What Are Your Hobbies?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rode horses when I was younger for around 8 years or so, and still catch myself missing it massively. One day I'd love to do it more frequently.

Japan really is fantastic - I spent a week split between Kyoto and Tokyo a few years ago, and they were the most memorable places I've ever visited. The food is delish (and so cheap over there) and the people are very kind and patient. Where do you plan to visit on your trip? 😊

Osaka and Toyko are the two places I'd love to visit 💕

Reactions: 1
Reading, water colour painting, gardening, Barre, exercising in general, baking, cooking.
I would like to learn guitar but don't have patience for learning the chords. Just want to be able to play and sing a Taylor Swift song 😂

Reactions: 2
I find it awkward when online dating and someone asks me what my hobbies are.
I like food and alcohol and that’s about it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I find it awkward when online dating and someone asks me what my hobbies are.
I like food and alcohol and that’s about it 😂
Tbh that's part of the reason I started trying to find stuff to do 😂 although I reckon food and alcohol are perfectly good hobbies!

• Haha
Video games are my saviour. Any Animal Crossing fans here lol?

Other than that, when I'm not working I like getting stoned and stuffing my face, watching trashy TV and going on walks up the mountains.

I'm also using my free time to learn Japanese right now, planning to go there in 2022 :love:

Edit: I put on some weight last year, so I've been going to the gym a few times a week and doing yoga 2 a week, but that's not really a hobby tbh.. more of a chore.

Reactions: 3
I write fiction, but after taking a long break from it due to mental health and and unrealistic expectations of perfection, I find it really hard to get back into an efortless routine again? Some years ago, I used to be able to just sit down and bleed, as Hemingway put it. Now it's eye-bleeping the cursor for the better part of the process. I love reading but like most people who were able to finish a book a day when they were younger and now struggle to finish a book in a whole week, I find that my attention span is ruined thanks to the time I spend on social media or generally staring at the screens. I would say that work, chores and general adulthood gets in the way but I've faced with the time I spend on my phone thanks to the screen time thing and I have zero excuses if I can find that much of my day to spend scrolling mindlessly. SIGH.

I love art but don't claim to be an expert on it, I have my favourites and I really enjoy museum time. I look forward to being able to visit paintings again once I consider traveling safe again. I also love ballet; I found the lockdown streams of Royal Ballet, Bolshoi and other companies so anjoyable. I wish these were available all the time. Not everyone can spare the time and money to attend a performance whenever they like but most people who enjoy them would happily spend a humble fee to be able to watch performances online, even for a limited time. /rant

I used to love sitting down with a cup of tea on Saturday mornings to go through my favourite blogs in early 2010s but that blogging scene is pretty much dead. I also watch Youtube, obviously, but I don't know if I would consider it a hobby as it's become more of a mind numbing routine to tune out the anxiety haha

• Heart
I'm a huge fan of black and white movies. Love Casablanca and Brief Encounter.

I used to love adult colouring books. Pop a podcast or rom-com on in the background and colour away. Need to get back into it.

Other than that, football. God I miss going to matches so much :(

I don’t really have any interesting hobbies. I really enjoy playing video games, does that count? I fell in love with Red Dead Redemption 2 over lockdown. First game to actually make me cry at the end I was so enamoured with the story, the characters, the settings etc. Just a beautifully crafted game.
Loved Rdr2 as well! Fantastic game, although I found online boring after completing the story... are you playing anything good lately?

Aside from video games, I love to read and did have a book Instagram account for reviews but gave up posting in Julyish when I realised I was spending more time stressing out about how my grid looked/taking photos/ likes & engagement than actually reading!

I started surfing last year which I absolutely love everything about, I’m lucky to live within walking distance of the sea but have only been twice since lockdown.

Loved Rdr2 as well! Fantastic game, although I found online boring after completing the story... are you playing anything good lately?

Aside from video games, I love to read and did have a book Instagram account for reviews but gave up posting in Julyish when I realised I was spending more time stressing out about how my grid looked/taking photos/ likes & engagement than actually reading!

I started surfing last year which I absolutely love everything about, I’m lucky to live within walking distance of the sea but have only been twice since lockdown.
My friend lent me The Last of us 2 so I’m currently playing that, liking it so far, not sure if it’s better than the first one though. Some bits have made me jump out of my skin, other bits I’ve found slightly frustrating. It’s one of those games where you can’t rush through areas and you need to take your time. Graphics are amazing.

Before that I played Watchdogs and Watchdogs 2. Both really fun games, the first one has a darker story whereas the second is a bit more lighthearted. They are not as intricate as RDR2(which is basically the king of games to me right now😂) but I quite enjoy games that involve stealth and the gadgets are fun, especially in the second one. I’d love a video game discussion thread, not sure how active it would be though?

Felt similarly about my Goodreads challenge. I was rushing to hit the numbers and keeping ahead of the schedule instead of actually thinking about what I wanted to read next! I feel better about my books ever since I removed numbers and statistics out of my reading.

I took up ice skating as an adult and loved it.
I do some things for fitness like yoga and running. I miss going to gigs.
I'd love to learn to dance, when this is all over.
I am trying to learn Italian and French which I studied at school but I find Duolingo frustrating - any good language app recommendations?

Hi there
I love writing stories and poems,and I'm learning Romanian as its such a beautiful language and i love learning it. I love all kinds of music my playlist are seriously shocking 😂😂

Bit OT so sorry but quite a few of you have mentioned yoga. I really want to like it and get into it to increase my flexibility and hip strength which is currently awful. I'm also quite a stressy person and it's been recommended to me plus I know people who swear by it.

However every time I try it I end up feeling more frustrated than I started. I either find it boring and too slow or hippy dippy, but then if I try a faster style like power yoga I struggle to keep up. It's like I'm not quite a beginner but not good enough yet to be intermediate. I also finish feeling like I've strained my neck and shoulders even more.

Any tips?

I love to read, and photography is a big part of my life. (I do it for work though so feels less of a hobby these days.) I'm really keen to learn pottery and signed up to a class before lockdown but thats all been postponed now as I'm skint!

Bit OT so sorry but quite a few of you have mentioned yoga. I really want to like it and get into it to increase my flexibility and hip strength which is currently awful. I'm also quite a stressy person and it's been recommended to me plus I know people who swear by it.

However every time I try it I end up feeling more frustrated than I started. I either find it boring and too slow or hippy dippy, but then if I try a faster style like power yoga I struggle to keep up. It's like I'm not quite a beginner but not good enough yet to be intermediate. I also finish feeling like I've strained my neck and shoulders even more.

Any tips?
Have you been to any classes or are you using YouTube? I know it might be more difficult at the moment but support from a qualified teacher with your alignment etc will really help, especially as it sounds like that could be causing your neck and shoulder issues, and you don’t want to injure yourself.

I’ve been doing yoga 3x a week for 7 years now and all I can say is finding the right style for you is trial and error! Keep trying different styles, sounds like hatha or hatha flow would suit you until you are a bit more experienced

Any tips?
Try yoga with Adrienne, the "Deep Stretch" one on youtube. It's not fast paced (might be a little on the slow side) but really targets flexibility and there is a bit in there for increasing hip strength... She has some faster ones too and offers food tips on alignment so you shouldn't strain anything. Good luck x

Try yoga with Adrienne, the "Deep Stretch" one on youtube. It's not fast paced (might be a little on the slow side) but really targets flexibility and there is a bit in there for increasing hip strength... She has some faster ones too and offers food tips on alignment so you shouldn't strain anything. Good luck x
Love Adrienne and yes I was thinking of this exact video too!