What do you want to rant about today #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its difficult but just dont hold that guilt. You have the best intentions and its a tit situation. Please remember if anything does happen that it's not your fault! We are the makers of our own destiny!

My rant will totally change the direction of the above comment BUT when you either parallel park OR pull forward to reverse onto a drive how far do you drive PAST your target?
I dont know if its just me, i do get wound up easily. I would say at the most 1 cars length, a small car at that. If reversing onto a drive maybe half a car if that...

My neighbours - and im talking the ENTIRE family. Practically drive down the street before the put it in reverse. Its the most overly dramatic, needlessly long maneuver ever and they all do it. This is the same neighbour who has to open and close each door and the boot when they get in or out. The same neighbour who start their cars to creep forward 10cm. The same neighbours who cause parking wars in the street because they have more cars than sense. They also refuse to pull in if they are picking someone up. Its a quiet street fair enough but there's always cars going up and down. They are just incredibly selfish scumbags.
Yes, a car’s length.

gosh it’s lovely to have another judgemental driver on the thread.🤜🤛

Reactions: 1
Yes, a car’s length.

gosh it’s lovely to have another judgemental driver on the thread.🤜🤛
If i could video it and post it i would. I swear every time i see them (and they seem to get in the car and just go around the block some days) I'm stumped by wtf is going on. Absolutely baffling!
They must think i have a 4x4 or the powers of levitation the way i park 😂

• Haha
I've put on a few pounds recently due to comfort eating/not exercising/metabolism catching up with me in my early 30s . .. I used to have a flat stomach but the new weight has concentrated around the stomach exactly where pregnant women start to "show", but I am not pregnant. Women at work have started looking at my tummy when speaking to me and I am now paranoid about what to wear 😂😭 Today I wore a wrap dress which in hindsight unintentionally highlights the weight gain and several times my female colleagues have been looking there 😦 I've had a stressful few months and could do without eyeballs on my belly because I get all self-conscious.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
My nail girl said today her prices are going up in October. They only just went up in march
My hairdresser is putting hers up in October as well

my car tax has gone up this year
Everything except our wages are going up!!!!!!
---

Honestly that first one would make me rage. Why didn’t she go in and pay and get whatever she wanted out of the shop whilst he filled up. It would make things so much quicker
People only think about themselves
I know what you mean. I haven’t had my hair done in a year and wanted to treat myself before my son is born in a couple of months but just can’t justify the over £100 it will cost 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Stick to your guns. I have had that in the past, the pretend attempt at flattery - if you do it, it will be done right. 🙄

Ask them what part of your work they are taking away in order that you can do this instead, if they won't get off your case.
ETA - most definitely do not agree to the audit, giving feedback etc.
agreed that is a managers job. it is not your remit to manage colleagues and their work

Went into poundland for some ciggie filters but was watched the entire time by some
tit bag security guard.

Many old schools have been converted to flats, I went to one today but entry was impossible.
No intercom, all gates locked, how the duck can I deliver to this address? I ended to taking the
package back to the client.

One rant I forgot yesterday, I asked a member of staff when the new Caesar chicken wrap would
the the wrap of the day.... the member of staff DID NOT KNOW! duck that, fancy not knowing
basic information like that.

I absolutely hate the dentist, takes me ages to get prepared for appointments. I went to an appointment earlier in the week and she said one of my old fillings was broken, it’s not caused me any issue or pain, she poked around and prodded it, then said I needed a new filling there. Booked in for a couple of weeks time. This is a big deal for me.

Since then it feels like my whole tooth has broken in half, I can’t look at it, I dare not eat on that side. It’s on my mind all the time now. Why couldn’t she just leave it alone until the next appointment, it wasn’t causing me any bother and I feel she’s made it worse 😭

• Heart
I absolutely hate the dentist, takes me ages to get prepared for appointments. I went to an appointment earlier in the week and she said one of my old fillings was broken, it’s not caused me any issue or pain, she poked around and prodded it, then said I needed a new filling there. Booked in for a couple of weeks time. This is a big deal for me.

Since then it feels like my whole tooth has broken in half, I can’t look at it, I dare not eat on that side. It’s on my mind all the time now. Why couldn’t she just leave it alone until the next appointment, it wasn’t causing me any bother and I feel she’s made it worse 😭
I have a terrible dental phobia so i feel your pain!

You can get temporary filling stuff from amazon - dentek its called. It doesnt last very long but if it feels open its worth giving it a go, even if you have to do it every day - which i was at one point waiting for mine!

Also buy some orajel if its sore. It tastes kind of like the stuff they use at the dentists and numbs you up.

In terms of being afraid, i helped my phobia by accident!
Firstly i got a new dentist - shes newly qualified, not patronising and she is very focussed on how i am in terms of my fear. On my 2nd check up she looked genuinely happy that i said i wasnt as scared!
Secondly i suffer with my mental health so do a lot of mindfulness, meditations etc. With this practice I think it's drummed into my head when I'm in a position where i have no power and im afraid (medical procedures, dentist) i think about what i am going to do AFTER its over. I will try and imagine it to the minut little details. I will pat myself on the back in my mind for getting through the procedure (despite it being ongoing) its like i treat what is currently happening as if its a memory! Control your breathing too!

Also before they start, tell them youre afraid. Agree if you raise your hand they will give you a breather or something.

It WILL be fine!

The dire lack of common sense from the general public
Amen. when I was younger i used to think there was a general level of commons sense then i worked in retail and found out there wasnt and I'd been giving the general public too much credit

Reactions: 10
by the end of this month I will have gone on 6 interviews since getting laid off at the end of June, and it is really hard to not think that I'll be unemployed forever. (I live in Canada)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
by the end of this month I will have gone on 6 interviews since getting laid off at the end of June, and it is really hard to not think that I'll be unemployed forever. (I live in Canada)
Six interviews in under a month is really good tbh

Six interviews is good. My husband has been applying for jobs since January and has yet to have a single one.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Had a job rejection come through this morning 😫 I've asked for feedback so I'll see what they say but it's put a downer on my Friday!

@LydiaDeetzHat & @Chocolategoggler thanks for your advice upthread! I thought I did pretty well to be honest and was happy coming out of the interview so I'll just see what the feedback says

• Heart
Had a job rejection come through this morning 😫 I've asked for feedback so I'll see what they say but it's put a downer on my Friday!

@LydiaDeetzHat & @Chocolategoggler thanks for your advice upthread! I thought I did pretty well to be honest and was happy coming out of the interview so I'll just see what the feedback says
Don’t feel too bad, there can be so many reasons why you get rejected and some of them are completely not on you. Sometimes they’ve already got someone ear marked internally and you can have the best interview in the world but it’s all for nothing. Sometimes the company barely even know what they’re looking for and are just interviewing to see if they find their unicorn candidate. Sometimes they’ve already offered someone but are just doing a couple more interviews to have back ups in case the person turns the job down. What I’m saying is it’s not always something you didn’t do. It’s absolutely the right thing to do to ask for feedback though. Keep going :)

• Heart
Yes, agree with the above. In my experience, recruitment in most companies is a long-winded shambles! They either don’t really know what they want, or they go completely OTT with the must haves, the hiring managers take ages to review CVs, HR take ages to respond, no-one wants to make decisions and it’s just painful.

It’s great that you’re getting feedback, so many places won’t give it, or give useless feedback.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t feel too bad, there can be so many reasons why you get rejected and some of them are completely not on you. Sometimes they’ve already got someone ear marked internally and you can have the best interview in the world but it’s all for nothing. Sometimes the company barely even know what they’re looking for and are just interviewing to see if they find their unicorn candidate. Sometimes they’ve already offered someone but are just doing a couple more interviews to have back ups in case the person turns the job down. What I’m saying is it’s not always something you didn’t do. It’s absolutely the right thing to do to ask for feedback though. Keep going :)
Absolutely agree. Some places just interview to meet the law even though they've already chosen who they want.
I got feedback in a women's changing room. Bumped into the woman who interviewed me. She said I didn't get the job as I was too attractive and would therefore distract the workforce. Think she was mad about it. It's not recent. Things were different in those days.

• Wow
  • Haha
Don’t feel too bad, there can be so many reasons why you get rejected and some of them are completely not on you. Sometimes they’ve already got someone ear marked internally and you can have the best interview in the world but it’s all for nothing.
This is exactly what happened to my husband. He applied for a job that he was absolutely qualified for. It's quite niche. Before he applied we actually discussed that it was probably already earmarked for someone internally because of the way it was written. He didn't make the paper sift!

He wasn't bothered because he's content doing contract work at the moment but it did make us both roll our eyes.

This is my rant ... if you have a post you can fill internally why bother with external applications? ( I know it's the law) What an absolute waste of time and effort for everyone involved. Just a huge paper exercise.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.