What are you watching right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone else oversubscribed? I feel overwhelmed with FOMO from too many options and end up watching nothing. I have Netflix and HBO from family, Hulu and Disney from my mobile plan & the ones I choose: Mubi, Criterion, STARZ and Magellan, none of which cost me a lot of money. Does anyone have suggestions on how to tackle this? I have a lot of time but don’t watch anything even though I want to.

*I forgot a couple. If anyone has been down this road before, because I can’t possibly be the first, please lmk what worked for you!

Is anyone else oversubscribed? I feel overwhelmed with FOMO from too many options and end up watching nothing. I have Netflix and HBO from family, Hulu and Disney from my mobile plan & the ones I choose: Mubi, Criterion, STARZ and Magellan, none of which cost me a lot of money. Does anyone have suggestions on how to tackle this? I have a lot of time but don’t watch anything even though I want to.
I'm culling mine atm, Netflix is gone, BritBox is gone, Prime and Disney+ won't be renewed at the end of current periods. All I've got is NOW sport and entertainment, gonna be canceling Sport in a month, and entertainment probably soon after.

Gonna make a rule of 1 at a time for myself, because there isn't enough I want to watch, and you do end up going through them all not knowing what to actually press play on when you do find things to watch, and I've worked out when I've cancelled them all I'll be saving myself about £60 per month. Which when I put it like that, is a lot of money.

Reactions: 4
Just finished watching series 2 of The Pact (BBC1).
Not sure how I feel about it tbh. All seemed a little far fetched for a serious drama. Much preferred the first series.
Was it explained why she took all the children? Couldn't she have any herself? I think perhaps I missed the explanation.

Reactions: 1
I'm culling mine atm, Netflix is gone, BritBox is gone, Prime and Disney+ won't be renewed at the end of current periods. All I've got is NOW sport and entertainment, gonna be canceling Sport in a month, and entertainment probably soon after.

Gonna make a rule of 1 at a time for myself, because there isn't enough I want to watch, and you do end up going through them all not knowing what to actually press play on when you do find things to watch, and I've worked out when I've cancelled them all I'll be saving myself about £60 per month. Which when I put it like that, is a lot of money.
We have a Firestick, and only pay for Amazon Prime.
Usually between that, BBC i-player, ITVhub and the other free services on the stick their is always something to watch.
Totally agree, that you can spend more time scrolling and searching, than actually finding something to watch.
Less is more as they say.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not sure how I feel about it tbh. All seemed a little far fetched for a serious drama. Much preferred the first series.
Was it explained why she took all the children? Couldn't she have any herself? I think perhaps I missed the explanation.
Im not sure either, there's a thread on here for the series, maybe ask in there?

Reactions: 1
I know what you mean. I enjoyed it but felt like they were trying a bit too hard to build the drama and shock factor which just ended up making it a bit silly. I preferred the first series which was driven more by the characters themselves, rather than any plot twists, if that makes sense. Also Julie Hesmondhalgh is always fantastic! 🙌

I did like the coastal setting in S2 though. Every time they showed that beach cafe I couldn’t help thinking that it looked like a lovely place for a relaxing cuppa with a sea view. I must be getting old! 😂

I don't think that they did mention another (more specific) reason for the Mother's actions apart from just the fact that she generally felt compelled to help people and felt that she could give the babies/children a better life than they'd get in the care system.

The way that her own mother had treated her so badly seemed to also have a bearing, like she didn't want any other child to feel unloved like she did.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.