What are you most scared off

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My teeth falling out.
Dying in public or being filmed dying. It's such a visceral fear I feel tearful even typing this.

Reactions: 5
Living with debilitating anxiety, I feel like almost everything scares me at this point... which I’ve never actually said before... If I had to use a blanket term to explain many of my fears though, I guess it revolves around death.

It doesn’t matter if it’s my own, my family’s, my partners, the fact that it’s the end of it all haunts me everyday.

Like this world has existed for millions of years before me, sure, but the fact that time just goes on? It terrifies me. I can’t really articulate it so I hope some others understand where I’m coming from. Like I’m dead and my family pass away and that’s just... it?... the eternal aspect of that just messes with me.

I asked my partner what he thought of it and he said along the lines of “well I don’t really mind, I have my life here, with my family and career and I love it.. when the time comes it just happens”

During this, I’m like “well that’s fine and dandy but what about the after. Those hundreds, thousands of years later, you’re just unaware?? But he told me he didn’t mind because everyone that surrounds him, are also only here for a certain amount of time.

I don’t know, this is a very long winded way to say that my greatest fear in life is not only death, but the extremely long period that follows it. The endless period of nothing. That’s absolutely terrifying.
I get this 100%. I have always had a fear of death and dying whether that’s me or family. Sometimes even watching something from childhood makes me upset because we all had longer to live back then if that makes sense. Anyway my main fear for myself was cancer. It really took over my thoughts and I couldn’t sleep through worry. But I went on antidepressants and it has actually really really helped numb all of that worry for me. I can sleep and not spend so much time worrying.

Reactions: 1
Facing the eventuality of losing close family members and the grief afterwards. I am very fortunate to have my parents and siblings alive and healthy and living within 50km of my little family and we are all close.
anything happening to my husband and two girls. My family are my world.

I have a small but close group of friends and i am so grateful for them, i have been burned with friendships before and quite recently been ignored by someone who was a friend through work and we became close. i thought she would be a friend for life but how wrong i was. That hurts but makes me close ranks and realise i am probably not at a stage in life to make anymore deep friendships and i want to hold the few friends i have close and am scared of anything happening to them

I’m scared of choking, like on a piece of steak or something. The thought of knowing I was choking either alone or around people that couldn’t help me and me being aware of what’s happening just terrifies me. I think it’s because it’s so random that it can happen to anyone, anywhere and you know it’s happening. It’s weird because I don’t know of anyone this as happened too so why it plays on my mind I have no idea
100% this.
Unfortunately my best friend went out for a night out at uni, grabbed a kebab on the way home & later choked on it in his halls. His partner found him afew days later. I think about him regularly and often wonder if he suffered or if it was relatively peaceful in his last few minutes of life.. but, deep down I know the answer.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
• Anything bad happening to my daughter or boyfriend.

• Sounds daft to most people but I cannot do presentations/ public speaking. I go into panic mode just thinking about it.

• My boyfriend leaving me for someone younger, slimmer, prettier.

• My cat passing away.

• Losing my hair.

Reactions: 3
Anything bad happening to one of my boys. My eldest has his driving test next week and if he passes I know I will be telling him to text me when he drives somewhere to let me know he got there ok and I know he'll forget to do it😬I just wish he was little again.

My dad dying. It's something I've anxiously worried about all my life. I'm not sure why but I used to cry in bed as a kid over it 😞

My boyfriend being in a car accident or something and just not coming home one day.

My younger brother dying too. But taking his own life.

Losing my cat. I'd be utterly heartbroken.

Reactions: 2
I’m really scared of dying. I’m scared that I’ll know I’m dead and be stuck in a strange limbo (seen Ghost too many times!) And I’m scared that I won’t see those who have gone before me, as I like to think that I will.

I have became petrified of flying out of nowhere to the point of having dreams where I am in a plane crash. It disturbs me so much as I am young and feel guilty for not travelling but my mind has convinced me that if I go anywhere on a plane I will die it's so irrational!

Anyone I love leaving me/not being around anymore

Losing my baby dog

• Sad
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

love you my little gorgeous dude, you’re the reason I’m here

Nothing odd about this post. I feel the exact same about my buddy. Dogs are the greatest companions and I truly wish there were more people like you in this world who loved and respected them and I wish they had more time with us. Breaks my heart thinking of their lifespans. Your photo is sweet 🥰