What are you most scared off

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have at least three things that I dread happening.

My wife pre decreasing me.

Getting Parkinsons or Alzheimer's.

Having a stroke and being dependent on others. I don't mind having an attack provided that it kills me.

What are your biggest fears?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life complete
1A6AC7E8-5B61-45F0-9B3E-121A7AE82C54.jpeg

love you my little gorgeous dude, you’re the reason I’m here

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Losing my children. Children going down wrong path and getting involved in bad stuff. Basically a bag of nerves about being a mum 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Running out of time to visit all the places I want to see ... I have constant nightmares based on the theme of running out of time to do things

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

he's gorgeous! i have exact same fear as you, i have dreams where my little pup dies or is in distress and i cant help him and i wake up in floods of tears! it just shows how much they mean to us

i think my biggest fear is losing my mom or dad
dying in a horrible accident/car crash
being in a natural disaster like a tsunami
dying young
i'm pretty scared of everything tbh 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Losing my parents - We are so close, I can't imagine life without them.
Losing my child - I cry my eyes out when bad things happen to children, Ashley cain's daughter is pulling at my heart strings at the moment 💔 I honestly don't know how I'd be able to carry on if anything happened to my child.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My mum dying & leaving me to look after my dad & 2 brothers. Who all have health conditions. Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Anything serious happening to my kids.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I live in fear of my partner leaving me for someone better, younger, prettier, more talented ... probably a hangover of what happened many years ago when a former partner did exactly that.

I agree with John about Alzheimer's (or dementia) ... such a cruel, cruel disease, especially when it hits people earlier in life (a girl I went to school with was diagnosed with dementia at the age of 35 and sent to live in a home). I would not want my loved ones' quality of life to suffer through having to look after me ... I'd rather they put me in a home to be honest.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Living with debilitating anxiety, I feel like almost everything scares me at this point... which I’ve never actually said before... If I had to use a blanket term to explain many of my fears though, I guess it revolves around death.

It doesn’t matter if it’s my own, my family’s, my partners, the fact that it’s the end of it all haunts me everyday.

Like this world has existed for millions of years before me, sure, but the fact that time just goes on? It terrifies me. I can’t really articulate it so I hope some others understand where I’m coming from. Like I’m dead and my family pass away and that’s just... it?... the eternal aspect of that just messes with me.

I asked my partner what he thought of it and he said along the lines of “well I don’t really mind, I have my life here, with my family and career and I love it.. when the time comes it just happens”

During this, I’m like “well that’s fine and dandy but what about the after. Those hundreds, thousands of years later, you’re just unaware?? But he told me he didn’t mind because everyone that surrounds him, are also only here for a certain amount of time.

I don’t know, this is a very long winded way to say that my greatest fear in life is not only death, but the extremely long period that follows it. The endless period of nothing. That’s absolutely terrifying.

Edits: please know my heart reacts are for support. I really do understand these fears and I truly wish you all the best when it comes to these.

About pets dying, omg I get it. I always told myself I’d never get a pet as I never wanted to become attached to one. I’d become really depressed and my partner and I thought having a pet would be an amazing confidence boost to me! And he is. My beautiful cat is almost 2 and he’s the absolute light of my life. But I still get terrified every day over losing him. If he’s ever sleeping beside me I always have to wrap my arm around him to ensure he’s breathing fine.

On the subject of Parkinson’s, I also relate. My grandfather had it and he was one of my best friends. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to put into words my feelings on that situation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Two serious and one not as serious: dying in a way which involves not being able to breathe or being stuck somewhere and not able to get out

Wasps

Reactions: 8
My mum dying & leaving me to look after my dad & 2 brothers. Who all have health conditions. Just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Anything serious happening to my kids.
As someone in that place, it's not fun. But I've been here since childhood

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My husband getting sick/dying.
Parents and gran getting sick/dying.
I have this irrational fear of ending up alone. We both have small families and don't yet have a child... I lay awake at night and worry about this which is stupid.

Cancer.

Job stability cause of covid.

Those are the few things that deeply scare me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Betrayal by people whom I thought were friends.

Fortunately I have learned since leaving childhood, quicksand and being grabbed by monsters under my bed aren't near as big of a deal.

Reactions: 4
Living with debilitating anxiety, I feel like almost everything scares me at this point... which I’ve never actually said before... If I had to use a blanket term to explain many of my fears though, I guess it revolves around death.

It doesn’t matter if it’s my own, my family’s, my partners, the fact that it’s the end of it all haunts me everyday.

Like this world has existed for millions of years before me, sure, but the fact that time just goes on? It terrifies me. I can’t really articulate it so I hope some others understand where I’m coming from. Like I’m dead and my family pass away and that’s just... it?... the eternal aspect of that just messes with me.

I asked my partner what he thought of it and he said along the lines of “well I don’t really mind, I have my life here, with my family and career and I love it.. when the time comes it just happens”

During this, I’m like “well that’s fine and dandy but what about the after. Those hundreds, thousands of years later, you’re just unaware?? But he told me he didn’t mind because everyone that surrounds him, are also only here for a certain amount of time.

I don’t know, this is a very long winded way to say that my greatest fear in life is not only death, but the extremely long period that follows it. The endless period of nothing. That’s absolutely terrifying.

Edits: please know my heart reacts are for support. I really do understand these fears and I truly wish you all the best when it comes to these.

About pets dying, omg I get it. I always told myself I’d never get a pet as I never wanted to become attached to one. I’d become really depressed and my partner and I thought having a pet would be an amazing confidence boost to me! And he is. My beautiful cat is almost 2 and he’s the absolute light of my life. But I still get terrified every day over losing him. If he’s ever sleeping beside me I always have to wrap my arm around him to ensure he’s breathing fine.

On the subject of Parkinson’s, I also relate. My grandfather had it and he was one of my best friends. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to put into words my feelings on that situation.
This is exactly how I feel - it's the endless eternity of nothing and ceasing to exist that leaves me paralysed with fear multiple times a day

Reactions: 6
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

I fear this so much at the moment. Mine is nearly 10 and last year she had cancer, traumatic time enough but I've working from home since last March and I'm never been away from her. I've noticed she is more tired lately and due to her age and having cancer I get upset a lot thinking about her going. I couldn't bear being at home without her every day.
Dogs are the most special creatures and give us so much love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10