What are you most scared off

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an interesting topic!

My biggest fear is absolutely something happening to my dog, he is my absolute world. He's actually not been well this week and was in the vets from Saturday until today, the worrying has been unbearable. He's back home now, not 100% but is doing ok. I also got him, as AlanBanan said above, at a time when I was struggling in life and he really saved me. He gave me a reason to live and gets me out every single day. We are so so lucky to have dogs and other pets as companions, they are truly amazing. So sorry this has turned into a soppy post 😂

Also I have a real fear of being attacked whilst I'm out walking, I always carry something I could use as a weapon and usually share my location with my mum. It's probably a really irrational fear but it feels so real.

Finally, this will sound so silly, but if I'm anywhere near a golf course, I cannot relax at all as I have a fear about getting hit by a golf ball.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Being homeless. I think it’s from years of being a lodger- you know you have no power if they decide they’ve had enough!
Social Services taking my girl from me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s really odd but I have an awful fear of losing my dog. I have nightmares about losing him and have woken up crying over it. I love my little pal with all my heart and wouldn’t be here without him as I first got him when I was going through a very bad time mentally, he just makes my life completeView attachment 526253

love you my little gorgeous dude, you’re the reason I’m here
I am scared of all pets, but your dog looks cute.

When I was younger our house and garden was bordered on one side by a short row of terraced houses. These were mainly occupied by first time buyers and senior citizens.

As my brother and I were young the seniors would often talk to us and became friendly.

Anyway one of them had a dog very similar to yours but a bit smaller. One day she tells us she has to go to hospital and not sure if she will make it, so she had her dog put down.

Anyway the lady recovered fully very quickly, and as you can imagine she was devastated at having her dog put down unnecessarily.

It was very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Mice. Spiders. Vomit. Small spaces.

Having to watch either of my parents suffer as they die.
Contracting an incurable disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Where do I start?..

Ultimate fear is losing my mum, dad, sisters, brothers, nephews, nieces - One of my sisters died many years ago and it broke me, now I am an adult and have the best relationships with my whole family. I know its inevitable we loose people but it really makes me very sad and anxious if I think about a day where I might have to walk the earth without them. Especially my mum, I would be lost without her :cry: ❤

Living without my partner, dying before him or him before me - He truly is my best friend and when I think about it, i again just get really upset because we have so many plans. We are relatively young, I'm 31 and he is 29(toyboy haha) but you hear and see all the time people losing their best friends and how broken they are, I don't think I would be strong enough to handle it. But its me just making up scenarios in my head.

Cancer. Goes without saying. I lost my sister to throat cancer and my stepmum to ovarian cancer and to watch your loved ones suffer though they showed tremendous strength.

Getting unwell and not knowing I am unwell if that makes sense? Might seem silly but lately I have had a bit of a cough maybe once or twice a day, which is a bit wet and I have to clear my throat. Its been like this for about a month. I find myself goggling what it could be etc and getting myself into such a state worrying it cold be something more even though its more than likely just a cough. I must do my boyfriends head in googling stuff.

Deep water. I need to be able to touch the bottom and I don't like the currents that can pull you out further even if you are relatively close to the beach and knee high lol.

Spiders. I am absolutely petrified. Even ones the size of a 20p scare me. I can't even continue to talk about this as I have goosebumps and not good ones, at the thought.

Also the day I have to live without my cat. She is only one but I wish she could live forever. xo

I am scared of quite alot of things haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Losing my family or my partner
Being cheated on
Cancer
Spiders. Hate them even small ones, can't look at pictures of them. I find upsetting and scary genuinely panic lol

Reactions: 1
So many things.

- Anything bad happening to my children; be it bullying, serious illness, death, kidnap, anything unthinkable. I think it’s true what they say, once you become a parent you do not go a second of each day without worrying about them. To know my child is suffering and there isn’t a thing I can do to take the pain away would break me.

-My husband dying before me. I’ve always been an independent person but he has been my rock through the hard times. I couldn’t imagine going through life without him.

-The future. I hate not knowing how things are going to turn out in a way. My children have additional support needs, and while they’re still young now and have a long way to go where anything is possible, I do wonder how they will navigate the world as they get older. Will they still need me and my husband as much? Will they still be living at home or able to live independently from us? What would happen to them if we died and they weren’t independent of us, who would take care of them? Common fears that many SEN parents share, I believe.

- Being diagnosed with dementia or any other degenerative illness, or having a stroke. I see enough in my line of work to know that is something that scares me. Being trapped in your own body or losing control of yourself and forgetting everybody you love. It’s very sad.

-Not death necessarily, but a painful, drawn out death, or dying alone.

- The day our cats eventually die. Even just thinking about it bring me to tears. They are members of our family and I think I’ll be most devastated as they’re all very bonded to me, especially my oldest girl who I got when I was single, going through the toughest time mentally. She has been my best friend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What an interesting topic!

My biggest fear is absolutely something happening to my dog, he is my absolute world. He's actually not been well this week and was in the vets from Saturday until today, the worrying has been unbearable. He's back home now, not 100% but is doing ok. I also got him, as AlanBanan said above, at a time when I was struggling in life and he really saved me. He gave me a reason to live and gets me out every single day. We are so so lucky to have dogs and other pets as companions, they are truly amazing. So sorry this has turned into a soppy post 😂

Also I have a real fear of being attacked whilst I'm out walking, I always carry something I could use as a weapon and usually share my location with my mum. It's probably a really irrational fear but it feels so real.

Finally, this will sound so silly, but if I'm anywhere near a golf course, I cannot relax at all as I have a fear about getting hit by a golf ball.
I hate it when people ask me what I will do without my boys (my dogs). They also saved me. Even my mum (who isn’t soppy at all and has no time for animals) says my boys are more than dogs. Even now I have children of my own, my boys will always be my babies. I am massively concerned about how I will cope without them. I can’t even imagine it.
For me, it isn’t anything that will happen to me, I think those things are out of my control. If I die in a natural disaster or anything like that, it will be me that suffers & no one I love. I can handle that. It is the things to those around me I can’t cope with. I hate the thought of my children having any type of suffering. I can’t read anything about Ashley Cains daughter as it breaks my heart. Selfish I know but for my own sanity.
I Also worry about not being able to provide for my family but also being able to teach them about having a good work ethic which IMO people are losing quickly nowadays. I worry about them not being happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Pancreatic cancer (I lost my dad and my paternal aunt, both in their 60s, so I feel like there must be a genetic link, and it scares me!)

• Heart
  • Sad
Spiders would be on my list just after wasps. I held a tarantula a few years ago and it did nothing to stop me being scared of ordinary spiders. For a start it didn't move and it was more like holding a hamster than anything else. Love to all of you with the really serious fears which I think everyone can empathise with xx

Another to add:

Moths - I dread the summer because I like to have my window open. I'm petrified. I'm newly single, my ex has gone so I've even panicked about how I'll get it out of the house now that he's not here 😂

Great white sharks and the sea - This stems from watching Jaws when I was a child. I went on a ferry once & stayed downstairs the entire time. I've always said if I ever ended up stuck in the ocean (though I doubt that would happen), I feel like I'd have to let myself drown rather than try to swim to safety. The fear would kill me first.

I am tit scared of being burgled whilst my husband is on a night shift and I’m on my own to protect the kids. So much so, I’ve made him install CCTV cameras on the house. I don’t know what I would do to protect myself and my children if that happened.

Scared of spiders and needles (only when I'm injected tho, fine giving blood and when I had a tattoo so idk what that's about)

Often get worried about being kidnapped and tortured, I blame an overactive imagination for that.

I'm scared that I'll get depressed if/when I have a baby and be a bad parent

I'm scared of anyone in my family dying, I haven't experienced a death in the family ever, my parents and grandparents are quite young and my great grandparents all died either before I was born or a baby. I'm particularly scared that my mum may die before her time as she has some health issues and doesn't look after herself enough.

Oh and scared of being a situation where I end up homeless.

So quite a few things really but I can't say the trouble me too often, only when I really think about them

• Heart
I’m scared of choking, like on a piece of steak or something. The thought of knowing I was choking either alone or around people that couldn’t help me and me being aware of what’s happening just terrifies me. I think it’s because it’s so random that it can happen to anyone, anywhere and you know it’s happening. It’s weird because I don’t know of anyone this as happened too so why it plays on my mind I have no idea

Another thing I'm terrified of is giving birth. Since I was a little girl I've wanted to be a mum and still hope one day I will be (seriously thinking about it this year!) but the birth part does scare me :D

• Heart
Something apocalyptic happening e.g. alien invasion where everyone is dead apart from me 🥺 and I have to starve to death because the air is poisonous and There’s no food
Cancer
Dying
My boyfriend leaving me for someone else

I'm terrified of losing my husband. Without him, life isn't worth it.

I'm terrified of losing my cat. I tell her all the time that I need her and she can't ever leave me. I'll take any ill health she has cos I just need her to be happy & healthy.

Lettuce. It just makes me feel very uncomfortable. I really don't want to be any were near it.

The dark & being blind. It's terrifying.

Spiders & butterflies. Just creepy and move way too quick.

Two serious and one not as serious: dying in a way which involves not being able to breathe or being stuck somewhere and not able to get out
The minute I read this I thought of John Edward Jones straightway.
He was a spelunker who died in the Nutty Putty cave in Utah.
It stayed with me for a long time after I read about it.
Poor man died a terrible death 😢

• Sad