What do you want to rant about today? #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reached out via email with my CV to a recruiter who had posted some interesting looking jobs and asked if we could arrange a call. This was 48 hours ago. Since then the recruiter has been consistently posting on LinkedIn but never acknowledged my email. After 24 hours I forwarded the email to the main generic inbox and still no response. Why post about roles if you don't respond to people trying to apply for them?

Reactions: 16
Reached out via email with my CV to a recruiter who had posted some interesting looking jobs and asked if we could arrange a call. This was 48 hours ago. Since then the recruiter has been consistently posting on LinkedIn but never acknowledged my email. After 24 hours I forwarded the email to the main generic inbox and still no response. Why post about roles if you don't respond to people trying to apply for them?
I’ve been told previously that this is really a scam by recruiters to get more people on their books for IF a job becomes available

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve been told previously that this is really a scam by recruiters to get more people on their books for IF a job becomes available
Hmm, interesting. I mean they do have my details now as I sent my CV so they could set me up without contacting me but you would have thought they'd at least acknowledge me and do the whole "let's have a call and see if we have anything suitable"

Reactions: 6
Recruiters are a load of bollocks. My bf saw his dream job on LinkedIn and was via a recruiter. She called, got all his info, led him up the garden path about booking an interview about said dream job then just ghosted him. He then directly phoned the company and was told “oh that job was filled ages ago” Needless to say he told them their recruitment process was a load of tit and a total waste of his time and effort. He then blasted them on linked in and got a very sorry response from the company director apologising!

It’s all just to build up their contacts.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Admin fees. I literally need to change something that will take two clicks yet am going to be charged £40 for the pleasure
This. I accidentally booked the wrong date for a ticket and noticed straight away and had to pay £20 admin fee to change it, my fault though 😭.
The most annoying admin fee I had though was I had paid an admin fee to change a flight time, which was fine it was my choice, but the airline ended up changing the flight times so I had to pay another admin fee to change them again to better times. I wouldn't have paid to change the original flights if I knew I'd have to do the same again because the airline changed the second flights.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Admin fees. I literally need to change something that will take two clicks yet am going to be charged £40 for the pleasure
Yes! I recently changed my insurance, thought I had ten years no claims but old insurance company said it was nine. So rang them to say change it, oh that’ll be fifty quid admin charge please! Then literally whilst I was on the phone could hear him making like 3 clicks to change it!

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Humanity. Today, it’s the whole of humanity.

There’s roadworks right at the end of my street, so everything is one way, meaning a ten minute detour to get home. In reality, it’s a good 30 minutes with the roadwork traffic.

We went to a Nature Reserve this morning. Walked along the path and came to the crossroads. One side was a knee deep lake (ok, can’t necessarily blame humanity for that, although we can really) and the boardwalk side has been set on fire and was impassable. Had to turn back and could only use a tiny part because of the pram and toddlers.

Then you get the bloody “it’s ok he’s friendly” dog brigade. I don’t care how bleeping friendly it is, stop circling me and jumping at me.

Then a group of men drinking bottles of cider and smoking weed. Not even noon.

So back we go, through the seventy billion roadworks to sit in traffic for 45 minutes. Oh and get abuse for correctly using a zipper lane.

So yeah, TLDR: humanity.

• Sad
  • Heart
One of our kittens has been returned after a week.
I understand and appreciate her reasonings. I’m glad she realised early on and had the courage to tell us she just wasn’t coping with a lively kitten.

I’m sure we’ll find him a home and if not we’ll keep him but having him home has changed the dynamics. Mum is pretty annoyed (and I think has forgotten him 😅), he’s a bit nervous, and his brother is completely oblivious.

(disclaimer - accidental litter, mum about to be spayed)

• Sad
  • Heart
I understand and appreciate her reasonings. I’m glad she realised early on and had the courage to tell us she just wasn’t coping with a lively kitten.

I’m sure we’ll find him a home and if not we’ll keep him but having him home has changed the dynamics. Mum is pretty annoyed (and I think has forgotten him 😅), he’s a bit nervous, and his brother is completely oblivious.

Oh a kitten. God I love kittens so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
A male colleague asked me if I ever smile after work as we were walking out

I feel like my weekend is going to be ruined by this 🫠 I fear this has come from office gossip and now I’m overthinking everything

I know I’m generally a bit unapproachable but I don’t think smiling more would actually fix that, and generally I don’t see it as that much of a problem

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
A male colleague asked me if I ever smile after work as we were walking out

I feel like my weekend is going to be ruined by this 🫠 I fear this has come from office gossip and now I’m overthinking everything

I know I’m generally a bit unapproachable but I don’t think smiling more would actually fix that, and generally I don’t see it as that much of a problem
Fellow over thinker/generally serious person here 👋.

I kept getting similar from a young apprentice at work, when I questioned it he said it's just something he says when he can't think of anything else to say (he was saying it to everyone) 🥴.

Don't let it spoil your weekend x

Reactions: 8

I have a kitten and she’s absolutely mental. I love her so much. She’s so entertaining 😂❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What is this phenomenon where if you’re a younger woman without kids, any woman with children who is older than you feels priority over holding a new baby?

Popped into my sisters today to find my mum and oldest sister there, as well as Nan on baby’s dad’s side. All of them have kids and my oldest sister is considerably older than me. Felt so infantilised when I held the baby! Like “oh, support her head!” “Make sure you get all the milk in her bottle so no air”. It was the most annoying coming from my oldest sister because she has given me three nieces and I’ve been involved with them on a high level since I was 15. Like I’m fully aware what to do, you’ve let me do it to your own kids and never had an issue 🙄

Just feels like it’s a competition or a lesson simply because I don’t have kids even though I’ve been around babies my whole life

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not getting emails from so many places I used to receive emails from and I have never moved them to blocked or junk. I bought some tickets online today and my bloody email has blocked the sender 😡 Can I find out how to view my blocked list? Nope. Have I tried about 5 thousand ways to do it? Yes. Doing my head in 🤯

• Wow
I’m not getting emails from so many places I used to receive emails from and I have never moved them to blocked or junk. I bought some tickets online today and my bloody email has blocked the sender 😡 Can I find out how to view my blocked list? Nope. Have I tried about 5 thousand ways to do it? Yes. Doing my head in 🤯
Have you a spam folder?

I hate recruiters ..they are like the estate agents of the job world!
There was a time when they were really good and ive got some really great roles through some good ones but in last 10 years ive been made redundant a couple of times.and they are just shite! been contacted by recruiters and gone in to discuss role and cv and then you hear nothing from them ever again! i went to one where some boy that looked about 12 year got me to go through my cv from the 90s onwards..it was so draining, then as we finished he said could you go through this with the temp roles guy..i actually said No..ive just talked for nearly 1.5 hours with you about stuff that bears no relevance to what im looking for now you can fill him in! One even sent me for an interview to a company i said i didnt want to ever work for again and only gave details night before interview so i couldnt back out!
All the roles i have got after these redundancies i have got through applying to the firms direct.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I had the soft ones I found them good for a bit but they didn't last long, then I tried the firm 🤣 can't use it haha.

I'm on a hunt for an amazing hotel quality pillow. Was on holiday recently and the hotel had the best pillows I've ever slept on but unfortunately it's Asian brand that I can't buy from
You should have spoken to the hotel, told them and asked how much it would be to buy one/be charged for it if you took it home with you. Hotels will often happily sell you anything in the room, because they'll have a store room with plenty more. It's usually cheaper to ask to buy than if you just took it, and you'll get a brand new one, but if all else fails, just take it and they'll add it to the bill.

Reactions: 2
You should have spoken to the hotel, told them and asked how much it would be to buy one/be charged for it if you took it home with you. Hotels will often happily sell you anything in the room, because they'll have a store room with plenty more. It's usually cheaper to ask to buy than if you just took it, and you'll get a brand new one, but if all else fails, just take it and they'll add it to the bill.
Yes definitely, I really regret not doing that and had space in my suitcase to take it too 😭 goodbye pillow, I'll never see you again 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2

I dont think people realise how much kittens are, I've had mine two weeks and honesty the amount of tit she does. She's ripped shreds out of my curtains from climbing them and she eats anything. They are crazy but it's so worth it. A picture of the devil reincarnated

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.