What do you want to rant about today? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went for a job interview today and didn't get it 😏 Even worse, they phoned me to say I didn't get it so I'd totally got my hopes up when I saw them ringing.

I wasn't super enthused about the job but the hours really worked for me and it was term time only which would have been fantastic. It was at my children's school and now I mostly feel embarrassed as the head teacher of the school who I see every couple of months at PTA meetings was on the panel and obviously didn't feel I was good enough for a job. Plus one of the other interviewers also interviewed me last month for a different job and hasn't appointed me twice so it's putting me off applying for another school admin job as she's likely to be interviewing for them too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I went for a job interview today and didn't get it 😏 Even worse, they phoned me to say I didn't get it so I'd totally got my hopes up when I saw them ringing.

I wasn't super enthused about the job but the hours really worked for me and it was term time only which would have been fantastic. It was at my children's school and now I mostly feel embarrassed as the head teacher of the school who I see every couple of months at PTA meetings was on the panel and obviously didn't feel I was good enough for a job. Plus one of the other interviewers also interviewed me last month for a different job and hasn't appointed me twice so it's putting me off applying for another school admin job as she's likely to be interviewing for them too.
Have they given you any feedback? You have a right to hear why they feel you weren’t suitable for the role. Try to keep an open mind when they give you feed back and look at it as an opportunity rather than a stab to the heart which it often feels like.

Reactions: 10
When you just have a very minor moan or feel sad about something and someone guilt trips you...

A colleague asked me if I'd had my hair cut and I replied 'yes, I'm not that happy with it though but I can live with it until it grows' The person responded with 'you shouldn't really be complaining when there are people with cancer who have no hair because of chemo'
Okay Kevin 🤔

I have a son already and I mentioned to a friend that I was disappointed that I'd got my period because we're trying for another and she responded with 'count yourself lucky there are some couples out there that can't have children'
Wtf!! I bloody know that but I can still be a bit sad about things to do with me personally.

When did moaning and saying you feel a bit sad get cancelled.
Social media is terrible for this. People have become accustomed to ripping each other to shreds over EVERYTHING. 😩

Comparison is a thief of joy. Someone always has it worse and always will. I mean hell, there are people out there who are skinned alive. I know that's an extremely grim example, but this is what watching too many crime shows does to you 😂 Plus it means duck all, you don't have their problems, so naturally you are only going to be bothered by the ones you do have. And as is your right.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When you just have a very minor moan or feel sad about something and someone guilt trips you...

A colleague asked me if I'd had my hair cut and I replied 'yes, I'm not that happy with it though but I can live with it until it grows' The person responded with 'you shouldn't really be complaining when there are people with cancer who have no hair because of chemo'
Okay Kevin 🤔

I have a son already and I mentioned to a friend that I was disappointed that I'd got my period because we're trying for another and she responded with 'count yourself lucky there are some couples out there that can't have children'
Wtf!! I bloody know that but I can still be a bit sad about things to do with me personally.

When did moaning and saying you feel a bit sad get cancelled.
Also the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can still be pissed off with your haircut and still empathise with someone going through chemo. I hate replies like that.

An indicator and reverse lights usually mean some one is reversing. If reverse lights an indicator AND they are beside a driveway, common sense would make you think they are backing onto the driveway, no?
I was doing just that and someone came so close up my arse I just about got on. Then started waving hands and shouting at me. They are lucky they drove off before I got out my car or they would have had a mouthful.
I don't even let my husband up my arse, why the duck would I want you up it 🤭
People do this to us everyday, someone even went around me at speed and ended up in my neighbours hedge! I’ve tried hazards, indicators etc but still they just come up behind and then get cross.

Reactions: 4
Sent husband to the shop for loo roll. Rather than buying andrex or anything halfway decent, he comes back with the cheapest 1 ply wafer thin crap ever. Fingers through bog roll when wiping your arse level of cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sent husband to the shop for loo roll. Rather than buying andrex or anything halfway decent, he comes back with the cheapest 1 ply wafer thin crap ever. Fingers through bog roll when wiping your arse level of cheap.
I sent mine to get me some lager, Peroni, San Miguel the usual what I drink. He came back with SOL I was f$cking livid and 2 boxes of it. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat when he hobbled in with it with a bad back until he saw the look on my face.

Then he tried redeeming himself with a tin of my fav coffee that was on offer. Poor bloke
🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People do this to us everyday, someone even went around me at speed and ended up in my neighbours hedge! I’ve tried hazards, indicators etc but still they just come up behind and then get cross.
The turn into our street is quite a sharp turn off a roundabout. I always come off the roundabout slow, brake brake brake and indicate to flash lights to people who are speeding up after leaving the roundabout. I swear every time people GLARE at me for being in their way for 2 seconds. Its so tempting to come straight back out, follow them to wherever THEY are going to park and do the same back.
Used to get the same at my old house, turning right onto my drive so would have to wait for a break in traffic. The disgust on people's faces for just wanting to go home 😂

Reactions: 8
Any style advice along the lines of:

"Strappy shoes cut off your leg and make it look shorter!"
"Straps/sleeves on a top/dress cut off your arm and make it look fat!"

It sounds kinda violent and just plain weird. My legs look short because they ARE short. My arms don't look fat because they're not fat. It's just a way of trying to sound like you have a great idea when you really don't

Reactions: 3
Picture the scene. I... a pedestrian, walking to work on the PAVEMENT got beeped and swore at by a van that mounted the pavement to do a delivery. He beeped and swore at me because he wanted to park up on the pavement that I was walking on.

• Wow
  • Angry
Have they given you any feedback? You have a right to hear why they feel you weren’t suitable for the role. Try to keep an open mind when they give you feed back and look at it as an opportunity rather than a stab to the heart which it often feels like.
They haven't, I was on my way out the door to go to work and was a bit thrown by the "sorry but you haven't got it" phone call as noone has ever phoned me to say I haven't got a job before....consider myself lucky if I get an email usually 🤣 Will need to see if I can request as it would be good to know why they went for someone else. Not that I think I'm amazing but I felt like I'd performed the in-tray exercise well and answered the questions fully with relevant examples 🤷‍♀️ Stab to the heart is a good description as it's hard not to take it personally.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
They haven't, I was on my way out the door to go to work and was a bit thrown by the "sorry but you haven't got it" phone call as noone has ever phoned me to say I haven't got a job before....consider myself lucky if I get an email usually 🤣 Will need to see if I can request as it would be good to know why they went for someone else. Not that I think I'm amazing but I felt like I'd performed the in-tray exercise well and answered the questions fully with relevant examples 🤷‍♀️ Stab to the heart is a good description as it's hard not to take it personally.
Interviews are so hard because you can be the best person for the job but (usually) it all comes down to whoever interviews the best. I know it’s hard but please don’t let this knock your confidence; get some feedback and keep going. Each interview is really good practice/experience and I hope something good comes along for you soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
if it helps at all, I always tell myself that they already had someone lined up and interviewed as a formality. I know most of the time it’s probably not true but it makes me feel better 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
“You can be the juiciest peach in the world but there will still be somebody who doesn’t like peaches”

I always remind myself this when things go 👎🏻 I once read they’ve made their mind up on you within the first 2 seconds and it’s rare it’ll change. So even if you give the best performance of your life, some people just won’t warm to you and it’s 0 reflection on you. I do find that I can tell quite early on when someone isn’t keen and is just going through the motions so I think there is some truth to it. Don’t beat yourself up, I’m sure you did great and it just wasn’t meant to be unfortunately ❤ Something better will be on the horizon im sure of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
“You can be the juiciest peach in the world but there will still be somebody who doesn’t like peaches”

I always remind myself this when things go 👎🏻 I once read they’ve made their mind up on you within the first 2 seconds and it’s rare it’ll change. So even if you give the best performance of your life, some people just won’t warm to you and it’s 0 reflection on you. I do find that I can tell quite early on when someone isn’t keen and is just going through the motions so I think there is some truth to it. Don’t beat yourself up, I’m sure you did great and it just wasn’t meant to be unfortunately ❤ Something better will be on the horizon im sure of it.
I know this wasn't for me, but I needed to hear this. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it better than the 80s school bog roll which could double as tracing paper?

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I interview very very badly. For one of my first jobs, they didn't like me, but they were kind of compelled to take me.

Anyway, I join, and as my job is technical, and my face has quite a few scars they told me, don't bother with the clients the others will deal with them. Okay by me.

Anyway, one day I had to deal with a client, they liked me and told the directors how good I am, and after that my looks were forgotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.