What do you want to rant about today #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very 1st world issues but duck meeee why have holidays gone so expenny?! I’ve just priced up Jamaica for next year and almost passed away. It’s gone up by around £500 from what it was a couple years ago. I get the travel industry are having to recoup the losses from Covid but they’ve really got us by the landing strips here because it’s either everyone says no to holidays to force them to lower the prices or we pay through the nose. As always will be those who work the hardest for the least who lose out I imagine.
A friend of mine looked at a long weekend in the Isle of Skye. £3000!!!!! What in the heck? Have a day off. Not for povvos. I thought she was lying or had misread so I had a check and she was correct. For 3 grand I can go on a cruise and not be attacked my midges
* before anyone @s me. I’m Scottish. Scotland is beautiful. But midges are a bugbear 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This is the issue. People complain they want better pay, so the companies increase their wages but then pass it on to the consumer. Therefore everything becomes even more expensive.
The real issue is the housing market. If mortgages and rent weren’t so ridiculous we all would be able to have once decent holiday a year and not worry about money
---
Also if places like amazon and google just paid proper taxes in the UK we could all probably stop working

Reactions: 8
That’s exactly it, we only have so much disposable income and it’s not in line with the price increases of everything else. Everything is so expensive right now, it’s depressing once all your bills have gone out

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.