What do you want to rant about today? #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont think people realise how much kittens are, I've had mine two weeks and honesty the amount of tit she does. She's ripped shreds out of my curtains from climbing them and she eats anything. They are crazy but it's so worth it. A picture of the devil reincarnated
I am your kittens lawyer. Please take back the lies you have told about my client who definately did not rip the curtains and certainly does not eat everything. My client has clearly been framed and is innocent.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
A male colleague asked me if I ever smile after work as we were walking out

I feel like my weekend is going to be ruined by this 🫠 I fear this has come from office gossip and now I’m overthinking everything

I know I’m generally a bit unapproachable but I don’t think smiling more would actually fix that, and generally I don’t see it as that much of a problem
What is it with men asking women to smile! They would never say this to a man.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I am your kittens lawyer. Please take back the lies you have told about my client who definately did not rip the curtains and certainly does not eat everything. My client has clearly been framed and is innocent.
I have photographic evidence!! She also likes to bite cables. She's cute so il let her off this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
IMG_7303.jpeg

How could you send him back?

The brothers are so happy to be reunited. Mum, less so, but I have been brought back off the ledge by a friend who says multi-cat houses can work this way if they so much as go to the vet alone, so she should stop being a grump.

As for whether he’s staying or going…,he looked incredibly comfortable on my “puts up with cats” OH’s lap tonight 🤷‍♀️

And as for “he’s too much” for her. We had 5 of them for 9/10 weeks. They were litter trained and the perfect house guests. We took down our curtains for kittenhood (and rolled up our rugs before litter training 😳) so the only complaints I have is that they occasionally try to climb up you and that they like to share your meals.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
View attachment 2886103

The brothers are so happy to be reunited. Mum, less so, but I have been brought back off the ledge by a friend who says multi-cat houses can work this way if they so much as go to the vet alone, so she should stop being a grump.

As for whether he’s staying or going…,he looked incredibly comfortable on my “puts up with cats” OH’s lap tonight 🤷‍♀️

And as for “he’s too much” for her. We had 5 of them for 9/10 weeks. They were litter trained and the perfect house guests. We took down our curtains for kittenhood (and rolled up our rugs before litter training 😳) so the only complaints I have is that they occasionally try to climb up you and that they like to share your meals.
I guess people don't always realise what they take on and if they never had cats, they won't know that they won't be as crazy forever. Probably better though that the person have the kitten back now rather than when the kitty gets attached. Keep him!

Reactions: 11
I guess people don't always realise what they take on and if they never had cats, they won't know that they won't be as crazy forever. Probably better though that the person have the kitten back now rather than when the kitty gets attached. Keep him!
I think, judging by the posts, the decision has been made ;)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 2886103

Guys stop I've been wanting to get a kitten (to add to my existing cat) for ages and you're not helping the urge!! Want one so badly but I don't want to upset my boy I already have, such a dilemma

• Haha
Recruiters are a load of bollocks. My bf saw his dream job on LinkedIn and was via a recruiter. She called, got all his info, led him up the garden path about booking an interview about said dream job then just ghosted him. He then directly phoned the company and was told “oh that job was filled ages ago” Needless to say he told them their recruitment process was a load of tit and a total waste of his time and effort. He then blasted them on linked in and got a very sorry response from the company director apologising!

It’s all just to build up their contacts.
To add, what really wound me up is this recruiter is all over linked in boasting about how she puts clients in their ideal roles and what a fabulous process it is. That and she commented on a post about this guy saying recruiters were awful for ghosting and she replied saying that some candidates aren’t “hungry enough” and that recruiting works both ways!

Not to mention she later spammed him with now blocked job alerts. It’s such a load of tit and has put me and my bf off ever going via a recruiter.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sorry for the rant and TW for domestic abuse and animal abuse, which I will put behind a spoiler.

I am sick to death when people get away with awful things with no consequences.

A relative of mine has been on/dating for 5 years. In that time, they've consistently bragged about their high life (the lows too) all over Facebook.

Considering she's got 3 kids and a 4th on the way, lives in a council house and doesn't work, but she can afford to run a car, get her hair done frequently, nails done, fake tans, eyebrows done, had lip fillers, can buy her kids designer gear and all the latest tech and gear they want, go abroad on all inclusive holidays... One week, she was talking about getting the next universal credit cost of living crisis payment and then they were out at a restaurant, sharing pictures of the receipt showing it cost over £200 for the two of them and they were drinking champagne and not procesco.

I really do think it's because her on/off fella is dodgy and they are both fiddling the system. People have implied he deals drugs, she's made lots of comments relating to it herself, he's always seelig cars, vans, car parts, bikes etc. she claimed during one of their breakups he was in a council flat and was claiming universal credit. Apparently, he's had well over £20,000+ in his bank that he moves around. They were even breeding and selling XL Bully Puppies before the ban.

They are constantly going through phases of sharing how happy they are, then she starts to complain all over Facebook/Instagram about him and then they break up and it's final and she's never taking him back. He's done all sorts. Cheating, abusive...

She's shared that he's hit her, emotionally abused her, financially abused her... Ones that she made public on Facebook was that he threatened to petrol bomb her house with her and the kids inside, he's threw white spirit in her face, he's stolen her kids birthday money, he's stolen her kids Christmas presents, he's thrown stuff at her while she's holding their baby... Just to name a few. The most recent thing he did over new year was send her a video where he was drowning in her dog in a bucket of mop water, which someone got public and went slightly viral which caused them to lock down all their social media.

I've reported them to social services, I've reported him to HMRC for tax avoidance, I've reported them to the police.

But no matter what happens, they always end up back together, sharing how their spending all this amazing amount of money, that they are amazing parents/step-parents (the two older children are not his and Dad is still involved).

I just don't understand how people like that face no consequences. I would love to take my kids abroad, just once for the experience.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Sorry for the rant and TW for domestic abuse and animal abuse, which I will put behind a spoiler.

I am sick to death when people get away with awful things with no consequences.

A relative of mine has been on/dating for 5 years. In that time, they've consistently bragged about their high life (the lows too) all over Facebook.

Considering she's got 3 kids and a 4th on the way, lives in a council house and doesn't work, but she can afford to run a car, get her hair done frequently, nails done, fake tans, eyebrows done, had lip fillers, can buy her kids designer gear and all the latest tech and gear they want, go abroad on all inclusive holidays... One week, she was talking about getting the next universal credit cost of living crisis payment and then they were out at a restaurant, sharing pictures of the receipt showing it cost over £200 for the two of them and they were drinking champagne and not procesco.

I really do think it's because her on/off fella is dodgy and they are both fiddling the system. People have implied he deals drugs, she's made lots of comments relating to it herself, he's always seelig cars, vans, car parts, bikes etc. she claimed during one of their breakups he was in a council flat and was claiming universal credit. Apparently, he's had well over £20,000+ in his bank that he moves around. They were even breeding and selling XL Bully Puppies before the ban.

They are constantly going through phases of sharing how happy they are, then she starts to complain all over Facebook/Instagram about him and then they break up and it's final and she's never taking him back. He's done all sorts. Cheating, abusive...

She's shared that he's hit her, emotionally abused her, financially abused her... Ones that she made public on Facebook was that he threatened to petrol bomb her house with her and the kids inside, he's threw white spirit in her face, he's stolen her kids birthday money, he's stolen her kids Christmas presents, he's thrown stuff at her while she's holding their baby... Just to name a few. The most recent thing he did over new year was send her a video where he was drowning in her dog in a bucket of mop water, which someone got public and went slightly viral which caused them to lock down all their social media.

I've reported them to social services, I've reported him to HMRC for tax avoidance, I've reported them to the police.

But no matter what happens, they always end up back together, sharing how their spending all this amazing amount of money, that they are amazing parents/step-parents (the two older children are not his and Dad is still involved).

I just don't understand how people like that face no consequences. I would love to take my kids abroad, just once for the experience.
Just be thankful that you’re not constantly looking over your shoulder.

Being a good person and peace of mind is priceless ❤

Reactions: 13
Recruiters are a load of bollocks. My bf saw his dream job on LinkedIn and was via a recruiter. She called, got all his info, led him up the garden path about booking an interview about said dream job then just ghosted him. He then directly phoned the company and was told “oh that job was filled ages ago” Needless to say he told them their recruitment process was a load of tit and a total waste of his time and effort. He then blasted them on linked in and got a very sorry response from the company director apologising!

It’s all just to build up their contacts.
100 per cent agree on this. I'm agency anf my contract is due to run out on at the start of May. I'm jobsearching af because not only am i keen to stay at my current workplace, I cannot afford to not work because due to a number of things I will not get any benefits. Single so living without income is not an option especially in London. I get a DM from a recruiter on LinkedIn asking me if I was available for a chat.about a existing role.It's difficult for me to conduct personal business during working hrs because of the security policies so i ask a few qs to avoid wasting time. Salary /location/type of work ie is hybrid or inoffice etc. All suits so i say yes, please call me after 5 when i get home (i work 8 to 4 in office , well 3.30 cos i take only 30 mins lunch) i race home .. NO CALL. I then dm the next day and say i was looking forward to speaking with you. NOTHING.

I do not understand why recruiters ghost you when it is in their interest to engage new candidates

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Guys stop I've been wanting to get a kitten (to add to my existing cat) for ages and you're not helping the urge!! Want one so badly but I don't want to upset my boy I already have, such a dilemma
I know that if I got my kitten when my boy was alive he would've packed his bags and left 🤣 it just depends on the cat though! Mine was a fussy wee prick who would've hated her trying to be friends. I do miss him though and I like to think he sent my kitten to me because man she's humbled me.

• Heart
Friend: we're out tonight. Any issues just text me

He left me with his dog who just vomited everywhere

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I know that if I got my kitten when my boy was alive he would've packed his bags and left 🤣 it just depends on the cat though! Mine was a fussy wee prick who would've hated her trying to be friends. I do miss him though and I like to think he sent my kitten to me because man she's humbled me.
We had a cat who was very social with next doors cat so we thought he’d like a friend in the house. It didn’t go well and he hated her but he did stay with us after initially disappearing for a week. Suspect he was very happy to outlive her and have the place back to himself. He wasn’t even old when we got the second one but he knew what he liked (and it wasn’t her!)

Reactions: 2
We're spending today chopping down bamboo that is taking over our very tiny garden. We bought the house last year and spent the whole summer trying to keep on top of it but it was relentless. No gardeners we've contacted want anything to do with it so we're trying to get rid of it ourselves and hope someone will dig it out for y us if and when we manage to kill it off!

Reached out via email with my CV to a recruiter who had posted some interesting looking jobs and asked if we could arrange a call. This was 48 hours ago. Since then the recruiter has been consistently posting on LinkedIn but never acknowledged my email. After 24 hours I forwarded the email to the main generic inbox and still no response. Why post about roles if you don't respond to people trying to apply for them?
I had this, it’s so disheartening - I actually sent them my CV about ten times because I had no acknowledgement so no idea if their system was working (was also absolutely desperate as was being made redundant from a niche role and had a family to provide for) , then one of the agents phoned me a year or so ago once I’d got a new role and said “we got your CV back then but had no idea what to do with you - but now you’re in your new role we’ve got loads for you” I thought god, I sent you my CV like a nuisance when I was desperate and one of you could have at least picked up the phone and told me to stop wasting my time.

in other rants why are men just so utterly useless? Baby has CMPA and likes the dairy free suckies yoghurts. He says he will go to Tesco and pick some up. Comes back having put us into our overdraft with his shop - bought every flavour of suckies he can find… and not one of them is dairy free 🙃 on top of that he brings home 5 apples and says they were a bag of 6 but they fell out the basket - so he’s picked up 5 off the shop floor, paid for 6 (obviously) and they’re all bruised because they’ve been smashed on the ground 🤦🏻‍♀️ anyway, baby has been waving the suckies in his face and shouting for the last twenty minutes to voice her displeasure so that’ll learn him.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I am sitting in my car in a carpark and someone has parked so close to me. It is one of those people carriers and I feel I have to wait to see if they have to get children out of the back seats (the windows are tinted) as there is no way they will get out as they are so close and I want to make sure they don't fling their door back onto my car. The passenger side is nearest my car.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.