What do you want to rant about today #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fuuuuuming my husband ordered something and we have been waiting and waiting checking the delivery progress then last night it says “ delivered” 🤷‍♀️
On the 22 May 🤔🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Details say “We gave it your neighbour as you were not in” erm I work from home next to the front door looking at the path LIARS
Asked all neighbours nuffin and it’s not something they would keep either
And the seller “ it says it was delivered so fuuuck you”

🤬
Phoned them up demanding to get through to the complaints team because it’s ridiculous guy refused and said here’s and email address told them it doesn’t work it keeps bouncing back saying it’s inactive and I want to be put through on the phone and he hung up on me 🙄😒 kept telling me to just reorder the item when it’s gone up by over £100 so that’s me losing money if I do through no mistake on me

Reactions: 3
@Frenchie No, you're not asking too much. And it's not a case of him 'helping' - both of you live there. Some men automatically do this thing of assuming that it's up to the woman to be the manager of all things house related and they get to 'help' out or not, as they please. Nope.
I have to stick up for men here 😁. My friends have some seriously nice husbands, but if they've been brought up by their mum's that it's normal for women to do it, they don't realise (and as we know a lot of men don't like to cross a woman and invade her "territory").
So I just tell my fuming, resentful friends to have a "conversation" about it. Preferably without beating said nice husband up.
So far I've had a 100% success rate 😁

Reactions: 2
Phoned them up demanding to get through to the complaints team because it’s ridiculous guy refused and said here’s and email address told them it doesn’t work it keeps bouncing back saying it’s inactive and I want to be put through on the phone and he hung up on me 🙄😒 kept telling me to just reorder the item when it’s gone up by over £100 so that’s me losing money if I do through no mistake on me
We’ve found out that the whole thing was a scam so now hoping to get reimbursed through the bank but not holding out any hope 🙈 just goes to show even very sensible people like my husband can be hoodwinked !!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I have to stick up for men here 😁. My friends have some seriously nice husbands, but if they've been brought up by their mum's that it's normal for women to do it, they don't realise (and as we know a lot of men don't like to cross a woman and invade her "territory").
So I just tell my fuming, resentful friends to have a "conversation" about it. Preferably without beating said nice husband up.
So far I've had a 100% success rate 😁
He did live with his mum who did everything for a few years on/off 🙈🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I dont want to go to my university graduation, It's too much effort, the time is completely wrong for my parents and sister to come and for me to be able to get my child to school as I'd need to be there an hour before.

My child isn't coning as even though they are old enough, they won't be able to sit through hours of people getting their degrees and I wouldn't expect them too.

But everyone is like "You must go!" But like I can't just leave my child alone before they go off to school and it all seems so much effort socially.
My daughters dad!😤 He is trying to worm his way out of buying our daughter any summer clothes for HIS holiday that she goes on in July for 2 weeks! Yes he pays maintenance but even so he should provide some to keep at his and usually my daughter takes items from each house when she goes away with him and I am fine with it, but she has none that fit her at his! But he will happily buy/pay for a stepson that isn’t his 🤔He told her she shouldn’t have thrown her clothes away (which she had outgrown for reference) he’s a narcissist & thick as mince 🙄😏 #coparentingsucks
I have similar here, my daughters dads is going to want her for two weeks in the holiday and is he going to supply weather appropriate clothes or even clothes in general? He moans if I send clothes but he doesn't even have things for her and kicked off at her bra being on the floor when she went for a shower and insists on buying her vests to wear (the only thing he will buy it seems)

No il have to send her with clothes and she doesn't even want to go there at the weekends so she's going to be so upset about two weeks.

Coparenting really does suck.

I know usually he doesn’t seem to have an issue buying her clothes admittedly they are budget clothes, which is totally fine but naturally they won’t last as long and she has grown a bit recently! He’s so tight it’s unbelievable! I am more than happy to buy her stuff so she doesn’t go without but can’t afford to provide for his house too and for a holiday he’s taking her on 🤦‍♀️ thanks for replying it’s co parenting with a narc unfortunately 😏
I hear you! My narc ex doesn’t even pay maintenance so everything I buy for the youngest I make sure the fucker goes halves

Online feedback surveys that are incredibly long. I'm not saying the company I work for is perfect in any way, but our customer feedback survey is short and snappy because we felt that we'd be more likely to get replies.

However, pretty much every feedback survey I get is stupidly long. I've just had one from M&S in relation to a recent click and collect order. It wasn't that good and I've got a few ideas to improve the process, so I clicked the link in my email. However, I'm told it'll take 10 minutes to complete and they start by asking me a load of questions about my lifestyle/what I enjoy doing.

I lasted the first page (one of those where you have to rate things) but when the second page loaded and it was longer than the first (plus it told me I was 25% complete) I just closed it. They weren't even offering an incentive to complete it.

I just wonder how many staff were involved in making that survey and seemingly not one of them thought "hmm maybe the average person doesn't want to spend at least 10 minutes on a feedback survey". 🤣

Reactions: 6
I dont want to go to my university graduation, It's too much effort, the time is completely wrong for my parents and sister to come and for me to be able to get my child to school as I'd need to be there an hour before.

My child isn't coning as even though they are old enough, they won't be able to sit through hours of people getting their degrees and I wouldn't expect them too.

But everyone is like "You must go!" But like I can't just leave my child alone before they go off to school and it all seems so much effort socially.

I have similar here, my daughters dads is going to want her for two weeks in the holiday and is he going to supply weather appropriate clothes or even clothes in general? He moans if I send clothes but he doesn't even have things for her and kicked off at her bra being on the floor when she went for a shower and insists on buying her vests to wear (the only thing he will buy it seems)

No il have to send her with clothes and she doesn't even want to go there at the weekends so she's going to be so upset about two weeks.

Coparenting really does suck.
Nah, skip graduation it’s boring AF. I told ny parents not too bother coming as it was a 14 hour drive for them plus they didn’t really have the money.
I also didn’t want to go and wish I hadn’t but a friend talked me into it

Reactions: 5
Nah, skip graduation it’s boring AF. I told ny parents not too bother coming as it was a 14 hour drive for them plus they didn’t really have the money.
I agree I went to my first one but didn’t bother with the second even though people told me to go still. Found it boring as well. 2nd one just went for a meal with my parents which was much better

i haven’t been to any of my graduations. got the qualifications and certificates 👍🏻 that’s all that matters to me

I haven't even left home yet and already I feel like I need another shower 🔥🌕
Exactly. I like a sunny day, but I don't like feeling like I'm stinky and sticky by the time I arrive at work 😅
---
It's a lot of standing around, making awkward small talk with your coursemates' families, if I recall 😅

I took a couple of photos outside the main building but got bored (and hot) quite quickly. Other people filled their day taking selfies with everyone, I CBA with that.

Last edited:

If it helps, I didn’t go to mine and I have no regrets. I didn’t like the university, I had a hellish time there and I couldn’t wait to leave. I also had people saying “you have to go” but I just told them the above.
Celebrate how you see fit, don’t do something cause someone says you “should”.

Online feedback surveys that are incredibly long. I'm not saying the company I work for is perfect in any way, but our customer feedback survey is short and snappy because we felt that we'd be more likely to get replies.

However, pretty much every feedback survey I get is stupidly long. I've just had one from M&S in relation to a recent click and collect order. It wasn't that good and I've got a few ideas to improve the process, so I clicked the link in my email. However, I'm told it'll take 10 minutes to complete and they start by asking me a load of questions about my lifestyle/what I enjoy doing.

I lasted the first page (one of those where you have to rate things) but when the second page loaded and it was longer than the first (plus it told me I was 25% complete) I just closed it. They weren't even offering an incentive to complete it.

I just wonder how many staff were involved in making that survey and seemingly not one of them thought "hmm maybe the average person doesn't want to spend at least 10 minutes on a feedback survey". 🤣
I’m in charge of ours at work and generally its 1 question with an optional comment box. Honestly who can be arsed with anything more.

My brother commented on my weight tonight in front my Mom while we were chatting about a massive family holiday we’re going on at the end of the week. They both laughed at what he said and I just stood there so in shock. I took offence and walked off to go into the other room and waited for him to leave. I’ve since had a massive argument with my Mom for her saying absolutely duck all to him about how rude.

I wouldn’t mind but I confided in her a couple of weeks ago about how I just feel I a really crappy place about my appearance at the minute and she still didn’t say anything knowing how I’m feeling.

I called her out on it this evening and she’s all like “oh he didn’t mean it”. Absolute load of tit.

CANNOT WIN. I lost a lot of weight when I was younger and all I had was everyone trying to feed me. Now I’m bigger those that you’re supposed to feel comfortable around are taking the piss out of an insecurity.

It’s just made me not want to go away now and I’m so so desperate for a holiday.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Very 1st world issues but duck meeee why have holidays gone so expenny?! I’ve just priced up Jamaica for next year and almost passed away. It’s gone up by around £500 from what it was a couple years ago. I get the travel industry are having to recoup the losses from Covid but they’ve really got us by the landing strips here because it’s either everyone says no to holidays to force them to lower the prices or we pay through the nose. As always will be those who work the hardest for the least who lose out I imagine.

Reactions: 8
The thoroughly miserable old hag who recited at me words seen on signs at the beach "don't feed the seagulls as they may become aggressive" :rolleyes: as I threw some bird seed at the seagulls.
Ok 🤚 first off witch, don't tell me what to do.
Secondly I know this and I don't care 😀
I could tell she wasn't even arsed about them she just wanted to whinge at someone.
I just threw a ton more bird seed on the ground and at her feet as she walked by 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The thoroughly miserable old hag who recited at me words seen on signs at the beach "don't feed the seagulls as they may become aggressive" :rolleyes: as I threw some bird seed at the seagulls.
Ok 🤚 first off witch, don't tell me what to do.
Secondly I know this and I don't care 😀
I could tell she wasn't even arsed about them she just wanted to whinge at someone.
I just threw a ton more bird seed on the ground and at her feet as she walked by 😄
Christ at least youre doing it at the beach. Our neighbours do it and some absolute beasts of seagulls appear! They must fly miles for this dirty old bread 😂

My rant today. Ppl who try and cause tit/drama like its a hobby.

• Haha
Very 1st world issues but duck meeee why have holidays gone so expenny?! I’ve just priced up Jamaica for next year and almost passed away. It’s gone up by around £500 from what it was a couple years ago. I get the travel industry are having to recoup the losses from Covid but they’ve really got us by the landing strips here because it’s either everyone says no to holidays to force them to lower the prices or we pay through the nose. As always will be those who work the hardest for the least who lose out I imagine.
It's getting unattainable for so many now. Even a 'staycation' I am planning is looking spendy. 😳 I want about 4/5 days visiting some museums etc in London/ Southern area that I've never been to before but the travel cost alone is ridiculous, even before you consider bed and board and food.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.