saturday working and also travel to another surgery in another town as and when needed, all for minimum wage. duck that!

Reactions: 2
Agree!!!! they’re so pointless imo, especially when it’s windy (i live near the coast so that’s always). The wind blows it inside out. Now you look like an arse trying to get it back the right way and you’re soaking cause 1. it obviously wasn’t blocking rain while it was inside out, 2. the rain that was on it has been shaken all over you while you were trying to get it back the right way and 3. it has now rained inside the umbrella so that water will now just drip on you.

Absolute waste of time, energy, money and material
I bought a very expensive umbrella, which is guaranteed not to turn inside out, no matter how windy it is. All well and good, it absolutely does the job and was worth every penny
Unfortunately, it weighs a bloody ton and I've got tennis elbow in both arms so actually using the thing leaves me in agony! 😭

Reactions: 3
sad to say most of my life i have had a lot of long periods of unemployment. I have thoughts and theories and comments but if I am honest i already have a stomach ache and just watched a nice film so don;t want to get myself down

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Apologies if you're a veggie, but I find even the worst nights are made better with some fried chicken and a little tray of donner meat x

Reactions: 3
I hate it. And if it's a neighbour who 'just saw me get home' then it's even worse. Chances are I'm sweating, in need of a jimmy riddle and just want to sit down instead of talking bollocks for 20 mins.
---
This makes me laugh because it’s so British. In SA nobody ever let’s you know they are popping round. But we are a much more sociable culture
Of course, one person's sociable could be another person's intrusive.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hate when people show up to my house unannounced 🙁
I'm not a fan of this either. It's not so bad now that I live in an apartment and can choose whether or not to respond to the intercom (it has a camera so I can see who's at my garden gate or at the main entranceway before responding). It's very rude though - as is people assuming because you have a day off, that you have no plans and will be sitting on the couch doing nothing.
---
Not a rant so much - more a complaint ... yesterday, I biked 27km with a friend, using her husband's bike ... and today, I can hardly walk, my bum is so sore! Ouch, ouch, ouch.
---
I think you should be proud that you've had so many interviews - keep doing what you're doing, and just *know* that what's meant to be, will be. If anything, these are all great practice. Don't be afraid to ask for feedback. But most of all, once you've done your best in preparing for, and attending, the interview - let it be. Shift your attention to something else. A watched pot never boils, as the saying goes.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.