Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Someone commented on a photo of me and said "oooh is there an announcement coming soon? 👶❤"
I said absolutely not, I've obviously just hit the all inclusive buffet too hard.
How absolutely mortifying and down right fucking rude 😭.
Deleted and blocked.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

InkHeart

Chatty Member
*Pity party ahead*

I'm feeling down and sort of buzzed at the same time today. Like I could cry, but also like I'm so full of tension that I can't focus on anything and I don't even know if I'll sleep tonight.

Like I guess most people, the cost of living has really got to me. I'm getting paycheques and then having almost nothing left by the end of the day. I can't take a higher paying job because I am a carer for my very autistic relative. She's a great girl and I love her, but today I could just cry, the strain of everything is so much. My mobile phone broke completely out of the blue the other day (just won't turn on, no matter what I do) and I literally can't afford another. I need apps for so many things, like signing into work and contacting people I need to speak to, but the cheapest smart phones are £70. I don't even have £70 in the world. I will have on Tuesday, but this is what's crushing down on me - EVERY time I get some money at the minute, there is another expense like this and there is no money left over, ever. There are no phones for sale on Gumtree or Freecycle or FB Marketplace - well, none that I can afford!

I don't live an extravaggant life, I don't even have a tv license or Netflix subscription, my phone was PAYG, I've lost nearly 2 stone in the past few months and all my clothes are way too big to wear, I need shoes without holes, I need a mattress where I can't feel the springs sticking into me, I need washing up liquid, I need a day out with a friend, I need to cry, I need a hug, I need a break.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Men taking their shirts off just because it's hit 20c.
1. There is no need
2. No one needs to see your gut hanging over your shorts. It's gross.
3. For the 'fitter' ones, most people still aren't interested
4. Bloody double standards. I couldn't even walk around in a bra, never mind topless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
My son got jumped while leaving school. All the little fuckers from the school recorded it and it's going like wildfire on Snapchat. Thankfully hes ok and managed to get a good few punches into the little fuckers head. The school are a sack of shit, like usual. Police are going to write up a report then call us back (that won't happen 🙄).
Oh and it's my birthday , I hate birthdays anyway but particularly hate this one 🤭

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
Fucking disposable bbqs.

Twice this afternoon I’ve been called out to people in the woods having a bbq. Both times, the red hot foil tray was stood on a cardboard box. How do people not realise that the foil tray heats up and burns anything underneath it? Quite apart from the fact bbqs and fires are banned in the woods for obvious reasons, I still spend my entire summer explaining to people in words of one syllable why it’s not the best idea to have a bbq on bone dry grass and how fires can burn underground for days. Then they ask if it’s ok to tip the hot coals out on the ground. No, you chicken headed dunderbrain!

I‘m not a fan of banning stuff but I would love to see a ban on disposable bbqs. They are an absolute menace and the majority of the people who use them are thicker than a whale omelette and would sit there jaw agape and probably dribbling a bit as a wildfire started around them.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Mums84

VIP Member
Depression. How can things be going well, the sun shining, lots of love in my life and I still feel sad. I am medicated and the good days outnumber the bad but sometimes you just wonder why.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Why is everything oversubscribed these days?

I wanted to go to my local pool this morning for a swim. Instead of just turning up at the leisure centre now you have to book on an APP and book before. Of course all the sessions for today were already booked out, so no swim for me.

It's the same for everything now. If you want to go to an Art gallery you have to book ages in advance too. I miss the days when you could just turn up to a swimming pool, theatre, art gallery etc and get in no problem. I hate having to plan everything ages in advance.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
How many more podcasts are we going to be subjected to by bored middle aged women who really aren't experts in what they're talking about, at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Lalla

VIP Member
Two today:
1. My neighbours building work. They have been relentlessly hammering since 8am. It's so loud people have commented when I'm on work calls. I can't have the windows open because that makes it even louder. The banging is affecting my wifi which keeps dropping in & out, and I have a stress headache from the constant noise.

2. Two horses have died recently on a patch of wasteland in our town. They were abandoned without food or water, it was reported to council, RSPCA etc but no action taken; one of them then delivered a foal alone, there was a problem and both the mare and foal died. Their bodies were there for a couple of weeks again because no one wanted to take any action.
The latest is that the other horse has been taken out racing by it's 'owners', it's leg was broken and it was taken back there to die. Another body now that will take weeks to remove :(
The land is owned by either the council or the local NHS trust. The horses are owned by travellers from a local site, hence why no one official is doing anything, because they're all scared of getting involved. It makes me sick to think of those poor animals suffering.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Ensay

VIP Member
I went out for a meal earlier this evening and everyone wanted to see the dessert menu at the end.

I had a browse through and decided on a very tasty sounding pavlova but then one person said “actually I’m too full for a dessert” and everyone else followed suit.

So I’m sat there thinking “do I just order the dessert that I now really want and eat it in front of everyone else?” Obviously I couldn’t so I had to pretend I didn’t want one either and I’m still annoyed about it. 🤣

I feel better now having ranted about it, though!

• Haha
  • Sad

Hollie Day

VIP Member
'are you in the queue'?
No I'm standing here with a trolley full of food pointed in the direction of a till just for the fun of it.

• Haha
  • Heart

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
My brother commented on my weight tonight in front my Mom while we were chatting about a massive family holiday we’re going on at the end of the week. They both laughed at what he said and I just stood there so in shock. I took offence and walked off to go into the other room and waited for him to leave. I’ve since had a massive argument with my Mom for her saying absolutely fuck all to him about how rude.

I wouldn’t mind but I confided in her a couple of weeks ago about how I just feel I a really shitty place about my appearance at the minute and she still didn’t say anything knowing how I’m feeling.

I called her out on it this evening and she’s all like “oh he didn’t mean it”. Absolute load of shit.

CANNOT WIN. I lost a lot of weight when I was younger and all I had was everyone trying to feed me. Now I’m bigger those that you’re supposed to feel comfortable around are taking the piss out of an insecurity.

It’s just made me not want to go away now and I’m so so desperate for a holiday.

• Heart
  • Sad

merlot

Chatty Member
I was meeting a friend for lunch. It's boiling hot... she wants to sit outside. (That's annoyed me for a start because I hate eating outside with the heat & flies landing on food etc) then she starts shrieking & screaming every time a fly buzzes near in case it's a wasp.I wouldn't care so much but she's 43. It's so embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

prozacprincess

VIP Member
A ‘friend’ offered to help me with some diy project as my hands are really bad right now (arthritis and carpal tunnel). He said he’d be over at 6.30pm. I made a start on some things and by 7pm there was still no sign of him. Eventually I get a text at 8.30pm telling me they’re not coming over after all.

I’m really struggling and it took a lot for me to ask for help … I offered to pay him too. I’ve got to stop trusting peoples word as I always get let down eventually 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart

Mums84

VIP Member
The niggling feeling that everything is getting worse for us normal people and going absolutely fab for the rich.

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
So a few posts back I said about me not liking my husbands hobby. 40s re-enactments. Well on the Saturday morning I was struggling with my hair, was tired, (I’m a stroke survivor and lost half my sight due to it) and menopausal. I lost it as he was watch checking. It all came out. The look on his face, it crumpled. I felt terrible. We sat in silence going but did chat later on. Tbh it’s not the event itself I don’t like it’s the faffing about getting ready. How those women did it in ww2 with bombs going and they’re doing pin curls ffs. Anyway I hurt him, did it wrong, but at least it’s out in the open 🤣

• Heart

Sniffing Eggs

Chatty Member
I don't want to come over all James May/Grumpy old woman.

But what absolute wankpuffin decided to turn petrol stations into mini supermarkets?

Pulled in behind a car this morning, filled my car, paid for diesel and then had to wait another 15 mins - every car in town behind me so couldn't back up. Person emerged with 4 big carrier bags; then had to bugger about putting it all in the boot and trying not to drop their coffee

At 8am on the fucking school run. WANKERS!

• Wow
  • Haha

InkHeart

Chatty Member
There is a man in my friend group who Will. Not. Stop. making rape jokes. It's every single time we hang out. There are people there who go on about how they always call out misogyny, but they never say a word to him about this. In fact one of the women has started joining in with him! I absolutely hate it. Last time we hung out, when I heard about 3 rape "jokes" in one day (all just about how he wanted to rape someone, or which of the women he thought had been raped), I snapped and told him it was awful.

He got really defensive and raised his voice (for context, I am a woman 15 years younger than him), but NONE of our mutual friends stepped in. In private everyone told me they agreed with me, but not ONE of them would say it to his face. I am really angry and feel burned out on this friendship group. It is a shame because I have really enjoyed these friendships, but I am so angry and think they are bloody cowards.

• Wow
  • Angry

Black.bird

VIP Member
I feel like some of my so-called friends and family are taking advantage of my kindness.

Last night, a 'friend' asked if she could borrow my car to go and pick something large up (my car is huge; he has a small car) - she followed the request immediately by saying she'd fill the tank afterwards, so I agreed (and I wasn't trying to get one up on her in any way as I tend to keep the petrol tank near full most of the time anyway). Today, she returned it and it is covered in bloody hay/straw! It is everywhere - front and back seats, the boot part, the floor cavities ... my car is kept in pristine condition so when I saw it I was shocked. I rang her and said I want her to take it away and get it cleaned so it's like new - her response to that was she's too busy, and can't I just do it? Not acceptable. I did actually try to do it - I was attempting to vacuum it in my apartment building basement when a man who I know by sight came along and scoffed, saying I'd be lucky to ever get it out. I also tried wrapping tape around my hand and picking up all the bits but it didn't work very well. I booked it in with a groomer today, who charged me $350 because it took so much time to fix. I told my friend she can pay it back to me or our friendship is done. She hasn't replied.

Another 'friend' keeps asking me for money. She is always shopping and blames everyone but herself on being in this situation. I loaned her $1k a couple of years ago and had to keep asking her when she was going to start paying me back, so as far as I'm concerned no - she can just go to a bank (but she can't, because they've told her no as well). She keeps calling, texting, "just to chat" but conversation always turns back to money. I'm so sick of it ... I've ended up blocking her.

Annnnnd ... my sister has three kids. I have none. As the eldest is about to turn 18, I said to her that I'm going to stop buying presents for them when they hit that age. The look on her face was of sheer disgust. Bearing in mind they don't buy me presents - nor does my sister - why is this such a big deal?

Neither of these 'friends' or my sister have been there for me in my times of need. They just seem to take-take-take.

Thank you for listening!

• Heart
  • Sad