What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oohh glad I found this thread!
I wanted to do lasagna tonight, managed to get everything except lasagna sheets though. I will freeze the meats so they don't get wasted or make something else.
I was planning on doing one a found on youtube so now I have two tubs of ricotta and 2 packets of mozerella balls...can I feeeze them?

Chicken enchiladas - sorry I can’t upload the photo for some reason.

Edit: working now but forgot to take one after cooking.

View attachment 104905
My hubs has gone off enchiladas....dying to make them but no point doing them for just little old me...

Reactions: 2
I wanted to do lasagna tonight, managed to get everything except lasagna sheets though. I will freeze the meats so they don't get wasted or make something else.
I was planning on doing one a found on youtube so now I have two tubs of ricotta and 2 packets of mozerella balls...can I feeeze them?
You can freeze both but the texture may change once thawed so best used in cooking rather than “fresh”.
The ricotta may go grainy though.
I’ve never done it myself but if the alternative is to bin them, then I’d give it a try.

Reactions: 1
This is such a good thread! Trying to cook new things during isolation so I’m sure I’ll get loads of inspiration from here.
Last night I made Roast chicken, rice, veg and pepper sauce. I haven’t made it before but it turned out quite nice, also trying to incorporate more veg into my diet because I don’t like it much 😅

My hubs has gone off enchiladas....dying to make them but no point doing them for just little old me...

I saw a recipe where they used bread instead of lasagne sheets. It looked really nice

I’m putting together a buffet tonight. Don’t know why but just felt like it. Might even eat it in the garden!! Got pizzas onion Bhajis (my bf loves em) crisps dip salad coleslaw sausage rolls ( vegan for my bf🙄) scotch eggs Breadsticks bread rolls falafel bites melon strawberries and other bits for pud 🥰🥰 feel like doing a spread for my little family 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can't guarantee that this will inspire anyone for dinner but we had a lovely lockdown leftovers salad 😬 Slightly wilted iceberg lettuce, cous cous, roasted dodgy red pepper and pumpkin seeds, grated carrot and tinned sweetcorn. Served with homemade bread brick roll and slow cooked gammon. I even remembered to photograph it for you all.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Tonight I made cheese quarter pounders with fries.

732513BF-9EA1-4818-9828-F2D0EF842BDE.jpeg

On another thread I was asked for the “Big Mac” sauce recipe.
It’s not a bad copy if you’re missing McDonald’s...

4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow, American mustard (I use French’s brand)
1 tablespoon finely chopped gherkin
Mix it all together, pop it into an airtight container and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour before using.

33B5B772-CB9B-4CC4-A71B-4DD3A6A59439.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m putting together a buffet tonight. Don’t know why but just felt like it. Might even eat it in the garden!! Got pizzas onion Bhajis (my bf loves em) crisps dip salad coleslaw sausage rolls ( vegan for my bf🙄) scotch eggs Breadsticks bread rolls falafel bites melon strawberries and other bits for pud 🥰🥰 feel like doing a spread for my little family 💕💕
Oooh I love a buffet in the garden.

• Heart
My son loves a buffet.
Whenever it’s a family birthday I ask them what they want me to cook.
Youngest son always wants a buffet.
I think it’s because it reminds him of Boxing Day because we always have one then.

I can't guarantee that this will inspire anyone for dinner but we had a lovely lockdown leftovers salad 😬 Slightly wilted iceberg lettuce, cous cous, roasted dodgy red pepper and pumpkin seeds, grated carrot and tinned sweetcorn. Served with homemade bread brick roll and slow cooked gammon. I even remembered to photograph it for you all.
Not a fan of cous cous but the rest looks good.

Tonight I made cheese quarter pounders with fries.

View attachment 105622

On another thread I was asked for the “Big Mac” sauce recipe.
It’s not a bad copy if you’re missing McDonald’s...

4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons tomato ketchup
2 teaspoons yellow, American mustard (I use French’s brand)
1 tablespoon finely chopped gherkin
Mix it all together, pop it into an airtight container and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour before using.

View attachment 105624
American mustard is excellent. Fantastic in burgers and with chips too. I even use with boiled potatoes. I did grow up eating it. It’s not available in enough restaurants either.

American mustard is excellent. Fantastic in burgers and with chips too. I even use with boiled potatoes. I did grow up eating it. It’s not available in enough restaurants either.
Hence your user name? 😁

• Haha
Fish fingers, micro chips n brown sauce.

The plate looks a bit greasey cos I had put chips in the oven and was supposed to put the fish fingers in 12 minutes before they were ready. I completely forgot and they were cooked so I ate them while the fingers were cooking on the same plate cos I only have 2 paper plates left and my real plates aren't coming until the 25th in my tesco delivery. :( but i have a bowl so gonna have to eat everything out a bowl or toast of me chopping boards. 😂 thank God for micro chips so I could put some on cos I wanted more chips xx

20200408_183050.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have chilli con carne (with extra beans added to stretch it) a jacket potato and a handful of tortilla crisps. I eat my dinner in work on week nights and only have access to a microwave so will definitely be using this thread for ideas....it's so hard to come up with meal ideas that re-heat nicely without getting repetitive

[/QUOTE]
Hence your user name? 😁
Yes, except I don’t like English mustard! It’s too hot. I have been buying German mustard too in the last few years. Also like Dijon and that is good mixed with mayo.

I have chilli con carne (with extra beans added to stretch it) a jacket potato and a handful of tortilla crisps. I eat my dinner in work on week nights and only have access to a microwave so will definitely be using this thread for ideas....it's so hard to come up with meal ideas that re-heat nicely without getting repetitive
I made that today too but mine was veggie and made with a packet of dried soya mince I found in the cupboard. I also baked a few extra potatoes and will have one tomorrow sliced up and cooked with an egg, tomatoes, baked beans and toast.

I made my own flatbreads to go with a lentil and coconut curry...very easy to make and so tasty
I made some flatbreads the other day too. Slightly different than yours. Mine were made with flour, yogurt, salt and some baking powder. Trying to upload recipe but I can’t.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.