Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whisperchat

VIP Member
Didn’t pay for my haircut again earlier

As I’m walking out the door the barber starts frantically calling out to me to remind me to pay. I just look him right in the eye and say “what you gonna do pal, stick it back on with glue?”

I’ve used this same tactic on 6 or 7 different barbers this year and none of them have known how to deal with being challenged in this way

This is exactly why I don’t need to work. I went out for a drink with a couple of mates on Saturday and didn’t buy a single round. Neither of them felt brave enough to question my assertion that I’d left my wallet at home

I could never be a ‘wagie’ like them and work myself to the bone for someone else’s benefit. I do what I want, when I want
This has got to be a joke right?😂

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
That’s terrible! Can you take it further?
I'm waiting to see what happens when the engineers come back. It's all under British Gas Home Care so at least I've got someone to shout at.
Unfortunately I don't live near my Dad so I'm not able to be there when these people turn up. He has Home Care so it's easier for him (supposedly) if something goes wrong.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
No really a rant but something that’s playing on my mind. I got married last week, a friend who is coming asked about a wedding gift.

She was in a group chat with two of my other friends inc my maid of honour and apparently there was talk of a group gift which never materialised which was no surprise so the others did their own thing. This one friend has not given a gift nor mentioned it when I thanked the others. My MOH couldn’t believe it and wonders if she forgot as she mentioned a gift at their hotel.

I’m not bothered about the gift itself, but it just seems odd. It’s killing me not to mention it.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I agree. A lady that served me last week said she’s done. She’s only worked at the store 4 months and the customers are so vile she can’t stand it anymore. They’re short staffed so she’s the only one on the tills all day! I worked in retail many years ago and people were bad enough then
Is she polite to the customers? I have worked in several public facing roles and was always polite and gave great service and never found the public to be as vile as people are making out. If ever I did encounter a rude or nasty customer, I didn't let it affect the service I gave to my next customer.