What Are Your Hobbies?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really have any hobbies, I don't seem to have time. I'm always too busy with the kids etc.. and I feel like my partners have never took it seriously that I may want to have hobbies and I never get time to peruse them .

I have interests, though, I'm really keen on general knowledge and I memorise bits of info that might be useful for a quiz. I'm also fascinated by the English language, especially dialects.

The last bit sound like something I'd put on my c.v.

Dialects are FASCINATING. I can recommend some books on them if you're interested? Lots of dialects are also very under-researched. It'd be my dream to go round all different places just chatting and recording dialects haha.

Reactions: 1
I need to hightail it back to the dating horror stories thread; once dated a guy who threw a tantrum when we did a jigsaw at the pub because it was 'too hard'. :ROFLMAO:
I look forward to reading your story. I love that thread. I can't read it at night because I can't suppress my laughter!

I like this one too, so many people have similar hobbies. If only we all knew each other, and there were no gathering restrictions...

I don't think I have a hobby.

Does tattle count?

I enjoy cooking and baking, maybe this counted as hobby?;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dialects are FASCINATING. I can recommend some books on them if you're interested? Lots of dialects are also very under-researched. It'd be my dream to go round all different places just chatting and recording dialects haha.
I studied Linguistics at university and did a whole module on the dialects of the British Isles, it was so interesting!

I would love to learn another language. The company I worked for nearly 27 years went into administration during lockdown so perhaps I should motivate myself to do it as I have a lot of time on my hands now πŸ˜€ I will certainly think about it

Reactions: 3
I would love to learn another language. The company I worked for nearly 27 years went into administration during lockdown so perhaps I should motivate myself to do it as I have a lot of time on my hands now πŸ˜€ I will certainly think about it
I'm sorry to hear that, but it's great that you are taking a positive from it! :giggle: what a great attitude!! What language(s) are you interested in? πŸ€“

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's great that you are taking a positive from it! :giggle: what a great attitude!! What language(s) are you interested in? πŸ€“
Thank you for your interest. I have minor links to Sweden so have always wanted to learn swedish πŸ˜€ or perhaps German.....or both depending on when a new job comes along. 🀞

• Heart
Thank you for your interest. I have minor links to Sweden so have always wanted to learn swedish πŸ˜€ or perhaps German.....or both depending on when a new job comes along. 🀞

πŸ₯³ my dad is Swedish, so I grew up speaking it. I only have a limited knowledge of German, but I can understand quite a lot of written German thanks to knowing Swedish. You'll have to let me know how you get on or hit me up if you want some help 😁 (OT, but I'm so sad about Sweden's handling of Covid, it's the first year in a long time that I haven't been to visit friends and family there.)

πŸ₯³ my dad is Swedish, so I grew up speaking it. I only have a limited knowledge of German, but I can understand quite a lot of written German thanks to knowing Swedish. You'll have to let me know how you get on or hit me up if you want some help 😁 (OT, but I'm so sad about Sweden's handling of Covid, it's the first year in a long time that I haven't been to visit friends and family there.)
Okay thanks, that's good to know πŸ‘
Hopefully it isn't too long before you can visit again

You'd be surprised how much people will pay for a cross stitch picture. If you can double mount and frame them, then you'll make money while enjoying your hobby. The best I made was quite a smallish picture of white roses on one stem with leaves. Put it in a large frame and it sold for Β£85.
Amazing. My husband says I should start and Etsy shop and sell my crochet blankets and cross stitch but I could never keep up to meet demand as I can imagine the blankets being in demand.

I am currently crocheting a blanket for a work friend who's baby boy is due in December and I have just started cross stitching Tigger from the new Disney cross stitch magazine. Have you seen this magazine? Its out every fortnight and you eventually make 4 Disney samplers. I am getting a subscription to this. Dh reckons it could work out expensive in the end which yeah he is right but when you weigh up how much aida, DMC or Anchor threads cost not to mention having to find patterns....the magazine will do for me 😊

I struggle to find Beartrix Potter cross stitch kits. I have done a Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle Duck but would love a Miss Tiggy Winkle one to stitch 😊😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I write a lot of fiction, I love it and it's my biggest hobby/relaxant. I also love to bake. My goal this year is to make macarons. Pre-COVID I was an avid swimmer too (well I say avid swimmer, I sort of splashed around like a headless dog with a pool noodle) but my local pool closed! :cry: Gutted. I do really want to get into sewing as well, although think it'll be tricky with my cerebral palsy!

• Heart
I write a lot of fiction, I love it and it's my biggest hobby/relaxant. I also love to bake. My goal this year is to make macarons. Pre-COVID I was an avid swimmer too (well I say avid swimmer, I sort of splashed around like a headless dog with a pool noodle) but my local pool closed! :cry: Gutted. I do really want to get into sewing as well, although think it'll be tricky with my cerebral palsy!
β™₯β™₯β™₯β™₯
I love to write fiction. I am trying to write a screen play which is an idea i have had jumbling in my mind since I were 14. Me and my best friend used to write short stories and all sorts of fan fictions and other fiction whilst at school and college. I have around 15 floppy disks with our stuff on it and she has most printed out and stored away in a lever arch file. Xx

• Heart
I am currently crocheting a blanket for a work friend who's baby boy is due in December and I have just started cross stitching Tigger from the new Disney cross stitch magazine. Have you seen this magazine? Its out every fortnight and you eventually make 4 Disney samplers. I am getting a subscription to this. Dh reckons it could work out expensive in the end which yeah he is right but when you weigh up how much aida, DMC or Anchor threads cost not to mention having to find patterns....the magazine will do for me 😊
I haven't managed to find the Disney cross stitch magazine, where did you find yours?

I haven't managed to find the Disney cross stitch magazine, where did you find yours?
Mine was in wh smith and i had walked past it a dozen times. In my wh smith they have a random shelf unit next to the till. I asked the store assistant if she had seen it in stock and she pointed them out to me.....I was stood right next to them πŸ˜…

I’m learning to play with piano 🎹 started 3 years ago, after wanting to play for most of my life (my parents couldn’t afford lessons for me) so after my dad had a life changing accident, my outlook on life changed (Life is too short) so I decided to try it. It’s so much harder learning as an adult!!

• Heart
I ride horses, don't have any of my own unfortunately :( , and lockdown meant the riding school I was going to had to close so I wasn't able to ride for about 6 months. I've only just started riding sort of regularly again which I'm so happy about (but my god am I unfit after 6 months off!)

Before lockdown I was taking japanese lessons too (I did a year of Japanese while I was at uni) but couldn't finish the course because of covid and all future courses have been cancelled until further notice πŸ’” Bf and I were gonna plan a trip to Japan next year but covid has put that plan on hold due to finances/uncertainty with whats going on in the world

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I ride horses, don't have any of my own unfortunately :( , and lockdown meant the riding school I was going to had to close so I wasn't able to ride for about 6 months. I've only just started riding sort of regularly again which I'm so happy about (but my god am I unfit after 6 months off!)

Before lockdown I was taking japanese lessons too (I did a year of Japanese while I was at uni) but couldn't finish the course because of covid and all future courses have been cancelled until further notice πŸ’” Bf and I were gonna plan a trip to Japan next year but covid has put that plan on hold due to finances/uncertainty with whats going on in the world
I rode horses when I was younger for around 8 years or so, and still catch myself missing it massively. One day I'd love to do it more frequently.

Japan really is fantastic - I spent a week split between Kyoto and Tokyo a few years ago, and they were the most memorable places I've ever visited. The food is delish (and so cheap over there) and the people are very kind and patient. Where do you plan to visit on your trip? 😊